• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I think Capcom will get three reps before Sega gets two. Their series are a lot stronger than anything Sega, with the exception of another Sonic character.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Not surprised really lol XD :p
Wait that's out?

Wait...

The 13th? It came out then? I had no idea.

That's a bad sign...

Still, it seems that some people like it.

Perhaps it found a niche?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If Sonic could get a costume of some other characters I think that would be good enough.

Maybe ...metal sonic since he's already played the part of a sonic clone in SA's

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
With all this talk of Banjo-Kazooie, I'm going to have to play both Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie through again.

Too bad they're not Nintendo characters, then. :p
There were. Kinda. At least co-owned..

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, did anything happen in these 7 pages or so or was it just running in circles with 3rd parties debates?
*Looks it up:
Level 62
Well ****
Yeah you might be in for some trouble. Do you have any other team members you could add in? I know nuzlockes usually have reserve members from each route that can be added in once someone dies.
Sorry for the late reply
Uh, well, I'm pretty much dead then
The other highest leveled Pokemon I have are a Slowpoke and a Mr. Mime at around Lv. 25
And I'm definitely not grinding
I'm gonna go to the move reminder and see if there is anything that can sace my ass

Shroob

Sup?
So, did anything happen in these 7 pages or so or was it just running in circles with 3rd parties debates?

Sorry for the late reply
Uh, well, I'm pretty much dead then
The other highest leveled Pokemon I have are a Slowpoke and a Mr. Mime at around Lv. 25
And I'm definitely not grinding
I'm gonna go to the move reminder and see if there is anything that can sace my ***
We went from Master Chief, to Steve from Minecraft, to Warcraft.

Smash is one helluva drug.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
OMG

Episode 23 of Yokai Watch

I don't think it's going to come to America

I don't think they can show that in a children's cartoon

D

Deleted member

The one and only concern I have with :4cloud:is that the idea to have indie characters like Quote, Shovel Knight, and especially pretty Shantae will now appear so lame... :(

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
The one and only concern I have with :4cloud:is that the idea to have indie characters like Quote, Shovel Knight, and especially pretty Shantae will now appear so lame... :(
I feel like Nintendo isn't going to put the indie characters in now it just may be big characters and I also believe the next ones will shock everyone lol

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I have a feeling we're done with shock characters.

I think we'll just go back to Nintendo characters.

I love 3rd parties but I think we've got enough now... although I wouldn't say no to Banjo or Bomberman.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
At this point, its like....

Why Indie characters?

Nintendo can afford the big leagues and has shown interest in getting them.

Indies lost their luster.

Sorry guys.

Shroob

Sup?

Why Indie characters?

Sorry guys.
Honestly, this.

While I don't expect another big name on the same level as Cloud in the coming Direct, I just can't see any Indies getting in this time. Cloud kinda sets the bar REALLY HIGH for 3rd parties.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Why Indie characters?

Sorry guys.
I always thought we shouldn't count out the indies, even if they aren't as iconic.

Until Cloud was revealed.

Shroob

Sup?
As far as the Direct is concerned, I honestly feel like at least one of the characters we get will be a first party newcomer. We've gotten 0 first party newcomers, so I expect at least ONE before the DLC train ends.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
So news time: police raid in Paris, they captured 3 terrorists, 2 landlords of theyr apparetments and 3 suspects with unknown affiliation. Fatalities include 2 terrorists and 1 police dog. Police officers reported slightly injured, but nothing life threatening.

Hopefully they'l squeeze something valuable out of the suspects.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So news time: police raid in Paris, they captured 3 terrorists, 2 landlords of theyr apparetments and 3 suspects with unknown affiliation. Fatalities include 2 terrorists and 1 police dog. Police officers reported slightly injured, but nothing life threatening.

Hopefully they'l squeeze something valuable out of the suspects.
Rest in peace, Police Dog.

You're as brave as your human comrades.

You died fighting to protect.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Well the fact that we have a 6th 3rd Party character throughout Smash and it's another video game icon should at least put more doubt on the possibility of indie characters being added.

Honestly if Shovel Knight (or any other indie character) was coming, I can't see any feasible way that they wouldn't have been announced in Cloud's place. Dumping an unknown character on us makes no sense from a business perspective.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I feel like in order to really shock us from here (Smash 5), he'd have to pull out a character that doesn't originate in a video game AKA Goku.

With Cloud, no one is off limits.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Well the fact that we have a 6th 3rd Party character throughout Smash and it's another video game icon should at least put more doubt on the possibility of indie characters being added.

Honestly if Shovel Knight (or any other indie character) was coming, I can't see any feasible way that they wouldn't have been announced in Cloud's place. Dumping an unknown character on us makes no sense from a business perspective.
To be fair, we dont know if all three will be released in December. They could just announce them and release them later. We are just speculating that they will release three as it'll follow the same pattern as the New Content Approaching broadcast. I think it's likely they will dump all three, but it's not a guarantee. But I agree, I've been saying indies don't fit in Smash since April.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
im still of the mind that we will get three characters after the december broadcast and then we will be told when the ballot characters are comming and who they are.....what i see them staggering the ballot characters to help support the wiiu through out 2016....i mean heck the last update could add custom moves to the dlc fighters for all we know

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
im still of the mind that we will get three characters after the december broadcast and then we will be told when the ballot characters are comming and who they are.....what i see them staggering the ballot characters to help support the wiiu through out 2016....i mean heck the last update could add custom moves to the dlc fighters for all we know
right adding custom moves to dlc fighters would be sweet

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
In regards to the December broadcast, my most optimistic/hopeful view is that we get 1~2 characters along with Cloud similar to the E3 presentation. Towards the end, Sakurai talks about the ballot and teases a few more characters for 2016.

My pessimistic/cynical view is that the last wave of DLC is this December, with all the content revealed then being the last, finishing with Sakurai thanking for the support. All characters revealed have, as such, influence from the ballot.

Honestly, I still think it's a bit early for releasing full-on ballot characters considering it ended on October. However, some of the next characters may be influenced by early results of the ballot, with a later wave chosen from the final results, also benefiting from the fact a few ballot choices, potentially the most popular since the beginning, would already be out of the way (i.e. added to the game).

This way, ballot characters overall would be influenced by its results for two moments of its running time.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Speaking of badge arcade:

Looks like we will get all of the pokemon ones all the way up to the ones Japan got last week. Which is cool because there are a lot you can win.
Igglypuff but no Jigglypuff?:p
That is a reason why I'm okay with Cloud being in, despite not particularly caring about him and preferring Black Mage. Cloud further proves that third-party characters gets in based on their individual merits and not for the sake of repping stuff, which makes the whole "indie rep" argument moot.

Why Indie characters?

Sorry guys.
I've been having this attitude towards indie characters for a while. The reason why we got Ryu and Cloud as DLC is that these third-party characters would be more profitable to Nintendo than all of the majroly requested Nintendo characters even when the profits are split up.

As for Banjo... he's about as well known as K. Rool and they are about as popular as each other when it comes to fan requests and potential hype.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
In regards to the December broadcast, my most optimistic/hopeful view is that we get 1~2 characters along with Cloud similar to the E3 presentation. Towards the end, Sakurai talks about the ballot and teases a few more characters for 2016.

My pessimistic/cynical view is that the last wave of DLC is this December, with all the content revealed then being the last, finishing with Sakurai thanking for the support. All characters revealed have, as such, influence from the ballot.

Honestly, I still think it's a bit early for releasing full-on ballot characters considering it ended on October. However, some of the next characters may be influenced by early results of the ballot, with a later wave chosen from the final results, also benefiting from the fact a few ballot choices, potentially the most popular since the beginning, would already be out of the way (i.e. added to the game).

This way, ballot characters overall would be influenced by its results for two moments of its running time.
This is almost exactly how I feel. A scenario where we get a Mewtwo style reveal with the ballot character(s) is just as plausible to me as a scenario where the DLC is all released in December and it ends then and there.

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman

...I'm very glad you said this I wasn't the only one thinking this thank you Frostwraith :D
This is almost exactly how I feel. A scenario where we get a Mewtwo style reveal with the ballot character(s) is just as plausible to me as a scenario where the DLC is all released in December and it ends then and there.
agreed

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Just saw how the TSA has barely changed, they still have a 95 percent failure rate. On a test run? A box cutter got through.

The same thing that they used in 9/11.

THE HELL.

I have so many questions.

Why? How?

And better yet why are we airing this out there in the open for the bad guys already in the country?

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Just saw how the TSA has barely changed, they still have a 95 percent failure rate. On a test run? A box cutter got through.

The same thing that they used in 9/11.

THE HELL.

I have so many questions.

Why? How?

And better yet why are we airing this out there in the open for the bad guys already in the country?
Whenever someone says TSA, all I think of is this:

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
I think we are getting 3-4 characters in december. One of them is cloud. I dont think the other 2-3 will be third party characters. So far we have 0 nintendo newcomers as dlc.

My prediction: if we get only 3 characters then it will be cloud, inklings and king k. rool

If we get 4 then cloud, inklings, king k. rool and wolf or another surprise nintendo newcomer.

You guys are a bit overreacting since clouds reveal with third parties. Super smash bros is still a nintendo game. How would nintendo fans feel with no or 1 nintendo newcomer as dlc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom