• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
the reason i'm asking is because ever newcomer DLC has had a new stage alongside them. if we have 3 stage slots left, wouldn't that mean we would get 3 newcomers? and couldn't more slots be added for newcomers and stages as well?
Possibly they could add more. But I'm in the 2 more left because of Sakurai's comment about how he can't keep the development team around forever. That and I want my wallet to be alive and healthy.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
We all love Banjo & Kazooie, but to be honesty Crash is a bigger Platforming icon than he is and represents a lot more of gaming history, being at one point more successful than Mario and Sonic and being at the center of the 64-Dreamcast-PlayStation Platformer Wars as Sony's rep.

He carries a much greater legacy to gaming as a whole over Banjo. Banjo's awesome, but Crash is the bigger character with the bigger legacy, and he has the advantage of not being owned by Microsoft or Sony.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
On the topic of the big hitters. I was reading the list of best selling video game franchises on Wikipedia and found something... humorous.

Watchdogs is on the list. Despite not being a "franchise" yet. Banjo isn't on the list. Despite selling around 5 million (I believe) and having numerous games.

Skylanders is also nowhere to be found.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_game_franchises#At_least_5_million_copies
Skylanders I'm not surprised in, since the sales I'd assume primarily come from the toys. Though Watchdogs does confuse me. Especially since it was wasn't received that well.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Skylanders I'm not surprised in, since the sales I'd assume primarily come from the toys. Though Watchdogs does confuse me. Especially since it was wasn't received that well.
Thing is, Skylanders should definitely be up there as the games themselves have sold quite a bit.

It's not even counted towards the Spyro series.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Did you make her brainy or logical?
I made her brainy.

Don't use her very much to be fair because Evermore gives me the right amount of cool All stat down inspirits while her HP absorbing skills makes her a bit of a tank. And I already have my Blizarria for Spirit attacks.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
On the snake and banjo debate. I feel that Snake is more iconic by quite a lot then banjo and would be better, but I feel that both deserve their spots in smash. However if I had to choose one, it be snake.

Chrono.

Thing with BK is, I've never seen anyone claiming they want them in just because they're iconic. Hell, whether they're iconic or not rarely gets brought up.

They're just really beloved characters and that's why people want them in. That simple.

Meanwhile, Chief is pretty much the complete opposite. He's iconic as hell and pretty much Mr FPS, but you'll rarely see anyone actively wanting or campaigning for him and right now the biggest reason he's starting to get some tract is because Cloud got in and because he's iconic... but that's it, he doesn't seem to have enough popularity as a character within the Smash fanbase.

And while Cloud himself wasn't as requested either, he's a hell of a lot easier to market than Chief because:
  • He's from Final Fantasy, even people who don't like 7 or Cloud were very happy to see him
  • Going off that second point, Final Fantasy still has a lot of history with Nintendo and their fans, so by adding Cloud you'd hit two birds with one stone (fans who loved 7+Cloud/fans who love Final Fantasy as a whole)
So, while Cloud's game hasn't been on a Nintendo console, FF as a series overall has more overlap with Nintendo and thus way easier to market.

What could this mean for BK and Chief?

Well BK could be easy enough to sell, while they are nowhere near game-industry changing, they are iconic to a certain degree and, despite their franchise being dead in the water, they have been highly requested for years.

Chief? Well, his case is weirder. You really have to ask yourselves "How would you market a Halo character to the average Nintendo player?" who would most likely be unfamiliar with the source material, unlike Cloud.

*I made this post on sleeping meds so it might be off anyways that's my two cents on this whole debacle

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I find it funny.

In the picture, the Nintendo characters are all on the left.

The short third parties in the front right.

And then there's the human like third parties.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Watchdogs did have quite a lot of pre-release hype however.

D

Deleted member

We've been having an argument about who is an all star on Source Gaming for almost four days now. Banjo and Kazooie is probably the most controversial one where people like you and me think that the duo isn't an icon, whereas other people (mainly @TheAnvil and Nantendo on the SG side) think he is. I can see this debate being the next Geno/ Ridley / etc debate.
They aren't really icons per se by themselves, but in the context of Nintendo, they are icons.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I've never seen Pushdustin do anything but give to the community, so I'm just going to take this as a joke.
Push is probably the only person in this entire Social I'd say has never been salty honestly lol. Whoever made that needs to look in their own magic salt mirror.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I made her brainy.

Don't use her very much to be fair because Evermore gives me the right amount of cool All stat down inspirits while her HP absorbing skills makes her a bit of a tank. And I already have my Blizarria for Spirit attacks.
I don't have an Everfore, but I do have an Eterna...

She's similar but more heal focused. Hmm...She's probably do good

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
The only time I've seen some salt towards PushDustin was his views on Wolf's chance at being a DLC character.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I don't have an Everfore, but I do have an Eterna...

She's similar but more heal focused. Hmm...She's probably do good
Have you been back to the
Yo-kai world?

Jumping off the bridge in three different locations gives you access to three different areas. And in the post game, each area has a couple of Yo-kai who gives quest that gives you their fusion item. It's how I got Blizarria and Everfore.

Where did you get an Eterna though?

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Have you been back to the
Yo-kai world?

Jumping off the bridge in three different locations gives you access to three different areas. And in the post game, each area has a couple of Yo-kai who gives quest that gives you their fusion item. It's how I got Blizarria and Evermore.

Where did you get an Eterna though?
Crank-a-kai

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Push is probably the only person in this entire Social I'd say has never been salty honestly lol. Whoever made that needs to look in their own magic salt mirror.
Hey, I fit that bill as well. I don't get salty really. I can accept any character in smash, and not complain.

Neo Zero

We've been having an argument about who is an all star on Source Gaming for almost four days now. Banjo and Kazooie is probably the most controversial one where people like you and me think that the duo isn't an icon, whereas other people (mainly @TheAnvil and Nantendo on the SG side) think he is. I can see this debate being the next Geno/ Ridley / etc debate.
I'll weigh in here. Banjo I think is absolutely a platforming icon, and his is a name that people think of instantly in terms of the genre Collectathon. Banjo I think is more than popular enough where it could be warranted.

However, I personally don't think he's a big enough gaming icon. Banjo never revolutionized anything, only being a further stepping stone in the platform legacy pioneered by Super Mario 64. Banjo not being in Melee and the Rare buyout were his coffin imo. If there ever is a real Banjo Threeie, MAYBE I could see it happen, but at the moment, Banjo is a minor legacy, and is currently not relevant unlike Cloud.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've been trying to get a Robonyan from that thing from a while now. I have no idea if there is any other way to get that Yo-kai.
Apparently he can be found in the construction site by searching trash

I've seen picks of people doing it

But Goldenyan can only be found in crank-a-kai

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I've seen him salty. :troll:

Didn't make the picture though.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
I'll weigh in here. Banjo I think is absolutely a platforming icon, and his is a name that people think of instantly in terms of the genre Collectathon. Banjo I think is more than popular enough where it could be warranted.

However, I personally don't think he's a big enough gaming icon. Banjo never revolutionized anything, only being a further stepping stone in the platform legacy pioneered by Super Mario 64. Banjo not being in Melee and the Rare buyout were his coffin imo. If there ever is a real Banjo Threeie, MAYBE I could see it happen, but at the moment, Banjo is a minor legacy, and is currently not relevant unlike Cloud.
So essentially you think Banjo is an A-lister, but clearly on the lower end of the A-list. An A-minus-lister if you will.

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
So I just saw this on Miiverse.
:confused:
If this is recent... the artist seriously needs to let this thing go. It was just a reaction picture to one of his silly posts, I have no idea why they had to be immature and take it to heart, bringing it up day after day. Heck, I don't even remember Push (Salt Lord?) being involved in it. While admittedly well drawn, this Miiverse post does nothing except display their ignorance even more.

Sorry if this post breaks a rule (talking about banned members, borderline flaming?), I'm really not trying to start anything. I don't think the artist is a bad person, I just think the reaction was overzealous, and I feel the need to speak up on it because it is one of the most ludicrous things I've seen happen in this group. Please NintenZone, don't let a rooster meme do this to you. :urg:

...On a different note, does anyone with Badge Arcade have any advice for obtaining the leftmost Chorus Kid? I want to complete my set but I don't know exactly how to shake the little guy off the hook. :dizzy:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I'm also changing my title to Salt Lord. It's decided.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If this is recent... the artist seriously needs to let this thing go. It was just a reaction picture to one of his silly posts, I have no idea why they had to be immature and take it to heart, bringing it up day after day. Heck, I don't even remember Push (Salt Lord?) being involved in it. While admittedly well drawn, this Miiverse post does nothing except display their ignorance even more.

Sorry if this post breaks a rule (talking about banned members, borderline flaming?), I'm really not trying to start anything. I don't think the artist is a bad person, I just think the reaction was overzealous, and I feel the need to speak up on it because it is one of the most ludicrous things I've seen happen in this group. Please NintenZone, don't let a rooster meme do this to you. :urg:

...On a different note, does anyone with Badge Arcade have any advice for obtaining the leftmost Chorus Kid? I want to complete my set but I don't know exactly how to shake the little guy off the hook. :dizzy:
Wait.

You know who did it?

PM me.

I'm curious.

EDIT: Nevermind.

I got it.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

So essentially you think Banjo is an A-lister, but clearly on the lower end of the A-list. An A-minus-lister if you will.
B+. Good enough to be in Smash, but overrated by the West in terms of chances and circumstances.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Already found the picture. (Which wasn't that hard. It was like the first thing that came up)
upload_2015-11-17_23-42-59.png

And I don't think we need to look further into it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom