• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Two things I want to say.
1: Trading Birthright in for Conquest, my friend forgot I had to specify my preorder and made a last minute Birthright change, so I need to trade it in om Sunday.
2: I can't believe the definitive voice of Uncle Scrooge passed away... Scrooge is VERY popular here in the Netherlands
The weeb in you has been sentenced to death
Prepare to be welcomed in Nohr, the land of glorious map design and stripper soldiers
Don't get near the walls, you might get lunged through it

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so from what i understand bayo went from beyond brawl meta knight op to worse than pichu.....think we can ***** about this untill she gets buffs?

because **** every other character shes at point where she needs another patch to herself

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This popped up on Facebook and I thought it was funny.

It somehow reminds me of the Subspace Emissary ending.

so from what i understand bayo went from beyond brawl meta knight op to worse than pichu.....think we can ***** about this untill she gets buffs?

because **** every other character shes at point where she needs another patch to herself
That's a huge exaggeration.

She's still pretty good, just not particularly special.

Hell, some competitive players even think she's still "the best", but I definitely don't think that's the case anymore.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I just tried the new root beer pop tarts

They were pretty good.

I could afford 200 calories luckily if I calculated right
There are Root Beer flavored pop tarts now?

It's an interesting flavor. I'll to try them out sometime.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Hell, some competitive players even think she's still "the best", but I definitely don't think that's the case anymore.
Well I just found my new avatar.

Thanks!

Burruni

Smash Hero
I'm home.
Feel like hell.
Anything I missed other than another person dying I should know of before I go try to force this body to sleep?

So i went to play Splatoon for the first time since the game came out.

Don't know what weapons are good or bad anymore, and i'm not even barely used to the controls.

Well it didn't matter anyway because i had to quit, but I tried to let matchmaking try one

guess which one is me. :laugh:

Attachments

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
I'm home.
Feel like hell.
Anything I missed other than another person dying I should know of before I go try to force this body to sleep?
Well, you died today.

You were found dead last night with a knife stuck in your neck.

I don't even know how you're even typing.

Nah but seriously, hope nobody else dies this year, tired of it, too...

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779

i have yet to see anyone claim shes the best post patch...i think you made that up

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Decided to celebrate the European release of Fire Emblem Fates today by grinding up some supports in my Revelation file.

Some of the supports I already seen, but man, Leo+Takumi and Oboro+Beruka were worth the reads.

Leo+Takumi was great because they go from biggest enemies to BFFs.

The Oboro and Beruka support gets really good with the A-Support.

So Beruka reveals that her foster father, who worked at an assassin's guild, was responsible for the murder of Oboro's parents, and the reason he did so was because Oboro's parents were successful merchants and thus had close ties to Hoshidan nobility, so they weren't just random targets from the beginning. When Oboro asks where the man is, Beruka tells her that she (Beruka) killed him out of a contract once she started taking her own assassination jobs. Knowing Oboro feels upset that the killer is dead, Beruka offers herself to be killed; she says, "I killed the object of your hatred. So you should hate me instead. It has to come spilling out somewhere. You need someone to get revenge on. I don't think you can go on for long without a scapegoat."

Oboro refuses and tells her that she won't kill her because, while she is racist and hates Nohrians, she knows Beruka is a victim (Beruka tells her about how her foster father never treated her like a daughter, only as an assassin), and... well, I'll just show it via pictures.

I don't know about you, but for someone who is racist towards an entire nation, not wanting to kill someone because you know it's only going to lead into more hate is a huge... HUGE step. Admittedly, it's a very difficult step to undertake when you have animosity towards something, so to see someone like Oboro pulling this off is something I applaud her for her, and she solidified herself within the top 10 of my favorite FE: Fates characters at this point.

I guess that's another reason why she managed to make the top 4 of the females in that character popularity poll. I'd also say that this support conversation is one of the best in all of Fates.

And to further commemorate Fates' release in Europe, I thought I'd share an image for everyone to use.

Do you ever want to express the message "Are you kidding me" or something along those lines when replying to a post on an internet forum in some sort of entertaining way? Well, here is everyone's favorite Pineapple saying that exact line (it's from my Revelation playthrough).

I don't know, there's just something about Takumi saying that it makes rather... humorous. I want to make this image popular. That being said, fill free to use it!

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Decided to celebrate the European release of Fire Emblem Fates today by grinding up some supports in my Revelation file.

Some of the supports I already seen, but man, Leo+Takumi and Oboro+Beruka were worth the reads.

Leo+Takumi was great because they go from biggest enemies to BFFs.

The Oboro and Beruka support gets really good with the A-Support.

So Beruka reveals that her foster father, who worked at an assassin's guild, was responsible for the murder of Oboro's parents, and the reason he did so was because Oboro's parents were successful merchants and thus had close ties to Hoshidan nobility, so they weren't just random targets from the beginning. When Oboro asks where the man is, Beruka tells her that she (Beruka) killed him out of a contract once she started taking her own assassination jobs. Knowing Oboro feels upset that the killer is dead, Beruka offers herself to be killed; she says, "I killed the object of your hatred. So you should hate me instead. It has to come spilling out somewhere. You need someone to get revenge on. I don't think you can go on for long without a scapegoat."

Oboro refuses and tells her that she won't kill her because, while she is racist and hates Nohrians, she knows Beruka is a victim (Beruka tells her about how her foster father never her treated like a daughter, only as an assassin), and... well, I'll just show it via pictures.

I don't know about you, but for someone who is racist towards an entire nation, not wanting to kill someone because you know it's only going to lead into more hate is a huge... HUGE step. Admittedly, it's a very difficult step to undertake when you have animosity towards something, so to see someone like Oboro pulling this off is something I applaud her for her, and she solidified herself within the top 10 of my favorite FE: Fates characters at this point.

I guess that's another reason why she managed to make the top 4 of the females in that character popularity poll. I'd say it's also that support conversation is also one of the best in all of Fates.

And to further commemorate Fates' release in Europe, I thought I'd share an image for everyone to use.

Do you ever want to express the message "Are you kidding me" or something along those lines when replying to a post on an internet forum in some sort of entertaining way? Well, here is everyone's favorite Pineapple saying that exact line (it's from my Revelation playthrough).

I don't know, there's just something about Takumi saying that it makes rather... humorous. I want to make this image popular. That being said, fill free to use it!
The supports are definitely great in FE. I am currently working my way into the Leo X Takumi supports. I've heard they are pretty good. Revelations is also nice so far. I'm currently on chapter 22.

And here I cropped out the level up part of the image to make it look better as a reaction.
WVW69jMXYJ4F2GG8uy.jpg

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Remember when Star Fox was one of the more serious franchises out there?

This comic literally just throws it out of the window.

Also, someone, SOMEWHERE has to use this:
But it sure as hell ain't gonna be me.
Remember when Metroid used to be a serious franchise?

The Baby remembers.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The supports are definitely great in FE. I am currently working my way into the Leo X Takumi supports. I've heard they are pretty good. Revelations is also nice so far. I'm currently on chapter 22.

And here I cropped out the level up part of the image to make it look better as a reaction.
I too enjoy Revelation as well. The maps aren't as good as Conquest (the first few maps in Revelation were especially meh IMO), but I enjoy it because you get to have both the Hoshidan and Nohrian units together. I finished grinding most of my units to Level 20, and now I need to beat Chapter 20 so that I can Master Seal most of my units (I only Master Sealed the royals and about 5 other normal units at the moment). I'm about to start Chapter 19, so I'm about right where you are.

And that crop definitely makes the image look a lot better. I don't know how often I'm going to use it myself, but I have a feeling it could become popular.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Rest in Peace Allan Young.

You'll always be remembered as giving the voice to the best character with both a heart and hoard of gold.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

The Baby remembers.
Metroid Prime Federation Force would like to have a word with you!

And how can we all not forget the MP3 scene where Samus barfs Phazon after defeating the first Leviathan?

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So i went to play Splatoon for the first time since the game came out.

Don't know what weapons are good or bad anymore, and i'm not even barely used to the controls.

Well it didn't matter anyway because i had to quit, but I tried to let matchmaking try one

guess which one is me. :laugh:
I've been getting back into it the past few days.

At Level 27 right now.

Mostly just wingin' it, though, I don't really know what weapons are good or bad, I just pick what I think I'll be in the mood for and run with it. It. . .I can't carry a team at all, but I'm pretty sure I'm still much better than no one at all would be. I think there's been some times where I've definitely been a big help in my team winning, and it feels great when that happens.

I find it about the closest thing out of the admittedly very, very tiny selection of Nintendo games I've tried to KI:U, so I hope you do get into it a bit.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
There are Root Beer flavored pop tarts now?

It's an interesting flavor. I'll to try them out sometime.
There's also Root Beer flavoured beer now too...

On one hand it sounds kinda strange, but on the other hand, you wonder why it took so long...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

And how can we all not forget the MP3 scene where Samus barfs Phazon after defeating the first Leviathan?
Federation Farce only happened after Other M tarnished the franchise's name. So it would be cheating to count it. :p

And I don't recall that scene being humorous at all. Unless it were to be applied with a certain disgusting meme.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
not one of thoes people claim shes the best.....you did make that up
I'm just gonna say you're actively filtering things out at this point.

So OK, we will pretend that I made it up, even though the very first tweet there says it.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

How is that scene from Prime 3 not serious?...it showed Samus being afflicted by Phazon sickness and how, despite the PED suit supposedly used to suppress and use the phazon, it started to effect her physically...

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779

So OK, we will pretend that I made it up, even though the very first tweet there says it.
okay this is the first tweet i see
"This nerf to Bayonetta was great. I think she is still a really good character. The best? Probably not."

note them saying shes not the best

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Federation Farce only happened after Other M tarnished the franchise's name. So it would be cheating to count it. :p

And I don't recall that scene being humorous at all. Unless it were to be applied with a certain disgusting meme.
Obvious strawman is obvious. Other M did have some serious moments at least while everything about Federation Force is a joke, even down to the rubbish art style. Even its laughable "story" is seen as children's book storytelling compared to Other M's Micheal Bay tier writing.

An out of context barfing scene with Samus in the "oh so serious" Metroid Prime is bound to be seen as funny. You even need to apply that meme to make it funny when it's already humorous on it's own. Next thing you know, the rock hitting scene in the first Metroid Prime is meant to be serious. :rolleyes:

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
Today I was reminded of why I don't really play against humans much in Smash. Getting rekt isn't super fun...

Splatoon is still fun, but I think I'll stay out of competitive Sploon for a while too. Competitive stuff just isn't my cup of tea.

In other news, I really enjoyed Bravely Second. It has a lot less repetition than Default does. I'm also a fan of how the new jobs shake things up (wizard alone makes magic users way more viable with spellcraft for example) and overall, I think the new asterisk users are pretty interesting characters themselves. While it's arguably a bit cheesier and more lighthearted than BD is, I'm generally okay with that since I tend to prefer lighthearted fare anyway.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

okay this is the first tweet i see
"This nerf to Bayonetta was great. I think she is still a really good character. The best? Probably not."

note them saying shes not the best

Proto's right....

He says Probably not the best...

How's that translate to she's still the best?

I too enjoy Revelation as well. The maps aren't as good as Conquest (the first few maps in Revelation were especially meh IMO), but I enjoy it because you get to have both the Hoshidan and Nohrian units together. I finished grinding most of my units to Level 20, and now I need to beat Chapter 20 so that I can Master Seal most of my units (I only Master Sealed the royals and about 5 other normal units at the moment). I'm about to start Chapter 19, so I'm about right where you are.

And that crop definitely makes the image look a lot better. I don't know how often I'm going to use it myself, but I have a feeling it could become popular.
The maps are different which at least makes the gameplay unique, so it's not to bad. The story gets good at that point, and did you get

Fuga

as a unit? It's a pretty awesome random choice imo. I like that you get him.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517

The Baby remembers.
...what the ****...?

Obvious strawman is obvious. Other M did have some serious moments at least while everything about Federation Force is a joke, even down to the rubbish art style. Even its laughable "story" is seen as children's book storytelling compared to Other M's Micheal Bay tier writing.

An out of context barfing scene with Samus in the "oh so serious" Metroid Prime is bound to be seen as funny. You even need to apply that meme to make it funny when it's already humorous on it's own. Next thing you know, the rock hitting scene in the first Metroid Prime is meant to be serious. :rolleyes:

I really couldn't care less about main Fed Force. What I DO care about, though, is the soccer spin-off.

And they showed it at E3 2015.

It was literally one of their main games.

I'm still reeling from this ****, I want an actually GOOD Metroid game to come out so I can actually get into the series myself.

...Maybe I should just get the Prime Trilogy or something...

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
People keep thinking that Bayonetta got nerfed...when in reality, every other character got buffed...

The Primes have a few funny moments...for example when you scan Chykka in Prime 2 and you are reassured of it's death...as well as the rock after defeating Thardus (and several Space Pirate Data scans of failed experiments replicating Samus' suit)

But that particular scene I never saw it as humourous or out of context...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
How is that scene from Prime 3 not serious?...it showed Samus being afflicted by Phazon sickness and how, despite the PED suit supposedly used to suppress and use the phazon, it started to effect her physically...
Thank you! At least someone remembers the context of that scene. Her Phazon sickness is exactly why the "barfing" happened and it is no way random.

You use that word, yet you don't know what that means. Other M's story is definitely not as bad as Federation Force, but that still didn't change the fact that it was plain bad. Even the serious moments of the game were ruined by terrible writing or plain overdramatizing.

The Deleters part of the story felt forced (which we never found out who they were and what their purpose was), just the overall dynamic between Adam and Samus was handled pretty piss poor, too many outside interactions with the creatures happened for it to be seen as cohesive, MB's existence was there to have a creation drama subplot, and we all know that the Ridley trauma scene was complete bull**** even with the manga's context taken into consideration. Even if one argues that the game was well received, it didn't stop it from curbstomping Metroid's reputation until it was nothing. We can go at this all day if you feel like it.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
okay im just gonna throw it out there that federation force dosent seem all to bad...i mean if you think about what the federation has done (cloning various monsters see fusion for more on that) it almost looks like propaganda ment to get kids to not question that the federation are the good guys(no actually illegal cloning here no sir)

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Thank you! At least someone remembers the context of that scene. Her Phazon sickness is exactly why the "barfing" happened and it is no way random.

You use that word, yet you don't know what that means. Other M's story is definitely not as bad as Federation Force, but that still didn't change the fact that it was plain bad. Even the serious moments of the game were ruined by terrible writing or plain overdramatizing.

The Deleters part of the story felt forced (which we never found out who they were and what their purpose was), just the overall dynamic between Adam and Samus was handled pretty piss poor, too many outside interactions with the creatures happened for it to be seen as cohesive, MB's existence was there to have a creation drama subplot, and we all know that the Ridley trauma scene was complete bull**** even with the manga's context taken into consideration. Even if one argues that the game was well received, it didn't stop it from curbstomping Metroid's reputation until it was nothing. We can go at this all day if you feel like it.

Some parts of Other M's story were so bad I felt like it was intentionally written to be bad, in a cheesy 80's flick kind of way...

I'm reserving my judgment for Fed force atm...though it's going to be pretty hard to take it seriously with that artstyle..Wind Waker, though it had some serious moments generally was supposed to be lighthearted compared to OoT at the time...

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Wait, so Jigglypuff really DID get buffed by way of Bayonetta nerf?

Time to jump off the buff puff bandwagon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom