• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm actually loving the two BFFs in your profile picture to be honest! I also like Undy, Chummer and Walkappa at the moment.

And more but I can't remember right now without checking.

Cant wait for my Walkappa to evolve!
Wow, Chummer just ...outright kills people

That's...dark. No Yokai on my team actually goes around killing people

I didn't know what it was. I had to look it up

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I wish I had money for videogames.

I'm saving so I can buy Christmas presents and food.

D

Deleted member

Finished reading Bokura no Hentai(note: not an actual hentai)... well, at least the latest translated chapter
But I can at least remove something from my backlog
And yaay, my shipping(may or may not) be canon now
Now to finish either Rebels or OPM and add RWBY to it
These Pokemon spin offs keep getting weirder...
Wow, Chummer just ...outright kills people

That's...dark. No Yokai on my team actually goes around killing people

I didn't know what it was. I had to look it up
You never played Pokemon, did you?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Finished reading Bokura no Hentai(note: not an actual hentai)... well, at least the latest translated chapter
But I can at least remove something from my backlog
And yaay, my shipping(may or may not) be canon now
Now to finish either Rebels or OPM and add RWBY to it
These Pokemon spin offs keep getting weirder...

You never played Pokemon, did you?
I just mean

Other yokai do things like: Make someone hungry, or have to go to the bathroom

The most dangerous yokai on my team gives people dreams that are so wonderful they never want to wake up from them

It's just kind of weird seeing one that just eats people

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Reaction posts or "my face when" posts break the following rules. Refrain from posting them.
But I did want to generate some kind of discussion from the post and...well, I did (talking about disappointing reception in ones works). See the posts following it.

Not a long one at all but that's not common in a social thread where there's like a bunch of different discussions going on at once.

I'd understand if it was like "tfw no gf" but I had an actual full sentence with a topic.

The image is just a relevant reference joke (the character is an artist). Because you know...I have a personality and try to avoid coming off as a robot, and coming off as robotic tends to do more harm than good.

I don't see why I can't introduce a discussion topic and also try to be humorous about. I'm not like farming by doing that. Likes mean nothing more than "this person agrees with me or enjoys the contents of my post" or something like that to me so I don't fish for them, it doesn't make a difference ultimately.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So I just noticed something funny. Nintendo has two announcements this week( pokken and minecraft) and both were leaked beforehand. It's bad, but kind of funny to.

Now they just need to confirm that the direct's either the 10th or 16th and it can be 3 strikes and they're out!
:laugh:

D

Deleted member

Yo-kai are normally not dark creatures, they mostly just do annoyances.

The fact that Chummer is one of those Yo-kai that eats kids is pretty dark of itself.
I mean, so is Pokemon
It's meant to be for kids
But you have sad stuff like Yamask
Then creepy stuff with Banette and Cacturne
A Pokemon that can create a ****ing blackhole with Gardevoir
And downright dark with DARKRAI LITERALLY KILLING A GIRL AND TRAPPING HER IN AN ENDLESS NIGHTMARE
So I just noticed something funny. Nintendo has two announcements this week( pokken and minecraft) and both were leaked beforehand. It's bad, but kind of funny to.

Now they just need to confirm that the direct's either the 10th or 16th and it can be 3 strikes and they're out!
:laugh:
It's gonna happen

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Finished Chapter 5 of XCX

Suddenly things got bleaker
Oh small world, I also just beat Chapter 5 of XCX. And here are my thoughts.
Ahem...
HOLY ****. Everything changes

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
But I did want to generate some kind of discussion from the post and...well, I did (talking about disappointing reception in ones works). See the posts following it.

Not a long one at all but that's not common in a social thread where there's like a bunch of different discussions going on at once.

I'd understand if it was like "tfw no gf" but I had an actual full sentence with a topic.

The image is just a relevant reference joke (the character is an artist). Because you know...I have a personality and try to avoid coming off as a robot, and coming off as robotic tends to do more harm than good.

I don't see why I can't introduce a discussion topic and also try to be humorous about. I'm not like farming by doing that. Likes mean nothing more than "this person agrees with me or enjoys the contents of my post" or something like that to me so I don't fish for them, it doesn't make a difference ultimately.
IMHO: A better way would be to introduce the actual topic:
"Does anyone else have the problem that their 'worst' art, video, etc is the most popular one?" Having a question that people can answer encourages responses to the question a lot better than just introducing tfw memes.

The way you introduced it was very one sided. "This is my reaction when it happens to me." which just encourages everyone else to go ME, ME, instead of encouraging actual discussion on the issue.

As for the topic, I completely get it as a content creator. The audience likes opinion pieces more than 80% of the translation/ research pieces and the average time spent on Source Gaming is 2 minutes.

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
I found out what actually happened to Swampnote!
Fixed.
Eh.
The broadcast will probably be the 16th.
That guy from NeoGAF will probably hint at a character again.
"To celebrate the 60th anniversary of the London Airport Terminal opening, we're getting a big wingspan of news. Or something along those lines. :)"

You know how I always say i'm a giant idiot? I love to prove myself right.

I was playing the wrong version of guacamelee. AKA the worse one. So either
A. i restart the 6 hours and lose all my progress (and some of he challenges suck)
or
B. Finish an inferior game

**** it i'll play Valkyria Chronicles

D

Deleted member

A. i restart the 6 hours and lose all my progress (and some of he challenges suck)
or

HOW. DOES. SOMEONE. EVEN. PLAY. THE. WRONG. GAME!?
What are you? A parent that buys a Polystation when their kids ask for a Playstation?

Chrono.

or

What are even the differences?

HOW. DOES. SOMEONE. EVEN. PLAY. THE. WRONG. GAME!?
What are you? A parent that buys a Polystation when their kids ask for a Playstation?
One is called super turbo edition

the other is called gold edition

Gold sounded like the later one. The trailer was more in depth. I assumed wrong.

What are even the differences?
Extra story extra area extra enemies extra boss etc.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
You know? I'm sometimes glad Sakurai wasn't like this...

#T'wasaJoke

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I understand why you're so bitter, this is an argument on the internet after all. It's for all the marbles. xD

Btw I do have an actual reply but I wouldn't want to appear disingenuous, would I? So I guess all I have left is being snide. I'm good at it though so I'll survive.
I chuckled a bit at you talking about how meaningless internet arguments are in a post you made because you absolutely had to get the last word in during an internet argument.

It's like you have no self-awareness whatsoever.

Dunno where you're getting that I'm "bitter", by the way; I just thought it was kinda silly to say "I'M DONE!", only to post again. Twice, in fact. It sounds more like you were trying to close the door for counter-arguments.

When Burb Burb says people think Minecraft U is good for Banjo because it comes with some kind of Banjo deal, he is fighting a strawman.
Actually, that wasn't something I just pulled out of nowhere and crammed in your mouths.

It's literally what N3ON said:

Look, I don't really have anything more to say. I'm hardly saying Banjo's shot has markedly improved, I just find it incomprehensible to think having a precedent doesn't change things from when it was purely wishful thinking, especially considering there has already been an expressed interest in more collaboration from at least one of the parties..
That post can be summarized as "Minecraft opened up the door for a Nintendo/Microsoft collaboration. Microsoft is interested in putting Banjo in Smash".

No one is saying that, because that'd be stupid. What Minecraft U does for Banjo is establish a precedent of 2 direct competitors working together, and of Microsoft putting its IP on a nintendo console. It shows that the only obstacle in Banjo's way(Being owned by a direct competitor), isn't really an obstacle after all.

It makes Banjo dramatically more plausible. He wouldn't be a lot more difficult to do than Cloud, Ryu or any other third party. And unlike Cloud or Ryu, he was very widely demanded.
.....In other words, you're saying Banjo's chances are better because of Minecraft on Wii U.

What exactly am I getting wrong here? That's the point I'm arguing against. There's no Strawman, and there's no misunderstanding.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
So... I got a little strawpoll for you guys, which is about the upcoming Smash Broadcast. This time it's Con0rrrr Con0rrrr 's industry friend who predicted this Thursday vs. the NeoGaf user who is saying December 16th.

Which date do you think is the most likely to happen?

EDIT: I misspelled "to" as "do" in the strawpoll. My bad lol.
When my friend who's just an industry analysis has the same amount of votes as the man who predicted Cloud god damn Strife in Smash

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
When my friend who's just an industry analysis has the same amount of votes as the man who predicted Cloud god damn Strife in Smash

Didn't he say he was never going to predict anything after Cloud?

Anyways, this Christmas I'm looking to get Little Mac, Mewtwo, and Ness Amiibos, but thats kind of it. I'm not huge into the whole amiibo collection thing. I have 7 right now, and cutting myself off at 15 max.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

People would rather have it sooner than later, can't blame 'em.... but We only have 8-ish days to go now.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/12/0...action-midgar-exploration-and-cross-dressing/

Dunno if this was posted already but here are a bunch of details on the FFVII Remake from Nomura-san.

The big takeaway for me is that the battle system is directly described as being similar to Kingdom Hearts and Dissidia Arcade. He said it won't be AS action focused as those games, but it will "lean towards them". He also says it's nothing like Crisis Core.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I chuckled a bit at you talking about how meaningless internet arguments are in a post you made because you absolutely had to get the last word in during an internet argument.

It's like you have no self-awareness whatsoever.

Actually, that wasn't something I just pulled out of nowhere and crammed in your mouths.

It's literally what N3ON said:

That post can be summarized as "Minecraft opened up the door for a Nintendo/Microsoft collaboration. Microsoft is interested in putting Banjo in Smash".

.....In other words, you're saying Banjo's chances are better because of Minecraft on Wii U.

What exactly am I getting wrong here? That's the point I'm arguing against. There's no Strawman, and there's no misunderstanding.
To be fair man, N3ON only responded to defend the attack on his attitude. He didn't respond to the original argument. I don't think it's fair to attack the guy for wanting to end on equal footing when trying to distance himself from a personal attack.

But hey. You do you man.

Last edited:
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/12/0...action-midgar-exploration-and-cross-dressing/

Dunno if this was posted already but here are a bunch of details on the FFVII Remake from Nomura-san.

The big takeaway for me is that the battle system is directly described as being similar to Kingdom Hearts and Dissidia Arcade. He said it won't be AS action focused as those games, but it will "lean towards them". He also says it's nothing like Crisis Core.
This is all that matters
Next, they ask if that means we’ll get to see Cloud in his cross-dressing appearance. Nomura responds with a laugh saying yes, the cross-dressing scene is in the game, but they haven’t done the design for it yet.
I am pleased

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
To be fair man, N3ON only responded to defend the attack on his attitude. He didn't respond to the original argument. I don't think it's fair to attack the guy for wanting to end on equal footing when trying to distance himself from a personal attack.

But hey. You do you man.
It was an attempt to get the last word in, just like the "I'm done!" parts of the posts were an attempt to do in the first place.

Pointing that out isn't a "personal attack". :facepalm:

This is all that matters

I am pleased
Why wouldn't it be?

If they could get away with doing it in the 90's, there's no doubt they'd be able to do it at a time where stuff like that is becoming more and more socially acceptable.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Good.

I like Crisis Core but the battle system was easily the worst thing about it, right up there with Genesis.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
It was an attempt to get the last word in, just like the "I'm done!" parts of the posts were an attempt to do in the first place.

Pointing that out isn't a "personal attack". :facepalm:
Couldn't your posts then be considered a "Last Word" as well then? You're not really doing anything different is all I'm saying.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Couldn't your posts then be considered a "Last Word" as well then? You're not really doing anything different is all I'm saying.
Yeah, but I'm not the one talking about how petty internet arguments are.

My point isn't that getting the last word in is bad; it's that it's ridiculous to say that while simultaneously trying desperately to get the last word in on an internet argument.

Chrono.

Oh boy...
It's about the NX.

I'm like 80% sure anyway.

Unless there's a big Smash rumor we don't know about, Tamaki already said he was "done" with Smash rumors and that the fandom was too stressful to deal with. On top of that, there's a presentation later this month, makes no sense to report a rumor about Smash this late.

Plus NX patents have been popping up again.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Oh boy...
"Believe it or not, Green Shovel Knight will be in Smash"
Smash community can totally see this happening, Tama knows this because he's got some friends in the business, and he comes here to interview us, ending with 2 users saying he could be wrong and Tama deciding Nintenzone sucks again

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Yeah, but I'm not the one talking about how petty internet arguments are.

My point isn't that getting the last word in is bad; it's that it's ridiculous to say that while simultaneously trying desperately to get the last word in on an internet argument.
Ahh I see what you're saying. You could always try to be the better man and stop responding first though as well! But trust me, I know better than anyone how annoying that can be ;)

D

Deleted member

>Crossdressing
*opens lin--*
This is all that matters

I am pleased
Thank you for saving me the trouble of opening it
BUT HOW COME THEY HAVEN'T EVEN DESIGNED THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THE GAME????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom