• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

"Leo is low on health but he can finish this Ninja with Shura in Attack Stance"
*Vantage activates*
"WHAT?"
Was almost at the end of it too
****ing skills I forget to check, this is the second time this happens to Leo
At least that'll bring Keaton back to life

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I didn't play RD but everyone I know that did says the defense maps were terrible
Conquest Chapter 10 is widely considered one of the, if not THE, best maps in the entire series and for good reason
The defence maps in RD were not badly designed themselves, but unfairly hard as you would be facing Ike's army who was much more leveled up compared to Micaiah's army.

:231:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
"Leo is low on health but he can finish this Ninja with Shura in Attack Stance"
*Vantage activates*
"WHAT?"
Was almost at the end of it too
****ing skills I forget to check, this is the second time this happens to Leo
At least that'll bring Keaton back to life
Ah yes, Chapter 17.

Where hard runs go to die.

D

Deleted member

Ah yes, Chapter 17.

Where hard runs go to die.
Nah, Chapter 17 was easy on hard, beat it on my second try
But Lunatic though... oh boy
Master Ninjas have both Poison Strike AND Grisly Wound so they'll be taking 40% HP of whoever they attack
Vantage Ninjas
Lunge. ****ing Lunge.
At least Shura can almost completely trivialize the map by himself, reclassed him to Mechanist so he has the bulk, movement and attack to take care of the ninjas
The only problem is that I have to take it slow and the map takes forever
On a sidenote: Kumagera is a great Axe user and Spear Master Haitaka is ****ing cool

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh, and Sonic Channel's new wallpaper is out. Really cool one.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm conflicted with this one, because to me it's either:
A) A throwaway meme joke because the kids still like those right?
B) A commonly found, but still neat joke regarding the model differences between Awakening and Fates that so happens to have a meme as the punchline.

And I'd believe either one of them.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I don't see the meme in that NoE tweet. I only got the reference to FE: Awakening's lack of feet in the character models. What's the meme?

Anyway, and completely unrelated, Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress may be called "Hype Train: The Anime". Anyone who's been watching this anime will understand why. Today's episode was particularly stellar, especially that last scene. So epic.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't see the meme in that NoE tweet. I only got the reference to FE: Awakening's lack of feet in the character models. What's the meme?

Anyway, and completely unrelated, Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress may be called "Hype Train: The Anime". Anyone who's been watching this anime will understand why. Today's episode was particularly stellar, especially that last scene. So epic.
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/what-are-those

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Been a bit since I played KI:U but completed Chapter 4 (also fixed those annoying inverted controls)...Goddam those Reapers are even more annoying than they were in Smash Run...

But this music's pretty cool...
I'm digging this soundtrack...

Also Eggplants with legs :p

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Oh, and Sonic Channel's new wallpaper is out. Really cool one.

Maybe it's because Boom Sonic is just Modern Sonic with sports tape and a scarf, but I much prefer how Yuji Uekawa has drawn Boom Sonic compared to the other artworks and renders of him.

Still, it's an awesome piece of art, definitely have it as my wallpaper now.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
excuse me why is sonic doing the naruto run in promotional art
Sonic has run like that plenty of times before.

I could be wrong, but Sonic may have done it first. I know that when I was growing up, when kids ran like that, it was called "the Sonic Run".

Maybe it's because Boom Sonic is just Modern Sonic with sports tape and a scarf, but I much prefer how Yuji Uekawa has drawn Boom Sonic compared to the other artworks and renders of him.

Still, it's an awesome piece of art, definitely have it as my wallpaper now.
I'll be using it as my laptop and phone wallpaper too. Something about it is just really heartwarming.

Also, you probably like Boom Sonic more here because of the side mouth. :p

Last edited:

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
We all already know that new Pokémon Sun & Moon info is happening on June 2, but the time of day has now been confirmed:

10 PM JST
6 AM PDT
9 AM EDT
1 PM CEST
2 PM BST
FTFY. Probably won't be able to catch this one live unfortunately... :(

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Tfw people are talking about Vines memes.

I still see no appeal in those short "funny" videos to this day.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Is adult sonic going to be all blue? It looks like Sonic has hit puberty and has arm hair now but still no hair on his stomach or face

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Notice anything that's different on the following two screenshots?

Believe it or not, you're actually seeing my very first texture hack for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U; Flying Mario. And as an extra bonus, I made some custom portraits and a stock icon to go with him.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Jeff Goldblum will be the Grandmaster?

Independence Day 2 ending leaked.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So, some food for thought.

The sun and moon news falls on the same day the episode focused on the truth about Ash greninja does.

So it's likely that's the sun and moon news.

To further back this point though, anyone know what time the episodes air in Japan?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Jesus Christ, it's like they thought it was a good idea to take some tips from the totally radical Disney XD with their advertising.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
I didn't play RD but everyone I know that did says the defense maps were terrible
Conquest Chapter 10 is widely considered one of the, if not THE, best maps in the entire series and for good reason
I mean. They were some of the best IMO. Or at least, they had the best music. Although I won't post a link to the one track I have in mind because it's way better to discover it while actually playing the game, I can definitely tell it provided a fair amount of epicness and atmosphere, and Alight (Storm) didn't hold a candle to it.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Is anyone here can do some Smash?
I will like to do some free-for-all (1v1v1v1) and this place seem fairly actif.
So, do you think you are free for some casual match?

_Silver_

I don't even know anymore.
NNID
coffeeman65
3DS FC
1349-8695-1576

Jesus Christ, it's like they thought it was a good idea to take some tips from the totally radical Disney XD with their advertising.
That reminded me of when they made a post on Twitter about Slippy and dat mem- err.. boi

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
Have some Mario Sunshine.

SiIvagunner's apparently received a truckload of rips, judging from the playlists section.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

The cringe is real with this ad. We aren't in the 80's anymore.

Watch they have Eminem advertise Zelda U next year.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Have some Mario Sunshine.
And again, GilvaSunner teaches us the definition of pain.

**** that dirty river.

Literally kills you in like 3 ****ing seconds.

Even if it tries too hard to be hippedy hoppedy with the zaggigy zawgy teen taens, you gotta admit dat graphics are totes coral, amirite?

Damn Nintendo, back at it with those beautiful graphics. Spatzy, man!

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
For the love of God, what do the rocks and bait do in the safari zone?! I have so much contradictory info going about. Do I throw rock, bait or straight to safari balls?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Chapter 3 on Lunatic is RNG bull.

Seriously, there is only one possible strategy for victory, but it keeps failing for me because RNG hates me.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
One could argue that TMS#FE is cringeworthy by itself... lol

I'll give credit where it's due: I've heard it's a good game in terms of gameplay and actually challenging. The fact they have Japanese audio in the Western release is a plus too, I suppose, especially after the FE Fates and Xenoblade X fiascos (the fact their prequels had dual audio options makes it complete nonsense and I played FEA and XC with English voices).

Anyway, this is the most literal form of a hype train I've ever seen in my life. Seriously, I'm in complete awe over this scene.

Oh, and spoilers for the 6th episode of Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress since these are the last 5 minutes of it.

The animation, the music, the intensity. Holy ****, I loved this so much I can't help but share. Naturally, someone already ripped the scene to post on YouTube. :chuckle:

D

Deleted member

I mean. They were some of the best IMO. Or at least, they had the best music. Although I won't post a link to the one track I have in mind because it's way better to discover it while actually playing the game, I can definitely tell it provided a fair amount of epicness and atmosphere, and Alight (Storm) didn't hold a candle to it.
I'm talking about gameplay though
And Chapter 10 does all of it greatly, it's hard but fair.
Also, Dark Wastes is the music that plays on it, not Alight(I'm pretty sure that doesn't even play on Conquest)

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Are we going to see Enchatress in Thor Ragnarok?

She's like Thor's greatest foe next to Loki. Also having a female as a major villain in a live action Marvel movie would be awesome seeing how that's never really happened before outside of some X-Men movies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom