• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Came back from five episode binge of Gravity Falls, the last five. I have too many feels right now.

:231:
Don't you just love having to wait until next year for the final episode?
Hmm... My ability to write Japanese on my PC really does have its perks, as I can only find PXZ2 music in high quality by searching in Japanese.
Frosty-sama, I don't know how you write in japanese but one thing is certain:
Stop being such a weeb :p

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Darkstalkers has amazing music. Seems one of the composers for Darkstalkers 3 is Masato Kouda, who has worked on the Smash Bros. series and the Monster Hunter series.

I don't like traditional 2D fighters, but Darkstalkers always caught my interest. Must be the supernatural/fantastic thematic of the series. I really like supernatural stuff, which often finds its way into the fantasy genre, also to my liking.

Though I think I expressed my liking for supernatural stuff before... It gets especially obvious considering some of the manga I like... Soul Eater, Blue Exorcist, Owari no Seraph, Blood Lad, just to name some.

This extends to other things, actually: my favorite race in Warcraft III is the Undead. Well, my username is inspired by that game. And can you guess my favorite Pokémon type? :094:

And we seem to have confirmation tha thte NX will be like the DS was to the Gamecube and GBA. Not the next in line, but a third branch.
I believe that has been posted in the previous page.

So, here's a Slowpoke: :079: (You can click on the little fella for a surprise, by the way.)

Frosty-sama, I don't know how you write in japanese but one thing is certain:
Stop being such a weeb :p
You keep using that word...

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Less than 24 hours until I lose my social life completely.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Darkstalkers has amazing music. Seems one of the composers for Darkstalkers 3 is Masato Kouda, who has worked on the Smash Bros. series and the Monster Hunter series.

I don't like traditional 2D fighters, but Darkstalkers always caught my interest. Must be the supernatural/fantastic thematic of the series. I really like supernatural stuff, which often finds its way into the fantasy genre, also to my liking.

Though I think I expressed my liking for supernatural stuff before... It gets especially obvious considering some of the manga I like... Soul Eater, Blue Exorcist, Owari no Seraph, Blood Lad, just to name some.

This extends to other things, actually: my favorite race in Warcraft III is the Undead. Well, my username is inspired by that game. And can you guess my favorite Pokémon type? :094:
Wait...so...
Your favorite Pokemon type is Ghost...
But your favorite Pokemon is weak to it?
(I don't know if it's actually Mewtwo)

They should really make a Darkstalkers vs. Soulcalibur one day.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
@Zoroarking hating on how knowledgeable Frostwraith Frostwraith is at Japanese cartoon and video games

He caught the Green Eyed Monster.

Besides, we can nerd out on a lot stuff. I do for fighting games, Streets of Rage and sports

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Wait...so...
(I don't know if it's actually Mewtwo)
Mewtwo is an old favorite of mine, yes, but Gastly and his evolutions have always been among my most liked Pokémon, even more than Mewtwo.

From the more recent generations, I especially like Litwick, Phantump, Honedge and Pumpkaboo evolutionary lines. Duskull is also cool, as are their evolutions. Same for Rotom and Spiritomb.

Dark types are my other favorite type with Pokémon such as Umbreon, Murkrow or Hydreigon.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm not joking, BTW.
Street Fighter X Tekken is a thing.
Now we should get a crossover fighter with Capcom and Namco's underrated, on-hiatus fantasy-themed fighting games.
How about a Crossover fighter with ALL of Namco and Capcom series that isn't a SRPG.

Or are you gonna ignore two of your favorite games series coming together Kenith.

That took quite a while, though. The NX will likely replace it later on, but for now is just another system to play on.
Pretty much this and the replacement won't happen until MUCH later than now

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Wait...so...
Didn't catch the context of this, but if his favorite Pokémon were a Ghost-type, that would likely be true, and fairly unsurprising.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Fair enough. I'm sorry to see MN9 has contributed to souring your opinion on Indies, though. Games like Cave Story, Iji, Shovel Knight, Undertale, and a whole slew of others are just a few counter-examples, but I can't deny you're right in that there is an odd trend of certain games getting off easy just because their devs are well-known - and because the devs have celebrity status, of course their games are going to get more attention, good or bad.

I'm also jealous of LPers who can profit off of playing games. My g/f have been trying to do that for about 2 years now and we haven't seen a dime. In terms of rewards, it seems to be a labor that's less about skill and more about timing.
For the record, on the note of Inafune and souring, I think my faith in him working on his own died the moment he went on a rant about how he was gonna outdo Capcom or something and then proceeded to announce Tanks vs. Bugs.

Undertale's hype has gotten to the point where my objective if incomplete analysis of an admittedly decent game via Youtube videos has fallen well under common opinion and left me annoyed, I was hype for Shovel Knight and enjoyed what I played of it though the Shovel Knight in Smash requests are irritating me, and I have very little familiarity with the other two but hear people praising Cave Story with very little context a lot.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Oh wow, the Premium exclusive theme is pretty.
It's okay but...I wanted the 2002 theme...:(
How about a Crossover fighter with ALL of Namco and Capcom series that isn't a SRPG.

Or are you gonna ignore two of your favorite games series coming together Kenith.
Which series are you referring to? A Capcom X Namco fighter would not bring them together.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
It's okay but...I wanted the 2002 theme...:(

Which series are you referring to? A Capcom X Namco fighter would not bring them together.
Dark Souls and Resident Evil

Invite sent.

Although it's completely public so members should be able to join without help
I'll be coming in. Just remember, you'll be seeing a lot of Sega Genesis music on there.

ALOT

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
@Zoroarking hating on how knowledgeable Frostwraith Frostwraith is at Japanese cartoon and video games

Besides, we can nerd out on a lot stuff. I do for fighting games, Streets of Rage and sports
All my knowledge comes from the fact I actually use Google to find information I want. :p

The Internet is a massive resource of information, after all.

Let's not forget about wikis either.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Dark Souls and Resident Evil
1. Smash
2. Zelda
3. Resident Evil
4. Dark Souls
5. Mario

Plus Namco doesn't technically own Dark Souls, I think FromSoftware even publishes it themselves in Japan.
EDIT: HA. THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR TRYING TO...UH...KNOW WHAT I LIKE.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
For the record, on the note of Inafune and souring, I think my faith in him working on his own died the moment he went on a rant about how he was gonna outdo Capcom or something and then proceeded to announce Tanks vs. Bugs.

Undertale's hype has gotten to the point where my objective if incomplete analysis of an admittedly decent game via Youtube videos has fallen well under common opinion and left me annoyed, I was hype for Shovel Knight and enjoyed what I played of it though the Shovel Knight in Smash requests are irritating me, and I have very little familiarity with the other two but hear people praising Cave Story with very little context a lot.
Then I'd recommend Iji, as I often do. It's free, so there's no risk; It's not very well known, so you probably aren't going to be exhausted by hype; It has an amazing sound track that sounds like if Pink Floyd were more heavy metal/electronica; It has multiple endings and a storyline that changes depending on how you play; and it looks a bit like Out Of This World, but plays nothing like it.

It also happens to be my #3 favorite game of all time.

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
Then I'd recommend Iji, as I often do. It's free, so there's no risk; It's not very well known, so you probably aren't going to be exhausted by hype; It has an amazing sound track that sounds like if Pink Floyd were more heavy metal/electronica; It has multiple endings and a storyline that changes depending on how you play; and it looks a bit like Out Of This World, but plays nothing like it.

iji is so obscure but also really good? it's a little stiff in some regards (i wish you could shoot and jump) but it's always so good to see it getting attention

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Oh, really? The interview I read said that was going to happen in the final episode.

I'm behind by a few, I need to catch up. The road trip episode was the last one I saw.

Either Hirsch is an absolute magnificent ******* or Stan is going to die in a fire.

But knowing him it's a massive red herring.
Ah, did I spoil you? Sorry about that.

Don't you just love having to wait until next year for the final episode?
Eh, I can deal with it. My patience level is downright inhuman. (Not sure if that sounded right.)

:231:

D

Deleted member

Hey guys.

Being premium gives me the perk of making more than 1 group.

So I made a group for VGM. Because I know a lot of people liek myself love Video Game OSTs

http://smashboards.com/social-forums/video-game-music.1886/
So have fun with that :p
As an absolute lover of video game soundtracks, I must join. <333

The timing is impeccable.
I still can't believe the official sonic social media accounts are doing this. It's bootifuhl.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

LOL I skimmed your post, clicked the link, thought, "Hey, you know what this looks like? That one game in that ancient Sega Genesis cheat book I somehow got a hold of. What was it called again?. . .Oh yeah that's right, Out Of This World.", then re-read your post. XD

Too bad the only PC I have access to is shared and I don't want to just download stuff willy-nilly on it, because if it's free I have no other reason not to at least try it.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Excited for the game awards tonight. I'll mainly be watching for the Iwata tribute, but I also think we may get a few surprises as well as the announcement for when they will be airing the Smash Broadcast.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It starts at about 2AM for me.

I might skip it but I also got up late today so it should be fine. I'll watch it in bed or something and go straight to sleep when it finishes.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace

I wrapped up Nav-Com for Christmas real quick.

Edit: Woah. Message 666 O.o :229:
That ain't Santa...
It's Krampus...

Last edited:

Soul.

My favorite Pokémon is called Feeling.

Signature move is Emotion. I dunno the base stats though, probably a Normal-type.

---
Really nice to see the Game Awards having a tribute for Iwata. Is there a list showing the games that companies will be showing?

Chrono.

I've never watched a game awards show I've only heard the horror stories of cringe.

But I'll see where this one goes.

D

Deleted member

I believe that has been posted in the previous page.

So, here's a Slowpoke: :079: (You can click on the little fella for a surprise, by the way.)

You keep using that word...

I'll keep using it because I know Frosty-sama blushes when I call him like that :p

I-it's not like I'm jealous of his knowledge ot anything, you idiot!
Hey guys.

Being premium gives me the perk of making more than 1 group.

So I made a group for VGM. Because I know a lot of people liek myself love Video Game OSTs

http://smashboards.com/social-forums/video-game-music.1886/
So have fun with that :p
Brb, gotta spam it with Etrian Odyssey's soundtrack

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom