• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
When it comes to playable characters, Mario representation in Smash tends to go in favor of characters with main series importance. The fact that both Rosalina and Bowser Jr were added in favor of Waluigi's promotion is proof of this.

And considering Nintendo clearly has no intention of making Waluigi anything other than spinoff fodder in spite of his popularity, I'm quite certain he'll remain an Assist Trophy in Smash 5 unless he's promoted in the main series.

Isabelle, on the other hand, is most definitely the likeliest possible second Animal Crossing rep. I'd actually put her at the top of the list for Assist Trophies who are most likely to be promoted in Smash 5.
Eh, just a feeling on Waluigi. Isabelle is most likely to be promoted though yeah, imo.

Shroob

Sup?
But he did. It's the final Smash Direct.
This will be over soon, and I thank God for that.
The final Smash 'direct'.

Unless he flat out says this is the end of the DLC, people will not stop believing that more is coming. Wolf doesn't come this patch? "Don't worry guize, they're saving him for Star Fox Zero!"

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Honestly, I don't think Tama is doing anything dealing with smash for nintendolife, but we will have to wait and see. Even if dram does start, I say we ignore, it's only 3 days till the broadcast, which isn't that long.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
......I am still am and going tbh, I should still be it, the only reason I psot less in it is because it;s the end of speculation soon.

And going tbh, if I had to give OP (which I will never do as far as my support is concerned), it woudln;t be you, I know other people that would do a better job.

For example, did you know that your sig was linking a defunct thread since a month or 2?

Click it, it;s not open for replies, the thread got moved by me in the new support group.

Plus, you never actually got into the thread......
You don't have to be a jerk about it. And yes I was aware, I just barely can change my sig from how laggy this site is.

I'm not sure what your problem with me is. You don't seem to at all like me very much. Thanks for making me sad, I guess, but hey 6 people agree with you, so.

And you do realize that's another reason? I barely go into other threads because it's kind of a pain to type on Smashboards, it's the laggiest site I go to on a daily basis.

Hopefully, the fact that I've made multiple Paper Mario movesets as well as a support thread for him in a Smash fangame would make up for me not being able to attend your thread.

And also, I just edited my signature for you.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
The final Smash 'direct'.

Unless he flat out says this is the end of the DLC, people will not stop believing that more is coming. Wolf doesn't come this patch? "Don't worry guize, they're saving him for Star Fox Zero!"
I'm pretty sure most will catch on. After the ballot there's no real reason to go on.
This is grand finale, and DLC needs to end sometime.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
My top 3 wanted characters: Dixie Kong, King K.Rool, Cranky Kong.
I like Donkey Kong.

The most probably in my opnion: 1 - Inkling, 2 - Wolf, 3 - Snake.
I think they want the easy way.
If one kong is possible, is dixie, because diddy.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Also I just got my SK amiibo. Looks good from what I can tell.

Has anyone here played J-Stars? And if so is it any good?

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I decided to make my own Bingo board for Direct since other people are giving it a shot.

In order to create the authentic Burb experience, most of it is based around negativity, salt, and broken dreams!

Last edited:

Soul.

I still don't understand why the loss of Ice Climbers makes everyone hate on 3DS lmao

Shroob

Sup?
I decided to make my own Bingo board for Direct since other people are giving it a shot.

In order to create the authentic Burb experience, most of it is based around negativity, salt, and broken dreams!

This almost seems too easy, I'll do this. Is gimmicky stage already crossed off?

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Also I just got my SK amiibo. Looks good from what I can tell.

Has anyone here played J-Stars? And if so is it any good?
I played the PS3 version of J-Stars.

It's a really decent game but nothing special IMO. But Bobobobobo-Bobo, Kenshiro, Yusuke and the Joestars are in there.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002

Honestly, I wouldn't mind Mickey Mouse in Smash.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Row 1 (In order from left to right):
Ridley
Isaac
Local Tournament Mode
New Pork City Stage
Adventure Mode

Row 2:
Poke Floats Stage
Melee HD Announced
Shovel Knight
Inklings
Fountain of Dreams Stage

Row 3:
Sephiroth in some way shape or form
Story Mode
Cloud (Free Space)
Ice Climbers
Phoenix Wright

Row 4:
Assist Trophy upgraded to playable
Kingdom Hearts Mii Costumes
Snake
End of Smash Bros DLC
Professor Layton

Row 5:
No more veterans/no veterans
Ballot Winner isn't announced
Capcom Mii Costumes
Steve from Minecraft
More than 3 characters announced

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
This almost seems too easy, I'll do this. Is gimmicky stage already crossed off?
No, that's just the picture.

It's just meant to show Battlefield crossed off since it's the favorite stage of the competitive Smash community (aka the people who tend to hate gimmick stages the most).

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

No mention of how Ridley won't be DLC?
You've lost your touch Burb!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I still don't understand why the loss of Ice Climbers makes everyone hate on 3DS lmao
Because "muh they promised the inferior 3DS wouldn't hold back the superior Wii U but it did!!! zomg why Sakurai! he should be fired".

Only you would make such a bingo. :chuckle:

D

Deleted member

>FREE SQUARE
*ba dum tss*
I'm pretty sure you'll get at least two bingos

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Laughed at how Daisy falls under negativity. :laugh:

I'm using this one for sure.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Now now, we mustn't stoop to such a low hanging fruit. We are a refined thread, and we should reflect that.

On a side note I'm also using Burb's Bingo. It'll at least bring me joy in these last fewd ays.

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
Probably should've put "Splatoon Stage" and "MGS Stage" in rather than Inkopolis and Shadow Moses. They're a bit too specific. Like, imagine if we got Inkling and the stage bundles with them was something other than Inkopolis. It'd be sorta bull.

Shadow Moses is a safer guess (well, as safe as any guess involving a Snake return can be, considering he has little-to-no chance of coming back), but it suffers from the same issue nevertheless.
You got a quite good point there. I just like to be specific to make it harder for me. IF they decide to make new metal gear solid then I would take a loss on my side, and it would apply same for any other splatoon locations. ;)

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Anyone still holding out hope for a playable Ridley in SSB4 have been through enough at this point.

No need to taunt them further.

Laughed at how Daisy falls under negativity. :laugh:

I'm using this one for sure.
She's pretty polarizing. Some communities love her, others despise her, and there's very little middle ground.

The grand majority of the time I see her get mentioned here, it's in a negative manner, so....

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I don't like bingo and bets due to me not wanting to lose money, sanity and dignity.

But I will make a guarantee here

THERE WILL BE A DK NEWCOMER & CLOUD WILL BE RELEASE PRETTY SOON AFTER THE DIRECT

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title

this is my favorite bingo board

im tempting to use it

*secretly hopes to mark off "Pichu Returns"*

Last edited:

Soul.

Because "muh they promised the inferior 3DS wouldn't hold back the superior Wii U but it did!!! zomg why Sakurai! he should be fired".
tbh I don't really get why Wii U's "superiority" matters when people talk about the games. It sucks people have to have a stigma towards the 3DS version.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Anyone still holding out hope for a playable Ridley in SSB4 have been through enough at this point.

No need to taunt them further.

She's pretty polarizing. Some communities love her, others despise her, and there's very little middle ground.

The grand majority of the time I see her get mentioned here, it's in a negative manner, so....
Yeah her chances are really pushing daisies

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

We need to turn Burbovellian into an adjective meaning to break ones spirit through flawless logic.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
After thinking about it, I actually see inklings happening. Expecially after how Nintendo minute highlited the fan popularity.

Nintendo likes money, inklings would sell. They were popular on the ballot, and it makes sense to do it at the peak of their popularity rather the years later in smash 5.

So my predictions:

in additon to Cloud: Wolf, Inklings, and another 3rd party.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown

You know the Bingo with most chances of make a line it's yours, right ?
I mean... I believe in more than haf of the choices there.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Pretty much only because her main supporter around here is incredibly annoying. Especially when attempting to argue.

Regarding your bingo again, I can honestly see the 4th vertical row to the right happening, with Isaac failing to debut being merged with soul crushing Mii costume.

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
You know the Bingo with most chances of make a line it's yours, right ?
I mean... I believe in more than haf of the choices there.
I'm very much aware, actually.

I tried to put at least one unlikely/perceived-to-be-unlikely square in each row to make it a little harder, but I think rows 1 and 3 are likely to be filled anyway.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Hope you guys enjoy.

A (not so serious) Smash Direct Prediction Video.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Since everyone else is at it...
final_smash_bingo.png
Didn't pay too much attention to ordering, and a lot of this doesn't reflect wants / expectations, but if Waluigi by some ridiculous chance gets in, automatic 3/5. I like how I'm not the only one to have used the wording "soul-crushing Mii costume" either, after having caught up with the thread.

EDIT: Forgot "overplayed reaction video"; that's more or less the free space, I guess.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom