• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My favorite Pokémon is called Feeling.

Signature move is Emotion. I dunno the base stats though, probably a Normal-type.

---
Really nice to see the Game Awards having a tribute for Iwata. Is there a list showing the games that companies will be showing?
I don't think so. Most of the listings for new trailers and what not would be listed as "World Premiere", in order to keep things a surprise.

A World Premiere can be anything from a new game reveal, new content for an existing/upcoming game we haven't seen, or simply a new trailer for an upcoming game that doesn't reveal much new stuff.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The Game Awards start at 7:30 AM for me. I guess I could wake up to watch it, but I don't think I care that much.

:231:

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Signature move is Emotion. I dunno the base stats though, probably a Normal-type.

---
Really nice to see the Game Awards having a tribute for Iwata. Is there a list showing the games that companies will be showing?
Nice avatar, ampharos is great in SMD!

And Kirby's mass attack is one of my favorite kirby games. Wouldn't mind another one.

D

Deleted member

I've never watched a game awards show I've only heard the horror stories of cringe.
Like this?

But eh, I don't like awards shows anyway. If there's a huge announcment, I'll just look at it later.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

---
So. . .Fakemon or Mesprit?

I certainly didn't expect this.
. . .Sega does what Nintendon't? O.o

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Like this?

But eh, I don't like awards shows anyway. If there's a huge announcment, I'll just look at it later.
I kind of felt bad for Knightley (I think that's who was next to Joel, right?) he seemed to know how annoying/offensive Joel was being. Joel is just like that. He was the worst part of community.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
You know what? I'm gonna reverse what I usually say. We're totally gonna have a character reveal at the game thingy coming up. Though since I'm always wrong, if I say it won't happen, it might... hmm...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You know what? I'm gonna reverse what I usually say. We're totally gonna have a character reveal at the game thingy coming up. Though since I'm always wrong, if I say it won't happen, it might... hmm...
Care to be shiny new Christmas shoes on it?
:troll:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'll keep using it because I know Frosty-sama blushes when I call him like that :p
Blushing? Me? Ah, such a silly assumption you're making there... How amusing.

About Project M, I'll reiterate my stance: I'm not surprised by how things turned out. Signs already pointed in that direction. Game modding and hacking are very much a legal grey area to the point that even different IP holders have different stances on the subject. People who dabble in that kind of stuff should be aware of that and act accordingly. That's all there is to it.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Guys. Kirby Mass Attack is soooo fun! And if you get it on tbe eshop you get 50% off Power Paintbrush
Ooh, let me grab them both right now!
...or I would, if they were in NA.

Listening to Kirby Mass Attack's soundtrack right now, as a matter of fact. It's hilarious how much it takes off MOTHER 3's style-wise (Vehicle Blast and Slots Aplenty, particularly). Then again, it is Shōgo Sakai. Hopefully they both come to America's VC soon!

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently there are parademons in the BatmanVSuperman trailer

The minions of Darkseid

Soul.

I don't think so. Most of the listings for new trailers and what not would be listed as "World Premiere", in order to keep things a surprise.

A World Premiere can be anything from a new game reveal, new content for an existing/upcoming game we haven't seen, or simply a new trailer for an upcoming game that doesn't reveal much new stuff.
I wasn't really talking about Premieres though, more so a list of games they'll be giving awards.

But yeah I guess people will tune in for the surprises.

So. . .Fakemon or Mesprit?
...Man I forgot Mesprit was the Emotion Pokémon.

Nice avatar, ampharos is great in SMD!
Thanks. Yes, it is.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I wasn't really talking about Premieres though, more so a list of games they'll be giving awards.

But yeah I guess people will tune in for the surprises.

...Man I forgot Mesprit was the Emotion Pokémon.

Thanks. Yes, it is.
Oh, in that case, yeah there is a nominees list.

http://thegameawards.com/nominees/

Click on the drop down arrows in each category to see the nominees.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well what level of cringe can we expect at the VGAs. Anywhere near Ubisoft E3 shows? Or, god forbid, Nintendo's Wii music showing.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
No level of cringe can compare to Konami's presentations.
Wii Music is a ****ing masterpiece compared to those...

My gosh, they're so....awkward.

Regardless, when are the awards?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh, in that case, yeah there is a nominees list.

http://thegameawards.com/nominees/

Click on the drop down arrows in each category to see the nominees.
I didn't even realize it at first, but I just noticed Pac-Man 256 is nominated for Best Mobile Game.

...Man, I hope that wins. That's a great game IMO. It does Free-to-Play completely right and is highly addicting. And the concept behind it is cool as hell and an awesome mythology gag. It sucks it has to go up against something Fallout, though, and to a lesser extent, Lara Croft Go. But I'm rooting for it.

Seriously, download it, people. It's fun. :p

EDIT: And Monster Hunter. ****.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I cringed more at Cranky Kong and Joel McHale trying to be funny than Ravi Drums having a go a shaking them Wiimotes around in a manner reminiscent of having a seizure.

The latter I just stared at not comprehending why I was seeing what I was seeing. I did cringe when Shaun White was teaching everyone's uncool aunt Cammie Dunaway how to pretend to snowboard though.

Of course Cranky Kong was two years ago, last year was a little better. That said I don't actually watch the VGAs, I just look at the clips I'd care about afterwards. The show in its entirety is worse than just cringe, it's boring and cringe.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I didn't even realize it at first, but I just noticed Pac-Man 256 is nominated for Best Mobile Game.

...Man, I hope that wins. That's a great game IMO. It does Free-to-Play completely right and is highly addicting. And the concept behind it is cool as hell and an awesome mythology gag. It sucks it has to go up against something Fallout, though, and to a lesser extent, Lara Croft Go. But I'm rooting for it.

Seriously, download it, people. It's fun. :p
I got it the day it came out. I haven't played much of it since I honestly haven't been out that much lately (at least not on a bus or anything, which is when I usually play mobile games), but yeah it's fun.

I doubt it would win against Fallout Shelter though. I'm not a Fallout guy, but from what I have seen, that looks like a surprisingy deep game. I think it will win and I think it would deserve it.

Last edited:

Strofirko

Smash Master
After that new trailer of Batman VS Superman,we can agree the title is actually misleading.
And also while some people are hyped up for X or Y character appearance,that drove my interest away.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I'm on the "It's a dream sequence" boat with the BVS apocalyptic stuff and Superman unmasking Batman.

D

Deleted member

Blushing? Me? Ah, such a silly assumption you're making there... How amusing.

About Project M, I'll reiterate my stance: I'm not surprised by how things turned out. Signs already pointed in that direction. Game modding and hacking are very much a legal grey area to the point that even different IP holders have different stances on the subject. People who dabble in that kind of stuff should be aware of that and act accordingly. That's all there is to it.
You try to act all edgy and cool but I know Frosty-sama is a big soft on the inside :dr^_^:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Apparently it will go live in 5 hours. I hope the announcement comes near the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom