• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
King's Quest Episode 2 finally has a release date

it's the 15th, the day of smash AND last day of the semester.

Im going to have so many things to do when I get home <3

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Tournament Update, folks. Round 2

• Beauty and the Beast def. Electronic Arts
  • Dr. Yoshi def. Wario Bros.
  • Pac of Lions def. Dragon Knignt
  • A Robot Boy and and His Dog def. Birds of Prey
  • Cap Crew def. Mind and Muscle (Best Match of the round)
  • True Minds def. Captain King (Fox screwed it up for the whole team)

The last match for :4link::4zss:vs ?? is coming up then the next round. Decide the new Wild Card team

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
im going to make a mental note to never open your spoilers ever again
Well, that's just his happy face. So it isn't really that bad.
Although, you just made him mad. Showing his true form.

:troll:

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I found extended loops of XCX songs. I can die happy.

Also, changed my avatar. No more Ganon Claus (or Santa Dorf, if you prefer), at least for a while. You know why Ganon doesn't like the Internet: too many links. (Old joke is old, but funny nonetheless.)

Maybe I should add a Santa hat to this new one later.

Anyway, while I was looking for more avatar material, specifically for a new Ganondorf avatar, I found this:

Shame I still don't have HW. Thankfully, it's coming to the 3DS next year. On the other hand, I plan on getting a Wii U soon, so there's that.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Poots (Wolf)
The Anvil
Epicmartin7
Pokechu (Pichu)
Substitution (Pichu)
KenboClarissian (Shovel Knight)
This is gonna be fun. :demon:
(For the record, anyone who wants to join, just tag me and I'll add you in.)

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Honestly I'll be really surprised if Waluigi and Isabelle aren't promoted for Smash 5.

It just makes sense. Animal Crossing deserves more then 1 rep, and Waluigi is...well, REALLY demanded.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So I decided to do random for ZSS/Link's opponents and they lost to them, the team?

Air and Ground Conrtol (:4jigglypuff::4littlemac:)

Next Round coming up

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Tournament Update, folks. Round 2

• Beauty and the Beast def. Electronic Arts
  • Dr. Yoshi def. Wario Bros.
  • Pac of Lions def. Dragon Knignt
  • A Robot Boy and and His Dog def. Birds of Prey
  • Cap Crew def. Mind and Muscle (Best Match of the round)
  • True Minds def. Captain King (Fox screwed it up for the whole team)

The last match for :4link::4zss:vs ?? is coming up then the next round. Decide the new Wild Card team
:4myfriends:+:4sheik: = Needless Sympathy

:awesome:

EDIT: Aww you already did it.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Poots (Wolf)
The Anvil
Epicmartin7
Pokechu (Pichu)
Substitution (Pichu)
KenboClarissian (Shovel Knight)
This is gonna be fun. :demon:
(For the record, anyone who wants to join, just tag me and I'll add you in.)
What is this for again?

Poots

Smash Journeyman
I'm beginning to get the feeling that people may start avoiding this thread if Wolf gets revealed/ if I win the bet.

"Why" you ask?

This is just a small preview of what's to come.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think Bingo's a little worthless for this event as we only have a set number of things it can be with no chance of 9 things let alone 25 for the whole square.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Honestly I'll be really surprised if Waluigi and Isabelle aren't promoted for Smash 5.

It just makes sense. Animal Crossing deserves more then 1 rep, and Waluigi is...well, REALLY demanded.
I could definitely see isabelle as she has become an icon to the series. I would still hope for Nook or K.K. though, but I wouldn't oppose isabelle.

As for waluigi, it could happen, but he has toad and paper mario in his way imo. Still would love to play as him though.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
There's my bet I proposed a while back.

People who think Wolf will be revealed: If they lose they must have a scrappy Doo avatar for a week.

People who think Wolf will not be revealed: If they lose they must have a Cailou avatar for a week.

Either loser must also write a paragraph explaining in detail what a great character Indiana Jone's Willie Scott is. :p

Last edited:

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238
I'm hoping we get blown out of the water again like we did with Cloud.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
epicmartin7 epicmartin7
i already know what's in there.

not opening it, because since it's from you, it's going to be some images with a troll face after it. :c

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
What is this for again?
Originally it was "If Pichu gets in", but at this point it's who you think will get revealed. Winner(s) get to pick the loser(s) avatar(s) for a week. Speaking of...

@TheAnvil
epicmartin7 epicmartin7
Rules have changed. Could you pick who you think will get in?

Mind if I join? I DON'T think Shovel Knight will be revealed. Substitution Substitution
You can join, but is it okay if you instead pick a character?
It's just easier to have everyone on an equal footing.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
D

Difference is that there's quite a lot in this generation that we don't have access to. Three moves, one special alternate form, four Zygarde forms and Volcanion.

We're not done with Gen 6 yet. Not even close.
Exactly. Time-wise three years is relatively standard affair for a gen. But content wise there's still a fair bit left between Pokemon Z, the token last legendary and that Digimon Zygarde.

Hence my prediction being Gen 7 in 2017, not next year.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
I might as well say this now, but damn, it's only now starting to dawn on me... it's (hopefully) almost going to be all over. It's really been one hell of a roller-coaster ride.

Maybe when it's all said and done, we could share some of our experiences within the speculation period.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I might as well say this now, but damn, it's only now starting to dawn on me... it's (hopefully) almost going to be all over.

Maybe when it's all said and done, we could share some of our experiences within the speculation period.
tbh, since the direct woudln't matter as much to me in the worst case, I can already share a lot now :)

Like my.......very paranoid strats to get supporters when I was OP of the Paper Mario thread for example :)

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Originally it was "If Pichu gets in", but at this point it's who you think will get revealed. Winner(s) get to pick the loser(s) avatar(s) for a week. Speaking of...

@TheAnvil
epicmartin7 epicmartin7

Can I choose multiple?
If not, just K. Rool then.

tbh, since the direct woudln't matter as much to me in the worst case, I can already share a lot now :)

Like my.......very paranoid strats to get supporters when I was OP of the Paper Mario thread for example :)
Speaking of which, do you see Paper Mario being revealed on the 15th?

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin

@TheAnvil
epicmartin7 epicmartin7

Um... that's fine. I'll pick Shovel Knight then. Might as well.

epicmartin7 epicmartin7
i already know what's in there.

not opening it, because since it's from you, it's going to be some images with a troll face after it. :c
Uh... it's nothing bad. It's meant to be a joke. I guess I'm sorry if you feel that way. If you don't want me to joke with you, that's fine.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
We noticed.
...actually, some strats were done behind the scenes and is probably more than you would expect lol :)

For example, when I got the OP and I realised that it wasn;t active and was falling in the thread list, I had to actually strategically space the bumps of the thread to avoid the double post need. And in the messages, I would try as hard as I can to have other replies as if the thread is too inactive, that would be bad so I was trying as hard as I can to have discussions going on and I think I did a good job at that, but sometime, it was hard.

The other strat was how I targeted supporter, i spent a lot of time to actually spot them like I kept checking the viewers list on the thread page, was doing a full queue of people who I suspect to support etc....

I really cared a lot about the thread at the time lol :)

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
...actually, some strats were done behind the scenes and is probably more than you would expect lol :)

For example, when I got the OP and I realised that it wasn;t active and was falling in the thread list, I had to actually strategically space the bumps of the thread to avoid the double post need. And in the messages, I would try as hard as I can to have other replies as if the thread is too inactive, that would be bad so I was trying as hard as I can to have discussions going on and I think I did a good job at that, but sometime, it was hard.

The other strat was how I targeted supporter, i spent a lot of time to actually spot them like I kept checking the viewers list on the thread page, was doing a full queue of people who I suspect to support etc....

I really cared a lot about the thread at the time lol :)
Wait, are you still the owner of the Paper Mario thread? Cause if you're not...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
TBH I don't know what to expect from the direct. Wolf seems most likely, but it's not enough of a certainty to bet my avatar on it and there are so many suggestions flying around I can't pin a solitary one down.

The closest I could say is that I don't expect yet another third party. I wasn't expecting the first two, granted, but I think the remaining characters will be more first party focused.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Wait, are you still the owner of the Paper Mario thread? Cause if you're not...
......I am still am and going tbh, I should still be it, the only reason I psot less in it is because it;s the end of speculation soon.

And going tbh, if I had to give OP (which I will never do as far as my support is concerned), it woudln;t be you, I know other people that would do a better job.

For example, did you know that your sig was linking a defunct thread since a month or 2?

Click it, it;s not open for replies, the thread got moved by me in the new support group.

Plus, you never actually got into the thread......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom