• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

finalark

SNORLAX
I did a blind play through of Shovel Knight last night.

It was an absolute blast from beginning to end. Now I understand why so many people love this game.

I would have played through Plague of Shadows immediately after despite basically being the same exact game with new mechanics because its just that much fun. The only reason why I didn't is because it was 2AM after finishing King Knight in PoS and I had to go home.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Remember: if you define a weeb as someone who likes Japanese stuff, by that definition, we all are weebs by virtue of Smash Bros. being a Japanese video game. ;)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, I tried almond milk for the first time

It's pretty alright

I'm still not sure how they milk almonds. I didn't realize they were mammals until now.

I dunno, I wouldn't say it's a definite replacement for milk. Especially since I'm pretty sure it's more expensive

D

Deleted member

holy ****

I'm only at 47 seconds and I'm not sure if I can go longer
Trust me, things get... Really weird.(I mean, this is the same show where Regi "announced" Cranky Kong for smash.) The host is definitely the worst part though.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
So, I tried almond milk for the first time

It's pretty alright

I'm still not sure how they milk almonds. I didn't realize they were mammals until now.

I dunno, I wouldn't say it's a definite replacement for milk. Especially since I'm pretty sure it's more expensive
This. This is what happens when we are desperate for news.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Last edited:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
So can someone explain how guessing "Luke Skywalker" means he leaked Cloud? The way I see it is thats like guessing Bugs Bunny, and then Mickey Mouse gets announced and suddenly you are a leaker.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Quick Thoughts:

PM: Played it once and it was okay. I like the ideas but that's about it.

Kirby Mass Attack: Probably the most creatively boring game I've played. It just felt like a game that I should have enjoyed but didn't. Blew my mind when I discovered you need every rainbow coin to get to the final world, which is just a boss rush mode. I think if it used the D-Pad to help influence/reset the direction of the Kirbys, shortened the levels, added a few more classic tunes, and no rainbow coin padding, I would have gotten more out of it.

VGAs: Will acknowledge them once they start expanding on their award categories such as separating the handheld category into 3DS/Vita/Mobile, and get people more relevant to the industry to present rather than some random celebrity. Feels more like an advertisement than actually celebrating the industry/culture as a whole.

SMTxFE: Kind of surprised it's an overall change, rather than a localized change, but regardless I think it's a good one. The game is questionable enough as it is.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
HERE WE GO AGAIN

I don't think it really makes much of a difference either way.
One less gratuitous stocking outfit, still too for the lack of a better term, weeb for my tastes.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So what time does the Pope Dewritos Show begins today?

Still iffy whether or not I'll actually watch it due to hearing past experiences but just curious.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Quick Thoughts:

PM: Played it once and it was okay. I like the ideas but that's about it.

Kirby Mass Attack: Probably the most creatively boring game I've played. It just felt like a game that I should have enjoyed but didn't. Blew my mind when I discovered you need every rainbow coin to get to the final world, which is just a boss rush mode. I think if it used the D-Pad to help influence/reset the direction of the Kirbys, shortened the levels, added a few more classic tunes, and no rainbow coin padding, I would have gotten more out of it.

VGAs: Will acknowledge them once they start expanding on their award categories such as separating the handheld category into 3DS/Vita/Mobile, and get people more relevant to the industry to present rather than some random celebrity.

SMTxFE: Kind of surprised it's an overall change, rather than a localized change, but regardless I think it's a good one. The game is questionable enough as it is.
To be fair, Daroarch helps you with the medals, and the rainbow medals are easier to collect

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So can someone explain how guessing "Luke Skywalker" means he leaked Cloud? The way I see it is thats like guessing Bugs Bunny, and then Mickey Mouse gets announced and suddenly you are a leaker.
It was a bit more than that. He worded it like

"We'll get Luke Skywalker and a Bespin stage. This blonde hero from this legendary franchise will fit right in, especially with the upcoming Episode 7."

or something like that. Episode 7 = FFVII. Bespin = Midgar. He made it seem like a ****post to hide legit information, likely to keep the surprise. Personally, the parallels seem to strong to think it really was just a random ****post.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So what time does the Pope Dewritos Show begins today?

Still iffy whether or not I'll actually watch it due to hearing past experiences but just curious.
Here's the live link. It says in 4 and a half hours

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It was a bit more than that. He worded it like

"We'll get Luke Skywalker and a Bespin stage. This blonde hero from this legendary franchise will fit right in, especially with the upcoming Episode 7."

or something like that. Episode 7 = FFVII. Bespin = Midgar. He made it seem like a ****post to hide legit information, likely to keep the surprise. Personally, the parallels seem to strong to think it really was just a random ****post.

So basically

"I call it luck."
"In my experience, there's no such thing as luck."

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So I found this
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/318774187#p318774842

Supposed reasoning on what happened to PM.

A lot of it seems flawed to me, but thoughts?
Doesn't seem too different from the currently accepted theories, just a bit more elaborate. I don't think it's worth talking about, as we'll simply never know for sure.

They already confirmed the reason, one of the devs explained it on facebook,
Mewtwo2000's post? That was only a conjecture, admittedly a very reasonable one.

:231:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom