• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

Yes. Considering there's about 8-10 AC amiibos costumes on there.

The future ones I do expect soon are Chibi-Robo, Shovel Knight, Roy, Ryu, Wolf Link, Gold Megaman, Cloud and possibly the Miis as well considering they are the only Smash line of amiibos that aren't compatible with SMM
Chibi is already a costume.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
And so...

France has bombed ISIS in Syria.

A big meeting with the parliament tomorrow with the president very angry at the group.

War might have just started.
hopefully it stays on that side of the world and ends quickly.I dont think the world could survive/handle a WW3

Last edited by a moderator:

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
Yes. Considering there's about 8-10 AC amiibos costumes on there.

The future ones I do expect soon are Chibi-Robo, Shovel Knight, Roy, Ryu, Wolf Link, Gold Megaman, Cloud and possibly the Miis as well considering they are the only Smash line of amiibos that aren't compatible with SMM
...Chibi-Robo isn't compatible yet..?
...are you sure?

(He's Number 67...it's not like anyone else would know that though...poor Chibi)

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
And so...

France has bombed ISIS in Syria.

A big meeting with the parliament tomorrow with the president very angry at the group.

War might have just started.
I know this is no time for memes
And that I'll probably get yelled at for doing this
But this is the only thought in m' head right now

Oh no...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I sincerely doubt this will cause World War III.

Almost no one supports ISIS enough to stick their neck out for them.

A member with no posts and just joined today is following me now. . .
How the **** do they know about the follow function and how did they find me so fast?

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
A member with no posts and just joined today is following me now. . .
How the **** do they know about the follow function and how did they find me so fast?
Well, some random guy followed me under the same circumstances once, and just to tell me about some unknown gaming site.

Dunno what their beef with you is.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
upload_2015-11-15_22-34-1.png

I made Mr. Bunny Mario Maker Sprites.
Why?
I dunno.
I like the guy.
He's growing on me.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I am so glad that Sweden is a pacifist country, war terrifies me.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Going back to Cloud, I think the Final Fantasy symbol will be a crystal of some sorts as it's a very prominent element in the series.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Something odd I wanna point out before going to bed with the Smash Site
http://www.smashbros.com/us/dlc/index.html
upload_2015-11-15_22-40-17.png
upload_2015-11-15_22-40-58.png
upload_2015-11-15_22-41-27.png

Roy and Lucas' descriptions seem to be promoting them returning to the fray
But Mewtwo's is not only ditching the whole Veteran Advertisement, but the "Grand Entrance" makes it seem like he's a Newcomer of all things. Not sure why.
I dunno. Just somethin' t' think aboot.
G'night, errybody. :drshrug:

TipperTheScales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
31ghtb1ts3rvant
3DS FC
3437-3163-4791
View attachment 83164View attachment 83166View attachment 83167
But Mewtwo's is not only ditching the whole Veteran Advertisement, but the "Grand Entrance" makes it seem like he's a Newcomer of all things. Not sure why.
It's worth noting that on the news feed on the US site, Mewtwo is referred to as a 'new challenger', where in AUS and I believe Europe as well, he's listed as a 'veteran'.

I'd have to check the European/AUS DLC pages but I think 'grand entrance' is consistent throughout all English speaking regions in terms of Mewtwo's intro paragraph

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
To add to this, the scrolling header bar on the Smash homepage uses "veteran challenger" for Lucas and Roy, but "new challenger" for Mewtwo.

This is for the English version of the site. I don't know if this is true for the other languages.

It's odd how the website treats Mewtwo as a Newcomer with everything except a Newcomer banner on his character page...

EDIT: Extreme :4greninja:

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Catching up with One Piece manga is one of the best decision I made in a long time, especially when this is happening :

Bananija

Count of Trickery
What's happening?
Toei is milking it : horrible pace, crappy animation, in short, nothing happen. I'm still watching the anime because saying an animated adaption is enjoyable thought. Did you saw the picture in my previous post?
why is the first volume being slowed down?
Did someone throw it at Foxy? This only raises many questions.
Because Toei is making the pace awfully slow.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Toei is milking it : horrible pace, crappy animation, in short, nothing happen. I'm still watching the anime because saying an animated adaption is enjoyable thought. Did you saw the picture in my previous post?
Anime went down hill since the end of Water 7 imo. The art quality took a major hit, then later on they did indeed started milking it and having horrible pace.

I mean some parts were good, but very few.

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
You know. I have been thinking. What if the next DLC characters are only newcomers while the ballot winner is a veteran? So many questions have been on my mind lately. I am beginning to think that it is too soon for me to guess. Has it ever happened where thinking about what happens next in Smash makes you feel impatient? Happens to me every once in a while with all honesty.

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Whelp, I'm going back to Demon's Souls. Catch y'all later tonight

Because Toei is making the pace awfully slow.
I love One Piece but started to hate the anime due to how slow it is; it's DBZ level slow. Once I switched to the manga I never looked back.....though when certain arcs are done I'll watch the fight highlights

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
On the subject of DLC veterans, anyone else notice how Mewtwo and Roy's 3DS alt trophies in this game are the same costumes used in their alt trophies in Melee? Orange (though it looks more red in Melee) for Mewtwo, and red/gold for Roy. Thought that was a nice little touch (although possibly completely coincidental).

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Anime went down hill since the end of Water 7 imo. The art quality took a major hit, then later on they did indeed started milking it and having horrible pace.

I mean some parts were good, but very few.
While I agree it dropped down there, it was nowhere as bad as it is now.

Things dropped after Water 7 because they knew they could never outdo the glory that was that arc.

It's my favorite arc in the show easily. Every character in it is awesome (Kaku) and we get Robin's backstory. Awesome

Khoru

Smash Champion
I think it's going to be that meteor looking thing from the logo shown in the trailer.

(forgive me for not knowing what to call it, I didn't play much of the game)
yeah, it's a meteor
i think this is what it'll be too, but it's so silly
why is ssb treating ff7 like it's all of ff
especially when nintendo's actually had 1-6, two of which are considered to be among the franchise's best games

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
yeah, it's a meteor
i think this is what it'll be too, but it's so silly
why is ssb treating ff7 like it's all of ff
especially when nintendo's actually had 1-6, two of which are considered to be among the franchise's best games
You mean out of the small amount of content revealed that is primarily from Final Fantasy 7? I mean, it's not like they're ignoring the rest of the franchise; it's just Cloud and Midgar come from FF7, so it'd make sense to have references pertaining to said game.

Khoru

Smash Champion
You mean out of the small amount of content revealed that is primarily from Final Fantasy 7? I mean, it's not like they're ignoring the rest of the franchise; it's just Cloud and Midgar come from FF7, so it'd make sense to have references pertaining to said game.
seeing how much ryu had, i don't see much reason to get my hopes up
also the site specifically says "FINAL FANTASY VII : © 1997 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD." instead of just final fantasy
there's no indication of other costumes or whatever (as with heihachi and chocobos) so it's just kinda......

D

Deleted member

EDIT: Ignore this.
I can't brain tonight. I have the dumb.

Last edited by a moderator:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Been saying this for months. Roy and Lucas were chosen to represent Melee and Brawl, which makes Wolf less of a guarantee. Even in their reveal trailers Roy and Lucas have their veteran status mentioned, while Mewtwo has always been a fan favorite. So it's nice to see even MORE evidence supporting that theory :p.

This raises a question, though.

Will Cloud be in All-Star Mode's 1986-1990 set between Mega Man and Marth for the series' debut, or in the 1994-1998 set between Jigglypuff and Sheik for FFVII's release?
Probably with FFVII's release as Lucario isn't with Pikachu, etc.

Last edited:

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137

Will Cloud be in All-Star Mode's 1986-1990 set between Mega Man and Marth for the series' debut, or in the 1994-1998 set between Jigglypuff and Sheik for FFVII's release?
I would say 1997 part of the All-Star mode since Cloud didn't appear in a single Final Fantasy game till that year.

Last edited:

TipperTheScales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
31ghtb1ts3rvant
3DS FC
3437-3163-4791

As Push and DeathFox already mentioned, SSB4's order in All-Star is by when the character first appeared in a game, unlike Brawl where characters were ordered by series introduction.

Edit - also rip that awful round 3 in WiiU All Star it's at what 9 characters now? Actually rip All Star for the round 2/3 gauntlet overall

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom