• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration

Trailer for Paper Jam (in JP)

I marked out seeing King Bom-omb and the Koopalings.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
You have to play 1 more pacifist route at least

Without even looking at anything regarding it I feel like I can 100% predict what will happen.

I gave up my soul. Chara has it. Meaning I'm not playing as Frisk, I'm playing as Chara. Things are probably going to be fairly normal up until the end, and as soon as I get to the surface Chara is going to kill everyone now that they are outside the barrier.

Tell me I'm wrong.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Without even looking at anything regarding it I feel like I can 100% predict what will happen.

I gave up my soul. Chara has it. Meaning I'm not playing as Frisk, I'm playing as Chara. Things are probably going to be fairly normal up until the end, and as soon as I get to the surface Chara is going to kill everyone now that they are outside the barrier.

Tell me I'm wrong.
A winner is you
Because you just predicted the whole ending :p

1. Sorry. I tried being extremely vague so at least people know don't know what exactly I'm talking about. I'll make a quick edit and spoiler tag it though.
2. I... gave them my soul, so the world is back. But I refuse to play god anymore. They may have my soul, but so long as I don't open that game again, it'll just be as it began... Monsters living miserably underground, waiting for a 7th human soul. That path from here on out can be determined by someone else, another player who still HAS their soul.
...**** man, this game is deep.
well you could just hack the game a little and delete the flag saying you complete genocide. It's apparently super duper easy :p

Last edited:

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
well you could just hack the game a little and delete the flag saying you complete genocide. It's apparently super duper easy :p
A winner is you
Because you just predicted the whole ending :p
Haha, Thought so. Yep. No more. I have enough of a burden playing this game as is. I don't need THAT tossed onto my shoulders. ;-;

One of my favorite reactions to Cloud thus far.
Max's is still the best by far. :V But that's a solid one.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
If Wolf doesn't come back, that would be really underwhelming.
Wolf is my absolute most wanted of any character, veteran or newcomer.

I'm not going to be upset if he doesn't return, and I wouldn't find it underwhelming at all, though. And it's not just because I don't think he'll be back and I've accepted it. In my opinion, the roster was great before DLC, and it's gotten even better with it (Roy was a bit iffy, and I'd have preferred Wolf over Lucas, but Mewtwo was the most wanted character and Ryu and Cloud are probably the biggest icons of their respective genres).

One of my favorite reactions to Cloud thus far.
They're all fake and hammed up times a million anyway.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm about to fight Hentai Squid(Malamar) in Pokemon Y and my strategy is either
  1. Thunder Wave it and pray for the RNG to activate paralysis
  2. Water Shuriken+King's Rock and pray for the RNG to make it hit 5 times and trigger flinch
  3. Or pray for the RNG to give me a crit
As you can see, these strategies are unbeatable
1 like=1 prayer, please help me I am in great pain
And I'm gonna put ASGORE to play in the background to fill me with DETERMINATION

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
They're all fake and hammed up times a million anyway.
Max's is at least mostly genuine. His all time favorite game is FF7, and as someone who has followed him long enough to moderate his twitch chat, I can kinda tell when he's acting.
Meanwhile, people like Etika just scream around all over the place and do things excited people would NEVER do when they barely even know what's going on. :V

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I don't know though. I've never found the point behind reaction videos. Like congratulations! You saw something! The hell do you want a medal?
It doesn't matter if they ham it up, or create a "genuine" scream. All I'm doing is watching a guy watching something and then screaming.

It's just as bad as those unboxing videos. Why would I watch someone open a freaking box when I can do the same and get just as much enjoyment?

Like honestly what's the point?

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Max's is at least mostly genuine. His all time favorite game is FF7, and as someone who has followed him long enough to moderate his twitch chat, I can kinda tell when he's acting.
Meanwhile, people like Etika just scream around all over the place and do things excited people would NEVER do when they barely even know what's going on. :V
max.gif

This makes me crack up every single time.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Reaction videos from me would probably be boring. I don't really give a physical reaction.

My eyes may widen or something

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

And the battle has ended
I walked on to it knowing someone was going to die
>"You are challenged by Team Flare Xerosic!"
>ASGORE playing in the background
>I'm filled with DETERMINATION
>"Xerosic sent out Crobat"
>"Zoroarking sent out rdg12193(Electrode)"
>"Electrode used Thunderbolt! It's super effective!"
>Crobat survives
>"Crobat ised Cross Poison! A critical hit!"
>Gets down to yellow HP
>"Electrode used Thunderbolt! Crobat fainted!"
>"Xerosic is about to send out Malamar"
>Here comes the main course
>"Will you switch your Pokemon?"
>Looks at Pokemon list
>There is only one way out of this
>"Keep in battle"
>I'm sorry
>"Xerosic sent out Malamar"
>I'm so sorry
>"Electrode used Thunder Wave! Malamar is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!"
>press A to pray to the RNG
>"Malamar used Superpower!"
>****
>"Electrode fainted!"
>**** NO
>"Malamar's Attack raised! Malamar's Defense raised!"
>****ING **** PLEASE NO
>"Zoroarking sent out Solfiner(Amoonguss)!"
>"Amoonguss used Clear Smog! Malamar's stat changes returned to normal!"
>this is it...
>"Malamar..."
>another one down
>...
>..
>.
>"suddenly, a strange light fills the room"
>"Malamar is paralyzed! It can't move!"
>WAIT WHAT?
>"You feel your Pokemon's spirit giving their all to hold the beast down!"
>"It fills you with determination!"
>"Amoonguss used Giga Drain!"
>Yes
>"Amoonguss used Giga Drain!"
>YES
>"AMOONGUSS USED GIGA DRAIN!"
>"Malamar fainted!"
>"You defeated Team Flare Xerosic!"
>YES
>E
>S
>...
>"You feel as if the Pokemon's spirit can rest now..."
>"...knowing that you survived..."
>....
Next time! We fight Lysandre! Two times! And a Mega Gyarados! With an Amoonguss and a Greninja! And I think I'm gonna cry!

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
So, how hard to find is a Charizard amiibo? Was finally able to pick one up the other day because my Walmart had two. But he's not on Walmart's site and prior to this I could only find him on ebay at a reasonable price.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I don't know though. I've never found the point behind reaction videos. Like congratulations! You saw something! The hell do you want a medal?
It doesn't matter if they ham it up, or create a "genuine" scream. All I'm doing is watching a guy watching something and then screaming.

It's just as bad as those unboxing videos. Why would I watch someone open a freaking box when I can do the same and get just as much enjoyment?

Like honestly what's the point?
To me, watching a Reaction video is like watching an LP, the only difference being that one uses a small video, while the other uses a game. We get to see the reactions and emotions of the viewer/player and we as people like that.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, how hard to find is a Charizard amiibo? Was finally able to pick one up the other day because my Walmart had two. But he's not on Walmart's site and prior to this I could only find him on ebay at a reasonable price.
I've found a bunch of him at a number of stores

It's friggin' Dedede that I wonder why he's so rare

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I've found a bunch of him at a number of stores

It's friggin' Dedede that I wonder why he's so rare
Tell me about it...the last Dedede "restock" at GameStop was awful...my store literally got none. Managed to get Ness that day though.

Kirby in general, really. Like, I can somewhat understand Meta Knight, being a store exclusive at Best Buy and all, but the fact that Dedede's so rare and Kirby's basically impossible to find now just seems odd.

Honestly the characters most in need of an amiibo restock are Kirby, Dedede, Samus, Robin, and Lucina. Out of those I only have Kirby. :laugh:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I think it's easy to take some of these 3rd Party additions for granted. When you think of the effort it takes to even add one guest like that, Sakurai has added a total of 5 so far in just this one game. Major props to him, this is without a doubt the greatest character roster of any game, ever.

D

Deleted member

Looks really interesting tbh. Wonder if Explorers will be good
I'm not a fan of Monster Hunter's gameplay so I'm not that interested in Explorers
But why don't we have a traditional FF game with all these classes?
When was the last time we even got a FF game with as much freedom in party building?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm not a fan of Monster Hunter's gameplay so I'm not that interested in Explorers
When was the last time we even got a FF game with as much freedom in party building?
I can imagine traditional ones would be hard to do, especially with that Time Mage thing. Though doesn't FFV have a large variety of class changing?

Chrono.

Isn't Bravely Default pretty much the successor FF games like that?

FF3DS had a lot of classes too.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd like a traditional RPG with lots of classes and the races of Ivalice with multiple races you can choose for your characters

Perfect FF game

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
So, Amiibo Festival and Ultra Smash are both being critically panned huh? Can't say I'm not surprised.
You can't say you're not surprised? Meaning you can't because it's not true, which means you ARE surprised? That's confusing! haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom