• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I never did get the hate lots of people have about awards shows, personally. Not even just here, but in general. They're always fun to watch, at least in my opinion.

Also, finally finished Super Mario Bros. 2/USA. It was pretty fun, but a lot harder than standard Mario fare, mainly due to the mechanic shift. Also why the hell can't I duck underneath Birdo's fire balls. That's a basic thing to do instinctively and it caused me too many deaths.

Also **** that one part at the end with the spark enemies. And Birdo and Phanto together on a conveyor belt. That was awful.

Strofirko

Smash Master

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I never did get the hate lots of people have about awards shows, personally. Not even just here, but in general. They're always fun to watch, at least in my opinion.

Also, finally finished Super Mario Bros. 2/USA. It was pretty fun, but a lot harder than standard Mario fare, mainly due to the mechanic shift. Also why the hell can't I duck underneath Birdo's fire balls. That's a basic thing to do instinctively and it caused me too many deaths.

Also **** that one part at the end with the spark enemies. And Birdo and Phanto together on a conveyor belt. That was awful.
I don't hate the awards. I'm more or less indifferent. They just kinda put me asleep.

2013 was just a bad time though, not even just for Cranky Kong.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Because we only like them when they adhere to my biases. When they don't then they're the devil.

Not that I care about them. I'll only blast them when my favorites don't win. But I still don't care about them.

D

Deleted member

Holy shoot, I'm hyped for indivisble now that I actually know what it is... Did I ever mention to you guys that I'm really slow to get on hype trains?....

I have found my true calling in life.

From this day forth, I shall no longer be a gamer. I shall be, a fridge fixer-er.
I am teh movies watcherer.

http://kotaku.com/the-smash-community-is-chaos-right-now-1746040568
>Smash community in chaos
>Chaos

Looks like we got our 2nd Sonic characters guys! ahaha...
Finally. I've completed my life achievment, to become one with Chaos. And since the Smash community IS chaos....

Last edited by a moderator:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Lol a good chunk of people are pissed about the new MKX characters.

Not too big on Leatherface but the other 3 are cool.

On the topic of the VGA's, I guess I'll watch, but after 2013 I'm a little nervous...

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Can we get a quick show of hands around here? Are there any Shin Megami Tensei (not Persona) and/or Fire Emblem fans who are actually happy with the direction that they went with #FE?

Because everyone I know who is hyped for this game doesn't actually give a damn about either series.
I am.its like one of few games I care about next year

Chrono.

They just released a P4 spin-off where everyone is an idol.

I loved the original P4, but I'm really just not into the direction they started taking it with some of the spin-offs.
Dancing All Night? That's a pretty harmless rhythm game from what I've seen. I know there's an idol group, but I really doubt it was the main influence for #FE. Japan's idol culture that's been "the "in" thing" right now is.

But eh, guess it doesn't matter. P4 spin offs are likely over anyhow, P5 looks promising and #FE will probably be a flop here.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I tried playing Europa Universalis 4.

I feel like it's the kinda game that would have come with a phonebook sized manual if print manuals were still a thing.

TimidKitsune129

Falling into Infinity
NNID
TimidKitsune129
Can we get a quick show of hands around here? Are there any Shin Megami Tensei (not Persona) and/or Fire Emblem fans who are actually happy with the direction that they went with #FE?

Because everyone I know who is hyped for this game doesn't actually give a damn about either series.
I'm a fan of both.

I wouldn't say I'm happy about the direction they went with #FE, more like indifferent.

It's probably just me, but I've never really cared if a game has too much fan-service or not. Nor have I ever cared if a game is too "weaboo" or "too japanese" either. They're pejorative terms that hold no real meaning, to me at least.

I honestly don't really care which direction the game took, it looks fun.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Still, I'm disappointed in the lack of Ash Williams. I mean, c'mon if you're going to put in freaking Leatherface at least bring in Ash.
Well to get Ash, they need the rights to his actors likeness as well as the rights to him, so it might not be worth the trouble with all negations that would be needed to get him.

I think its an interesting idea for the direction its going, and I highly enjoy Fire Emblem, and I've been an FE fan since befire Awakening. Also the game was designed to be a modern day FE, so this is pretty neat direction I think.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
My hype for FE Fates has also kinda died down due to the amount of fanservice it has.

It's kind of egregious, especially when FE never had that sort of stuff. Even Awakening was more tame about it.

Whenever I look at the older games, it simply hits me how unnecessary the fanservice is since I see a game that is all about the story, the characters and the strategic gameplay, all of which tying into the series' themes of warfare.

Well, I'm beating a dead horse here. I'd rather not discuss this again and it's late where I am, so I'll see myself out.

Holy shoot, I'm hyped for indivisble now that I actually know what it is... Did I ever mention to you guys that I'm really slow to get on hype trains?....
Well get off the train.

We have something better

A hype missle
also Music stretch goal funded. more voice acting and super dungeon added

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
People dislike the awards shows of today because they've been more about flair than substance, having things in it that have little to no relevance to the subject matter at hand (i.e. an out of place dance number in an awards show for video games).
Most of the people who run them want to achieve as many views and make as much cash as they can off of them. They are not afraid to underhand the audience these shows were intended for as long as they make a profit and gain more recognition for themselves. This year's CMT music awards are a prime example of this.

Last edited:

Soul.

So I guess the Tweet now means there will be Smash stuff when we really don't know if there will be anything lol.

inb4 CHARACTER ANNOUNCEMENT

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
and in mario and luigi news my friend teal (you know the guy who did that review?) is starting to upload his full lp of paperjam bros now (acording to his twitter at least) also he uploaded the final boss...the secret boss....every boss in a video....man its a real storm of videos

so ill now spoiler the bosses behind a spoiler
everyboss:
final boss:
Secret boss:

and heres the first episode of his lp incase you want to watch him go through

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I'm still upset at the lack of Fujin in MKX.

You have him show up and help Raiden in the beginning and then he's just nowhere to be found afterwards.

Chrono.

You have him show up and help Raiden in the beginning and then he's just nowhere to be found afterwards.
Same for Sareena, I wanted to see how they could spruce her up since her last appearance.
and in mario and luigi news my friend teal (you know the guy who did that review?) is starting to upload his full lp of paperjam bros now (acording to his twitter at least) also he uploaded the final boss...the secret boss....every boss in a video....man its a real storm of videos

everyboss:
final boss:
Secret boss: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1aWBGlYHjc

Dry Bowser as the Secret Boss is about as lazy as you can get.

BUT I like him too much to be mad at this lol

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

everyboss:
final boss:
Secret boss:

The fact that it took more than 1 day for someone to upload this past launch pleases me.
's a long game.

D

Deleted member

Pffft, I doubt there'll be a character announcement. Or even a smash announcement. And if there is, I'll wear an avatar of your guys' choice. :p

Well get off the train.

We have something better

A hype missle
Oh yeah, that's right. :p Trains get boring after awhile anyway. That rocket is absolutely fab.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

everyboss:
final boss:
Secret boss:

I knew about boss rush, a reviewer mentioned it.

now, i just looked at the thumbnail, sounds cool, but I won;t watch the videos for spoiling myself.

Tbh, I am not that surprised, but so was i with DT so.....it;s cool with me :)

Anyway, the thing I am more hyped is the writing and Paper Mario :)

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

If you look closely at Cassie's Milleianal Trash fatality (what generation invents a word like selfie?) you can see Boon tease "Has anyone unlocked Fujin yet?"

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Anyone get Rayman Adventures today? It's actually pretty fun, though I wish I was using a controller, rather than a touchscreen.
Well get off the train.

We have something better

A hype missle
I think Razmi is officially my favorite character, the fact that her pelt is holding the missile is so adorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom