• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Good ****ing lord, YOU GET SNARTLE EARLY IN THE FREAKING Lower 40s?

Are you just lucky or do you just know everything about the game now?
all you need is meat and about 20 minutes of doing nothing...(no really shadow evenoct and bloominoko have healing powers plus nokos all stat buff meant i really could sit back for the most part) getting the lucky friend whisp helps too

D

Deleted member

Guys, I'm scared
All I see is blue
I think my eyes have some problem
And I think Oni and Chris are dead.
Someone help

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I hate that I have to watch this award show again... But I will concede that the nominees are at least a bit better than they usually are. ONLY a bit. I'm really in it for the reveals and not much else.

I feel like I know most of the winners just by looking at the categorys, but hey, maybe I'll be surprised.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Eh, I'm probably gonna tune out of the VGA. Besides, if there's anything of note it'll be on the Internet in no time. So I'm not missing out.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Hey there, just wanted to share this here, since Cloud was presented (a month ago xD):

I did this tweet when those costumes for the Mii came on the 30th September.

He was hinted (just coincidence xD).

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
If I'm not mistaken it's M in Australia, right? OFLC's M is equivalent to ESRB's T, unless it's ESRB M as well...?
By the looks of it it's Australia.

Platinum has been making quite a few lisenced games recently. There was the Korra one, then Transformers, and now this. Sure granted if anyone could do a licensed game and do it well it'd be them, but it's still interesting to see a once deserted market get some actually decent games for once.

Last edited:

Chrono.

So people are crying foul at MN9 again.

Is it because of the gameplay? Nope. Is it because of the new trailer? Nope.

It's because Egoraptor appears in the background of a stage.

Strofirko

Smash Master

Its 2 big,needs to be a small and random face like the shovel knight one.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Not surprised. Remember, we live in an era where anything and everything will be the subject of complaints.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

And yet when Indies or Youtubers guest star in any other game no one gives a crap. Double standards everybody!

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326

A prominent supporter and benefactor of the game gets his own Easter Egg? Oh no, what is the world coming to?

Honestly, I'll admit I was once a little disappointed in what I'd seen of MN09, but that's my own fault. I expected a Mega Man clone, so I deserved to be disappointed. However, it's been clear for over a year that's not what it is. People need to get over it and stop hating on this game just because it's a meme to hate this game. How about actually playing it and seeing if it stands on its own merits?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Amiibo? Amiibo?

#triggered

amiibo is never capitalized. Read this press release for proof. I know there's a document somewhere that even explains that amiibo should never have an s at the end.

It's the same thing as writing Iphone.

Good interview though. I look forward to hearing more information!
I get that but I prefer to capitilise it and put an "s" at the end because it just looks better/sounds better in my mind.

I'm aware it's not correct but it sounds better and people actually seem to get less confused when you put an "s" at the end for pluralisation, specifically people who don't follow the brand.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
What's even worse is that its actually a Kickstarter perk (for $3000 no less)

It could've been anyone lol
Egoraptor paid $3000 dollars to have his face in a knee-jerk reaction indie game?

Gee, I wish I didn't have the voice of a screeching cartoon ten year old boy and a tendency to be socially awkward, or I'd make an LP channel, then take that kind of cash and Kickstart my OWN indie game.

What would it be about? Who cares, as long as it actually tries to hold up on it's own merits instead of piggybacking on nostalgia for very specific video games/the "indie" title.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
A prominent supporter and benefactor of the game gets his own Easter Egg? Oh no, what is the world coming to?

Honestly, I'll admit I was once a little disappointed in what I'd seen of MN09, but that's my own fault. I expected a Mega Man clone, so I deserved to be disappointed. However, it's been clear for over a year that's not what it is. People need to get over it and stop hating on this game just because it's a meme to hate this game. How about actually playing it and seeing if it stands on its own merits?
Because Inafailure is just as bad as Crapcom! Every minor detail is a failure and he should be ashamed because of them!
(/sarcasm)

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I get that but I prefer to capitilise it and put an "s" at the end because it just looks better/sounds better in my mind.

I'm aware it's not correct but it sounds better and people actually seem to get less confused when you put an "s" at the end for pluralisation, specifically people who don't follow the brand.
Yeah, it absolutely looks better with the s on the end for the plural. I love Nintendo's games and systems, but I draw the line at them making up grammar rules.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Egoraptor paid $3000 dollars to have his face in a knee-jerk reaction indie game?

Gee, I wish I didn't have the voice of a screeching cartoon ten year old boy and a tendency to be socially awkward, or I'd make an LP channel, then take that kind of cash and Kickstart my OWN indie game.

What would it be about? Who cares, as long as it actually tries to hold up on it's own merits instead of piggybacking on nostalgia for very specific video games/the "indie" title.
Not sure if sarcasm or...?

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

I for one, did measure the game on its own merits.
I watched a lot of recent footage of the game, and it looked like it was a very flawed, bland, and visually unimpressive game.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I despise what Mighty No. 9 has become, and I will even say my opinion of Arin is not high at all, but... come on guys. Is this REALLY worth fussing over? :V

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Also, Lyn's moveset in PM is like the greatest thing ever created.
Fast, stylish, and exactly what I would want from a lightning-fast samurai user in Smash.

If I'm being honest...I like it more than some of the official characters' movesets.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Not sure if sarcasm or...?
Blind over exaggeration.

I've always kinda been ticked off at MN9 for stealing countless design elements from MM since before it was cool to hate on it (#hipsterlyfe), Indie games have a disturbing and quality-lowering tendency to be marketed solely because they are created by independent companies, and I'm a bit salty jealous of people who can have fun MST3King for a living and get rich off of it.

FTR, looking forward to Terraria on Nintendo systems next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom