• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
The day I see Steve in Smash is the day I die.

I would still buy him because complete roster.

D

Deleted member

By the way, here's something else to think about. Halo isn't Microsoft's best selling 1st party franchise.

Oh yeah, that's right.... Microsoft bought minecraft for 6 billion dollars.... Wait, how do I even forget about these kinds of things?

Ivander

Smash Legend
You should at least accept that Cloud’s in the game mostly for foreign gamers. The fact he’s in the game shows that your opinions mean almost nothing anyway.
I saw that in that comments page link and I was laughing very hard, just because I was remembering an English comment saying the exact same thing except for Japanese gamers. Yep, totally different communities indeed.
*kicks Kratos and Zeus off a cliff* Give me Crash, Ico or Wander anyday.
All this talk of icons, and no one brings up Ryu Hayabusa :(

It's alright Ryu, I still remember you
Hey, at least people remember Ryu. A character I like is mentioned much less compared to him. *looks at Ys games* And that series is like only one year older than the Legend of Zelda. And it's main protagonist is inspired by the villain of the legend.

Good god, I hate this nose leakage that I suddenly just got. And no, my allergy season has already passed.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
The only time I've seen some salt towards PushDustin was his views on Wolf's chance at being a DLC character.
You made me remind of an argument he had in wolf thread that really made him salty (and for really good reasons, people used an article as source withotu actually getting that the article cited push as source!).

But tbh......that;s the only time I saw him salty :)

D

Deleted member

I don't think there's a video game character I would enjoy having in Smash Bros less than Steve?.
Yeah.... Like I said.... As long as the characters are fun and interesting, I can accept it and have fun.... Steve is a bit.... Ehhhh...

Last edited by a moderator:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I don't think there's a video game character I would enjoy having in Smash Bros less than Steve?.
It's a phenomenon! I've never actually played Mincraft, but there's no denying it's impact on the industry. Can't say I'd want him anywhere near Smash, but once again, it's something to think through.

So Red Angry Bird > Steve for you?

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
I'd accept some of these arguments more if it wasn't coming from people who likely never would have considered Cloud having even a 1% chance before his reveal. All I'm saying is, get rid of your preconceptions
I wouldnt say get rid of them, but they need to be updated and maybe slightly more lax. People were making reasonable assumptions for the most part concerning likelyhood. As long as people stick to probability and dont try to 100% prophesy who will or wont be in the game then I dont see a problem.

No characters truly have a 0%, but some are pretty freaking close to it.

I think Steve may be one of a few characters I would not buy (not including absolute nobodies). . .it's super hipster of me but the thought just fees horrible to me.

Also Smash would not be Ezio's first crossover. . .
Based on the fact that the AC2 trilogy is one of my favorite partial series ever and Ezio is easily top 10 favorite characters in gaming I think my bias would let this one slide too >_>

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I'd say they look different enough. :p
Oh sure. If you remove the hood they look different enough, but they're arguably the most iconic with the hood down, which is what makes them all same-y. Without the hood, I doubt many people would recognize them just off their face alone.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Steve? honestly wouldn't even fit into Smash Bros.
He wouldn't even represent Minecraft very well as it's a first-person game, you never see your character (which is also never Steve).

On top of that, he would look so jarring next to the rest of the cast, because they obviously wouldn't make a new model for him.
Just...no.

I'd take 15 Master Chiefs before one Steve.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Steve? honestly wouldn't even fit into Smash Bros.
He wouldn't even represent Minecraft very well as it's a first-person game, you never see your character (which is also never Steve).

On top of that, he would look so jarring next to the rest of the cast, because they obviously wouldn't make a new model for him.
Just...no.
Well, actually, you can switch to third person in minecraft. But yeah, I agree. It's just a bit hard to imagine with how.... Intentionally stagnant he is.

Oh sure. If you remove the hood they look different enough, but they're arguably the most iconic with the hood down, which is what makes them all same-y. Without the hood, I doubt many people would recognize them just off their face alone.
Yeah, pretty much. It's much more the hooded assassin look that's iconic rather than the characters themselves. Of course, doesn't mean that they're not rep worthy.(In general, not just smash, such as how one was pointed out to be a soul calibur rep.)

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Source gaming staff has been arguing over iconicness and what constitutes All Star status for a week now.

Welcome to the madness Nitenzone.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What would Steve even do?
I'd imagine his moveset would involve mining for resources to improve his stats.

His main weapon set would be no body armor and a regular pick axe, but once he sets up a crafting bench somewhere on the stage, he can use one of his specials to mine for ore to make armor and weapon upgrades, such as a diamond armor set or diamond pick-axe.

Essentially, an Upgrade Character, if that's a thing.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, i found an English paper jam lp that got a part 1 uploaded and I didn;t expected much new, but I think I got some little things.

The toad might call the brothers weird to be "round", again, not SS overkill here because to me, it actually makes the paper dimension REALLY feel like another dimension. for a cross over, it;s really fun to see this :)

Nabbit stole all bros attack, except the 2 you get at the beginning of the game hence why you have to chase him to get more.

FINALLY THE MYSTERY IS SOLVED! Toadete is actually designing the papercraft, he made the on in her hand and says that the next she will do is a life sized one. The paper toad said they are willing to work with stuff involving papers......there you go, you find the paper toads to have them work on the papercraft that toadette designs, that's the point of a lot of stuff in the game there.

That's all, the lper said the second part will be up "very soon" so I;ll keep it updated on the thread :)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Source gaming staff has been arguing over iconicness and what constitutes All Star status for a week now.

Welcome to the madness Nitenzone.
IT SUCKS.

TAKE IT BACK!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't think Steve would fit in any worse than G&W tbh.

Him running would look weird though.

D

Deleted member

I'd imagine his moveset would involve mining for resources to improve his stats.

His main weapon set would be no body armor and a regular pick axe, but once he sets up a crafting bench somewhere on the stage, he can use one of his specials to mine for ore to make armor and weapon upgrades, such as a diamond armor set or diamond pick-axe.

Yeah, there have been characters that upgrade such as that in fighting games.(Like Arthur in MVC3.)

I wish Grand Theft Auto had a recurring main character so everyone would say how we need him in Smash.
Pfffft, nah, just have them be one of those multiple characters at a time characters. :p

Shroob

Sup?

So basically PW from UMvsC3

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
IT SUCKS.

TAKE IT BACK!
Oh man, you guys haven't even got into inter franchise disputes (Alucard or Simon Belmont?) or franchise iconicness vs character iconicness (everyone knows Warcraft, but who can name the characters? Is Gordon Freemen really iconic, or is it just Half Life?) yet.

See you when you're a bit further down the rabbit hole.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Good luck objectively arguing a subjective. I hope you know to reach a consensus you're going to end up with some pretty broad parameters.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh man, you guys haven't even got into inter franchise disputes (Alucard or Simon Belmont?) or franchise iconicness vs character iconicness (everyone knows Warcraft, but who can name the characters? Is Gordon Freemen really iconic, or is it just Half Life?) yet.

Wow.

You people are dumb.

Obviously Simon and Gordon.

Not even a need for debate.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Gordon Freeman IS actually going to be in Smash

as soon as Half Life 3 is released

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I'd say Simon over Alucard, and hell yeah on Gordon. That crowbar-wielding badass is an icon in his own right. :p

D

Deleted member

Yep. :p

That's mainly where the inspiration came from. :laugh:
Oh yeah, forgot about wright. Not because wright is forgettable at all, it's just that I had ghost and goblins on the mind when it came to 2D fighters.... Because of this amazingness. :p

The day we seriously consider Warcraft for Smash is the day I NOPE off the planet.
I've honestly never even heard the two things in the same discussion together ever.... Until this day...

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
To think.

With our minimum amount of characters, we break a new page on the site.

It's gonna look weird with just one character on one page.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Who would even get in from Warcraft?

Arthas? Thrall?

Grom Hellscream would probably work the best

But you know who'd I want?

Gul' friggin dan

Status