• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just Crank-a-Kaied some crazy S class Ice version of a Kyubi.

Not going to use to right now though.

This game is so good but there are a few little niggly issues I have. One being the map.
Yeah, believe it or not that was my first crank a kai

Frostail.

He's the most powerful member of my team - damage-wise

He's also fragile as all hell.

He's even MORE powerful than Kyubi and honestly more useful as I found more enemies weak to ice than fire.

He's got a spirit of 306 without items (Mine does) at level 99

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The game was attempting to load Dream Land 64 but the stage had yet to be released. This is what confirmed the Roy/Ryu leak for me.
More or less the same here.

I just saw that Substitution's post involved Battlefield so I figured my video was like a back up of the theory (or rather proof that Battlefield is the "default value" stage).

Shroob

Sup?
So, am I the only one who believes that the Direct is coming the 16th?

The guy who said it leaked Cloud of all characters, so I think there's no reason not to trust him.

D

Deleted member

So.

-sniff- I'm going to like, post a Nuzlocke chapter or whatever. Y-You don't have to read it! It's not like I wanted you to, anyways.... l'm like, perfectly fine, but I mean, i-if you want... okay come on guys READ IT

So. IGGY is dropped into a world where blue frogs are normal, and animals fight to the death. You guessed it. wildanimalfightclub.com!

She quickly meets up with her mommy who loves her dearly enough to send her out into the wild, and into jerkface MILEY's house. MILEY told her that they should try and get Pokemon from the professor. IGGY wasn't taking none that.

So, skip a few scenes and ooo gurl IGGY got her a Turtwig!

and yes, she fought to the death with MILEY. IGGY had to go to some school and find some clowns. I-G-G-Y? How about I-G-G-.....WHY? I've been playing Pokemon all my life tyvm

but before that she got some pokeballs from Lucas (yo when yo game comin over here?) and.....
I-G-G-Y? More like I-G-G-FLY!

i also brutally killed Chimchar again

Team:
Bedoop. Male. Level 12.
I-G-G-FLY. Female. Level 10.

Deaths: 0
Are you playing on an emulator? Come to think of it, I should probably have done that and played Fire Red instead(the Kanto games are the onlh ones I haven't played before)
But then again, I failed in my first Platinum run so I gotta redeem myself
And also, I have three chances to get Trapdevoir
And dkn't worry, I'll read all of your updates!
I know how it feels otherwise... :drsad:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So, am I the only one who believes that the Direct is coming the 16th?

The guy who said it leaked Cloud of all characters, so I think there's no reason not to trust him.
There's always the chance Nintendo could have a change of plan since he got his information. Again, this is what Gematsu/Sal Romano defenders tried to say in regards to explaining characters it never mentioned (Rosalina, Robin, Lucina, and getting Chrom and Chorus Men wrong. And getting Shulk's reveal date wrong).

That's assuming he got info though.

I'm at this point where I don't care for leaks. I'd rather wait for official reveals.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
There's always the chance Nintendo could have a change of plan since he got his information. Again, this is what Gematsu defenders tried to say in regards to explaining characters it never mentioned (Rosalina, Robin, Lucina, and getting Chrom and Chorus Men wrong).

That's assuming he got info though.

I'm at this point where I don't care for leaks. I'd rather wait for official reveals.
To be fair, if it's not this week, it almost has to come next. I can't imagine Nintendo not wanting to push out something that'll sell like crazy before the holidays.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
To be fair, if it's not this week, it almost has to come next. I can't imagine Nintendo not wanting to push out something that'll sell like crazy before the holidays.
Agreed. But I don't necessarily think that makes the "leaker" right either.

At this point it's just a guy who got one forum post that seemingly was on the ball. Fair enough there, but that won't necessarily mean he has any other info outside of the simple fact Cloud is in the game.

It happens all of the time - someone has a morsel of info, leaks it out, and suddenly the whole community bends to his will and hangs on his every word.

I don't let myself fall into that, especially since it makes predicting characters less interesting.

This is why I hated the Gematsu/Sal Romano leak, real or not. Smash 4 was the most boring speculation period for Smash because of it, and even when it got things wrong, everyone still wanted to treat it like gospel. You couldn't talk about any other characters without people brushing you off.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Are you playing on an emulator? Come to think of it, I should probably have done that and played Fire Red instead(the Kanto games are the onlh ones I haven't played before)
But then again, I failed in my first Platinum run so I gotta redeem myself
And also, I have three chances to get Trapdevoir
And dkn't worry, I'll read all of your updates!
I know how it feels otherwise... :drsad:
i love you zoro senpai marry me ill read your updates too

Nah, I'm not playing on an emulator. I just took 45 minutes making the first picture and found a generator for the one with Starly. I haven't played any Johto ones, though, so after this Nuzlocke (my first one aaay) I might nuzlocke HG or SS, maybe on an emulator.
Trapdevoir is a male Gardevoir, right? I want one too :'c

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
So guys.
just a question here.
Who's Hyped for the new potential Amiibo candidates for Smash :p
And the release of Lucas in Japan.

:4lucas::4feroy::4ryu::4cloud:
Honestly, the only amiibos that I want are basically all the DLC ones, as pretty much all of the other ones I want are basically M.I.A or K.I.A in terms of stocks *cough cough* :4falcon::4littlemac: *cough cough*

D

Deleted member

i love you zoro senpai marry me ill read your updates too

Nah, I'm not playing on an emulator. I just took 45 minutes making the first picture and found a generator for the one with Starly. I haven't played any Johto ones, though, so after this Nuzlocke (my first one aaay) I might nuzlocke HG or SS, maybe on an emulator.
Trapdevoir is a male Gardevoir, right? I want one too :'c
Don't worry, senpai has noticed you. And I'll marry you if you're willing to wear a dress or a skirt

Generator? Could you link it to me? It could help me to do battles and stuff

Also, you gonna die on the HGSS one lol :p
HGSS has the worst level curve and you have the most notorious Pokemon killers of all the franchise(Bugsy's Scyther, Morty's Gengar, Clair's Kingdra, Lance's ENTIRE TEAM and God may have mercy on your soul if you don't have a Female Rock Pokemon for Whitney's Miltank)

And enjoy your first Nuzlocke, they will always hold the most emotional moments and regrets

You can get Ralts after the second gym after you cross Mt. Coronet to the east side for the first time
If you don't get it before Fantina, two other routes after her have Ralts too :p

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Didn't the guy only hint at Cloud minutes before the Direct? That's hardly evidence of him having any sort of long-term knowledge.

Like others have stated, just because someone had a piece of information doesn't mean everything they say from then on out is gonna be "legit". They can still make stuff up or speculate, either just to get people talking or to boost their reputation, since if it's wrong they can just backpedal and still retain some supporters who only focus on the stuff they got right.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Strangely enough, people argued over whether Gone Home was a game or not strictly because of the gameplay.
It was a much bigger issue. The problem was Gone home was getting all this praise and awards as like the best game ever. And of course the problem is the lack of real gameplay type stuff or innovation. It was getting rewards because it was apparently progressive, (I actually have no idea what it was about aside from it apparently having lesbians in it or something), and not for the gameplay. That eventually morphed into whether it was a game or not because if you could prove it wasn't a game, you prove all that praise was underserved.

Now looking up the plot, even that is nothing special. Typical forbidden love story. Unless I'm missing like this super special scene that changes gaming.

My opinion on it? I don't have one. Never played it. I find it irrelevant, but I'm not going to put down people talking about. Whether something is a game or not is also an interesting discussion. What is considered "gaming" has only been a long running debate.

I will say, it certainly is tiring seeing things get rewards because they are "artsy" and not because they are innovative and fun.

Going back to the RPG discussion. Kingdom hearts is not a strategic series. I played most of them with the exceptions being remakes, remasters, Final mixes, and Birth by sleep. I can tell you you can beat most of them by mashing the attack button and dodge rolling. Sure, in certain situations things like magic can be useful. But other than cure, you really don't need to use magic at all.

I mean, you can certainly do all sorts of crazy things and they can help but the point I'm trying to make is that you don't need it.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
"Upgradeable console"

Give me a ****ing break.
Not the idea, the idea's really cool.
I'm talking about patents.
If they get this patent, they'll ensure that nobody can follow in their footsteps and provide competition or improvements because of that extremely vague and general patent wording.
Intellectual Property is such bunk.

If one read patent law, one'd find a lot of inconsistency (source, my local govt. teacher who's a lawyer and knows patent lawyers :D ). That's part of the reason why there's so much litigation, but that's mostly irrelevant to my point.
Patents cause people to spend a ton of money on lawsuits etc. instead of innovating, and the stop upstarts from making derivative works which are the basis of innovation and competition.
You.
You're a cool dude. It isn't common to see another friend of liberty and competition around here.

D

Deleted member

Nuzlocke, the test of patience, planning, and RNG tolerance.
If you mean "patience" as "grinding your starter like crazy at the early game so it won't die" then yeah
I like to do less planning, like, I don't look up movesets and stuff and go from what I remenver
Or do it completely blind and WHY DOES THAT ELECTRIC POKEMON HAVE A FIRE MOVE?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Despite Super Princess Peach not being that great I hope Peach gets her own game again some day. With a mechanic that's just as tumblr-infuriating as SPP's weaponised mood swings for extra giggles.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Honestly, the only amiibos that I want are basically all the DLC ones, as pretty much all of the other ones I want are basically M.I.A or K.I.A in terms of stocks *cough cough* :4falcon::4littlemac: *cough cough*
Dude, the two has been on Gametop's website for days now. :p

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Only amiibo I want that's missing is Fox. I'm sure they'll do a reprint in time for Zero. I hope.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Yeah, believe it or not that was my first crank a kai

Frostail.

He's the most powerful member of my team - damage-wise

He's also fragile as all hell.

He's even MORE powerful than Kyubi and honestly more useful as I found more enemies weak to ice than fire.

He's got a spirit of 306 without items (Mine does) at level 99
I'm still halfway through the game so I dont want to use it right now.

I'm trying to evolve all of my old Yokai's.

Just evolved Dimmy and it looks awesome.

I have 2 A Yokai's maybe 3 or 4 B's and plenty of C's, but I like using weaker ones for now.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
When @Burb says people think Minecraft U is good for Banjo because it comes with some kind of Banjo deal, he is fighting a strawman.
No one is saying that, because that'd be stupid. What Minecraft U does for Banjo is establish a precedent of 2 direct competitors working together, and of Microsoft putting its IP on a nintendo console. It shows that the only obstacle in Banjo's way(Being owned by a direct competitor), isn't really an obstacle after all.
It makes Banjo dramatically more plausible. He wouldn't be a lot more difficult to do than Cloud, Ryu or any other third party. And unlike Cloud or Ryu, he was very widely demanded.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
You.
You're a cool dude. It isn't common to see another friend of liberty and competition around here.
<3
To rant more on the IP thing:
Intellectual Property doesn't make any sense.
How is it possible to own an idea? Rhetorical question, it's not.
Next, it's at odds with nearly all of human history.
Edit 2: whoops lel still sorry like zero effort put into this post
If you mean "patience" as "grinding your starter like crazy at the early game so it won't die" then yeah
I like to do less planning, like, I don't look up movesets and stuff and go from what I remenver
Or do it completely blind and WHY DOES THAT ELECTRIC POKEMON HAVE A FIRE MOVE?
Yes to all the things you said.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I think it is suicide to not release it next year. It needs to come out while the PS4 and Xbox one are still young. Otherwise, when the PS4 and Xbox One finally get their next gen console replacement, the NX would have had too short of a lifespan to consider getting another next gen after it. So it would be behind in power from the PS5 and Xbox two which is dangerous to be in.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I'm still halfway through the game so I dont want to use it right now.

I'm trying to evolve all of my old Yokai's.

Just evolved Dimmy and it looks awesome.

I have 2 A Yokai's maybe 3 or 4 B's and plenty of C's, but I like using weaker ones for now.
Glad you're enjoying the game! ^_^
Who's your favorite Yo-kai in the game thus far?

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
<3
To rant more on the IP thing:
Intellectual Property doesn't make any sense.
How is it possible to own an idea? Rhetorical question, it's not.
Next, it's at odds with nearly all of human history.
Edit 2: whoops lel still sorry like zero effort put into this post
Exactly!
It doesn't make sense to own an idea, because if I tell you my idea, it doesn't keep me from thinking about the idea. It isn't scarce, like food. If you eat my food, I can't any more.
IP isn't a reflection of property rights, it's a totally artificial government imposed monopoly.

D

Deleted member

>People thinking Pachter will ever be right
You guys are too funny

Also, to anyone who is a RWBY fan, who is this? Her clothes are way too cute and is that a ****ing Scythe?
FB_IMG_14495315335858214.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
>People thinking Pachter will ever be right
You guys are too funny

Also, to anyone who is a RWBY fan, who is this? Her clothes are way too cute and is that a ****ing Scythe?
Ruby Rose. (Not an inspired name. . .)

Yes that is a scythe. It is also a gun. Also I believe Ruby classifies as an "cinnamon roll" apparently.

Weiss is better though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom