• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Last edited:

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I'm not even gonna comment on Super Smash Flash and its roster, since it tends to attract as much rage from people as my comments about Geno and Anna do. :facepalm:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ok, I used to play Smash Flash, but is their an explanation behind some of these choices? I get its a fan game and they can put whatever, but it really leaves to question some of these characters.
Some were characters he made. (Blade and Blue)

Others were just ones he thought were cool.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Ok, I used to play Smash Flash, but is their an explanation behind some of these choices? I get its a fan game and they can put whatever, but it really leaves to question some of these characters.
Not the foggiest idea (yeah, it's pretty bad). At least he learned a lot better in SSF2.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I'm not even gonna comment on Super Smash Flash and its roster, since it tends to attract as much rage from people as my comments about Geno and Anna do. :facepalm:
Hey Burb, do you think Geno is a shoo-in now thanks to Square Enix having representation in Smash?

:139:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Hey Burb, do you think Geno is a shoo-in now thanks to Square Enix having representation in Smash?

:139:
Actually, Cloud's addition confirmed what I've been saying all along; that they'd add a character from one of Square Enix's franchises over Geno. With there only being one Smash Bros announcement remaining, I think the slots found from data mining in the last update are all that remains; and I think they're gonna be first party characters.

I will say, however, that I wouldn't be shocked if Geno got a Mii Gunner costume at this point.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I have always predicted that Cloud would be in SSF2, but I would have never believed he would be in an official Smash game for the following reasons:
1. Cloud is the holy grail of videogame characters and thinking about getting the license for that character felt like an impossibility and dream.
2. He's one of the complete contrasts of Nintendo history.
3. The community made him seem like a very bad choice.

I'm pretty sure there's more reasons, but I probably forgot.

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
Actually, Cloud's addition confirmed what I've said all along; that they'd add a character from one of Square Enix's franchises over Geno. With there only being one Smash Bros announcement remaining, I think the slots found from data mining in the last update are all that remains; and I think they're gonna be first party characters.

I will say, however, that I wouldn't be shocked if Geno got a Mii Gunner costume at this point.
Yeah. To be honest, I wouldn't be shocked about Geno as a Mii Gunner either. It kind of sounds cool though. But if this was the case, at least it is better than no Geno at all. Yet again. That's just me.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think it's a pretty safe assumption that they won't talk about the NX until E3.

But as far as I know, it's just an assumption.
Maybe if it was releasing in 2017...

But assuming it's not a window between a console reveal and release being less than half a year is pretty short, especially considering the window of the vague "codename NX" itself would then have existed for over a year in comparison.

I think it makes much more sense to me to do something akin to the XB1 and PS4 reveals, sparking the hype early in the year to have it spike again midway through (when the game reveal blowout at E3 happens) and carry into the winter when the console releases. I'm fully expecting that to become more or less the industry standard just as the two-E3s prior to release used to be.

I don't see what is so safe about thinking they'll go another half year without any more NX discussion. :/

Burb

The Absolute Worst

But assuming it's not a window between a console reveal and release being less than half a year is pretty short, especially considering the window of the vague "codename NX" itself would then have existed for over a year in comparison.

I think it makes much more sense to me to do something akin to the XB1 and PS4 reveals, sparking the hype early in the year to have it spike again midway through (when the game reveal blowout at E3 happens) and carry into the winter when the console releases. I'm fully expecting that to become more or less the industry standard just as the two-E3s prior to release used to be.

I don't see what is so safe about thinking they'll go another half year without any more NX discussion. :/
I just don't see them blowing it on a random Nintendo Direct or a press release.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Yeah. To be honest, I wouldn't be shocked about Geno as a Mii Gunner either. It kind of sounds cool though. But if this was the case, at least it is better than no Geno at all. Yet again. That's just me.
In my opinion, people should take what they can get in regards to him.

Asking for him to be in Smash is a pretty tall order, and the support he has is nowhere near the level it was back in the days of Brawl. I think people should scale it down a bit and ask for something a little more reasonable. A Mii costume, an appearance in a Mario-specific spinoff, or a return in an actual Mario RPG game would have a better chance of happening, I believe.

Especially the latter, since I recall it being said in an interview that AlphaDream was interested in reintroducing SMRPG characters (and have even done so in the past, in Superstar Saga).

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I just don't see them blowing it on a random Nintendo Direct or a press release.
It wouldn't be "random" though, they'd hype up the reveal in advance just as they do the E3 "Digital Event" or the others did their pre-E3 2013 console reveals. Even this upcoming Smash broadcast got some advance warning. If it just came after like a tweet the day before going "Nintendo Direct tomorrow" or something I'd agree that wouldn't make much sense.

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
It wouldn't be "random" though, they'd hype up the reveal in advance just as they do the E3 "Digital Event" or the others did their pre-E3 2013 console reveals. Even this upcoming Smash broadcast got some advance warning. If it just came after like a tweet the day before going "Nintendo Direct tomorrow" or something I'd agree that wouldn't make much sense.
It's less that it'd be "too random", and more that it would be too small a stage.

I guess I could see it happening in a hyped up broadcast like the Smash Directs or even the Xbox Reveal, but I'm just not feeling it.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Honestly, I dont completely remember, but I think it is Supports. I've only played the Gamecube version and parts of the Wii one years ago. I just remember that after some battles I had maybe 3 support opporunities and chat characters with high bonds got a performance boost when standing next to each other.

So I guess I want to know if the fanservice aspects function like supports or if there's literally zero gameplay ramifications (and hopefully very little story consequences) to avoiding or endulging in the fanservice...
The fanservice bits, as I said, don't really do enough to give an advantage over people who don't. The Amie thing does increase your support points a bit, but ultimately, making that person battle with another person like in the past Fire Emblem games is still more effective and faster than the Amie thing.
And while there are weapons that strip opponents, they have to have a WT advantage to do that and they are weak and alot of weapons easily surpass them in stats and effects. I've been trying to get a confirmation on what the hot springs do. I don't think they actually do anything stat-wise, but so far, I haven't found anything that says what they do besides fanservicy stuff .
So as far as I've checked, the fanservice stuff gives little to no real advantage over one who doesn't use them. And as far as I've checked out, there's little to no fanservice in the stories besides one scene with Camilla.
The only real major thing I've heard is that in the Hoshido story, one character you get will die permanently if your main character does not get an A-rank with that character before a certain chapter.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN

To be fair the Wii was officially revealed during an E3 and released the same year.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's less that it'd be "too random", and more that it would be too small a stage.

I guess I could see it happening in a hyped up broadcast like the Smash Directs or even the Xbox Reveal, but I'm just not feeling it.
Smaller than E3 perhaps, but if Nintendo markets it right it would still be much bigger than the typical Direct.

I mean it worked for the other two. Those got quite a bit of attention.

And ofc it would still show up at E3 as well.

To be fair the Wii was officially revealed during an E3 and released the same year.
True. However it was intended to be shown at E3 2005, and the controller was still revealed that year. And in 05-06 E3 was really the only source of mass media attention for the industry, and one of the only conventions Nintendo actively participated in, so Nintendo waiting another whole year for the reveal did make sense, but now they can by and large make their own schedule, and with enough promotion still have it glean pretty big numbers.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
The fanservice bits, as I said, don't really do enough to give an advantage over people who don't. The Amie thing does increase your support points a bit, but ultimately, making that person battle with another person like in the past Fire Emblem games is still more effective and faster than the Amie thing.
And while there are weapons that strip opponents, they have to have a WT advantage to do that and they are weak and alot of weapons easily surpass them in stats and effects. I've been trying to get a confirmation on what the hot springs do. I don't think they actually do anything stat-wise, but so far, I haven't found anything that says what they do besides fanservicy stuff .
So as far as I've checked, the fanservice stuff gives little to no real advantage over one who doesn't use them. And as far as I've checked out, there's little to no fanservice in the stories besides one scene with Camilla.
Since the weapons are just fanservice and relatively weak, I'm perfectly fine with that.

I wont comment on the hotsprings since I know nothing about it.

But it does bother me that Amie parts do affect support since I'm of the opinion that every little bit helps. I'd prefer it if Amie only opened up or modified dialog in a way that shows their increased closeness.

But I don't have a 3DS so it's not like I have to worry about it.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Hey guys, I made some custom Mystery Mushroom sprites for Mario Maker!
View attachment 83146
Two confirmed amiibo (Wolf Link and Cloud) and one that I am anticipating, Banjo-Kazooie.

My stage clear themes for all three:
- Wolf Link
- Cloud
- Banjo-Kazooie
B-but.
Cloud's been in Mario Maker since release :yeahboi:

Anyway aside from the obvious jokes.
Pretty cool designs you made for them :)
Would be wonderful to see them get in through Costume Course Update/DLC :p
Especially Banjo.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Did they confirm that all amiibo are getting costume'd in Super Mario Maker anyways?
This is one time where I'd prefer I wasted my effort.
Yes. Considering there's about 8-10 AC amiibos costumes on there.

The future ones I do expect soon are Chibi-Robo, Shovel Knight, Roy, Ryu, Wolf Link, Gold Megaman, Cloud and possibly the Miis as well considering they are the only Smash line of amiibos that aren't compatible with SMM

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
And so...

France has bombed ISIS in Syria.

A big meeting with the parliament tomorrow with the president very angry at the group.

War might have just started.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom