• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I'm aware, the YW sequel has online battles too, but it would be great to hear thoughts from competitive players early with Yo-kai Watch, as there is local multiplayer available. I talked to a SSB player like James Rolig on Twitter to see if he could try the local multiplayer and try to play it competitively.

Well, it didn't bother me as much when I first watched the sub, I thought it was the part of the original Japanese script as a way of introducing Yo-kai.
Hmmm. . .what levels are your team at? I haven't been doing any competitive setup, but I HAVE been wanting to try multiplayer.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
IT got lost in all the other announcements but has anyone else tried the badge game? I have and while I'm not too big on badges taking up room on the menu the fact you can put them on folders is awesome and much better than just the one letter.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Hmmm. . .what levels are your team at? I haven't been doing any competitive setup, but I HAVE been wanting to try multiplayer.
I'm currently in the 60s, not many people I know play local multiplayer or play the game at all.
I really want to give it a shot soon if I happen to bump to another player of YW.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
IT got lost in all the other announcements but has anyone else tried the badge game? I have and while I'm not too big on badges taking up room on the menu the fact you can put them on folders is awesome and much better than just the one letter.
What badge game???

Edit: Found it, this is gonna be interesting.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
What badge game???
Badge arcade, a free 2 play( with micro transactions) eshop game. One a Day you can play and win badges for your home menu. It's fun, but f you want more then one play, it's a dollar.

D

Deleted member

I'm comparing it to fanservice in general. If something impossible doesn't break immersion, how does a bit of fanservice?

Really, I'm just annoyed at people saying it's nothing but otaku pandering.

Besides, how is clothes ripping off when struck by a sword less realistic than the sword passing through like the Monado on a homs? Real clothes rip, even some armour can be broken, yet that's immersion breaking in comparison to indestructible clothes.
It is only otaku pandering. This is mainly to appeal to that type of crowd, there is no logic or reason to have it outside of that.

Thing is, it's not because it makes sense in the world. Monado's power does that, however clothing itself still works the same as always, and even if it did work that way in their world, the creator's intention come into play and what intention would anyone have to have characters strip naked, have beautiful and sexually attractive designs, in the middle of battlefield? I'll tell you why:

Harden :011:
Dong :4dk:

That is the only appeal for such a thing. Sexuality.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
I'm comparing it to fanservice in general. If something impossible doesn't break immersion, how does a bit of fanservice?

Really, I'm just annoyed at people saying it's nothing but otaku pandering.

Besides, how is clothes ripping off when struck by a sword less realistic than the sword passing through like the Monado on a homs? Real clothes rip, even some armour can be broken, yet that's immersion breaking in comparison to indestructible clothes.
Because "impossible in the real world" and "understandable in a fictional world" are two very different things and the latter, again, depends on context.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Had this happen earlier.
I got pretty lucky with my free play in Badge Arcade today.

I'd say it's a work in progress, but I'm just glad I got that last-minute save. :p
I got three free plays total today (two from the machine and one from a giveaway) so I FINALLY got Link on the last available day. :laugh:
As such, my menu looks like this right now.

It's getting there. I wish the Octoroks were facing horizontally. I can't use them in my current layout. D:

Also Code Name S.T.E.A.M. theme I bought a while back. :p

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
We've been talking about opening up the SG Choice posts for more input from our readers. If you leave a comment on SG, we can include a selection of the best ideas in the next SG Choice (which will be in 1-2 weeks). The next one is already pretty controversial among the staff, so we might bump it up sooner and even spawn a few articles from it.
I might get into a fist fight with @TheAnvil over the next SG Choice. It's been pretty heated between all of us, lol.

Soul.

Badges take up space on the menu? I thought they were more like background elements.
As in, the badges are behind the application icons.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'm trying out Badge Arcade now. Right now I've used about 9 plays(5 free, plus 4 from the training module), and I got quite a few badges, including the Power Armor from Splatoon. I'll decorate my Home menu and post it here in a bit.

Yoooo Indivisible just hit 1 mil.
@oni333

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Had this happen earlier.

I got three free plays total today (two from the machine and one from a giveaway) so I FINALLY got Link on the last available day. :laugh:
As such, my menu looks like this right now.

It's getting there. I wish the Octoroks were facing horizontally. I can't use them in my current layout. D:

Also Code Name S.T.E.A.M. theme I bought a while back. :p
Wait, how do you win free plays?

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Depends on what you are asking.

I'm on episode 10 on the dub version but I finished episode 2 for the sub version an hour ago.

I can't deny these sorts of things can be addicting. That is of course irrelevant. First, anything can be addicting, and things that are addicting can have certain people able to control themselves somewhat. Second, If people actually cared about "addicting things" there would be an angry mob every time a smoker or drunk showed up on screen. What you are implying is that there needs to be some sort of therapy session every time someone who is just somewhat lustful shows up. Now, maybe they could go into a reason why they act that way? Sure. But it doesn't need to be too much of a center of focus. You don't constantly ask your friends why they act the way they do do you?
You are completely missing my point.

I said that serious issues should be taken seriously. That's literally it. You dont need to sing freaking kumbaya at a therapy session to take something seriously, so please dont make an assumption about that concerning my beliefs. My point was that they shouldn't be made light of, not that they couldnt be used. And, again, context is extremely important. I dont understand how you can come to those conclusion when I even said:
To me it's just a question of how bad it is and whether or not it fits.
Yes, most things can be addicting, but you completely ignored the point and example I made about the extremity(how bad it is) of the addiction: the legit sex addict vs the lewd/horny person. And again, whether or not it fits is important. If you're playing Mario (Lets say SM3) and you finally beat the final level and Princess Peach burst out of a cake wearing nothing but 8-bit pasties and a thong and saying "happy birthday" can you honest look me in my digital eyes and say it works perfectly?

And yes, I ask my friends (and even people I dont know like the homeless) what they're doing and how they feel, especially if they're doing something odd. They do the same with me. It's called caring (God forbid I care about the well being of other people), so I dont see why characters in a game talking about things (their drives, emotions, goals) is problematic. In fact most story driven games (probably all of them) have characters explaining their backstories to some extent.
New Star Fox gameplay.

I really like the Japanese voices....except slippy.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
upload_2015-11-15_15-12-25.png

This is so easy to do that it's funny
I've just been ****ing around with this for an hour now :4pacman:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Shantae's voice actress is one of the voice option for female Cross.

Shantae confirmed. (Sorry if this joke was already made here.)

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
OK.

I really think if they modify the way badges are handled this could be Nintendo's next big thing.

You know how AC:NL and Pokemon BW/B2W2 have Badges instead of Trophies/Achievements?

Nintendo should let us earn badges in that fashion in most of their games and then let us use those badges on the home menu.

And then let us put our badge collection up on the internet for everyone who interacts with us to see.

Badges should also be able to be straight-up purchased in the same way Themes are, although they can be different Badge sets.

And exclusive badges should be given out in the same way as Gold Pants Miis.

And you should be able to trade badges with anyone on your Friend List.

The entire badge system should be built onto your console, with the badge collection as a menu bar feature and the arcade as a built in app.

Doing all of these things combined could make Badges one of the best features EVER.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
View attachment 83078
This is so easy to do that it's funny
I've just been ****ing around with this for an hour now :4pacman:
You monster, how dare you get my hopes up!
Nah its fine, I knew it was fake.
Opossum Opossum So I just tried that Link badge machine. I got 7 of the objects at once! I moved the crane to the end and it took out the bottom 4, then as it pulled back it knocked 3 more down!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2011/05/28/what-we-want-in-a-new-smash-bros

Guy got a lot of stuff right, pretty amazing really.
- Smash games on both 3DS and Wii U
- Nintendo embracing the competitive community more
- Tripping got removed
- Much better online
- Wolf is gone (for now)
- Mega Man included
- Cloud included

Some of this stuff was easier to predict than others, but still, not bad. But thank god his desire to see Wario and G&W gone didn't pan out. :p

Also this used to be my background for a while a few years back. Funny how it turned out. :)

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
It's funny how people say that Smash has all the big names in Japan's Third party gaming like Namco, Capcom, Sega and Square but forgot one more sans Konami:

Fatal Frame, Hyrule Warriors and (unfortunately) Other M says hi

We ain't done yet

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
It's funny how people say that Smash has all the big names in Japan's Third party gaming like Namco, Capcom, Sega and Square but forgot one more sans Konami:

Fatal Frame, Hyrule Warriors and (unfortunately) Other M says hi

We ain't done yet
What you talking about? I bring them up all the time. Brought them up in today's podcast actually.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
What you talking about? I bring them up all the time. Brought them up in today's podcast actually.

While I could see support for this, do you think Ryu 2 would sell well?? Outside of here, I haven't seen support for him.

And I just cleared out out the Zelda badge machine in 2 hits! Got all of them!

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

I can always trust you to be a based guy, Spaz.

And it ain't like he can't be toned down either.

His older games aren't as violent and keeps the streak going of making appearances in fighting games (No matter how much you hate DOA. Wall Combos for Life)

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
So apparently there is a guy who is "claiming" that the Cloud DLC will come out on the 3rd of December, despite that fact the screenshot he took can easily be edited to look real lol :p

Chrono.

While I could see support for this, do you think Ryu 2 would sell well?? Outside of here, I haven't seen support for him.

And I just cleared out out the Zelda badge machine in 2 hits! Got all of them!
He's pretty popular as a general video game character, I think he'd do well.

That being said, Hayabusa would be pretty alright in my onion

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I can always trust you to be a based guy, Spaz.

And it ain't like he can't be toned down either.

His older games aren't as violent and keeps the streak going of making appearances in fighting games (No matter how much you hate DOA. Wall Combos for Life)
Ain't no Blood in DOA. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom