• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I actually kinda like Naruto's adult design because of how "normal" he looks, which is rare in shonen anime.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Naruto really hooked up with Hinata?
They did. They have 2 kids. An actual Naruto clone that isn't a major idiot and miracle of the universe.

It's the perfect family and book end to the series despite being mediocre. The guy deserves it if you look through his ****ed up backstory.

It's the best way to handle Shonen romance. Just time skip it and have the best family

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You say that as if he doesn't look like one usually.

God damn, I hate everything about that character and anime/manga.
I liked the manga at the beginning

When the only games for it were imported Japanese, same with the anime.

I looked forward to the anime coming back then

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Anyone that has Xenoblade X
I heard about a Fashion option or something
So that the armor you wear doesn't matter visually
And I need to know
Are the clothing gender-based?
This is a question of life or death!
Like in Xenoblade, any clothing or armor has a male or female look and magically changes appropriately (or, sometimes, inappropriately).

Strofirko

Smash Master
I hate to come back with a rant but
I don't want Steve from minecraft in smash for me it will be the worst thing to ever happen in smash. I hate hearing about this ****ty game everywhere I go. I do people think he have a better chance to get into smash anyway, So what that minecraft is popular and is get a port on the Wii U that doesn't mean that Steve will get into smash. No one talk about a Legos or sims franchise characters getting into smash. They are popular they have ports of games on Nintendo consoles too . If he some how make it into smash that will be for the first time ever I will not buy a character.

Speaking of Legos that is what I see Minecraft is. ****ing Legos bro ****ing Legos.
Sorry I just got to get that off my chest.
So lego characters in smash okay then?:troll:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They should have FNAF and Minecraft in Smash

It'd be just like Youtube...a couple months ago

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
I liked the manga at the beginning

When the only games for it were imported Japanese, same with the anime.

I looked forward to the anime coming back then
I liked it at the beginning as well. Then they did the whole "destined child" thing and almost literally took a dump on all the hard work and struggling Naruto did. Then they somehow made Sasuke even more douchy. Adult Sasuke was decentish though.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I liked it at the beginning as well. Then they did the whole "destined child" thing and almost literally took a dump on all the hard work and struggling Naruto did. Then they somehow made Sasuke even more douchy. Adult Sasuke was decentish though.
He still kinda worked hard it's just they went with the asspull due to that dangerous power creep every villain (and Sasuke) had.

Let's be honest, guy was nerfed throughout most of Part 2 until the second half after the Kage Summit Arc because Sasuke passed him due to Uchiha bullcrap.

The BS only started when Kurama decided to drop his ego. Plus the messiah act with Naruto was awful until one chapter, (I think it was 635 or 645) where his whole shtick got crapped on.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
FF6 Steam trailer

It's a port of the mobile version... again
I'd like a remake of FF6

Add things to it like the remakes of FF3 and 4

They had A LOT of customization in those remakes

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I've played through Halo 1 and Reach, and played portions of 2, 3, 4, and Wars.

Even if there are humourous parts in the games, they're optional, usually enabled by skulls, the games are still darker than most franchises in Smash. My main point is that Chief has literally never been on a Nintendo system, it just wouldn't be right, while Banjo has significant history with Nintendo and is highly requested, plus Phil Spencer has said he's on board.
The only thing skulls do in terms of humour is the Grunt Birthday Party, greatly exaggerated explosion physics and make the rarer (and often funnier) dialogue more common. There's a lot more such as the Easter Eggs involving talking grunts, Password Marine, Conan O'Brien, Tea-bagging Holograms, Monkey Men, "Hold Me" and so on. Yes they're optional but to say that Halo is lacking in light-hearted moments is ridiculous. The darkness of a franchise isn't going to keep a character out. Especially when it's no darker than Metroid or Mother.

Sakurai hasn't said much about appearing on a Nintendo system other than it being a courtesy.
History with Gaming is also stressed. Not Nintendo but Gaming as a whole.

Banjo is highly requested by hardcore fans. Now look at the casual audience. Would he be highly requested there?
If (and that's a pretty big one) Cloud is indeed a ballot character then it shows what we should already know. That the hardcore audience are a minority.

I'm sure almost every developer would love to see their characters in Smash.

In the end they're both highly unlikely because they're owned by Microsoft.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've only played Halo 1,2 and 3

and Reach (and ODST, but I never beat it. I got bored)

But in those games, at least...Reach is the darkest of those.

Halo is honestly one of the more cartoon of modern shooters. Which is why I enjoy it (That and TF2 which is full on cartoon)

Halo isn't really that dark

Ivander

Smash Legend
Why must it be so difficult to find decent Christmas fanart of characters I like? Sheesh. :glare:

:094:
Indeed. And also for series I like. Monster Hunter does not have much Christmas fanart.

That being said, anybody else wondering what they are going to do with this batch's Mii costumes? Considering Final Fantasy alone has a whole ton of characters and inspirations to use as Mii costumes for all 3 Mii Fighters, especially in terms of Swordfighters, it makes you wonder what they will use for Mii Costumes. I mean, not only do they have tons of characters with swords, staffs, fists and guns, they also have the Job System to take notes from as well. You could easily have more than 100 costumes with Final Fantasy alone. Than there's also the possibility of other SE series like Dragon Quest or Mana/Seiken Densetsu.
I'm not intentionally trying to bring up expectations, but after the last couple batches that had some interesting surprises like the Black Knight, Viridi, the Monster Hunters, Lloyd, etc and with Square coming into the mix, it does makes me wonder what they are going to choose this time.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Personally I only go for impossible ships as there's no disappointment where the shows creators go out of their way to torpedo it.

That said it does irk me when the main romance has no chemistry.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I've only played Halo 1,2 and 3

and Reach (and ODST, but I never beat it. I got bored)

But in those games, at least...Reach is the darkest of those.

Halo is honestly one of the more cartoon of modern shooters. Which is why I enjoy it (That and TF2 which is full on cartoon)

Halo isn't really that dark
ODST was pretty much Firefly in Halo and had several comedic moments.
The only dark thing in the games aside from Reach (which was always going to be dark, it's the Fall of Reach) is the Gravemind mind****ing Cortana.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think Reach was my favorite

Although I never got to play it with anyone. I didn't know anyone that had Reach...

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I just realised that what gets me hyped might be disappointing for others...

The Minecraft Wii U announcement WAS "big news" for me, and it did live up to my expectations. It's my number one favourite game next to Mario Kart, and Wii U is my main console (used mostly for off-TV play, with siblings comes problems). So having both a full-fat version of Minecraft and Mario Kart on the same console is a dream come true for me. Plus I can prepare worlds off-TV for split-screen play too! PLUS MANUAL SAVING AND DAY NIGHT CONTROL/ADVANCED WORLD SETTINGS! So hyped! Imma going to host me some servers thanks to Miiverse!

The only thing I would want from the Wii U now is a Daisy Mario Maker costume, plus a Daisy amiibo. Maybe throw in a Minecraft skin for her? Or make her a Smash fighter. But I'm just obsessed with Daisy, so nothing to see here!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Like in Xenoblade, any clothing or armor has a male or female look and magically changes appropriately (or, sometimes, inappropriately).
[Input "Monolith is incentivating gender-roles" rant from Tumblr here]
Honestly, I liked Naruto until the Pain arc
First part is great troughout all of it, and had some great characters that could have gotten more screentime(*cough*Kimimaro*cough*)
First arc on the second part is good and all but it starts the whole idea of "let's revive everyone" the Great War arc has
After that it keeps strong with all the Akatsuki stuff and has the strongest point being the Pain arc(but again, STOP REVIVING EVERYONE)
And from here it's just a wreck
****ing Sasuke being an emo ***** that's doing the exact opposute Itachi wanted
Tobi "I'm totally not Obito, I'm Madara, really, trust me on that one" Uchiha
WHAT DO YOU MEAN SAMURAIS SUDDENLY EXIST?
I can't believe Kyuubi is becoming Naruto's *****
Kabuto "NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOU JUST DIE" something
Great War arc AKA Plothole and making all deaths meaningless arc
And then Madara was revived and after that I stopped caring and FINALLY, I ****ING CALLED IT, I KNEW IT WAS OBITO
After that I think they fought the two for about 100 chapters or something and all I know is that Neji and Guy died
Oh yeah, and both Sakura and Naruto gave the best possible names for their children
Salada and Boruto, respectively
****ing incredible
And Sasuke's still an emo *****

Chrono.

First part is great troughout all of it, and had some great characters that could have gotten more screentime(*cough*Kimimaro*cough*)
First arc on the second part is good and all but it starts the whole idea of "let's revive everyone" the Great War arc has
After that it keeps strong with all the Akatsuki stuff and has the strongest point being the Pain arc(but again, STOP REVIVING EVERYONE)
And then Madara was revived and after that I stopped caring and FINALLY, I ****ING CALLED IT, I KNEW IT WAS OBITO
After that I think they fought the two for about 100 chapters or something and all I know is that Neji and Guy died
Oh yeah, and both Sakura and Naruto gave the best possible names for their children
****ing incredible
Guy lived, actually.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Does anyone cross numbers

I put a slash through 0, A cross through 7, and sometimes I try and add a line under 1 to distinguish it from l and I

However, my 5's look EXACTLY like my S's

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Does anyone cross numbers

I put a slash through 0, A cross through 7, and sometimes I try and add a line under 1 to distinguish it from l and I

However, my 5's look EXACTLY like my S's
Only in my Algebra Homework.

D

Deleted member

Guy lived, actually.
This is just more proof you have to die twice in Naruto to actually count as a death
Except if tou're Orochimaru
It always felt like Kishimoto wanted the guy to stay alive but neither me or one of my friends ever liked him anf just wanted him to stay dead for good
And as you can probably see, that didn't happen for quite some time
Also, I just remembered those guys that were with Sasuke or something
Just goes to show how forgettable they are
Well who doesn't like boar with some salad? It's basically a classic.
Boruto is supposed to mean Bolt actually
Doesn't help much tho...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if down the line there'll be some kind of Naruto GT that is declared non-canon but characters and forms from it keep showing up in all the games.

Make up your mind Dragon Ball.

D

Deleted member

I'm gonna be honest though
The Naruto Storm games can't disappoint me
I mean, there is a freaking Mecha Naruto in the latest one
A Mecha Naruto
Mecha Naruto
MECHA
E
C
H
A
I'd correct you, but I can't think of anything... But I'm almost positive that it's happened before. :ohwell:
Isn't HW the first spin off that isn't Link's Crossbow Training in quite some time?
There are the BSX games but that's all I can think of

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN

****ing incredible
I mostly agree aside from 2.5 things: Guy is alive (Naruto's healing touch lol), Boruto makes lot of sense (It's a one character change from NAruto but makes sense: Boruto=Bolt=nod to minato the yellow flash), and Sarada (my 0.5) isnt that bad of a name.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mostly agree aside from 2.5 things: Guy is alive (Naruto's healing touch lol), Boruto makes lot of sense (It's a one character change from NAruto but makes sense: Boruto=Bolt=nod to minato the yellow flash), and Sarada (my 0.5) isnt that bad of a name.

EDIT: Ninja'd
Sarada or Salada just sounds funny
Salada is literally salad in portuguese
And sarada can either mean "healed" or someone tabby
And I wanna make a joke about you being ninja'd but that's too easy

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Well to find out if non-canon content has gotten put into canon Zelda games before, let's look at the list of spin-offs:

Non-Canon

• The Legend of Zelda Game Watch (note the lack of "&")
  • Link: The Face of Evil
  • Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon
  • Zelda's Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda: Battle Quest (Nintendo Land)
  • Hyrule Warriors & HW Legends
  • Most manga & comics
  • TV series
  • Crossovers like Super Smash Bros. & SoulCalibur II
Canon Status Unclear
  • Zelda (Game & Watch)
  • BS The Legend of Zelda
  • BS The Legend of Zelda: Ancient Stone Tablets
  • Navi Trackers
  • Link's Crossbow Training
  • Freshly Picked: Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland
  • Tingle's Balloon Fight DS
  • Ripened Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love
But I can't think of anything major from these that appeared in a main title.

D

Deleted member

I don't know what is going to happen in the December Smash Broadcast, but all i know is that the community is gonna crash harder than Windows Vista (that and i will be gone once the stream finishes).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom