• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
To be fair to me.

I was much worse and tried to sexualize a magical flying carpet into a furry.

So I was original!

Good day sirs.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I kind of prefer no relationships in stories

It also reflects my own person experiences more closely that way

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
People were saying Patcher kept yelling 'NINTENDO IS DOOMED!'
Is it as bad as Polygon constantly yelling 'MARIO KART 8 WILL FAIL' even after it's release?

Aerith is one of the few video game characters who's height I know: 6 feet under
Yeah, and you know where Commander Shepard is?

Six feet all over the place :troll:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Is youtube down for anyone else? Because youtube and youtube only is down for me. Right when I'm trying to upload a video so I can go to bed already.... Of course....

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well, if a certain person is to be believed, we have eight days until Cloud comes out.
And, seeing as it would be odd if they announced his release date so close TO his release, it is probably the day of the broadcast as well.

I'm so excited!! I don't care what we get, I'm happy.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Shipping?

Check out the group in my sig if you Smash shipping ye

headcanon
Smash personnel aren't any specific instance, but rather incarnations, copies. Travel in the multiverse for the fighters is restricted by Hands Limited, the group which controls the rules and matches for the viewing pleasure of multiversal entities known as "Miis."
None of the fighters have made the logical leap: "if the Hands have so much power, why do they bother with this real estate to keep us and feed us? Why not just skip straight to the battles?"
It's because they also offer other entertainment, mostly lighthearted stuff since that's the sort of thing Miis are in to.
Now you may ask if the Miis are so powerful that they're multiversal why do they have any interest? Nah, they're just like any other physical sentient being: limited and finite.
In their high advancement they've developed a love of 'novelty' and 'realness' as opposed to their great arsenal of technology. The Hands, also a multiversal group, are capitalizing on this, so of course they don't tell the Smashers anything.
They get paid in gold-pressed latinum

Romance does come up, so does drama. One of the romances that I can see happening naturally due to the character of the characters is Marth x Zelda. EZ. They have a ton in common it's like come on.
Interesting headcanon you've got there!
Mine's a bit different, basically The hands recruit many millions of fighters(including the ones you play as in the games) from many realms to protect the very powerful aspect of truth, which is a sort of multi-universal lynch-pin, keeping all the universes connected to each other.
I'm thinking of writing a fanfic. The main characters would be Bowser, Toad, Pac-Man, Olimar, Duck Hunt, Banjo and Kazooie, and a few others.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Imagine for a second with me..

Next year Disney announces it will be enterting the console making business.

Suddenly there's a new big giant in the game.

One that has exclusive rights to Kingdom Hearts, Star Wars, Disney franchises, and Marvel franchises.

Thoughts?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I made a 6-armed elephant in Spore and it was the hardest creature I've ever made

For some reason, It was too complicated, even though it didn't use very many parts

Other than 6 arms

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

One that has exclusive rights to Kingdom Hearts, Star Wars, Disney franchises, and Marvel franchises.

Thoughts?
Firstly, center your signature amigo.

Secondly, that would be interesting. But what would happen with games they're currently supporting on other platforms? Would they cancel non-Disney console support for Disney Infinity and Star Wars?

That being said, I can't see the console being a failure unless it's either really underpowered, or just released at the worst possible time.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Infinity would be Disney-Console Exclusive as well.

This would be a huge thing. They have the power to be one of the biggest gaming giants if they really wanted to be in the market.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Thoughts?
We might finally get a Vs. series style fighting game with more room for Marvel characters so sign me up :p

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Thoughts?
They should get Capcom to develop some more disney games for it

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Actually, they might straight up cancel Disney Infinity and make a sequel or something that can register the same figures. On one hand, yeah, it would probably be a very successful console, but at the same time...dammit Disney, stop trying to consume everything under your umbrella.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
How would Nintendo NX fair vs Disney Console?

As both would likely be seen as the friendly "family" alternatives to Sony and Microsoft?

Could they co-exist? What would their relationship be to one another?

Also on another note? What or how would the multi-platform game series react to a Disney console?

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Thoughts?
This would be interesting and with their money they could succeed very easily. It could be a good move, but disney doesn't need any more ways to massively make money imo. But that wouldn't stop them. The only game that would truly interest me would be KH. But with Star Wars and Marvel they would really sell well in catering to those fanbases.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Thoughts?
They do have a number of good games under their belt, so they can definitely be successful. Ducktales launch title?

As others have said, I'm not how I'd feel about Disney trying to become the next Google though.

:231:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hypothetical Disney console? I know it's a hypothetical, but theoretically it wouldn't work IMO, since Disney's own in-house game developers, Disney Interactive, were basically about to go under before Infinity happened. With that kind of almost-slip up I can't see a Disney console working, especially since a lot of Disney Infinity's success can be attributed to being multiplat, and canceling the series outright would be financial suicide for their gaming department.

And I'd be upset because I'd have to buy a whole other console. :p

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just learned that at EVERY angle, Mickey Mouse has to have the Disney Logo Silhouette

Damn, it's true. And it's friggin' creepy

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
So. Not a day goes by that I do not miss Metroid. I am looking forward to Federation Force (yes, I really am. Blaming the game for not being something it was never intended to be is illogical, and I feel bad for NLG), but I really do want a true Metroid title soon. Be that a sidescrolling one or a FPA one.

So, just out of curiosity, what is you guyses favorite Metroid game? What do you wanna see in the next 'true' Metroid? Cuz' I am conflicted between a new 'Super' and a new 'Prime' right now. -w-

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
GASTON IS THE GREATEST EVER.

BELLE WAS JUST JEALOUS OF THE POWER THAT IS THE MANLIEST DISNEY CHARACTER EVER

Tell me you wouldn't let this man ravage you
He can also do one arm push ups, and isn't he brothers with Frollo? Lets put this guy in smash, he can use his lawl moveset.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I just learned that at EVERY angle, Mickey Mouse has to have the Disney Logo Silhouette

Damn, it's true. And it's friggin' creepy
That reminds me.
I played the remake of Mickey's Castle of Illusion a while back.

Pretty standard game but one thing that stood out to me was the fact Mickey's ears were always properly animated no matter the angle he was facing.
If he was moving from left to right, they looked like that picture. If he was facing away from the camera they were both on top of his head.

A great attention to detail. SEGA can still do good work.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It's the same way for Minnie Mouse too.

Just googled her.

What a weird weird rule.

Ears should not work that way.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That reminds me.
I played the remake of Mickey's Castle of Illusion a while back.

Pretty standard game but one thing that stood out to me was the fact Mickey's ears were always properly animated no matter the angle he was facing.
If he was moving from left to right, they looked like that picture. If he was facing away from the camera they were both on top of his head.

A great attention to detail. SEGA can still do good work.
Epic Mickey also had an engine to do that

Kingdom Hearts didn't bother though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom