• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Here's the fruit of my Badge Arcade labor.

HNI_0037.JPG

Honestly, if there's ever a Metroid set of badges and it has Sylux then I will gladly purchase plays. For now, I'm content with the free plays given through the training module.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I saw people complain about the strip skill in Fates. Did you forget Awakening did dumb stuff like this?
Not to mention Lissa's party hat
And Frost, you know you forget the characters in Kill la Kill were naked after a few episodes
All of those things, however, were optional DLC. That and the beach theme song itself is glorious.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I saw people complain about the strip skill in Fates. Did you forget Awakening did dumb stuff like this?
Not to mention Lissa's party hat
And Frost, you know you forget the characters in Kill la Kill were naked after a few episodes
I'll say that those DLC maps were stupid too, but at least had the decency of being optional DLC.

More of the same old otaku pandering stuff the Fire Emblem series doesn't need to have (neither does any good anime/manga/Japanese videogame). Of course, now that they got that audience, they'll want to keep that stuff in future games.

I get that the series was saved thanks to Awakening, but I feel it also alienates fans of the older games. It's unfortunate, but business is business. Between no Fire Emblem at all or pandering-ridden Fire Emblem, I'd guess the latter is better than the former.

Of course, I can also say that this otaku pandering fad that is omnipresent in Japanese media nowadays will eventually die out. Saturation is very much a thing, after all.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Nice K.Rool site pic... It's really easy to make this and it's nice after all.
But after the storm that Cloud made... I can't believe in K.Rool, or Dixie anymore.
Nintendo secondary characters are doomed. I will finally change my signature.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Pokemon fan games have gotten point where google translate is now teaching me german so I can play an awesome fangame. Is this bad?

D

Deleted member

FE has always been anime
It just keeps up with the time, and since newer anime have more and more fanservice, well, it has to be one of the kool quids
It's funny how people say that Smash has all the big names in Japan's Third party gaming like Namco, Capcom, Sega and Square but forgot one more sans Konami:

Fatal Frame, Hyrule Warriors and (unfortunately) Other M says hi

We ain't done yet
Something something Atlus

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I'm currently playing the cutest game in existence.

I don't think there's anything that can top this in terms of pure adorableness.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
FE has always been anime
It just keeps up with the time, and since newer anime have more and more fanservice, well, it has to be one of the kool quids

Something something Atlus
Atlus is Sega. It's like saying Enix or Hudson don't have reps.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Man i want this the rest of this month to go past quick so we can get to that presentation.But at the same dont because November is my favorite month

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Alrighty then

Gimme a G! Gimme an E! Gimme the rest of the letters! What's that spell? Who cares! I am the superior! I am the crane! :4pacman:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
We're showcasing badges? Well here's mine:

What we have here is a cult, a Mario cult. One for the great god "Kooplanis Magicana" as shown by the symbols surrounding his picture. Now for many this would be a horrid occasion. "Sacrifice?! What horror!" But not these members. As they are fully aware the only way to Heaven is through a human soul, much like how we drive cars.

And Mario seems to be completely okay with it, so it must be a-okay. Though looking at him a bit further he seems to be still and hollow. Either meaning that he finds this to be a horrible event, or maybe perhaps he's next in line to be offered.

But enough about the plumber, what about the mole? A shame really. His soul was corrupted after he denied the faith. And that's not good in the long run. Ergo, he was the one to go. Not that he minds. He looks like he's having the time of his life. I'm sure right now he's yelling "I can't wait to die!" all the while screaming and regretting life choices as the lava burns him to his core.

Not that Chompius minds, being in his executing boot and all. But he seems to be the only one. I'd assume a prestigious cult like this would at least go through the effort of having matching outfits.
"It's a shame no one else brought their boot!" Chompius thought, knowing full well he sticks out like a sore thumb. Maybe next time everyone will get the memo and he won't be as lonely. But I doubt it.

As you can see on the far left they've already gotten to one victim; being held in a box overlooked by Bombius. You wouldn't want corpses to ruin the fun after all, they can be quite nasty when pissed off. But it does beg the question: Why sacrifice one, or two (counting Mario) more? Shouldn't one soul be enough? "There should be enough seats!" One would think. But maybe it was the wrong model; maybe his soul was that of a Cube car. And who would want to drive in that? Maybe this time they'll get a Hummer! Or a Toyota!

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The more I learn about Yo-kai Watch's mechanics/attitudes, the more I regret not taking advantage of attitude to maximize my stats. I may have to restart with a new file at some point if I want to play competitively. Thank goodness for three files.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I just got the coolest book, William Shakespeare's Star Wars: Verily, A New Hope.

It's the original Star Wars written as a Shakespeare play.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I love you!
And I hate YOU for being so angry about the ESRB Leak way back when!
You are going to praise Dr. Mario and you're gonna like it, good sir! :4duckhunt:
<3

the hate part is a joke
the rest of it isn't
because that'd be inconsistent with ALL other Smash Games

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I love this page
2015-11-15 19.32.13.png
Atlus is Sega. It's like saying Enix or Hudson don't have reps.
Atlus was bought by Sega, yes
But they still do pretty much everything on their own
And I didn't see Sega credited in any of their recent games

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So I heard that neither Xander Mobus or Cloud's English voice actor knew Cloud was in Smash until his reveal.

I'm aware that voice acting is one of the last things done in making a Smash game but Cloud actor surprises me more.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
I just got the coolest book, William Shakespeare's Star Wars: Verily, A New Hope.

It's the original Star Wars written as a Shakespeare play.
I saw that in a bookstore once (hurray for reading!) and thought it was pretty interesting.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I love this page

Atlus was bought by Sega, yes
But they still do pretty much everything on their own
And I didn't see Sega credited in any of their recent games
Point still stands, and even so, they were never that big of a company. It's why they were bought out in the first place.

Not to say I wouldn't like an Atlas rep (or a Hudson or Enix rep). If they were still independent I would put them on the next tier of Japanese devs along with Level 5. Fairly important, but not really a giant in the industry.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So I heard that neither Xander Mobus or Cloud's English voice actor knew Cloud was in Smash until his reveal.

I'm aware that voice acting is one of the last things done in making a Smash game but Cloud actor surprises me more.
Still, judging by how much Smash has been leaked I'm not surprised they're being a bit more tight-lipped.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Why hasn't the Nintendo or Smash Bros youtube channel put up Cloud's trailer yet?

D

Deleted member

http://strawpoll.me/6010882

A poll about fanservice.

It's late though. I may post it later so that more people see.
I voted for the fifth option.

I really don't see the point of fanservice outside of making said character more "sexually attractive". If anything, these are turn-offs and there are better ways to make characters more attractive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom