• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
...That still sounds rather childish if I'm being honest though.

This. I wouldn't like oversaturation of Mario content but this stage NEEDS TO EXIST.
It has so much potential, and it's a key area of every Mario game. And now we have Bowser and Bowser Jr., and neither of them have a home stage.
Also for this:
Because Bowser has the best music in the games and we need more of that too.
or this :)

:)

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Before I started reading a manga called Seikon no Qwaser, I'd agree completely that fanservice wouldnt mar a good story....I was oh, so wrong.

Certain level of fanservice I can deal with. I just needs to be done properly.
Oh god, I think I've heard about that.

Yeah, I can agree that the line has to be drawn somewhere.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Before I started reading a manga called Seikon no Qwaser, I'd agree completely that fanservice wouldnt mar a good story....I was oh, so wrong.

Certain level of fanservice I can deal with. I just needs to be done properly.
Huh.

Wonder what that's about.

*looks it up*

Oh...

That's just hilariously bad.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I wouldn't say that's exactly the same since
Rydia wasn't willingly dumped there by Cecil, and the cast had no idea she was alive so it wasn't like they could visit her and thus she had no reason to feel abandoned/resentful. Also, the summons are shown to have more of a relationship with Rydia, so she had some sort of companionship there.

The kids are left in their dimension to be taken care of by someone they never show any attachment to (much less, are named) while the parents visit sparingly at best, and it's pretty clear most of them are bothered by it emotionally. What makes the situation even worse is that even siblings get separated in the process, so they're deprived of even that sort of companionship.
I wasn't talking so much about the separating bit as I was about the aging bit. For alot of people I've seen, they compared it more to Dragon Ball's Time Capsule thing while I was reminded more of Rydia in the Feymarch. As for the separating bit, they did have that reasoning of evil creatures going after the children(in my head, it's evil time traveling shippers who go after the child cause of their parents not being their preferred shipping or something less exaggerating), but regardless, I would've preferred born after the war compared to during the war.

Ikenna

Smash Apprentice
NNID
IkennaSmash
http://strawpoll.me/6017146

A straw poll about Fire Emblem Fates.
I might as well never buy any Fire Emblem games because I don't like turn-based gameplay. If I have to play any strategy games, they have to be real-time. By the emphasis on "fanservice," I'm assuming you're referring to the sexual/simdate category. The optional contents existing actually did make me want to get Fates at some points, so I will not speak against such things. The best overall ideal fanservice for the series is to introduce another genre in FE spinoffs, in my opinion. Something like Fire Emblem Warriors (Before the Dynasty Warriors formula got old) or real-time/action. Now that would be fanservice worth having.

Too Long; Didn't Read statements: No, not wasting money on a game with core gameplay I don't find fun. Fanservice content is too weak to override that issue.

Soul.

I'm not talking about handheld vs console.

I'm saying that if they are separate entities but they have the same hardware, there's literally no point for one to exist.

The handheld isn't going to be magically less expensive if the same hardware is involved. It'll be about the same.

Even still, if its the same hardware, there's no point in having exclusive games. Same hardware? Why can't I play Splatoon on the go if the console will allow it? Why can't I play Pokmon on my TV if the console can?

It's just a really dumb move.
My bad e_e

I don't think they'll have the same hardware though. It's obviously going to be weaker than the console as handhelds usually are. Unless having the same architecture = same hardware, in which case that's stupid from my part

Mobile gaming doesn't have the stuff I feel like playing; if handhelds die that'll be a sad day.

Honestly I don't know, this kind of topic only makes me want it to be 2016 already so they could show the thing. However, I do think I made my opinion confusing to read so it's pretty stupid lol

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
http://strawpoll.me/6017146

A straw poll about Fire Emblem Fates.
I'll think I'll wait to get them used as I'd prefer hardcopies/lots of other games in February. The fanservice isn't enough to turn me fully away, but after Awakening and from what I've heard from those who've played it I'm going to stay skeptical.

Fanservice doesn't bother me that much beyond thinking FE used to be better than that (something something Phoenix Mode...) and that I'm not a fan of the artist from Awakening anyway, but if the characters/story are interesting enough I could care less.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Huh.

*looks it up*

Oh...

Surprisingly the story (in the manga at least) was actually good. But that one "plot point" literally ****ed it up.
It ended up being this mix of Full Metal Alchemist fight scenes and Queens Blade...everything else.

Zynux

Smash Lord
And the worst is when people said that Awakening cause this when it was still rooted closer to the older games before Fates.
Well, they're not wrong.

Everything that people have been complaining about Fates is eerily similar to the arguments oldschool FE fans complained about Awakening when it first released. History is essentially repeating itself and I find it funny/ironic now it's Awakening fans angry at Fates, instead of old FE fans angry at Awakening.

I guess some things never truly change.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I imagine the NX will be revealed in the earlier part of next year with the majority of the game reveals coming at E3 and then the release in the latter end of 2016, so it really won't be that much longer.

I do wonder if anybody still thinks it's not coming until 2017 though. Cuz ur wrong. :3

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I imagine the NX will be revealed in the earlier part of next year with the majority of the game reveals coming at E3 and then the release in the latter end of 2016, so it really won't be that much longer.

I do wonder if anybody still thinks it's not coming until 2017 though. Cuz ur wrong. :3
E3 is early next year?

Honestly when it comes to Fates I dont care about the localization/fanservice.

I AM however interested in what they change about Soleil, aka little miss controversy.
How much will she be affected? that is something I want to know.

I hope she isn't awkward now. She looks cool.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Concerning FE/Fates fanservice not effecting gameplay, Am I wrong in assuming those scenes increase the bond between characters and effect their stats when standing close to each other?

That's how it worked in the FE games I played and that definitely sounds like it affects gameplay in a positive way.

Is there a non-fanservice alternative? Is the fanservice simply one route out of many that can positively affect characters?

I think it'll be either late 2016 or early 2017.

Chrono.

Pretty much my reason for not getting Fates is that I didn't find Awakening to be that enjoyable, it was just okay.

So Fates in particular doesn't entice me (that's to say nothing of practically mandatory DLC, which pretty much killed any interest I had left)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly, I have no problem with children characters but I have to admit the excuse they gave to have them in Fates is pretty stupid
At least Awakening's children made sense plot wise
And I would take unique characters like in past games rather than the children tbh

Is it the one they say is going to ve free on release? And which one is it? Please, spoil me on that
It's the free one, Xenologue #1. It's the one...

Where Corrin and company go to the future and find Chrom, Lissa, and Frederick being in hostile monster territory and they team up to stop them. It takes place right before the trio finds Robin. :p

D

Deleted member

It's the free one, Xenologue #1. It's the one...

Where Corrin and company go to the future and find Chrom, Lissa, and Frederick being in hostile monster territory and they team up to stop them. It takes place right before the trio finds Robin. :p
Oh, ok, that sounds cool but
FUTURE?
I thought Fates was after Awakening
Goddamnit, why does Not!Inigo, Not!Severa and Not!Owain decided to go back evem further?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
E3 is early next year?
Console reveal in early(ish) 2016, maybe one or two NX titles teased, 2016 release set
More NX game reveals, more specific release date info at E3
NX releases late 2016

Is what I think will happen.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh, ok, that sounds cool but
FUTURE?
I thought Fates was after Awakening
Goddamnit, why does Not!Inigo, Not!Severa and Not!Owain decided to go back evem further?
It's speculated to be the future because apparently Chrom says he's "heard legends about Hoshido and Nohr" which implies they happened in the past.

It's a throwaway line with quite a bit of implications.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
New legit text rumour this time with a friend who lives in Germany.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/72831739

Hello all. I come with news that has been dropped on my lap from a dear, trustworthy friend of mine. He is not part of Nintendo in anyway, but he knows someone who is heavily involved with this version. He sent me a lot of info, but I have managed to condense it into a list. He is also from Germany so his English isn't too perfect. Here is what is coming for the NX version of the game.

*SSB4NX will be a launch title.
*There will be nothing hinted at this next month.
*It will have all characters, including all DLC on disc.
*All regular/unlockable characters in the game will be playable at start, while DLC characters will be unlockable plus 2 additional characters.
*Pichu, Snake and Ice Climbers will return.
*There will 3 methods to unlock each character.
*Because Ice Climbers were cut, from the Wii U/3DS version, they will be available at start, while Pichu and Snake will be unlockable.
*Wolf is going to be an upcoming DLC character for Wii U/3DS and unlockable in NX.
*The game will feature both Smash Run and Smash Tour as well as all modes from both versions.
*Adventure Mode will be returning, but under a different name.
*There will be a story, like in Brawl.
*Stage hazards can be switched off completely, via the new "Stage Difficulty" setting.
*There will be a mode similar to the final match in Smash Tour. Might be called "Team Battle Mode" like in other fighting games.
*All Wii U and 3DS stages will be in NX, except for Flat Zone 2, with a good majority of them getting graphical overhauls.
*Summit and Shadow Moses Island (unlockable) will return.
*DLC stages will be unlockable.
*There are no totally new stages (yet) except the idea of a R.O.B. stage is being suggested.
*All stages will have 8-player Smash capability.
*There will be an Offline Tournament mode.
*NX will feature all trophies from both previous versions.
*There will be an additional 100+ trophies.
*Those that have Wii U and 3DS data can apply it to the NX version and it will automatically give you trophies you've unlocked in those version.
*The SSS and CSS will be redesigned and rearranged so it "makes sense."
*There will be no "extra stages" button.
*Custom stages will be MUCH better than ever before.
*Special Smashes and custom stages can also have up to 8 players.
*Special Smashes can now be customized for each individual character.
*All characters will have custom moves. He says Mewtwo is near top tier with his customs.
*Matches are even more customizable than ever. Items for example can have their own appearance frequency toggled.
*Red Shell and Fan return.
*There will be new Assist Trophies and Pokemon.
*All DLC Mii outfits are in as unlockables.
*Once you've obtained a certain amount of trophies, custom moves, equipment etc. the "Trophy Shop" will be upgraded to sell more than just trophies. Think of it like how Nook's Store is upgraded in Animal Crossing.
*Money/coins collected in Coin Battle is now applied to your in-game currency. The catch is, this only works when playing by yourself and you must win the match. Also, the lower level the CPU is, the less coins you can get. Coin Battles are also only limited to 2 minutes in length.
*There will be no moveset changes.
Each character will now have 10 outfits, which the exception of Bowser Jr. Examples include Mario having his Super Mario Maker box art outfit and Yoshi having white and orange colors.
*Its been suggested by multiple members of the team that Alph may become a separate character with a semi-clone moveset and has Rock Pikmin.
*There are still no character transformations.
*Balance patches will be pushed out more frequently.
*The only DLC NX will get will be stages and Mii Outfits.
*All Wii U and 3DS will be in, with even more featuring the additional characters. Event mode will get a similar treatment.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Huh.

*looks it up*

Oh...

I think Bill sums this up accurately:
(3 seconds in since the time thing won't work for me)

And that is how you describe anime.

Soul.

Didn't they already mention the dates for E3 2016.

June 14-16(?) is what I heard.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Concerning FE/Fates fanservice not effecting gameplay, Am I wrong in assuming those scenes increase the bond between characters and effect their stats when standing close to each other?
By scenes, do you mean Supports? Or something else? Cause I wouldn't really group supports with fanservice. Not to mention that there are skills that affect the stats that supports affect.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779

actually we wont hear anything about nx till e3 as has been stated time ad time again by nintendo ......ergo your plan falls apart and makes a 2017 launch more plausible even then its still a 50/50 shot they could spen all of e3 this year detailing the nx and its small game lineup (because theres no way it will have the launch needed in 2016 given the time frame and the 3rd party devkits going out not too long ago) but what do i know gamers love buggy messes (i mean they have to or else no one would buy a bethesda game at launch)

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
New legit text rumour this time with a friend who lives in Germany.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/72831739

Again with the ice climbers as a console exclusive of some sort.
If Sakurai refused to put them in because it couldnt be done right on both Wii U and 3DS, then why would he make them a NX exclusive? I get it. People want them, but unless he and his team found a way to put them on 3DS then they're not getting in Smash 4.

And considering a Smash 4 NX version would have little reason to avoid cross play, I seriously doubt they'd make the ice climbers that reason.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
actually we wont hear anything about nx till e3 as has been stated time ad time again by nintendo ......ergo your plan falls apart and makes a 2017 launch more plausible even then its still a 50/50 shot they could spen all of e3 this year detailing the nx and its small game lineup (because theres no way it will have the launch needed in 2016 given the time frame and the 3rd party devkits going out not too long ago) but what do i know gamers love buggy messes (i mean they have to or else no one would buy a bethesda game at launch)
Please give me a single official source that says they won't speak about NX until E3 2016.

All they've said is 2016.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I think it's a pretty safe assumption that they won't talk about the NX until E3.

But as far as I know, it's just an assumption.

Soul.

Its been suggested by multiple members of the team that Alph may become a separate character with a semi-clone moveset and has Rock Pikmin.
Meh. Why would they consider adding Alph as a separate character now. I don't get it.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
By scenes, do you mean Supports? Or something else? Cause I wouldn't really group supports with fanservice. Not to mention that there are skills that affect the stats that supports affect.
Honestly, I dont completely remember, but I think it is Supports. I've only played the Gamecube version and parts of the Wii one years ago. I just remember that after some battles I had maybe 3 support opporunities and chat characters with high bonds got a performance boost when standing next to each other.

So I guess I want to know if the fanservice aspects function like supports or if there's literally zero gameplay ramifications (and hopefully very little story consequences) to avoiding or endulging in the fanservice...

As a programmer, I always find people railing on bethesda somewhat bothersome. Yeah, bugs are bad, but the bigger and more flexible something is, the harder it is to catch bugs and (in some cases) apply fixes. I mean they're paying at most about a hundred people to find bugs for a few hours a day for a year or so. Compare that to the hundreds of thousands to millions of people who buy a game at launch and play for hours on end. Testers can only find some many issues in the time they're given, but it barely takes a day for players to surpass that time and find even more issues.

That said, I think there's a difference between purposely selling a busted game, but trying to fix it later in order to get money (Arkam Knight and Tony Hawk) and putting out a playable game that's a bit glitchy (Bethesda games).

For all the flack Bethesda gets, their games are rarely busted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom