• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
The only thing Aerith is worth pairing to is her abdomen with a sword.
WOAH.
SPOILERS.
Spoilers for a game that's been out since '97 and literally everyone knows about.
KappaClaus

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
WOAH.
SPOILERS.
Spoilers for a game that's been out since '97 and literally everyone knows about.
KappaClaus
It wasn't spoilers until you said it was spoilers

For all someone who hasn't played the game knows he just really hates aerith

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Tifa. The character you are looking for is Tifa.

The only thing Aerith is worth pairing to is her abdomen with a sword.
I could go on this for hours.

Funny story. We had a neighborhood pool. Since FF7 was a little before my time, only 3 of us in the neighborhood had the game and we had to let the other kids watch the story. This is around 2002-2003.

We all planned on meeting at the pool on one day in June to debate who's Cloud true love interest was. This annoying kid Andrew was repping Tifa, I was rapping Aerith, and this weird kid was advocating for Yuffie for whatever reason. That kid was off.

I won the debate according to our "jury".

Nah I just love Cloud and Aerith together. She's the only person Cloud really shows emotion for. And I think that means something, especially as someone who can struggle with expressing my own emotions sometimes :) But I understand that the common opinion is Tifa.

my otp is golden x conorrrr
I believe you've mistaken my Husband for Golden.

The correct answer would be @Burb .

Last edited:
Was Aerith's death (or aeris or whatever the **** her name is) a big deal way back when? I know very little about RPG history but with how big I would assume that losing a party member you had from so early and interact with quite a bit must have been a pretty big deal back then when such a big game did it.

Even if now it's considered a joke :p
I could go on this for hours.

Funny story. We had a neighborhood pool. Since FF7 was a little before my time, only 3 of us in the neighborhood had the game and we had to let the other kids watch the story. This is around 2002-2003.

We all planned on meeting at the pool on one day in June to debate who's Cloud true love interest was. This annoying kid Andrew was repping Tifa, I was rapping Aerith, and this weird kid was advocating for Yuffie for whatever reason. That kid was off.

I won the debate according to our "jury".

Nah I just love Cloud and Aerith together. She's the only person Cloud really shows emotion for. And I think that means something, especially as someone who can struggle with expressing my own emotions sometimes :)

I believe you've mistaken my Husband for Golden.

The correct answer would be @Burb .
Yuffie is the only one to woman up and do something during the Gold Saucer so that counts for something.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm calling it now.

None of the forthcoming DLC will be shoo-in style characters and their will be salt, name calling, and questioning Sakurai's thoughts followed by sudden love for all of his choices soon there after.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm calling it now.

None of the forthcoming DLC will be shoo-in style characters and their will be salt, name calling, and questioning Sakurai's thoughts followed by sudden love for all of his choices soon there after.
I think that's a pretty solid prediction.
I wager we might see a true blue warrior added to the game as well.

Khoru

Smash Champion
Was Aerith's death (or aeris or whatever the **** her name is)
it's supposed to be aerith
like earth
it was mistranslated in the original because of a japanese phoneme thing
they don't have a "th" in the same way they don't have an "l"

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
cloud is skinny because we we experimented on he can weild the buster sword despite being so non muscular because he was experimented on

hell the reason people remember him having a personality was because he was experimented on....but i wont delv into that because spilers for a really oldgame

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
We do now.

I ship Sora X Kairi because **** you, I'm tired of Yaoi and they deserve it

Best ship of all of media
Namine X Kairi

It'd sort of be like shipping with herself

But hotter

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I ship Olaf x Carpet x Pascal x Maximus x Abu.

Hot hot hot hot hot hot. Nothing hotter or closer to a nice steaming cup of Folgers than Snowman on Carpet on Lizard on Horse on Monkey orgy fantasticness.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
GASTON IS THE GREATEST EVER.

BELLE WAS JUST JEALOUS OF THE POWER THAT IS THE MANLIEST DISNEY CHARACTER EVER

Tell me you wouldn't let this man ravage you

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Even before his personality? Gaston is the epitome of the douche at the bar who thinks he's cute, but really you need at least 3 shots of tequila to even stomach looking at him. So no Champ Gold Champ Gold . No.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I'm not. I'm laughing really hard right now.
This hard, actually.
Poor Tidus. Always remembered for the laugh and being "whiny." Ah, don't worry Tidus. *pats back* The past 9 protagonists could never compare to you and what you had the balls to do for some nation you knew little about.

Oh, have we reached that moment of nightmares and weirdness for the topic again? For those being scarred by such talk, just keep looking at the kitten with the Santa hat in my Avatar.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Even before his personality? Gaston is the epitome of the douche at the bar who thinks he's cute, but really you need at least 3 shots of tequila to even stomach looking at him. So no Champ Gold Champ Gold . No.

Looks like someone can't handle the little adventure in their life.

The only reason I like Gaston is because we share the same name. We'll sort of.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Shipping?

Check out the group in my sig if you Smash shipping ye

headcanon
Smash personnel aren't any specific instance, but rather incarnations, copies. Travel in the multiverse for the fighters is restricted by Hands Limited, the group which controls the rules and matches for the viewing pleasure of multiversal entities known as "Miis."
None of the fighters have made the logical leap: "if the Hands have so much power, why do they bother with this real estate to keep us and feed us? Why not just skip straight to the battles?"
It's because they also offer other entertainment, mostly lighthearted stuff since that's the sort of thing Miis are in to.
Now you may ask if the Miis are so powerful that they're multiversal why do they have any interest? Nah, they're just like any other physical sentient being: limited and finite.
In their high advancement they've developed a love of 'novelty' and 'realness' as opposed to their great arsenal of technology. The Hands, also a multiversal group, are capitalizing on this, so of course they don't tell the Smashers anything.
They get paid in gold-pressed latinum

Romance does come up, so does drama. One of the romances that I can see happening naturally due to the character of the characters is Marth x Zelda. EZ. They have a ton in common it's like come on.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Shipping ruins things for me

Especially when the fan ships become canon or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom