• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If you actually know the AVGN and Cinemassacre, you would know he's been a MASSIVE Ghostbusters fan since his childhood, from having all the toys and merchandise to his review on the video games, his background of film cinematography and his love for his childhood series can have that right.

I'm a Sonic fan but I avoided buying any bad game they made because I didn't want to waste my hard earn money on them. Same with my love for Mortal Kombat and any other media related series. I will pay for a good product but not a garbage one and you can always tell from trailers especially all those promotional info on Sonic Boom where the game look dull and uninteresting
Yeah, I don't buy any of this as legitimately true use of trailers. Trailers are still worthless when it comes to the final quality. And always will be. It can be worse or better. They're small snippets of what becomes of changed items. Sonic 06 had a far amazing trailer than the actual game was, and that's from a fan of the game. I was fairly disappointed, but I still enjoyed it for other various reasons.

Unleashed I was vastly disappointed in, as it didn't have anything majorly fun anymore. It killed the multiplayer, one of the best points of Sonic games lately, especially when the single player has issues, the Day Stages were honestly rather trashy with awful level design and a hard to control Sonic. The Werehog was overall better, due to better controls, but also was weak as hell and had other issues, namely the levels were also badly designed. The Tails stages were awful and barely playable. The hub was the most playable part. And I paid full price for it. -_- I would've enjoyed it if had a real multiplayer, which saves a ton of Sonic games. At least other people can enjoy it. It still had great music and a great story, but it pretty much had serious issues beyond that. And I did see trailers for it before. I was vastly wrong on how good it could be, as the trailers made it look way better than it ultimately was.

Trailers aren't good enough to judge the final product.

But it's not like you should spend money on something if you think you won't like it. Cause anybody still thinking that's my argument is clearly not reading what I'm saying. What I said was that your opinion of the final product cannot be judged from a trailer alone. Your opinion on it should not be taken into consideration, only those who actually saw it. The opinion of the trailer is fine to make. Not wanting to see it is fine. Trying to make a controversy off of a trailer is not really fine, especially when it gets you money for doing so. All he had to do was tweet or not bother to say anything about it.

And no, it doesn't matter if he's a fan or not. That's what Twitter is for. Making videos is for the ad revenue and the money he gets off of the controversy. He damn well knew what he was doing. If anything, what he didn't know was that idiots would start threatening him. But he knew controversy would be there, easily. Nothing justifies the threats, but nothing justifies him getting money off of a useless video either. Disabling the comments is the best thing to do in this case, and if it means people won't take what he said about an entire movie(which he hasn't seen whatsoever) seriously, that's a good thing. It's not like he can judge the literal movie for anything other than "I'd rather avoid it", which is fine. Declaring he won't make a review? Okay, nobody should care anyway. If nobody asked, then nobody ultimately cared in the long run. People care because there's a controversy gathered due to the video. And that became the problem that caused more issues. Alternatively, he could just remove the video and let everything die down, like it should've.

all im saying is you dont walk into a burning building because you cant know if its on fire until you see the flames despite the fact fire fighters have it surrounded
...Well, I've finally read something that just made me facepalm at how absurd it is.

Movies do not hurt people. That's a vast exaggeration of the problem and you know it. Seriously, you're still completely ignoring my point entirely. This has nothing to do with wanting to actually see the movie whatsoever. It's whether you should bother to talk about reviewing a movie you've never seen.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Yeah, I don't buy any of this as legitimately true use of trailers. Trailers are still worthless when it comes to the final quality. And always will be. It can be worse or better. They're small snippets of what becomes of changed items. Sonic 06 had a far amazing trailer than the actual game was, and that's from a fan of the game. I was fairly disappointed, but I still enjoyed it for other various reasons.

Unleashed I was vastly disappointed in, as it didn't have anything majorly fun anymore. It killed the multiplayer, one of the best points of Sonic games lately, especially when the single player has issues, the Day Stages were honestly rather trashy with awful level design and a hard to control Sonic. The Werehog was overall better, due to better controls, but also was weak as hell and had other issues, namely the levels were also badly designed. The Tails stages were awful and barely playable. The hub was the most playable part. And I paid full price for it. -_- I would've enjoyed it if had a real multiplayer, which saves a ton of Sonic games. At least other people can enjoy it. It still had great music and a great story, but it pretty much had serious issues beyond that. And I did see trailers for it before. I was vastly wrong on how good it could be, as the trailers made it look way better than it ultimately was.

Trailers aren't good enough to judge the final product.

But it's not like you should spend money on something if you think you won't like it. Cause anybody still thinking that's my argument is clearly not reading what I'm saying. What I said was that your opinion of the final product cannot be judged from a trailer alone. Your opinion on it should not be taken into consideration, only those who actually saw it. The opinion of the trailer is fine to make. Not wanting to see it is fine. Trying to make a controversy off of a trailer is not really fine, especially when it gets you money for doing so. All he had to do was tweet or not bother to say anything about it.

And no, it doesn't matter if he's a fan or not. That's what Twitter is for. Making videos is for the ad revenue and the money he gets off of the controversy. He damn well knew what he was doing. If anything, what he didn't know was that idiots would start threatening him. But he knew controversy would be there, easily. Nothing justifies the threats, but nothing justifies him getting money off of a useless video either. Disabling the comments is the best thing to do in this case, and if it means people won't take what he said about an entire movie(which he hasn't seen whatsoever) seriously, that's a good thing. It's not like he can judge the literal movie for anything other than "I'd rather avoid it", which is fine. Declaring he won't make a review? Okay, nobody should care anyway. If nobody asked, then nobody ultimately cared in the long run. People care because there's a controversy gathered due to the video. And that became the problem that caused more issues. Alternatively, he could just remove the video and let everything die down, like it should've.

...Well, I've finally read something that just made me facepalm at how absurd it is.

Movies do not hurt people. That's a vast exaggeration of the problem and you know it. Seriously, you're still completely ignoring my point entirely. This has nothing to do with wanting to actually see the movie whatsoever. It's whether you should bother to talk about reviewing a movie you've never seen.
heres the thing people asked him if he would see the movie and that video was ment to tell them no it was never about revieing it i ignored your point because it has nothing to do with the video because despite it having the word review in the title that wasnt the actual point of the video it was something to adress to his fans as to why he wont be seeing the movie(and by proxy why there wont be a review)

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
heres the thing people asked him if he would see the movie and that video was ment to tell them no it was never about revieing it i ignored your point because it has nothing to do with the video
I will note I did not know this.

Still, kind of silly making a controversial video over it when twitter works. But the controversy clearly "worked", so to speak. Tacky, but it is what it is.

...And my point had a lot to do with the video. Like, the whole point was video-related. It still wasn't really worth it, since the controversy blew up in his face. But the only thing to really stop it from doing that is to remove the comments to remove the actual pointless hatred. Again, anyone harassing him is ridiculous.

I still stand that it's not worth declaring in a video that gets you money to say stuff that you "refuse to review" something. And part of it was saying he wouldn't review it, to note. Why make money off of it anyway? It's ironic, since he doesn't want to spend money on this thing, he's getting it instead. I completely get why he's not interested in the movie, and that's fine. It doesn't mean he should make a big deal out of it, nor other people should. He still put out something controversial, clearly to make money, but that was just a poor way to respond to a question. Twitter would've been the blatantly smarter option in the end. Less controversy, wouldn't be tacky to do so(making money off of the movie you don't want to see), and people would've moved on.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
I will note I did not know this.

Still, kind of silly making a controversial video over it when twitter works. But the controversy clearly "worked", so to speak. Tacky, but it is what it is.

...And my point had a lot to do with the video. Like, the whole point was video-related. It still wasn't really worth it, since the controversy blew up in his face. But the only thing to really stop it from doing that is to remove the comments to remove the actual pointless hatred. Again, anyone harassing him is ridiculous.

I still stand that it's not worth declaring in a video that gets you money to say stuff that you "refuse to review" something. And part of it was saying he wouldn't review it, to note. Why make money off of it anyway? It's ironic, since he doesn't want to spend money on this thing, he's getting it instead. I completely get why he's not interested in the movie, and that's fine. It doesn't mean he should make a big deal out of it, nor other people should. He still put out something controversial, clearly to make money, but that was just a poor way to respond to a question. Twitter would've been the blatantly smarter option in the end. Less controversy, wouldn't be tacky to do so(making money off of the movie you don't want to see), and people would've moved on.
why do we do anything? i cant possibly know why people do what they do nor will i try to explain someone elses intent

i will however now change the subject to the heatdeath of my childhood
http://www.siliconera.com/2016/05/2...i-monsters-announced-new-cross-media-project/
you can just feel the downgrade

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
Can I just take a moment to thank you guys for the title change.
otherwise I would've completely forgot about Medli's release.

Good night all.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
There was a problem fetching the tweet

It's kind of amusing. It's kind of sad.

The Bayonetta trailer no longer matches how she plays.

I don't think any character got such a massive amount of changes to the point of invalidating promotional footage.

Last edited:

Lily's Slave

Smash Rookie
Frankly I fully imagine he probably will see it. He just wants to make sure for people to NOT expect a review/video from him, which I think is fine. I know I have no interest in the new Ghostbusters, doesn't matter if it's girls, guys, even the original cast I probably wouldn't bother seeing in theaters personally lol.
Dear **** all mighty.

This is a scary texture mod.
Shine to Banana to Hoo Hah. Now that's a top tier.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I got an ab wheel today to work on my abs

I didn't expect my wrist to hurt from it

I guess I haven't been exercising my wrists

Chrono.

why do we do anything? i cant possibly know why people do what they do nor will i try to explain someone elses intent

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/05/2...i-monsters-announced-new-cross-media-project/
I'll reserve judgement till it airs, it does sound kinda flimsy, but eh.

Xros Wars (the original not the sequel) and tri. managed to be pretty good, surprisingly.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
There was a problem fetching the tweet

It's kind of amusing. It's kind of sad.

The Bayonetta trailer no longer matches how she plays.

I don't think any character got such a massive amount of changes to the point of invalidating promotional footage.
All I can think of is when they nerfed Mac's Air Side B from a "lackluster recovery" to a "stay mostly in place and look like a fool" move. He can no longer do that cool ring entrance.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
All I can think of is when they nerfed Mac's Air Side B from a "lackluster recovery" to a "stay mostly in place and look like a fool" move. He can no longer do that cool ring entrance.
Don't remind me of that pain :urg:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

This only makes me want to get Valkyria Chronicles Remastered more (since I can't play Windows Steam games on our PC).

Easily one of the most intense war pieces I've heard in a video game. It has that perfect mixture of heroism and dire from beginning to end.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
So the filename of the fanfare for picking up a Code Cube in Kirby Planet Robobot is "TorteFanf1", for what it's worth. Interesting.

(FTR, I'm still trying to stay spoiler-free on the game for the most part, just happened to notice it while converting the files to mp3s for later listening.)

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

I can't say I agree. It's concept of Digimon having a presence through applications is very interesting because currently, they have a large place in our lives as we're always using phones and tablets. It makes sense that we'd have the creatures start popping up through our phones because digitally, that's one aspect of life that is very important to us if you are interconnected with the world. So you can do a lot of things by messing around with that concept, and if it's pulled off well, it could be a very good series (particularly if the Cyber Sleuth vibes I'm getting are accurate).

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So yeah, Fire Emblem Fates is out now in Europe. I've played Awakening before but should I give this one a try too?
You should! It's an awesome game all around no matter what version you choose. If you want the emphasis on story or a way to get used to the games' mechanics, go for Birthright. If you're more interested in gameplay and difficulty, play Conquest. Play Revelation last because that's the route that reveals the answers to the biggest mysteries in both routes.

D

Deleted member

*playing Birthright* Imma side with Nohr lol. Wait...What? It's working despite how I don't have the money...
You bought BR? I'm so disappointed with you right now
Gave up on glorious map design for that weeb ****
And yeah, you can play the other path's Chapter 6 even if you don't have it, though you won't be able to proceed further

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You bought BR? I'm so disappointed with you right now
Gave up on glorious map design for that weeb ****
And yeah, you can play the other path's Chapter 6 even if you don't have it, though you won't be able to proceed further
OBJECTION!
Your Honor, I DIDN'T choose Birthright because of the weeby ****! In fact, it's the opposite! Weebs are known for not having a social life in the slightest, yet I had a friend who also wanted Conquest and he's like my rival, if I get one thing, he gets the opposite, the only exception so far being Pokemon Moon, not to mention I did this to get used to the new mechanics aswell, not to mention the fact I'd be spying on the Hoshidan scum!

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
You should! It's an awesome game all around no matter what version you choose. If you want the emphasis on story or a way to get used to the games' mechanics, go for Birthright. If you're more interested in gameplay and difficulty, play Conquest. Play Revelation last because that's the route that reveals the answers to the biggest mysteries in both routes.
That sounds good. I guess I'll give it a shot then. ^^

D

Deleted member

OBJECTION!
Your Honor, I DIDN'T choose Birthright because of the weeby ****! In fact, it's the opposite! Weebs are known for not having a social life in the slightest, yet I had a friend who also wanted Conquest and he's like my rival, if I get one thing, he gets the opposite, the only exception so far being Pokemon Moon, not to mention I did this to get used to the new mechanics aswell, not to mention the fact I'd be spying on the Hoshidan scum!
So you went for the inferior version because you're tsundere for your friend? You better play Conquest eventually though, otherwise you'll be missing out on what are probably the best and most challenging maps in FE history like Prince Takumi's Tower Defense, Mr. Fuga's Wild Ride, The Ninja **** Cave and Takumi Trump's Great Wall just to name a few
Weebs are known for not having a social life in the slightest,
Sounds exactly like you though :troll:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So you went for the inferior version because you're tsundere for your friend? You better play Conquest eventually though, otherwise you'll be missing out on what are probably the best and most challenging maps in FE history like Prince Takumi's Tower Defense, Mr. Fuga's Wild Ride, The Ninja **** Cave and Takumi Trump's Great Wall just to name a few

Sounds exactly like you though :troll:
HOLD IT!

You have no evidence I had no intention of getting Conquest! I have stated multiple times Conquest has the better cast

OBJECTION!
I have a job in which I need to socialize, I go to friends every week. In fact, I'm about to go to some friends in a few minutes!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

This only makes me want to get Valkyria Chronicles Remastered more (since I can't play Windows Steam games on our PC).

Easily one of the most intense war pieces I've heard in a video game. It has that perfect mixture of heroism and dire from beginning to end.
Is there any gameplay or plot difference between the Remastered PS4 version and the steam version?

:231:

D

Deleted member

HOLD IT!

You have no evidence I had no intention of getting Conquest! I have stated multiple times Conquest has the better cast

OBJECTION!
I have a job in which I need to socialize, I go to friends every week. In fact, I'm about to go to some friends in a few minutes!
OBJECTION!

Your job doesn't count

Nor does "socializing" with other weebs

And it is most clear all of your friends are weebs

JUDGE! The verdict! Now!

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Overruled. This was done way better back in Radiant Dawn (Part III, chapter 5).
Objection!

It's pretty easy to hold the line in that Chapter as your units are overall very bulky, you have Haar and Ike, and you can plug the chokepoints with little difficulty. You could also go straight for the kill and low turn it as the chapter has a "defeat boss" requirement.

Chapter 10 in Conquest throws a wrench in that due to things like Lunge, DV shenanigans, the Pegasus Knights flying over your defenses and going straight for the line, and pushing for you to go after the villages instead of turtling. Also, going for the boss won't automatically end the chapter, so you can't just go after the boss and expect to win.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Is there any gameplay or plot difference between the Remastered PS4 version and the steam version?

:231:
What Schnee117 Schnee117 said. The game is basically already upscaled and Sega reused the assets.

The only difference is containing the demo of Azure Revolution (an upcoming spinoff that would be good if the controls weren't slow and bad).

D

Deleted member

Overruled. This was done way better back in Radiant Dawn (Part III, chapter 5).
I didn't play RD but everyone I know that did says the defense maps were terrible
Conquest Chapter 10 is widely considered one of the, if not THE, best maps in the entire series and for good reason

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
We all already know that new Pokémon Sun & Moon info is happening on June 2, but the time of day has now been confirmed:

10 PM JST
6 AM PST
9 AM EST
1 PM CEST
2 PM BST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom