• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
VGA's are tonight.

GET READY FOR THE SHOVEL KNIGHT REVEAL BOYS!!!!!! GET HYPED FOR THAT AMAZING K. ROOL REVEAL!!!! GET EXCITED FOR 50 MORE DLC CHARACTERS!!!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Do any of those 50 DLC characters include Goku???????
Yes, specifically, Goku, Goku Goku, Super Sayian Goku, Super Sayian 1 Goku, Super Sayian 2 Goku, Super Sayian infinity Goku, Fusion Goku, and Crankey Goku.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
You probably shouldn't post those conversations since you made it sound like you were only going to tell Pushdustin about his responses. I just wouldn't want him to think you're being dishonest (which I know you're not trying to do)

I also don't see how what you posted proves your point. He said Luke, and then (it seems like, from what you posted) you just jump to "You obviously leaked cloud". How do you know he wasn't joking, and is now just acting like he leaked Cloud?
I really don't know at this point. I did have the intention of showing you guys before hand, but I wanted to make sure he didn't feel I was untrustworthy when he responded. So I was essentially trying to be as polite as possible, but I accidentally over-exaggerated a little. Usually when I do that, I get annoyed trying to fix my mistake. So I just went along with it.

If I could have changed it, I would have. It's just the window of opportunity was officially closed at that point and I didn't want to seem shady at all.

If he does see this post at all and PM's me about it, I'll be sure to let him know it was a mistake and I didn't really mean to over-exaggerate, but I just don't really want to pursue it much longer.

That's my stance on this entire thing. Talking to people privately isn't really my thing. I guess the excitement just got to me lol.

#SociallyAwkward

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I still find it really hard to believe the NX is coming out next year. The rumors are staring in the face and I still can't buy it.

Yes, specifically, Goku, Goku Goku, Super Sayian Goku, Super Sayian 1 Goku, Super Sayian 2 Goku, Super Sayian infinity Goku, Fusion Goku, and Crankey Goku.
Oh gee wizz that's a lot!!!1!

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I expect nothing major Smash-related due to the existence of the Broadcast. At most, maybe a confirmation of the date it takes place.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Still can't believe the new Shaq-Fu game is getting air time on the VGA's.

I've played the original Shaq-Fu, and a couple minutes in I can see why it's considered one of the worst games as well as the existence of a website dedicated to destroying copies of that game (and funny enough, a different website dedicated to SAVING copies).

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
A customer said I say certain words with an accent, which is a surprise to me

The only explanation being i spent 4 years of my early childhood in New York.

I've been paying too much attention to the way I pronounce things since she said that and it's distracting me.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

I've been paying too much attention to the way I pronounce things since she said that and it's distracting me.
I have an American accent despite being born in Scotland with an all Scottish family. It got me a lot of grief in High School.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
  • So the only thing new here is the detachable processor to improve game performance (kind of sounds like the Wii Motion Plus)
  • This detachable processor (I'll call it DP for now on) can link two consoles wireless to improve game performance as well. It can also store game data
  • This DP doesn't have a screen or speaker of its own and has to be used with the console.
  • The DP can (somehow) share processing load between two consoles even if they are connected over the internet.
I don't think there's much to be hyped about yet, because besides being hard to understand, it doesn't seem hugely groundbreaking from a gameplay perspective.

:231:

D

Deleted member

I know that feel, sort of. By text, everyone thinks I'd talk really fast and have a higher voice.

So my voice always ends up surprising people whenever I talk to them vocally. Everyone says it's pretty deep, like I sound like I'm in my 20s.(Even though I just turned 16.)

Oh, and my boyftiend says my voice has a lypse. So after he said that I started paying attention to my voice more often so I can hear the lypse.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Still can't believe the new Shaq-Fu game is getting air time on the VGA's.

I've played the original Shaq-Fu, and a couple minutes in I can see why it's considered one of the worst games as well as the existence of a website dedicated to destroying copies of that game (and funny enough, a different website dedicated to SAVING copies).
You just can't comprehend the perfection that is Shaq-Fu. It deserves to be up there with Atari E.T and Cory in the House DS as best games of all time. It should win game of the year every year. It is just that good.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
So does anyone think we can expect RPG mii costumes for cloud like we got fighting game mii costumes for Ryu.Just saying isaac, crono, zael, Alis,Terra. would be day 1 purchase

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
  • So the only thing new here is the detachable processor to improve game performance (kind of sounds like the Wii Motion Plus)
  • This detachable processor (I'll call it DP for now on) can link two consoles wireless to improve game performance as well. It can also store game data
  • This DP doesn't have a screen or speaker of its own and has to be used with the console.
  • The DP can (somehow) share processing load between two consoles even if they are connected over the internet.
I don't think there's much to be hyped about yet, because besides being hard to understand, it doesn't seem hugely groundbreaking from a gameplay perspective.

hold the phone, A DETACHABLE CPU????

CAN CPU BE HOT SWAPPED WHAT IS THIS????

Btw, hot swap = being able to unplug and plug a device on a machine turned on without affecting the operation of said device. A good example is usb stick, you don;t have yo power down your entire pc to have them plugged and work.

The cpu however is the very core components of any computer, idk how the heck they can be detached......at any point like it;s essential to run a computer so mind explaining me?

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
So does anyone think we can expect RPG mii costumes for cloud like we got fighting game mii costumes for Ryu.Just saying isaac, crono, zael, Alis,Terra. would be day 1 purchase
I'd rather have Mii costumes of capital letters, a complete sentence, and correct punctuation because it seems you need it.

EDIT: That came out a lot more ***holeish than I intended. Sorry about that.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
For the VGAs, looking at the list for GOTY is really baffling and awful. It's mostly MGSV and The Witcher 3 that seem like decent titles.

Everything else sucks or is mediocre.

Hell my GOTYs are episodic RE games, a fighting game and a bunch of DLC released for a game that came out last year

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
hold the phone, A DETACHABLE CPU????

CAN CPU BE HOT SWAPPED WHAT IS THIS????

Btw, hot swap = being able to unplug and plug a device on a machine turned on without affecting the operation of said device. A good example is usb stick, you don;t have yo power down your entire pc to have them plugged and work.

The cpu however is the very core components of any computer, idk how the heck they can be detached......at any point like it;s essential to run a computer so mind explaining me?
It's an extra set of processors. You can play games without it, just that attaching it would allow for better performance.

D

Deleted member

For the VGAs, looking at the list for GOTY is really baffling and awful. It's mostly MGSV and The Witcher 3 that seem like decent titles.

Everything else sucks or is mediocre.

Hell my GOTYs are episodic RE games, a fighting game and a bunch of DLC released for a game that came out last year
Agreed. This year was pretty... Ehhhh... My favorite game this year was Monster Hunter 4 ultimate, but that came out in 2014 in Japan. So technically it's a 2014 game. :p

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Witcher 3, Bloodborne and MGS5 are the three games that would actually be deserving of a GOTY IMO. Bloodborne I'm a bit iffy about though.

D

Deleted member

Smth smth Etrian Odyssey
But seriously, I would love Mii costumes from FFVI or Chrono Trigger
I'd rather have Mii costumes of capital letters, a complete sentence, and correct punctuation because it seems you need it.
This was really unnecessary, you know?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
It's an extra set of processors. You can play games without it, just that attaching it would allow for better performance.

I read the patent and.....you worded it a bit wrong. it is a detachable DEVICE, like it has core resources like cpu ram and of course, a way to connect the two.

It;s not a detachable cpu, that;s completely different.

But from a tech perspective, it really intrigues me.....what do they mean by having a detachable device to give more power to the machine?

Because idk about you, but why would I need that? just make the console bigger to have more room for more components?

idk it's very weird. unless they mean you can attach to a pc, but that would be too good to be true lol :)

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Okay that wasn't really needed and kinda came off as bit of smart ass.Now you can answer the question or ignore it.Like most people do

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I read the patent and.....you worded it a bit wrong. it is a detachable DEVICE, like it has core resources like cpu ram and of course, a way to connect the two.

It;s not a detachable cpu, that;s completely different.

But from a tech perspective, it really intrigues me.....what do they mean by having a detachable device to give more power to the machine?

Because idk about you, but why would I need that? just make the console bigger to have more room for more components?

idk it's very weird. unless they mean you can attach to a pc, but that would be too good to be true lol :)
I really wish they worded the patent in a way that a person can actually understand.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Kombat Pack 2 just got leaked or spoiled if we are going by that regard.

It's Bo Rai Cho, Tri-Borg (Cyrax, Sector and Smoke all in one character) and two more guest characters.

Xenomorph from the Alien series and Leatherface from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre movies.

Oh God what the hell happened?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I really wish they worded the patent in a way that a person can actually understand.

dude, I will be back after i read the entire thing because it sounds like super funky and interesting.

It seems that the ressources of the device can be shared to other users and you coudl get in exchange access to the ressources of others.....

it';s super funky, but let me read because it sounds really interesting.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom