• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

DBS Manga Chapter 6 Spoilers
So Universe 7's team is now decided. Goku, Vegeta, Buu, Piccolo, and a Mystery Person who fought Beerus in the past (and it's not Whis). It'll apparentlly follow Tenkaichi rules, and there'll also be a test before hand to avoid any non sentient monsters being fighters. Also the origin of the Dragon Balls were revealed, as they were carved off the Planet Sized Super Dragon Balls. Champa already has 6 and if U7 wins they get all Champa's Super Dragon Balls
Kinda hoping they get Frieza's arc in the anime over with so we can see this.

Chrono.

amiibo Festival and Ultra Smash are getting trashed by critics lol

I mean I didn't expect them to do well either but goddamn.

Next year in a twist of fate, Federation Force ends up being a sleeper hit.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
amiibo Festival and Ultra Smash are getting trashed by critics lol

I mean I didn't expect them to do well either but goddamn.

Next year in a twist of fate, Federation Force ends up being a sleeper hit.
I think it's obvious one was rushed to have a holiday game.

The other was literally just an excuse to sell Animal Crossing amiibo.

I asked for Ultra Smash for Christmas simply because I knew it was not worth spending my own money on.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I think it's obvious one was rushed to have a holiday game.

The other was literally just an excuse to sell Animal Crossing amiibo.

I asked for Ultra Smash for Christmas simply because I knew it was not worth spending my own money on.
I guess it's up to Xenoblade Chronicles X to save Christmas

Someone write a Xmas song about that.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Nope, it's gonna be Smash again

Smash never fails. They're still advertising it after it was released a year ago.

• When your Holiday Lineup look bleak; Use Smash
  • When your games are getting delayed and need a title to hold the fans off; Use Smash
  • When you need a game where people won't be salty over censorship; Use Smash
  • When you need to sell more Amiibos; Use Smash

Smash Bros is love, Smash Bros is life. It's gonna headline the holidays again with Splatoon and Mario Maker

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So, Amiibo Festival and Ultra Smash are both being critically panned huh? Can't say I'm surprised.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

"It's an Xenoblade Chronicles X-mas,
It's better than the other games Nintendo ha-as,

People complain about a lack of slider,
But this baby is the lo-one rider,

It's got a lot of mechs,
And all kinds of tech,

But we're just here for the No-pon."

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Amiibo Festival honestly looked like more like Animal Crossing: Snooze Festival to me, it looked so boring, and I bet the only reason Bill Trinton said good things about it was because he was on camera and was payed to do it.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
So, Amiibo Festival and Ultra Smash are both being critically panned huh? Can't say I'm not surprised.
"Can't say I'm NOT surprised"?

Meaning you ARE surprised? :nifty:

*Hops into the englishgrammarmobile and drives away giggling*

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Amiibo Festival has a somewhat cute premise, but like unlike Happy Home Designer it's not even a spin-off of Animal Crossing that makes you go ''Yes, that seems logical."

Maybe they were thinking of the whole Life boardgame, but it's still strange that they basically made an Animal Crossing Mario Party that forces you to buy amiibo and amiibo cards to play it.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Amiibo Festival has a somewhat cute premise, but like unlike Happy Home Designer it's not even a spin-off of Animal Crossing that makes you go ''Yes, that seems logical."

Maybe they were thinking of the whole Life boardgame, but it's still strange that they basically made an Animal Crossing Mario Party that forces you to buy amiibo and amiibo cards to play it.
Another thing that I want to point out is that the developer, ND Cube, seemingly doesn't listen to feedback, a lot of problems that they've had in previous games they've been involved in haven't been fixed, such as the "Tap to roll" aspect of the Amiibo, the luck based gameplay, and features that are locked behind paywalls. It's very cute, don't get me wrong, but it wasn't well executed, at least, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Let's just say the words "Rubbing" and "Pleasure" are most appropriate
Ohboi.

Well AFAIK they aired the episode where the kids watched adult entertainment, but yeaaaah whut.

Maybe they'll just butcher the episode or something.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm going to buy Isabelle once she's seperate of the game, and I'll buy some of the other AC character's amiibo but I really don't see why they just didn't attempt to make a traditional AC that relied on amiibo functionality in some side way.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So essential you mean:

:troll:
Actually, I think it was a euphemism about something in the South Park movie, (maybe?)

Finding the right spot. With "rubbing" and "pleasure"

Except with a robot

It was definitely a euphemism for something, this is kind of just what I thought it might mean after thinking about it now

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I'm going to buy Isabelle once she's seperate of the game, and I'll buy some of the other AC character's amiibo but I really don't see why they just didn't attempt to make a traditional AC that relied on amiibo functionality in some side way.
I think that it was said in an interview with the director of the game that the departure in gameplay was chose so that people that couldn't read could have a better experience with the game.

D

Deleted member

I can't believe no one in here wants an Indian character in Smash smh :/
Heh.

They added a new character to that Rivals of Aether thing and she's loosely based on Zelda's moveset.

Apparently though she's OP as ****.

Best irony.
Are there any gameplay videos?

Last edited by a moderator:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I think that it was said in an interview with the director of the game that the departure in gameplay was chose so that people that couldn't read could have a better experience with the game.
Whuh?

It looks like there's a ton of stuff to read in Amiibo Festival. Lol.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Actually, I think it was a euphemism about something in the South Park movie, (maybe?)

Finding the right spot. With "rubbing" and "pleasure"

Except with a robot
Oh my gooooosh, please don't tell me Robonyan was involved in this.

I'm gonna have to try to find this in order to assess the damage.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh my gooooosh, please don't tell me Robonyan was involved in this.

I'm gonna have to try to find this in order to assess the damage.
Let's just say Benkei found Robonyan's "Hero screw"

Edit: It might have been B3-NK1. I don't remember. They look the same except different colors

Edit 2:

Last edited:

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Yeah uh, got to the end of the Genocide route in Undertale just last night after finally beating you know who.

I am never touching this game ever again. Nnnnnnope. Maximum nope. Not after what I had to do.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
So I dropped my 3DS stylus on the floor and it has gone to magic land. Because it has completely disappeared for some reason. WTF.

Yeah uh, got to the end of the Genocide route in Undertale just last night after finally beating you know who

I am never touching this game ever again. Nnnnnnope. Maximum nope. Not after what I had to do.
1. Spoilers
looks like Chara wins then. You're off to a new world to slaughter more people. Just as Chara wants you to.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah uh, got to the end of the Genocide route in Undertale just last night after finally beating Sans.

You have to play 1 more pacifist route at least

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
im still of the mind that we will get three characters after the december broadcast and then we will be told when the ballot characters are comming and who they are.....what i see them staggering the ballot characters to help support the wiiu through out 2016....i mean heck the last update could add custom moves to the dlc fighters for all we know
i for one want this. and also for sakurai to fix some of the current rosters customs such as DK, villager, and rosalina.

right adding custom moves to dlc fighters would be sweet
agreed.

I don't think we'll be only seeing third-party characters from now on.

It makes sense why they started out with third-party characters:
1. They need to negotiate the rights beforehand, something which takes time, hence they need to be prioritized
2. Great marketing potential, drawing attention from players and media alike, helping the game to have exposure even after its release

The order of DLC characters released so far makes a lot of sense:
1. Mewtwo - Very popular character with the option of being a free download for those who got both versions.
2. Lucas - Popular veteran character announced alongside Mewtwo's release date that helps solidifying that Mewtwo isn't the only DLC character. The fact his announcement coincided with the opening of the fighter ballot is telling that fan favorite picks are important.
3. Roy and Ryu - Melee veteran and 3rd party newcomer. One is a favorite from Melee and another is a very popular gaming icon, both characters being quite unexpected. The timing of this announcement at E3 helped draw attention as well and if it weren't for the leaks, this reveal would have a lot more impact then it did.
4. Cloud - First character reveal in almost half a year and an unexpected iconic guest. Being announced along with the announcement of a special broadcast, it's good marketing and has made an impact on players and media. This was made specifically to hype players, so they're confident that the broadcast will live up to that impact.

As with all of those Smash Bros.-specific streams/Directs/broadcasts, I imagine there will be multiple popular characters revealed along with a slew of extra content added on top of that. The stakes are high with how things have gone recently.
all i want at this point is an even numbered roster. preferably 60. come one sakurai....

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
1. Spoilers
looks like Chara wins then. You're off to a new world to slaughter more people. Just as Chara wants you to.
1. Sorry. I tried being extremely vague so at least people know don't know what exactly I'm talking about. I'll make a quick edit and spoiler tag it though.
2. I... gave them my soul, so the world is back. But I refuse to play god anymore. They may have my soul, but so long as I don't open that game again, it'll just be as it began... Monsters living miserably underground, waiting for a 7th human soul. That path from here on out can be determined by someone else, another player who still HAS their soul.
...**** man, this game is deep.

Soul.

It's not really surprising that they are criticizing the games.

They're lacking in content; maybe they really wanted to release them on holidays. But then again there may be people who like the games. It's fine I guess???

Federation Force releases and still has the awful intial reception it got from its reveal at E3 lol.

D

Deleted member

Sakurai just talks about video games. You guys are aware that he writes about other console games all the time...right? He has a whole column on Portal, Katamari Damacy, The Phantom Pain, God of War and so much more. His columns are probably split up like this:

Smash/ Kid Icarus Uprising/ Kirby - 25%
Game Design - 25%
Other Games - 50%

(His column name is "Think about the Video Games" after all :p)
And hearing this made me do some research out of curiousity. :p Most interesting I found is this, IMO.
http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/0...akurai-on-fighting-games-skill-gaps-and-more/

Sp basically Sakurai feels guilty for wrecking a couple with his one special move spammed. :p(Hey, I'm not judging, when I was a kid my friend's dad would annilate me, all I know were specialsI could spam, even that took time for me to learn at the time.)

It's just funny to think that if Sakurai was really into fighters like some us. We'd might not even have a smash bros, or at least not the easy to pick up one we got.(Which I'm thankful for, because of that I can play with all my friends, most completely suck at traditional fighters, no offense to them.)

Let's just say the words "Rubbing" and "Pleasure" are most appropriate
You got me interested already. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
1. Sorry. I tried being extremely vague so at least people know don't know what exactly I'm talking about. I'll make a quick edit and spoiler tag it though.
2. I... gave them my soul, so the world is back. But I refuse to play god anymore. They may have my soul, but so long as I don't open that game again, it'll just be as it began... Monsters living miserably underground, waiting for a 7th human soul. That path from here on out can be determined by someone else, another player who still HAS their soul.
...**** man, this game is deep.
The game is so deep and goes beyond a game, it psychologically affects your health. That's why I'm avoiding Genocide, I felt really damn bad when I killed enemies in Hard Mode.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Oh no, forcing me to buy figures to play a game. I've never heard of such a concept. :seuss:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom