• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Doesn't seem too different from the currently accepted theories, just a bit more elaborate. I don't think it's worth talking about, as we'll simply never know for sure.

Mewtwo2000's post? That was only a conjecture, admittedly a very reasonable one.

:231:
Oh yeah, I read the mewtwo one, If that's what's being referred, then it's not fact. I agree we will probably never know for sure though.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Doesn't seem too different from the currently accepted theories, just a bit more elaborate. I don't think it's worth talking about, as we'll simply never know for sure.

Mewtwo2000's post? That was only a conjecture, admittedly a very reasonable one.

:231:
I dun goofed. In that case, you all can think of something I have to use as an avi for at least 24 hours

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I decided to go all out and make a Game Awards prediction list...and it was really hard. So I cheated and put my top two predictions for each category, with the exception of three: Mortal Kombat's definitely winning Fighting Game, so I only posted that, and I don't know enough about eSports to pick Top Player and Top Team.

GOTY: Fallout 4 or Bloodborne
Developer of the Year: Kojima or Nintendo
Best Indie: Undertale or Rocket League
Best Mobile: Fallout Shelter or Monster Hunter. Hoping for Pac-Man 256.
Best Narrative: Her Story or Life is Strange
Best Soundtrack: Halo 5 or MGSV Phantom Pain
Best Performance: Mark Hamill or Camilla Luddington
Impact: Her Story or Undertale
Shooter: CODBO3 or Battlefront. Hoping for Splatoon.
Action/Adventure: Complete Toss-Up. MGSVPP or ROTTR. Possibly Arkham.
RPG: Fallout 4 or Bloodborne. Possibly Witcher 3.
Fighting Game: Mortal Kombat X
Family Game: Toss up. DI3.0 or Splatoon. Possibly Super Mario Maker.
Sports: FIFA or Rocket League. Possibly NBA.
Multiplayer: Halo 5 or COD. Hoping for Splatoon.
Art Direction: Bloodborne or The Witcher 3

eSports GOTY: CS:GO or LoL
Fan Creation: Twitch Plays Dark Souls or GTA Real
Trending Gamer: Markiplier or TotalBiscuit. Possibly Pewds.
eSports Team: Abstain
eSports Player: Abstain
Most Anticipated: Uncharted 4 or The Last Guardian. Why no Zelda U.

D

Deleted member

"Bwaah, I can't believe the censored FEXSMT, 0/10 game ruined"
Remember: if you define a weeb as someone who likes Japanese stuff, by that definition, we all are weebs by virtue of Smash Bros. being a Japanese video game. ;)
Nah, a weeb is someone that takes that liking to extreme, like you do, Frosty-sama :p

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I decided to go all out and make a Game Awards prediction list...and it was really hard. So I cheated and put my top two predictions for each category, with the exception of three: Mortal Kombat's definitely winning Fighting Game, so I only posted that, and I don't know enough about eSports to pick Top Player and Top Team.

GOTY: Fallout 4 or Bloodborne
Developer of the Year: Kojima or Nintendo
Best Indie: Undertale or Rocket League
Best Mobile: Fallout Shelter or Monster Hunter. Hoping for Pac-Man 256.
Best Narrative: Her Story or Life is Strange
Best Soundtrack: Halo 5 or MGSV Phantom Pain
Best Performance: Mark Hamill or Camilla Luddington
Impact: Her Story or Undertale
Shooter: CODBO3 or Battlefront. Hoping for Splatoon.
Action/Adventure: Complete Toss-Up. MGSVPP or ROTTR. Possibly Arkham.
RPG: Fallout 4 or Bloodborne. Possibly Witcher 3.
Fighting Game: Mortal Kombat X
Family Game: Toss up. DI3.0 or Splatoon. Possibly Super Mario Maker.
Sports: FIFA or Rocket League. Possibly NBA.
Multiplayer: Halo 5 or COD. Hoping for Splatoon.
Art Direction: Bloodborne or The Witcher 3

eSports GOTY: CS:GO or LoL
Fan Creation: Twitch Plays Dark Souls or GTA Real
Trending Gamer: Markiplier or TotalBiscuit. Possibly Pewds.
eSports Team: Abstain
eSports Player: Abstain
Most Anticipated: Uncharted 4 or The Last Guardian. Why no Zelda U.
I really hope Bloodborne wins Game of The Year.
Also, Undertale will win Best Indie, no question.

LOOK WHO'S TALKING! SOMEONE'S NOT GETTING A BODY PILLOW OF HIS WAIFU FOR CHRISTMAS!
I don't have a waifu, Anna.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Because Luke Skywalker is a "blonde hero" just like Cloud.
Still doesn't mean hes leaked Cloud. Even if he did have information at the time, take a look at this:

Watch around the 0:30 mark. He says that Nintendo flew them in to watch the direct a week early....meaning there were a handful of fans out there that knew Cloud was coming. He could have easily tipped a friend off about Cloud. That doesn't mean either of them know the date of the Smash direct, as I doubt Nintendo would just tell them that early.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I really hope Bloodborne wins Game of The Year.
Also, Undertale will win Best Indie, no question.

I don't have a waifu, Anna.
Definitely agree on both parts. The only reason I think Rocket League has the faintest shot of beating out Undertale is just due to how many people praise how fun the former is. :p

D

Deleted member

I dun goofed. In that case, you all can think of something I have to use as an avi for at least 24 hours
Use an EO avi and change your user title to "Buy Etrian Odyssey nerds"
Either that or Foleo :p
Because I totally don't have a bunch of fanart of him I'l never use, totally not

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Gross.
Definitely agree on both parts. The only reason I think Rocket League has the faintest shot of beating out Undertale is just due to how many people praise how fun the former is. :p
I'd really like to play Undertale Rocket League...I need to get my PC fixed...
It would be nice if Rocket League won just because it would be unexpected.
But also due to the insane reactions from the Undertale fans.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
To be fair, Daroarch helps you with the medals, and the rainbow medals are easier to collect
I mostly just used a guide after I discovered the rainbow coin stuff, not that it wasn't great to see the Squeak Squad again. Slightly easier or not, I'd still call it backtracking at it's worst.

IDK I think a button to reset the position of the Kirbys would have really helped. It's so frustrating to constantly have to stop moving forward because one of the Kirbys gets stuck/falls behind in levels that I felt were too long to begin with. Touchscreen-only games I feel should be easy to pick up and play. I don't want to have to make a 10-15 minute commitment per level, especially when it doesn't really feel like I have full control over the characters I'm playing as.

I like the ideas the game has, but I think it could have been executed better.

Welp. This is the myth, the man, the legend himself who runs the Sonic the Hedgehog Twitter Account.
(https://twitter.com/RubyEclipse/with_replies)
Well this is neat if true

Also lol #FE censorship. Im sad the gameplay looks good/decent but is bundled with . . . the rest of he game.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Can someone please just appoint Webber as CEO of Sega/Sonic Team?

I mean holy crap, the fact that a Twitter account is the best thing about Sonic these days is evidence enough.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I honestly don't care who wins at the VGA's. Looking at past results, most feel either rigged or awarded to games that didn't deserve it at all.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I honestly don't care who wins at the VGA's. Looking at past results, most feel either rigged or awarded to games that didn't deserve it at all.
I think it's where most of Activision's budget does these days. They just classify it as advertising.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I'm just going to re-iterate my former posts here.
So... I got in contact with the guy. Here's what he had to say.
@Con0rrrr: Well, this shoots down your theory of Tansut possibly being a former employee of Square Enix.

D

Deleted member

Who the **** is that?
'Tis Krizalid in the ending of KoF '99. What, you don't know you're really obscure boss characters Anna? :p

This does remind me of something I need to do though, I need to post his themes in the music thread. All variations are pretty badass, but I think I loce this metal cover the most.

The more you know. :colorful:

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Can someone please just appoint Webber as CEO of Sega/Sonic Team?

I mean holy crap, the fact that a Twitter account is the best thing about Sonic these days is evidence enough.
Imagine if he made the next sonic game and it was nothing but memes? I could almost guarantee it be game of the year or nominated.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Imagine if he made the next sonic game and it was nothing but memes? I could almost guarantee it be game of the year or nominated.
Hey, if the game is good, he can put in all the memes he wants. :V

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
So, I tried almond milk for the first time

It's pretty alright

I'm still not sure how they milk almonds. I didn't realize they were mammals until now.

I dunno, I wouldn't say it's a definite replacement for milk. Especially since I'm pretty sure it's more expensive
I've never been able to try it because I'm allergic to nuts. I can't eat so many things. 0/10 allergy, would not wish on anyone.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I'm just going to re-iterate my former posts here.
You probably shouldn't post those conversations since you made it sound like you were only going to tell Pushdustin about his responses. I just wouldn't want him to think you're being dishonest (which I know you're not trying to do)

I also don't see how what you posted proves your point. He said Luke, and then (it seems like, from what you posted) you just jump to "You obviously leaked cloud". How do you know he wasn't joking, and is now just acting like he leaked Cloud?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom