• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Badge Arcade added Punch-Out!! badges with the NES Remix set.

If I don't get Mac tomorrow, I may have to actually pay for a badge for the first time. :laugh: I got Doc today though. :p

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Also, this might sound cliche, but Chief has no ties to Nintendo aside from being a rival, at least Cloud has been in spinoffs and if people thought Snake didn't fit, Chief is even more out there, his games are ated M with little to no comedy or light-heartedness and he probably couldn't have his guns taken away.
I'm gonna ask you this simple question. Have you even played a Halo game for a substantial amount of time?

Chief fits more so than Snake. Human in power armour. Sounds familiar...:4samus:

Halo 5 was rated T. Even then Halo is an extremely light M rating. The thing that pushes it up more often than not is the Flood.

No comedy or light heartedness? Because Grunts flying through the air when their methane packs are broken is so dark and edgy. Because Chief saying "Boo!" to a Grunt is really dark. DJ Brutes. Random dialogue. There are loads of examples of light heartedness and comedy in the Halo games.

We've discussed how guns are not a problem for the Chief. Power weapons (Rocket Launcher) + AR with Kinetic Bolts add-on.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Why must it be so difficult to find decent Christmas fanart of characters I like? Sheesh. :glare:

:094:
Just take a character fan art and add a Christmas hat to it.

There, a festive art that you can use

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Just take a character fan art and add a Christmas hat to it.

There, a festive art that you can use
See, I would do that, but when you lack access to Photoshop, GIMP, etc, that's difficult to do without it looking like s***. I could do some spriting instead, but that probably wouldn't look much better, really.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I've only played Super Metroid, but I consider one of the very best games I've ever played.
I have Fusion, which I'll play after dragging myself to the end of Tales of Symponia, and maybe Okami.
Happy to hear that the one game you have played is the best in the franchise. XD I am sure you'll enjoy Fusion as well, though I believe you won't see it as being on par with Super. However, that is almost impossible anyways, haha.

I really recommend the Prime Trilogy as well. Amazing games. ^^

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Badge Arcade added Punch-Out!! badges with the NES Remix set.

If I don't get Mac tomorrow, I may have to actually pay for a badge for the first time. :laugh: I got Doc today though. :p
Who else is there?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Who else is there?
From just Punch-Out!! or NES Remix in general? The Remix badges are from Metroid, Punch-Out!!, Super Mario Bros. 2/USA, Doctor Mario, and Donkey Kong.

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238
If we don't get an announcement of the smash direct today, does that mean it won't be this week? I know in the past they generally announced it on Monday or Tuesday, I think...

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Anyone think they took advantage of Sceptile's high request for Smash to put him in Pokken?
I don't think the demand for him in Smash was significant enough to make that happen.

He wasn't a popular Smash pick for very long. It only lasted for a couple months after the Smash Direct where Charizard and Greninja were revealed. He fell off the radar relatively quickly, just like Captain Toad.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I made a post a few days ago here where I pulled out several events dealing with Smash content and their weekdates. 4 of them landed on Tuesday and Thursday, and there were two outliers, on a Monday and Wednesday. So regardless of the event being this week or the next, any of those two days is a safe bet.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I think we're better off just waiting instead of clinging onto these rumors.

The last time we were told of a Nintendo Direct's date by an outside source, we ended up giving several weeks worth of undeserved attention to a group of idiots on Twitter.

Waiting sucks, as does being in the dark, but this is supposed to be the final broadcast. We're at the end of the road; let's just try and be patient for once. :upsidedown:

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238
I remember LIQUID12A having a chart of when each character was revealed, and I thing Tuesdays and Thursdays were the most frequent.
Oh, I see what you mean. I was talking about Monday or Tuesday being the day where Nintendo tweets out when their direct/presentation will be for that week.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
The real world pokemon geography got less interesting when I realized I was either from Lacunosa Town or Undella Town.

Despite this: Unova Represent!
Huh, didn't ever think about where I live technically having a Unova equivalent. I guess I'm closest to Opelucid.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
All we know for certain is it'll be some time in the next 23 days and logically before the 25th (Japan may not make as big a deal about Christmas but they are aware of it, they just released Christmas badges on the EU version.) So use your advent calendars to count down to the hypothetical direct date.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
See, I would do that, but when you lack access to Photoshop, GIMP, etc, that's difficult to do without it looking like s***. I could do some spriting instead, but that probably wouldn't look much better, really.

I can do it for you if you want. Just give me the image you need done.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Still think were getting it sometime next week a week before Christmas
It makes the most sense. After all, these little kids who don't have big boy money to buy their own eshop card need to ask for one before Christmas so they can get the dlc.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Shovel Knight Amiibo delayed in Europe yet again to the 18th of December.

We were literally just told 11th of December and they already delayed it again.

Get it together Yacht Club.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Man. I need my Protoman with a Santa Hat.

Im on a Mac. No good software readily available.
Oh yeah I forgot to ask you. Do you have a better image of it?

I tried saving your avatar and Photoshop didn't want to open it. "Invalid JPEG marker" or something.

If you can upload as a PNG or something and just link it here it should be fine and I can do it.

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I hate to come back with a rant but
I don't want Steve from minecraft in smash for me it will be the worst thing to ever happen in smash. I hate hearing about this ****ty game everywhere I go. I do people think he have a better chance to get into smash anyway, So what that minecraft is popular and is get a port on the Wii U that doesn't mean that Steve will get into smash. No one talk about a Legos or sims franchise characters having a chance of getting into smash. They are popular they have ports of games on Nintendo consoles too . If he some how make it into smash that will be for the first time ever I will not buy a character.

Speaking of Legos that is what I see Minecraft is. ****ing Legos bro ****ing Legos.
Sorry I just got to get that off my chest.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I hate to come back with a rant but
I don't want Steve from minecraft in smash for me it will be the worst thing to ever happen in smash. I hate hearing about this ****ty game everywhere I go. I do people think he have a better chance to get into smash anyway, So what that minecraft is popular and is get a port on the Wii U that doesn't mean that Steve will get into smash. No one talk about a Legos or sims franchise characters getting into smash. They are popular they have ports of games on Nintendo consoles too . If he some how make it into smash that will be for the first time ever I will not buy a character.

Speaking of Legos that is what I see Minecraft is. ****ing Legos bro ****ing Legos.
Sorry I just got to get that off my chest.
You reminded me that I actually genuinely wouldn't mind seeing Chase McCain in Smash.

Yeah he's only had one game practically but that's why he's one of my "pipe dreams".

He'd be so god damn fun to have though.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I'm gonna ask you this simple question. Have you even played a Halo game for a substantial amount of time?

Chief fits more so than Snake. Human in power armour. Sounds familiar...:4samus:

Halo 5 was rated T. Even then Halo is an extremely light M rating. The thing that pushes it up more often than not is the Flood.

No comedy or light heartedness? Because Grunts flying through the air when their methane packs are broken is so dark and edgy. Because Chief saying "Boo!" to a Grunt is really dark. DJ Brutes. Random dialogue. There are loads of examples of light heartedness and comedy in the Halo games.

We've discussed how guns are not a problem for the Chief. Power weapons (Rocket Launcher) + AR with Kinetic Bolts add-on.
I've played through Halo 1 and Reach, and played portions of 2, 3, 4, and Wars.

Even if there are humourous parts in the games, they're optional, usually enabled by skulls, the games are still darker than most franchises in Smash. My main point is that Chief has literally never been on a Nintendo system, it just wouldn't be right, while Banjo has significant history with Nintendo and is highly requested, plus Phil Spencer has said he's on board.

Edit: Also, using Samus as a reason for Master Chief bothers me. Metroid might be the darkest Nintendo series, but it's still about a girl who can curl up into a perfect tiny ball and was raised by a race of bird people, it's far more wacky even on a surface level than anything canon to the Halo franchise.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom