• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Saying his, almost over a hundred games need remakes to them.

FF6, Sonic Adventure, Metroid 2, a lot of Castlevania games, a handful of FE games, some Dragon Quest games and probably a few Megaman titles (especially Legends, no matter what fanboys say)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So Aonuma has said he'll keep Linkle in mind in future The Legend of Zelda titles.

Correct me if I'm wrong but if he does I think this would be the first time an asset originating from a non-canon title to grace its way to a main title. :surprised:
Probably going to serve as a gender option as Linkle is pretty much a female version of Link. Players can choose their gender but the game and story remain the same, I'd guess.

And yeah, it would be the first non-canon element to make its way into a main game. That said, however, Hyrule Warriors did have Aonuma's involvement, so he gave the approval for the new things introduced in that game.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Probably going to serve as a gender option as Linkle is pretty much a female version of Link. Players can choose their gender but the game and story remain the same, I'd guess.
That'd be an interesting thing to see.

But he looks more and more feminine at each game, so you'd end up picking a girl no matter which gender you choose :troll:

D

Deleted member

FF6, Sonic Adventure, Metroid 2, a lot of Castlevania games, a handful of FE games, some Dragon Quest games and probably a few Megaman titles (especially Legends, no matter what fanboys say)
What about Castlevani-OH yeah, i forgot, it's owned by the Evil Pachinko empire now.

Speaking of Sonic Adventure, i want to take the opportunity to show a link to this video. I feel The Geek Critique deserves more recognotition. Out of all the Sonic Adventure videos i have seen, this is by far my favorite one.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, FFVI doesn't NEED a remake
The SNES version is perfectly playable unlike another FF game...
Though, I would love to see a remake of it
But yeah, Metroid 2 has aged like milk
No map means you're completely lost on rooms that look almost identical and the game could use some bosses that aren't just "throw missile until it dies"
And the SNES FEs really need remakes
That'd be an interesting thing to see.

But he looks more and more feminine at each game, so you'd end up picking a girl no matter which gender you choose :troll:
Or just a really effeminate boy
And I'm down for that :p

D

Deleted member

Mystery of the Emblem was already remade, though it was unfortunately only released in Japan.

Still no remakes for Genealogy of the Holy War or Thracia 776, though.

D

Deleted member

Mystery of the Emblem was already remade, though it was unfortunately only released in Japan.

Still no remakes for Genealogy of the Holy War or Thracia 776, though.
Uh, yeah, but I was talking more about the other two
No one cares about Marth lol
I'm pretty sure that remake got a fan translation, if I recall correctly.
That doesn't mean anything though

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Honestly, FFVI doesn't NEED a remake
The SNES version is perfectly playable unlike another FF game...
Though, I would love to see a remake of it
But yeah, Metroid 2 has aged like milk
No map means you're completely lost on rooms that look almost identical and the game could use some bosses that aren't just "throw missile until it dies"
The SNES games needs them because of how little recognition it got in other regions. But I still believe 6&7 need remakes due to a few reasons.

• You can make Mark an MU but make him super irrelevant to the plot aside from what happens in 6
  • Redo supports, maps and add in all the advanced mechanics of the Tellius and 3DS games.
  • Give fans the ability to play 6 for the first time without emulation
  • The ability to fix up stats in 6 so Roy won't be so awful and as well as other units so it won't be a babysitting fest

Plus for fan service reasons, you can give fanboys the option to have Mark romance any of the units in 7 especially Lyn or the opposite like romancing Hector and Eliwood for the FeMU.

I just want a revised FE6 so units won't be so awful in that game so you won't feel weak against other units in the game.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
So I had an actual discussion with someone at school on what characters could appear in Smash 4 as DLC. Rarely do I ever do this, but here were some of the key highlights for me.

• When I mentioned him, the guy had no idea as to who King K. Rool was. That was funny to me.
  • When I mentioned Crash, he thought that was a great idea and said it would be cool to see him in the game (I was surprised he remembered him). That made me happy for obvious reasons.
  • Inkling was one we both agreed that had a good chance of happening.
  • One of his pipe dreams was to actually see Goku in Smash, even if he knew it was a stupid idea.
  • We both agreed that Snake would be awesome to see return
It was nice to kick back and do general guesses. Speculation here and then with casual players is so different. With other people, it's as simple as "That would be cool!" or "Probably wouldn't care for them". Here, you have to go in depth on characters, think into Sakurai's processes, and also debate your reasons for characters. Considering all my time seeing the character speculation for this game here, it's so jarring just casually talking about it.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'm pretty hesitant about another SNES remake, mostly due to the avatar since I feel IS still hasn't gotten it right and it'll have a negative effect on those games as a result from both a balance and story perspective.

D

Deleted member

The SNES games needs them because of how little recognition it got in other regions. But I still believe 6&7 need remakes due to a few reasons.

• You can make Mark an MU but make him super irrelevant to the plot aside from what happens in 6
  • Redo supports, maps and add in all the advanced mechanics of the Tellius and 3DS games.
  • The ability to fix up stats in 6 so Roy won't be so awful and as well as other units so it won't be a babysitting fest

Plus for fan service reasons, you can give fanboys the option to have Mark romance any of the units in 7 especially Lyn or the opposite like romancing Hector and Eliwood for the FeMU.

I just want a revised FE6 so units won't be so awful in that game so you won't feel weak against other units in the game.
6 could get one because of being Japan-only
But I don't think 7 really needs it, nor does SS
They both are very polished and just as playable as newer games
The SNES games need more for the fact of how slow and number heavy they are
Even with a fan translation, the menus are just confusing in Thracia 776
And certain mechanics are very outdated

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I love how no one even mentions Gaiden. :laugh:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I've only played Halo 1,2 and 3

and Reach (and ODST, but I never beat it. I got bored)

But in those games, at least...Reach is the darkest of those.

Halo is honestly one of the more cartoon of modern shooters. Which is why I enjoy it (That and TF2 which is full on cartoon)

Halo isn't really that dark
I've played all the games mentioned above, only difference is that I've played Halo Wars.

Yeah there really isn't that much in the way of super dark themes in the Halo games, though Reach is something I can definitely agree with.

One the topic of Halo, I really need to get the anniversary edition again. Kinda annoyed I sold it to get Reach, while a good and really fun game itself, I could've easily purchased it without trading the former in >_>

My personal OTP is Robin X Robin
Try to stop me

Well, that ain't gonna last...

200% SALTY

Play Danganronpa 1
You probably already knows what happens in the second murder

Tbh, that map actually looks really fun
Towns scattered across the region with multiple ways to enter them and giant *** routes that make you feel on a road trip

And are there a bunch of Bug Pokemon in it? :p
Played the first, seen what happens :v

@Pokemon
Normal. bug, ground, rock, poison (for sure), fighting, water, grass, electric, very little ice, maybe a few fire and steel here and there...

No clue about psychic, dark, dragon or fairy though lol :p

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I had a dream early gameplay of Cloud leaked like with Ryu, Roy, and Lucas.

As was gameplay of Shovel Knight and Daisy.

There was butthurt everywhere.

But to me? All three looked awesome.

Shroob

Sup?
I think we're better off just waiting instead of clinging onto these rumors.

The last time we were told of a Nintendo Direct's date by an outside source, we ended up giving several weeks worth of undeserved attention to a group of idiots on Twitter.

Waiting sucks, as does being in the dark, but this is supposed to be the final broadcast. We're at the end of the road; let's just try and be patient for once. :upsidedown:
While I agree, sometimes it's just nice to have a date to hold onto, even if it doesn't happen. The only thing we can say for certain, is that it most likely is not coming this week.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'll be glad if this is really is the end of the road.

We can finally move on from all this endless speculation.

Shroob

Sup?
I'll be glad if this is really is the end of the road.

We can finally move on from all this endless speculation.
As much as I love Smash speculation, I'm about tapped out on it for this game. Mostly everyone who I want is already in the game, so anyone at this point is just icing on the cake to me.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I mostly agree aside from 2.5 things: Guy is alive (Naruto's healing touch lol), Boruto makes lot of sense (It's a one character change from NAruto but makes sense: Boruto=Bolt=nod to minato the yellow flash), and Sarada (my 0.5) isnt that bad of a name.

EDIT: Ninja'd
Actually, Bolt is a nod to Neji, not Minato. Neji means screw. And without Neji, Hinata would have died because she jumped in front of Naruto and he wouldn't have had any kids at all.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Does anyone know if Tingle's Balloon Fight has single-cart download play multiplayer or requires multiple cartridges?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Actually, Bolt is a nod to Neji, not Minato. Neji means screw. And without Neji, Hinata would have died because she jumped in front of Naruto and he wouldn't have had any kids at all.
Ironic, because Neji got screwed

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Does anyone cross numbers

I put a slash through 0, A cross through 7, and sometimes I try and add a line under 1 to distinguish it from l and I

However, my 5's look EXACTLY like my S's
No, but I do go to the trouble of adding the hat and the foot to a 1 (too many other things it could look like on a white board)

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOL, this person streaming a video game said he was going to make his character super short

...The character's height was taller than me

Edit: Streaming Hardtime, which is always funny to watch IMO

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
6 could get one because of being Japan-only
But I don't think 7 really needs it, nor does SS
They both are very polished and just as playable as newer games
The SNES games need more for the fact of how slow and number heavy they are
Even with a fan translation, the menus are just confusing in Thracia 776
And certain mechanics are very outdated
I think 7 can get one as a way to tie into 6. Remember 7 is a prequel of 6, a game we never got, by combining both games would make it a very seamless transition into each game and if you do the child units, then it'll make sense from the point of the characters being older in 15-17 years into the future so we don't have the time travel BS of what Awakening and somewhat Fates have. I'm just thinking of a 6 remake to where you can add in 7 to combine both games and 8 can't get a remake because there isn't as much as a demand for one like the SNES games or 6&7.

FE4 desperately needs a remake.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Does anyone cross numbers

I put a slash through 0, A cross through 7, and sometimes I try and add a line under 1 to distinguish it from l and I

However, my 5's look EXACTLY like my S's
I've crossed my z's and 7's for about a decade; I got in the habit of doing the former to differentiate from 2's in algebra, and the latter I started doing a bit later just because I thought it looked cool.

I always put a cursive tail on lowercase q's to make them stand out from 9's and g's (which look ridiculously ugly if I'm writing quickly). I also often loop lowercase L's and/or put the top (and occasionally bottom) bar on 1's if there's any chance of confusing them with each other or capital i's.

I never slash 0's though; if there's any possibility of ambiguity, I'm just more intentional about making the width of O's and height of o's more distinct from them.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Warning to people who want Xenoblade X. After the third chapter you get to dillydally everywhere and get sidequests. However, there's a certain sidequest called 'The Repair Job'
FOR THE LOVE OF BIONIS DO NOT GET THIS MISSION UNLESS YOU ARE PREPARED FOR WASTING HOURS! Affinity Missions won't let you go further in the story, and all items required in that sidequest are stupidly rare, I've already gotten more than 6 hours and I STILL haven't got all the items, only need 3 more

Ivander

Smash Legend

For that part about Mark,
I wouldn't exactly be surprised if Mark became a dragon much like Robin(technically) and Corrin/Kamui, especially if they want to keep the whole marrying children thing going. Heck, there's even a plausible way for him/her to be one in FE7 with the Dragon's Gate and dragons are rather important to both FE6 and 7.
Even if they don't make him/her too relevant(at the very least, Mark is the reason why Lyn got back to Caelin since she followed him), I wouldn't be surprised if they gave him/her some backstory. I mean, even Kris, despite having little relevance to the story, still had backstory. But with the way they've been going with the latest MUs, I wouldn't be surprised if they buffed Mark to have more importance to the story and some of the important elements.
That being said, I would like to see FE6 & FE7 get remade together. And while I know Fates gets a lot of flack for it's fanservice, it did actually add some cool things I'd like to see a FF6&7 remake get, like Hidden Weapons & new additions to the Weapon Triangle, the more balanced Pair-Up mechanic, the improved Avatar Logbook, and the new Marriage/Friendship Seals as well as the fact that using a non-Master Seal does not decrease your level. Oh, and Multiplayer and Online that Fates actually has.

Chrono.

Warning to people who want Xenoblade X. After the third chapter you get to dillydally everywhere and get sidequests. However, there's a certain sidequest called 'The Repair Job'
FOR THE LOVE OF BIONIS DO NOT GET THIS MISSION UNLESS YOU ARE PREPARED FOR WASTING HOURS! Affinity Missions won't let you go further in the story, and all items required in that sidequest are stupidly rare, I've already gotten more than 6 hours and I STILL haven't got all the items, only need 3 more
Use the Reward Tickets to get the items yo

D

Deleted member

Why do Affinity Missions block you from progressing until you complete them?
Like, that just sounds dumb

Last edited by a moderator:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Yeah, I'm kinda having the same complaint about the affinity missions. They keep leading me out through hordes of level 30+ monsters I have to sneak around so they don't kill me with a look, and I've been dragged onto both of the neighboring continents well before I feel like I'm supposed to be there.

Actually I just realized, I did that exact one last night... yeah, that was a pain.

... You're a genius. Thank you.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
22 reward tickets for 2 items needed each, not to mention I didn't know where to redeem them. The WORST part is those 5 mining items. On the plus side, moar grinding
I don't know, it IS dumb. Probably like some kind of filler episode. You can luckily still do regular sidequests

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Maybe it because Affinity Missions are like mini story missions and they don't want them to conflict with the story missions. That's what I think anyway.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Yeah, I'm kinda having the same complaint about the affinity missions. They keep leading me out through hordes of level 30+ monsters I have to sneak around so they don't kill me with a look, and I've been dragged onto both of the neighboring continents well before I feel like I'm supposed to be there.

Actually I just realized, I did that exact one last night... yeah, that was a pain.

... You're a genius. Thank you.
Pretty sure they don't help much. Here's why
Only the wires from the Puges can be bought iirc, the other items in Oblivia need to be obtained, which admittedly is the easiest part. However, NOTHING will help you from the White Cometites. They need to be mined with a specific probe at the north of Primordia. I spent SOOO many ****ing hours looking for data probes only to get nothing from mining! Not to mention the WMs are not only one of THREE mine-able items, but are crazy rare
All I wanted was the 15% requirement for the story...

I grew up with the PS1. The fact I never owned FF7 is starting to be more and more dissapointing

holy **** Cloud is a badass. He just got impaled by Sephiroth and used the sword STILL IN HIM to fling Sephiroth. Taking core strength to the next level.

Last edited:

Chrono.

22 reward tickets for 2 items needed each, not to mention I didn't know where to redeem them. The WORST part is those 5 mining items. On the plus side, moar grinding

I don't know, it IS dumb. Probably like some kind of filler episode. You can luckily still do regular sidequests
You redeem them in BLADE Barracks

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Here's something we can do. List 6 characters you either think will be in the direct or hope are in it. If you guess right you win... something!

Mine are in no particular order...

1. Shovel Knight
  2. Inkling
  3. King K. Rool
  4. Wolf
  5. Dixie Kong
  6. Shantae

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom