• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I asked a girl out...

Not the girl I originally intended.

Don't know why I did. I just.... did.

She said no, she was seeing someone with an embarrassed cringe on her face.

I can still ask the original girl tonight...

But I'm a bit discouraged.
Swamp, asking out girls is a difficult task. I didnt even ask my current girlfriend out, it kinda just happened over a very hungry me eating BK (Like, 27 hours w/o food hungry) But before her, Ive asked a few girls out, whove rejected me.

Point is, Never Let Up. Try Try Again. Its not your Adventure's End yet.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
One question, how long are these awards? An hour, three?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Swamp, asking out girls is a difficult task. I didnt even ask my current girlfriend out, it kinda just happened over a very hungry me eating BK (Like, 27 hours w/o food hungry) But before her, Ive asked a few girls out, whove rejected me.

Point is, Never Let Up. Try Try Again. Its not your Adventure's End yet.
THESE TITTLES!

idk why you didn;t put something like we believe in you, much better than all of these lol :)

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Why though?

You had the balls to express your feelings for a girl you were attracted to. That's already 50 steps ahead most single men. It's okay to feel discouraged but don't let it get in your way of asking your crush out.

Now, get back out there.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I mean, if the girl was honestly seeing someone then no harm done.

I'm not gonna hold a grudge or get hurt if she said no. She's got the right to not like me in that way.

It's just... her Facebook says she's single...

If she was lying to me, THEN I'm mad and/or hurt.

D

Deleted member

Guis, my Nintendo who friended at work sent me an email with the character that is going to be revealed today because he was mad that work fired him
So, first, there is a Melee physics toggle, it also adds the fan favorites techniques: Wavecheating and fun-cancelling
Second, a Star Wars character is getting added to promote the Force Sleeps, Samurai Jack(Smash's director) was between either Luke Skywalker or Darth Vader, but at the end he decided to include a Stormtrooper instead due to being more iconic and Luke would just be a Falcon clone
Stormtrooper has an unique mechanic that makes him miss almost every attack, but if he hits, it'll be a OHKO move, no matter the percentage
Finally, Stormtrooper will be revealed tonight alongside his stage: the Enterprise
It will fly through the most iconic places of the franchise such as the Batcavern and Middle Earth
I have no reason to doubt my friend so I believe he is telling the truth

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
THESE TITTLES!

idk why you didn;t put something like we believe in you, much better than all of these lol :)
That would require that I put Mario in there. Unless Swamps name is Mario (Which I doubt :p) I didnt want to kill the originality XD
I should have finished with Victory in the Dream World :p

I'm not gonna hold a grudge or get hurt if she said no. She's got the right to not like me in that way.

Im in a relationship and Im in the single status on Facebook. Maybe she just didnt change it.

EDIT- Wheres the strike out button. Yknow, the one that puts a line thorugh the words

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
That would require that I put Mario in there. Unless Swamps name is Mario (Which I doubt :p) I didnt want to kill the originality XD
I should have finished with Victory in the Dream World :p
i use we believe in you without the mario int he name a lot so don;t feel bad for it :)

Plus, you could always says swamp instead of mario :) i would definitely get it :)

D

Deleted member

Oh wow lol XD :p

I dunno about you, but Orochi and Mukai I never really like all that much.

I don't really feel anything towards Magaki since I never played XI, but I do like Dark Ash in XIII. Probably 4th behind the other top 3 :p

Also, am I right in thinking that the VGA's start 2 hours and 15 mins from this edit?
I never really cared much for Orochi either, honestly. I like Mukia though for some reason, I can't even explain why, I just do. Clone zero and Original zero are really fun to use because of the capes and black holes.

Dark Ash I obviously love because he's my husbando being controlled by second husbando. :p

Of course, I like every boss more in mugen simpilily because they're expanded upon more.(In fact, my whole thing is that I do M.U.G.E.N. videos.) Like this Igniz, for an example.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cXA5aEEcH4w
(That team up super with Krizalid, UMPH.)

I asked a girl out...

I say do it anyway. Not only could it potentially hurt more, but hey, you never know.

My boyfriend is someone I thought I'd never be with, I told my feelings about him months ago, and now we go together like a hotdog and a bun.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I asked a girl out...

Swamp, listen to me, if Gurren Lagann taught me anything, it was several inpirational quotes, so don't believe in the me who believes you, don't believe in the you who believes in me. Believe in the you that believes in you!
Because there was once a Swamp that believed in himself, and that's the Swamp you need to believe in!

I don't know anyone that changes their relationship status on Facebook tbh
And if she lied to you, she isn't worth your time
You deserve better

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767

To be fair, maybe she didn't want to show off that she was in a relationship. I see many people with profile pics with the people they are in a relationship with, and maybe she just felt those kinds of things devalued the relationship or something.

I of course don't know the actual reason, but just offering theories.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I actually wasnt expecting anyone to get it in the first place :p
try try again made it super obvious because I know its name since it;s a track from the paper mariostage in ssb4.

That;s how I learned the name and I do listen to DT ost from time to time and I do recall seeing never let it up.

DT ost is good btw, I just dont; like the style, but so far, paper jam < DT, DT sounds much better so far and paper jam has good ones too.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
try try again made it super obvious because I know its name since it;s a track from the paper mariostage in ssb4.

That;s how I learned the name and I do listen to DT ost from time to time and I do recall seeing never let it up.

DT ost is good btw, I just dont; like the style, but so far, paper jam < DT, DT sounds much better so far and paper jam has good ones too.
Let me tell you, out of all the battle themes they could have picked, Try Try Again was my least favorite option. Really, Victory in the Dream World, Never Let Up, or Adventure's End would have been golden. At least we got Grand Finale...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
How long are these awards? I want to know if I should watch or sleep.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Let me tell you, out of all the battle themes they could have picked, Try Try Again was my least favorite option. Really, Victory in the Dream World, Never Let Up, or Adventure's End would have been golden. At least we got Grand Finale...
I didn;t liked all of them btw, including grand finale felt WAY too repetitive to me.

But what I really don;t like abotu the ssb4 is the remix is really much worse than the original and not that i liked mucht he original int he first place....

There's very few m&l tracks i love, superstar saga battle is one, chalenging actions from DT is another, and DT has really great one like the pajama mounting (dreamy is omg!) the dreamy pillo castle and stuff, but m&l as a whole......I don;t have much that I realy like out of everything I heard.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Are we talking about Pokken? Can we have Hawluha already? Ge honestly should have gotten in over Pikachu Libre IMO, or at least came first so people wouldn't write him off as a hopeless cause because they share a lot of similarities in how they'd fight.

Sneaky sneaky. :)

EDIT: Does anybody have a favorite Fakemon design or designs? I asked quite a ways back but got bottompage'd.
I'm afraid that hawlucha will be a complaint for years to come.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Wow.

Look at the "Fan Vote" this year for the game awards.

I wanna know how much Sony paid to assure themselves the title of "Most Anticipated Game".

Literally 4/5 of those games are Playstation exclusive. Lmfao.

D

Deleted member

A new Punch Out game is as likely as Stormtrooper's trailer getting corrupted and being postponed
it's a lot acording to my friend

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I didn;t liked all of them btw, including grand finale felt WAY too repetitive to me.

But what I really don;t like abotu the ssb4 is the remix is really much worse than the original and not that i liked mucht he original int he first place....

There's very few m&l tracks i love, superstar saga battle is one, chalenging actions from DT is another, and DT has really great one like the pajama mounting (dreamy is omg!) the dreamy pillo castle and stuff, but m&l as a whole......I don;t have much that I realy like out of everything I heard.
How could you hurt me like this ;-; Lol, I think the music is really good. Superstar Saga has some really good music as well (All the battle themes) But I like a lot of the music in the Mario and Luigi series.
EDIT- Ive still havent listened to PJ music yet cause Final Boss Phase 2 has stopped me from doing so :p
Im actually just BARELY about to get Dream Team on the 9th of this month. Gonna quickly wrap that up so that I can play Paper Jam in January.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
You know what the worst section of the Awards is?

Art style.

ONE of those games has an interesting art style and you know which. Where are Kirby, Woolly World, and Splatoon?

Chrono.

Oy vey Sony.

PS2 classics are not forward compatible, so which ever ones you want to buy and you already own on PS3 you're gonna have to buy again.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Ori deserves every reward it's nominated for in my opinion.

Seriously one of the best games I have ever played,

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
How could you hurt me like this ;-; Lol, I think the music is really good. Superstar Saga has some really good music as well (All the battle themes) But I like a lot of the music in the Mario and Luigi series.
Im actually just BARELY about to get Dream Team on the 9th of this month. Gonna quickly wrap that up so that I can play Paper Jam in January.
DT is really good and idk why so mcuh people complained on it while I am here and i hated SO MUCH the l and R button in superstar saga (thank god touch screen is a thing in paper jam so never going to be a problem).

and trust me, i dont; hurt you because after I played DT, i realised it;s just tastes. The music in m&l tends to have a lot going on and it;s complex at the same time......and they tend to carry the same melody without much changes, that;s not the type of vgm I like.

What paper Mario does different is first, retro inspired so 8buit inspired notes so they are very simple to hear, but they are organised in a complex way. so it';s very easy for me to hear the music, but they do a lot in it. And they tend to be much more dynamic especially TTYD and spm.

Btw, exclude SS in there, SS completely scrapped that style lol :)

D

Deleted member

Hah, it's times like this where I wish he where here. :p Which he would've been a LONG time ago, but he can't because of email problems.

It would be like having two of me. :p Though he's not a loud mouth like I am, especially around people new to him. He is weirder though, but that's one of the things I love about him. :p :pimp::love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom