• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Proto's right....

He says Probably not the best...

How's that translate to she's still the best?

The maps are different which at least makes the gameplay unique, so it's not to bad. The story gets good at that point, and did you get

Fuga

as a unit? It's a pretty awesome random choice imo. I like that you get him.
My phone was displaying it weirdly then, as it stopped neatly after the "Probably".

My bad.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Ironically, this debate would lead me to lose chunks of my own dinner about four minutes ago. It was probably Karma's way of saying that I was wrong and merely circlejerked until the eventual hurling.

Now I am in need of Ginger Ale and sleep for the night. :urg:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
My phone was displaying it weirdly then, as it stopped neatly after the "Probably".

My bad.
Ah I see.

Smashboards doesn't work well from my phone either. It either will take forever to load, or load inaccurately. It's weird as my wii u displayed the site better.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Ah I see.

Smashboards doesn't work well from my phone either. It either will take forever to load, or load inaccurately. It's weird as my wii u displayed the site better.
Tweets are always cut off on my phone if I am holding it vertically. If I turn it to view it in landscape, then I can view them fine.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Edit: Never mind, never mind, just a stupid question.

Nothing of importance.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm starting realise Heaven's Lost Property may be one of my favourite animes.

I've been re-watching some of my favourite scenes and listening to the soundtrack a lot.

The soundtrack is definitely amazing, for sure, probably my favourite anime soundtrack.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Looking at the older Family Guy episodes, they had quite some charm to them without relying on the most ridiculous of shock humor. The characters like Brian and especially Louis were much more likable at the time. Even the charters felt real at the time.

Comparing that to the current seasons, it's the same old tired cutaway gags with no rhythm along with more shock humor for the sake of it. Hell, the entire Griffin family (even Meg) would grow to be much more unlikable due to severe Flanderization. But don't get me started on the side characters, especially Quagmire.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Maybe it was because I stayed away from Family Guy for many years (it isn't exactly meant for children lol) for years, but I've never liked the show. Even when I look at it now, there isn't much I can find that I like out of it.

I've never fully understood the appeal of it.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Maybe it was because I stayed away from Family Guy for many years (it isn't exactly meant for children lol) for years, but I've never liked the show. Even when I look at it now, there isn't much I can find that I like out of it.

I've never fully understood the appeal of it.
Similar to South Park and Simpsons it has some generally 'stupid' comedy to it...One thing about Family Guy is that it has a sense of relatability that makes some things funny...such as when Peter hurts his knee and clutches it in pain...'I know that feeling, so that makes it funny' type deal...

LegendOfZeldaNut

Proud Bearer of the Triforce of Courage
Hey guys what did I miss-oh God. A new patch, a Bayo nerf and holy mother of backlash. I never thought I'd be thankful for EOG's and MSL's, but if it keeps me safe in Vault 627 (it's a joke, if that's a real vault I had no clue) I'm all for it. Also, anything else happen during my hiatus? (I had to study)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just found out that people for team cap is a minority

In ALL 50 states, Team Iron Man is favored

I found some funny comments about how Cap was for the people's interest while Iron Man was for the Corporate Interest

and how Cap was against big government

Bananija

Count of Trickery

I found some funny comments about how Cap was for the people's interest while Iron Man was for the Corporate Interest

Wait seriously? I thought Team Cap was more popular. I guess the fact that I myself was favoring could have biaised my view.

What about the rest of the world? Is there other info aside from in the USA?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wait seriously? I thought Team Cap was more popular. I guess the fact that I myself was favoring could have biaised my view.

What about the rest of the world? Is there other info aside from in the USA?
No outside the US

But, funny enough the more left wing the state, the more they prefer iron man. My state being in the top 10

from the site

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I'm seeing kids having a real fun time with my Pokemon toys, it makes me smile a little. They're pretty smart! I asked them if they liked YW, and absolutely love it! I gave them the medals that I already have a copy of and one of my YW books imported from JPN. They said they watched all of the YW episodes on Netflix, and they have such a lively discussion about the show it's so cute!

Witnessing such love for the franchise is an amazing feeling as a fan.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Ironically I feel like it was the otherway around...

Cap's line of thinking is generally why people go to war, while Ironman was thinking more along the lines of guilt for the casualties that happen during the war...

Cap: "What we do saves people"
Ironman: "What we do kills people"

A lot of Americans are fed up with war in general and a fair number of them have also lost loved ones in war...

Or I'm just looking too deeply into it and they were team Ironman because of Spidey...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Cap's line of thinking is generally why people go to war, while Ironman was thinking more along the lines of guilt for the casualties that happen during the war...

A lot of Americans are fed up with war in general and a fair number of them have also lost loved ones in war...

Or I'm just looking too deeply into it and they were team Ironman because of Spidey...
Captain America follows my ideals of government having smaller power, while Iron Man wants the government to enforce more power for the safety of it's people. That's the way I see it

I lean toward being Libertarian, so of course I would support Captain America

Besides, Captain America 2 showed that the government can very well be corrupt

I haven't actually SEEN Captain America Civil War yet, so I don't know what differences they made in the movie

Bananija

Count of Trickery
No outside the US

But, funny enough the more left wing the state, the more they prefer iron man. My state being in the top 10

from the site
Maybe they're like my friends who are team Iron Man because the heroes on his team were cooler.

That's actually a very good point you got there. Didn't thought about it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
We all know the real reason they're called Team Cap though.

And that's not all.
Poor Hawkeye's the only odd one out. :p

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Captain America follows my ideals of government having smaller power, while Iron Man wants the government to enforce more power for the safety of it's people. That's the way I see it

I haven't actually SEEN Captain America Civil War yet, so I don't know what differences they made in the movie
I supported Cap mainly because they were actually fighting to save the people from a greater threat...Collateral happens, but if nothing was done far greater losses would've happened...And the threats that occur were way out of the league of any normal government military...

I suggest you go see it...it's a good film, imo the best Captain America film...though I kinda don't consider it strictly a "Captain America" film as it's pretty much The Avengers minus Thor and Hulk...I think of it more as a Captain America vs. Ironman in a way...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I supported Cap mainly because they were actually fighting to save the people from a greater threat...Collateral happens, but if nothing was done far greater losses would've happened...And the threats that occur were way out of the league of any normal government military...
LOL, that reminds me a lot of "Man of Steel" there

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

So Iron Man believes in benevolent dictatorship?

:231:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The difference is in MoS, people weren't happy about Superman causing collateral damage, yet here, that's the start of the movie's conflict
I know I'm joking, I didn't like it either

Superman would have more likely tried to get the villain away from the city

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So Iron Man believes in benevolent dictatorship?

It goes beyond that, really.

Stark's whole thing stems from accountability, more so than tyranny. After all that's happened with him, he realizes they need to be put in check. The big turning point in the first Iron Man film for him was when he realized how dangerous his weapons of war were, and instead focused on using his suits for good after he escapes in the first Iron Man suit. Since then he's been kind of atoning for his past (the effects of which are still seen in later films, as with that one woman's son being killed in Ultron's uprising, or Wanda and Pietro's parents being killed by Stark-made weapons). After receiving a vision of a ruined future in Age of Ultron, he tries to essentially play god to stop that vision from happening and ends up creating Ultron, which nearly ends all life on Earth. He sees firsthand what happens when they're left unchecked and are given too much power, and feels that if there's oversight, odds of them going beyond what they should are lessened.

Cap, meanwhile, looks at what he sees as the bigger picture. The number of deaths in the incidents in New York, Washington DC, and Sokovia would have been much higher had it not been for Avenger intervention. Add to that, Cap is a WW2 vet, so he's familiar with the concept of war casualties. His best friend was thought to be one. Adding to this, he's also seen what could happen if governments and organizations get corrupted and power-hungry, as with the infiltration of SHIELD by HYDRA in The Winter Soldier, or when the World Security Counsel voted to nuke New York in response to the Chitauri (which, by the way, was also a HYDRA move, as Agents of SHIELD revealed).

Both sides go much deeper than pro/anti registration. Of note, Steve was seriously considering signing until Tony basically called Wanda a WMD. :p Cap cares about his team, and cares about what they do. That's often what's considered Cap's biggest character flaw: he can't live without a war. He's been fighting his whole life; it's all he knows. Age of Ultron actually does a really good job of exploring this.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The difference is in MoS, people weren't happy about Superman causing collateral damage, yet here, that's the start of the movie's conflict
Ironically, Godzilla did overall less collateral damage in his 2014 film than Superman did in Man of Steel. :p

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Stark's whole thing stems from accountability, more so than tyranny. After all that's happened with him, he realizes they need to be put in check. The big turning point in the first Iron Man fil for him was when he realized how dangerous his weapons of war were, and instead focused on using his suits for good after he escapes in the first Iron Man suit. Since then he's been kind of atoning for his past (the effects of which are still seen in later films, as with that one woman's son being killed in Ultron's uprising, or Wanda and Pietro's parents being killed by Stark-made weapons). After receiving a vision of a ruined future in Age of Ultron, he tries to essentially play god to stop that vision from happening and ends up creating Ultron, which nearly ends all life on Earth. He sees firsthand what happens when they're left unchecked and are given too much power, and feels that if there's oversight, odds of them going beyond what they should are lessened.

Cap, meanwhile, looks at what he sees as the bigger picture. The number of deaths in the incidents in New York, Washington DC, and Sokovia would have been much higher had it not been for Avenger intervention. Add to that, Cap is a WW2 vet, so he's familiar with the concept of war casualties. His best friend was thought to be one. Adding to this, he's also seen what could happen if governments and organizations get corrupted and power-hungry, as with the infiltration of SHIELD by HYDRA in The Winter Soldier, or when the World Security Counsel voted to nuke New York in response to the Chitauri (which, by the way, was also a HYDRA move, as Agents of SHIELD revealed).

Both sides go much deeper than pro/anti registration. Of note, Steve was seriously considering signing until Tony basically called Wanda a WMD. :p Cap cares about his team, and cares about what they do. That's often what's considered Cap's biggest character flaw: he can't live without a war. He's been fighting his whole life; it's all he knows. Age of Ultron actually does a really good job of exploring this.
Nice.

I don't watch superhero movies much (gasp), so that explains it.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Stark's whole thing stems from accountability, less so than tyranny. After all that's happened with him, he realizes they need to be put in check. The big turning point in the first Iron Man fil for him was when he realized how dangerous his weapons of war were, and instead focused on using his suits for good after he escapes in the first Iron Man suit. Since then he's been kind of atoning for his past (the effects of which are still seen in later films, as with that one woman's son being killed in Ultron's uprising, or Wanda and Pietro's parents being killed by Stark-made weapons). After receiving a vision of a ruined future in Age of Ultron, he tries to essentially play god to stop that vision from happening and ends up creating Ultron, which nearly ends all life on Earth. He sees firsthand what happens when they're left unchecked and are given too much power, and feels that if there's oversight, odds of them going beyond what they should are lessened.

The whole theme of Freedom vs Control is a great one. What makes it even better is that the teams are designed around the theme in a bajillion ways. Look at Cap's team. It's people down on their luck. Criminals. People who want to atone and friends wanting to give them that chance. They focus more on the personal relationships. Not what society has deemed them.

Meanwhile, Iron Man's team has people in power. A rich man. A king. A practical god. Control isn't just what the government wants. It's what Team Iron Man has always had. They understand it more and understand that society needs it.

The teams have so many themes. You could spin it so many ways. It's quite amazing.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The whole theme of Freedom vs Control is a great one. What makes it even better is that the teams are designed around the theme in a bajillion ways. Look at Cap's team. It's people down on their luck. Criminals. People who want to atone and friends wanting to give them that chance. They focus more on the personal relationships. Not what society has deemed them.

Meanwhile, Iron Man's team has people in power. A rich man. A king. A practical god. Control isn't just what the government wants. It's what Team Iron Man has always had. They understand it more and understand that society needs it.

The teams have so many themes. You could spin it so many ways. It's quite amazing.
Going off of that, I just find it funny that, besides Cap himself, Falcon's really the only one with a clean slate. :p Considering Scott's an ex-con, Clint and Bucky have both murdered people under the influence of mind control, and Wanda knowingly aided Ultron in order to get revenge on Stark. Funny thing is that it's basically lifted right from the comics, with one of Cap's earliest decisions as leader of the Avengers was to let Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, and Quicksilver (then, all wanted terrorists and criminals) join the Avengers.

Poor Sam though. :p Never was a criminal in the MCU before the Accords.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
My issue with MoS and BvS is that Superman doesn't seem like the light of the Justice, the guy that's easy to look up to and doesn't save citizens or Metropolis because it's the right thing to do.

Nope, he's less of a hero but more a marytr that does the things he does so the world won't hate him and they still do. Plus trying to give him a darker edge in his character where he's a lot more depressed and self-loathing like Batman doesn't work when you have the same character that are SUPPOSED to be total opposites.

It's like people want DC heroes to be all like Batman have that darker, brooding edge in design and characteristics. It's like people ignore what other writers established in the comics or what Bruce Timm did and go for the Frank Millar route.

TL;DR:
I like my Superman having confidence and isn't a ***** who would let his city and people go to hell

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

In the UK, they have a comic called "Dennis the Menace"

and it's a completely different comic than the one in the US

AND BOTH WERE MADE AT THE SAME TIME IN MARCH OF 1951

What the heck is the odds?

D

Deleted member

I watched Man of Steel twice, and I did enjoy it.
Maybe it's because I wasn't expecting anything when I was going to watch it for the first time, but I still find the critism towards it to be a little too harsh and inconvenient.

Though I also was disappointed with Batman V. Superman.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

In the UK, they have a comic called "Dennis the Menace"

and it's a completely different comic than the one in the US

AND BOTH WERE MADE AT THE SAME TIME IN MARCH OF 1951

What the heck is the odds?
And the UK version is the best version.

The American one is way too nice. It's like he causes trouble by accident.

UK Dennis is an absolute rebel.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
And the UK version is the best version.

The American one is way too nice. It's like he causes trouble by accident.

UK Dennis is an absolute rebel.
To be fair, the American Dennis was more of an intentional trouble maker in his original incarnation until he was put on TV and de-fanged.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh I'm sure it's a great game...

In case you can't tell, the video of the "app" is just FFXV footage.

Screenshot_2016-05-21-12-20-11.png

Burruni

Smash Hero
Oh crap.
They learned how potent the fairy burst is in HW:L
They had to add a new MQ-tier rule banning it in certain stages.
(Yes I'm just now getting the Medli + WWMQ stuff)

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The maps are different which at least makes the gameplay unique, so it's not to bad. The story gets good at that point, and did you get

Fuga

as a unit? It's a pretty awesome random choice imo. I like that you get him.
I've obtained Fuga as a unit sometime around after Chapter 17 or 18 from what I remember (I upgraded my hot spring to level 3 around that point, which is how I got him). He makes a pretty solid replacement for Izana. He came in as a Master of Arms at Level 10 with some already really high stats, a B weapon rank in swords, and a C weapon rank in lances and axes. I've decided to pair him with Hayato for my playthrough because Hayato will be the only unit that won't have a child, and I want to make use of him somehow. From what I've experienced thus far, Fuga is a pretty solid unit overall, and will probably be useful from now until the end of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom