• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Alien vs. Predator but no Freddy vs. Jason.

Also, why does Leatherface look like a clown?

wildvine47

Smash Ace
This makes 4 guests total for MKX. IMO at this point I'd be surprised if Freddy Krueger didn't come back. They've got both Jason AND Leatherface. He just makes sense to complete the horror icon trio.

Last edited:

Chrono.

"I wonder who this Leatherface guy is"

"Oh."

man I didnt watch a lot of movies as a kid

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
One application of the "Supplemental computing device" could be the ability to use a more powerful Handheld system (like the 3ds). I imagine you could "save" stuff from your main console, and play it on the go using your SCD (Supplemental Computing device)

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Still, I'm disappointed in the lack of Ash Williams. I mean, c'mon if you're going to put in freaking Leatherface at least bring in Ash.

Chrono.

I would've proffered no more guests, personally.

But eh, same thing as Smash, guests just sell more.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
"I wonder who this Leatherface guy is"

"Oh."

man I didnt watch a lot of movies as a kid
I did the same thing hahaha.

I think that movie is based on a true story, or something like that.
That's... really creepy, it's cool that we will be able to kill that guy with Fatalities.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I did the same thing hahaha.

I think that movie is based on a true story, or something like that.
That's... really creepy, it's cool that we will be able to kill that guy with Fatalities.
Speaking of, I wonder what Leatherface's fatalities will be.

D

Deleted member

Xenomorph?
Who's next? Ronald McDonald?
Are you not aware of Don's fighting capabilities?
:p

And huh, leather face, didn't expect him at all. Eh, would've preffered pinhead.(Or better yet, a MK character.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Seems weird that they have Jason, Leatherface, Xenomorph, and NOT Freddy...
At this point NetherRealm should just make a horror movie monster/character fighting game.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I got hyped, and then I saw the shirts and now I'm worried. Is this all going to be kids' size and stuff, because I want some of those shirts
I'm sure there will be some. According to here:
http://retail-merchandiser.com/index.php/reports/licensing-reports/2210-yo-kai-watch
  • PS Brands LLC, which is producing hosiery for kids and adults;
  • Central Mills Inc./Freeze, a maker of t-shirts and fashion tops for children ages two and up and adults
  • Bioworld, which is producing kids underwear for all channels and adults sleepwear, loungewear, headwear and cold weather accessories for specialty retailers;
  • Global Brands Group (AME and Briefly Stated divisions), which is producing licensed sleepwear and loungewear for children and adults;
  • Isaac Morris Ltd., which is producing apparel for children and adults. The company is also producing apparel, novelties and accessories for inclusion in subscription crate services;
They're making jewelry for Yo-kai Watch for crying out loud. :O

Last edited:

Strofirko

Smash Master
And now people asking for ****ing Ash Williams,I am done with this crap...

Last edited:

finalark

SNORLAX
Yeah, this is one instance where I'm super ****ing grateful for "censorship".
Not a fan of #FE's "art direction".
Can we get a quick show of hands around here? Are there any Shin Megami Tensei (not Persona) and/or Fire Emblem fans who are actually happy with the direction that they went with #FE?

Because everyone I know who is hyped for this game doesn't actually give a damn about either series.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I have a feeling this petition is ironic.
Can we get a quick show of hands around here? Are there any Shin Megami Tensei (not Persona) and/or Fire Emblem fans who are actually happy with the direction that they went with #FE?

Because everyone I know who is hyped for this game doesn't actually give a damn about either series.
I would consider myself a fan of Fire Emblem, and no, I am absolutely not a fan of the direction that they went with the game.
All I can say is, thank god Lucina isn't in it.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Look at all of this merchandise. Be prepared, because it's going to hit like tidal wave.

Jeez I knew it was popular but all this merchandise is ridiculous, but I'm sure fans will love it.

And While we are on the topic of marketing:

Very subtle Nintendo, very Subtle....

and I'm surprised Nintendo retweeted this:
There was a problem fetching the tweet
This is quite the sexualized image for a family friendly icon. It's not but but I'm surprised Nintendo retweeted it, especially with all the censorship they have been done over "sexy " thins in their upcoming titles.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
dude, I will be back after i read the entire thing because it sounds like super funky and interesting.

It seems that the ressources of the device can be shared to other users and you coudl get in exchange access to the ressources of others.....

it';s super funky, but let me read because it sounds really interesting.
ok, I read it and it;s indeed interesting.

you have your console (and idk why, but they listed the game console doesn;t have to be a dedicated one, coudl be any computer which is weird) and is plugged (probably with ethernet cable) to an additional machine that has more ressources so the macihine and the console kiss eachother and share their ressources. This jsut gives more ressources to runs games.

But here's is where it gets super interesting: that device can go on internet and publish its connection info so another user can remotely connect to your device and use the ressources too for even more power. You can configure that and allowing your ressources to be shared would give you compensation like remote access time or even stuff like discounts (crazy, i know)..

other details are you can have multiple of these devices and chjain them so you ahve more powers. You can also have it jkust in your local network, but they do specify, the closer the better so a direct ethernet cable is really good and wireless with 5 walls in between is kinda not doing much more.

So, this sounds very interesting and if it';s related to NX, I can;t wait to see how it woudl go, this sounds interesting and not soemthign I can review until I actually see i implemented :)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
There's the ol' Boon bait and switch with Baraka.

Though I can't be the only one who saw an all 3 Cyborgs in one character coming.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Well this is neat if true

Also lol #FE censorship. Im sad the gameplay looks good/decent but is bundled with . . . the rest of he game.
Yeah, a few days ago they had an emergency maintenance and got rid of the spiked walls while sending the players a couple apology gifts to help make up for it. Thank goodness too because Sonic Runners is my favorite iOS game, so I was really disappointed that they decided to cheat players like that. It's nice that they fixed it so quickly.

Strofirko

Smash Master

I know the kind of Fire Emblem fans hyped for this game.

They've been asking for him since Kombat Pack 1 to be fair.
Hey they have a reason,since all that Jason and Predator stuff,but Mortal Kombat as a whole is losing his way into making new characters, all the new ones that came on the main game are tropes( A.K.A. Venom Queen, Clint Eastwood, Dwarf guy on a giant shoulders),it looks that is almost no future left for Mortal Kombat without pop horror figures.
This is quite the sexualized image for a family friendly icon. It's not but but I'm surprised Nintendo retweeted it, especially with all the censorship they have been done over "sexy " thins in their upcoming titles.
They got Playboy on the marketing of Splatoon and Bayonetta 2 ,argument invalid.
Also minors with bikinis =/= sexualized stuff.

Last edited:

Chrono.

SMT and kinda Persona "fan" (if you count only playing the fighting games) here, no I couldn't care less about the game.

I still don't see what it's got in common with Persona other than the Mirages being a similar concept to the Personas. Is it the idols? Cuz the only one was Rise. Everything else is pretty removed from either series.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Thoroughly entertaining.

Like 99.9% of those so-called petitions, it won't mean anything and people will already have forgotten about it in a span of a week or so.

Still worth the laugh.

Yeah, I must agree with this.

Both the SMT fanbase and FE fanbase (mainly those who got into FE before Awakening) aren't too pleased with the game. I've been following that game's news and, while I do admit I defended it by giving it the benefit of doubt and arguing that it was too soon to judge it, I don't care about it anymore and think of it as nothing but wasted potential.

I'd say that first teaser did a lot more harm than good, but what is done is done. A SMT x FE crossover could have been something interesting considering how other Nintendo collaborations such as Hyrule Warriors and Pokkén Tournament managed to captivate fans of both series and offering new twists on previously established franchises.

#FE is just something that happens to have elements of both series it's meant to be crossing over but seems to be lacking the core themes of both series. The idea of switching between the real world and a fantasy world is one of the few things the game got right, but that's it.

Whatever interest I had in the game is long gone. Instead, I'm picking another JRPG when I get a Wii U, Xenoblade Chronicles X. That is one game that didn't let down since the first trailer.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I have found my true calling in life.

From this day forth, I shall no longer be a gamer. I shall be, a fridge fixer-er.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
i love it when people get mad at optional content "why copuldnt it have been the character I wanted?" basica buisness really your character isnt nearly the mooney making giant that the characters who got in are

this is why isaac probobly wont get into smash as dlc i mean look at the dlc we have gotten so far
the veterans- major cash made by fans of melee and brawl
ryu and cloud- huge names in gaming that serve to gett more people buying wiius to play as thier favorite characters
(why do you think it was #1 item sold in target during black friday? because cloud)

now a character i can totaly see getting in is the inklings "but their too new/ their a mii costume" they rated high on the polls they are in their most popular time frame and they have a system seller acording to nintendo who bundeled the game with smash and a wiiu they tick all the boxes a character needs to get in smash like if i had to pick a safe bet for nintendo newcommers it has to be inklings because the only thing going against them are "rules" the fans have made up and as we have seen with cloud they dont matter

finalark

SNORLAX
SMT and kinda Persona "fan" (if you count only playing the fighting games) here, no I couldn't care less about the game.

I still don't see what it's got in common with Persona other than the Mirages being a similar concept to the Personas. Is it the idols? Cuz the only one was Rise. Everything else is pretty removed from either series.
They just released a P4 spin-off where everyone is an idol.

I loved the original P4, but I'm really just not into the direction they started taking it with some of the spin-offs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom