• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
>People thinking Pachter will ever be right
You guys are too funny

Also, to anyone who is a RWBY fan, who is this? Her clothes are way too cute and is that a ****ing Scythe?
I love her T^T help Ruby is beautiful and the best cinnamon roll <3
Ruby Rose. (Not an inspired name. . .)

Yes that is a scythe. It is also a gun. Also I believe Ruby classifies as an "cinnamon roll" apparently.

Weiss is better though.
THE BEST ONE

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I also forgot to add its more of a monetary problem as well.

Mostly the reason why I can't get a :4falcon: amiibo anyway.

The :4littlemac: amiibo has disappeared off the face off the planet at this point.
You can get both of them if you look in the right places. Importing is something you would have to do though, probably.

Shroob

Sup?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Don't worry, senpai has noticed you. And I'll marry you if you're willing to wear a dress or a skirt

Generator? Could you link it to me? It could help me to do battles and stuff

Also, you gonna die on the HGSS one lol :p
HGSS has the worst level curve and you have the most notorious Pokemon killers of all the franchise(Bugsy's Scyther, Morty's Gengar, Clair's Kingdra, Lance's ENTIRE TEAM and God may have mercy on your soul if you don't have a Female Rock Pokemon for Whitney's Miltank)

And enjoy your first Nuzlocke, they will always hold the most emotional moments and regrets

You can get Ralts after the second gym after you cross Mt. Coronet to the east side for the first time
If you don't get it before Fantina, two other routes after her have Ralts too :p
The Generator sadly doesn't have the bar that has the HP, Gender, Level, etc. but you can find those stuff on Spriter's Resource at http://www.spriters-resource.com/ds/pkmnplatinum/sheet/20099/. tbh not gonna lie I found the white numbers by just googling random stuff

The generator itself is http://www.pokemonbattlecreator.com/ but if you're not knowledgeable on graphics then I could always make it for you. I could probably throw something together in Flash MX to make a generator if I tried hard enough.

HGSS Nuzlocke is hard? o wow. shouldn't had expected it to be easy, but I'm gonna try it anyways. Let's both pray to RNGesus that we get a Ralts. with my luck ill find it but kill it with a crit

ty senpai chan for noticing me marry me you get to choose what i wear <3 will gladly wear dress

D

Deleted member

Ruby Rose. (Not an inspired name. . .)

Yes that is a scythe. It is also a gun. Also I believe Ruby classifies as an "cinnamon roll" apparently.

Weiss is better though.
I can't believe Ruby ditched Sapphire for Rose
A Gunscythe! Hey, we have Gunblades, don't judge me!
Ruby is a cinnamon roll, uh? Interesting

And what exactly is RWBY? I hear it's an anime but ig looks more like a game's pre-rendered cutscenes?
And in a scale from 1 to 10, how much should I watch it?

Shroob

Sup?

And what exactly is RWBY? I hear it's an anime but ig looks more like a game's pre-rendered cutscenes?
Looks like Miku Miku Dance to me. :S

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Hope for this Thursday but suspect 14th.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
The same Industry friend that said he gave up trying to predict Sakurai?
Yeah... that pretty much sums it up. Even though he's done with predicting Sakurai though, the Smash Broadcast is a business decision more than anything else. So he's effectively predicting Nintendo more than Sakurai.

Last edited:

I have yet to see someone explain this in a way that doesn't make it sound terrible. hi is no exception even if I think it is very good

Fantasy world where everything is a gun. That sword? it's a gun. that spear? yup. That hammer? Actually that is a grenade launcher. That handbag/purse? of course it is.

Also everyone has their own fancy little ability they are born with.

Ruby and 3 other girls (RWBY) are attending a school where they learn to be badasses and save the world. Then of course being the protagonists immediately have to save the world. yadda yadda yadda comedy, lots of fighting and cool characters.

also shipping. lots and lots of shipping. Like "dear god how can there be this much shipping?" levels.

8.5/10. Too much shipping

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I keep watching my 3D World speedrun videos lately. I guess I find them therapeutic or something.

I don't know why. Maybe I should record one again sometime soon.

D

Deleted member

The Generator sadly doesn't have the bar that has the HP, Gender, Level, etc. but you can find those stuff on Spriter's Resource at http://www.spriters-resource.com/ds/pkmnplatinum/sheet/20099/. tbh not gonna lie I found the white numbers by just googling random stuff

The generator itself is http://www.pokemonbattlecreator.com/ but if you're not knowledgeable on graphics then I could always make it for you.
Too hard for me to do all of that on mobile
I could probably throw something together in Flash MX to make a generator if I tried hard enough.
I'll probably do for the Giratina fight, the Cyrus battle and Cynthia's battle since those are the most important fights of the game
Let's both pray to RNGesus that we get a Ralts. with my luck ill find it but kill it with a crit
>Finds Ralts
>Female
>Finds Ralts
>Crits it to death
>Finds Male Ralts
>Ralts used teleport
ty senpai chan for noticing me marry me you get to choose what i wear <3 will gladly wear dress
Geez, it's so easy to get guys nowadays :p
You don't even act difficult like girls do :p
I have yet to see someone explain this in a way that doesn't ake it sound terrible.

Fantasy world where everything is a gun. That sword? it's a gun. that spear? yup. That hammer? Actually that is a grenade launcher. That handbag/purse? of course it is.

Also everyone has their own fancy little ability they are born with.

Ruby and 3 other girls (RWBY) are attending a school where they learn to be badasses and save the world. Then of course being the protagonists immediately have to save the world. yadda yadda yadda comedy fighting and cool characters.

also shipping. lots and lots of shipping. Like "dear god how can there be this much shipping?" levels.

7.8/10. Too much shipping
That dog? That's also a bomb

MAGICAL GIRLS

Shipping? Les yay? Ho yay? None?

Also, fixed

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So guys.
just a question here.
Who's Hyped for the new potential Amiibo candidates for Smash :p
And the release of Lucas in Japan.

:4lucas::4feroy::4ryu::4cloud:
The only amibo i will ever hype on is Paper Mario.

And actually, from browsing some sites and other paper mario fans, I realised I am not alone lol, there's quite a lto like me that would only buy Paper Mario and don;t feel buying any others.

idk it's just physical DLC that i don;t really need......

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

And actually, from browsing some sites and other paper mario fans, I realised I am not alone lol, there's quite a lto like me that would only buy Paper Mario and don;t feel buying any others.

There are custom Paper Mario Amiibos out there.

It may be possible to commission people or you could even attempt to make one yourself if you're feeling artsy.

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
There are tons of rollers at high ranks.
Shows what I know about Splatoon (basically nothing). I think I'll defer to the pros on it from now on rather than make more of a fool of myself, haha.

I sort of know the feeling, the Olimar/Pikmin amiibo is the only one that I've really wanted. Having some other ones might be nice, I guess, but I'm not big on collecting stuff, so seeking out a rare amiibo or paying more than the MSRP for one isn't really worth it to me.

I do think it's pretty cool that the Smash amiibo line means people can now get merchandise of characters like Ness, Lucas, Mr. Game & Watch, the Duck Hunt Duo, etc. though.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think it is suicide to not release it next year. It needs to come out while the PS4 and Xbox one are still young. Otherwise, when the PS4 and Xbox One finally get their next gen console replacement, the NX would have had too short of a lifespan to consider getting another next gen after it. So it would be behind in power from the PS5 and Xbox two which is dangerous to be in.
I agree with this

If they don't release it next year, they are doomed

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
By the way, a new Madoka Magica movie just got announced! I'm so hyped for that! Madoka seems to be wearing a ballerina suit this time. Not too sure why exactly.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don't see the NX till 2017, especially if some of those patents get involved.

And can I just say Super Mystery Dungeon has hilarious dialogue:

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Or they could just wait and release the NX around the time of the other two, ensuring it has similar power.
Microsoft and Sony have said they want their new consoles to last 10 years

They aren't going to, but the companies sure want them to

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>tfw your most viewed/liked YouTube video isn't even your work and is just a song from an upcoming game nobody else bothered to get a clean version of and upload

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Xbox 360 and PS3 lasted quite a while. I don't think this gen is gonna be the traditional 5 year cycle like the ones before last gen.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
>tfw your most viewed/liked YouTube video isn't even your work and is just a song from an upcoming game nobody else bothered to get a clean version of and upload

My most liked work on deviantart was really crappy fan art

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My most liked work on deviantart was really crappy fan art
As far as deviantART goes, I think it's a fanfic that I made ages ago that's most popular.

On the odd time I actually check my inbox on dA, it always has new people favouriting it or whatever.

I'm so ashamed of it but everyone loves it.

D

Deleted member

Ho yay
Homoeroticism yay
Mostly in reference to male on male because Les yay exists for lesbian ones
I can't believe you didn't see the usage of tropes coming from me :p

Link?
Oh definitely lots of it.

The amount of lesbian shipping is astonomical. I guess that is what happens when you have 4 female leads >_>
and yes they're is "Ho Yay" as well.

In fact of two characters exist the fanbase probably ships them. . . thankfully you can completely ignore the fanbase if you so desire.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Exactly!
It doesn't make sense to own an idea, because if I tell you my idea, it doesn't keep me from thinking about the idea. It isn't scarce, like food. If you eat my food, I can't any more.
IP isn't a reflection of property rights, it's a totally artificial government imposed monopoly.
That's not exactly how IP works though. It's more so claiming the right to make money off of idea, but it involves claiming an idea you have proof of working on (first come first serve). Claiming an IP requires you to actually make something. Additionally, IP isn't so strict that it prevents people from making similar things; it just has to be different enough. And some things simply can't be claimed as IP and can only sometimes be trademarked. Also, you have to consider fair use and the fact that an IP will eventually expire and be free for everyone in future generations to use.....except for Mickey Mouse; Disney legit got laws changed so they could keep Mickey.

Thinking that IP laws are unfair or too broad is one thing, but I wouldn't call it a monopoly.

Personally I think IP laws are a bit too strict, but they solve more (and bigger) problems than they cause.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Reaction posts or "my face when" posts break the following rules. Refrain from posting them.

. Images, videos, etc must be relevant to the topic at hand, or be a new topic that the user wants to introduce. Posts that are for "like-farming" are not permitted.
6. Your post must be substantial. "Happy birthday" posts must have something related to the topic on hand. You may always post a 'happy birthday' message on the user's page, or PM without reservation

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Glad you're enjoying the game! ^_^
Who's your favorite Yo-kai in the game thus far?
I'm actually loving the two BFFs in your profile picture to be honest! I also like Undy, Chummer and Walkappa at the moment.

And more but I can't remember right now without checking.

Cant wait for my Walkappa to evolve!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom