• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burruni

Smash Hero
HAHAHAHA
Take THAT at last!
You wanna revive and make me go through your full gimmicky crap again?!
LEMME JUST.

I FINALLY FOUND A USE FOR THAT CLASS

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Remember that Japan has an extremely low crime rate, like 2-3 murders in the entire country per year.

Also most prosecutors only take up cases in which they are sure of winning, so it's not exactly surprising.

:231:
There's a lot more murders than that. It's really low (I think 1 for everyone 100,000 people or something).

Low murder rates can be explained by Japanese culture and the lack of guns. It's very difficult to get a gun here, so a lot of the murder sprees are knife stabbings (the AKB girls were attacked by a guy with a knife over a year ago).

Japanese police are harmless, unless they think you did something wrong. They can hold you for a lot longer than the US, without pressing any charges. In Japan it's also very much a "guilty unless proven innocent" mentality. Even if you aren't charged the social stigma will be there because everyone talks.

A former coworker of mine was charged for possession (someone sent it to him in the mail), and the police held him for a month. In the end they couldn't prove that he requested it and had to let him ago. But he told me everyday the police would come in to interrogate him-- trying to make him plead guilty. They would say still like "Im missing my daughters sports festival because of you!" and force him to only use Japanese, with no lawyer present. They would make him review the details of the incident over and over again trying to get him to slip up somewhere. They didn't physically beat him (I heard that happens sometimes in Japanese prisons) but it was extreme interrogation.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
We have a debate about the morality of the death penalty and some of you act like the thread tore itself apart.

Grow up. We debated and we were polite about it. Nothing to be afraid of.
Don't you know? People have to get those sweet, actually-worthless likes, and actual content is hard. A lot easier to post the hackney *what's going on here/nope* response. :p :rolleyes:

So onto Cyndane's topic: peanut butter is great. Just had some, actually.

HAHAHAHA
Take THAT at last!
You wanna revive and make me go through your full gimmicky crap again?!
LEMME JUST.

I FINALLY FOUND A USE FOR THAT CLASS
Iknow literally 0 context for this.

Im not even sure if this is Bravely

but im gonna take a guess and say that class is Necromancer?

D

Deleted member

Hey, i just realized......

....aren't we little close to 2000 pages? As far as im concerned, a thread should not go beyond 2000 pages or else bad things would happen (as in, the thread would start glitching up or something).

Are we going to migrate onto another thread when we reach 2000 pages?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Burruni

Smash Hero
Iknow literally 0 context for this.

Im not even sure if this is Bravely

but im gonna take a guess and say that class is Necromancer?
Yes.
It's english name is Excorcist.
This is the first and only time I've used its mechanic that the entire class is built around.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I just realized!

I MISSED LAST WEEK'S STEVEN UNIVERSE!

My tv is set to record the series! How did this happen!?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
We have a debate about the morality of the death penalty and some of you act like the thread tore itself apart.

People in the thread some more level headed and get less **** flingly when it comes to real world affairs, compared to when the subject is Smash or video games, ironically. :p

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm sorry I was confused by the topic and wanted to know what was going on.
Guess I should've known better. I'll make sure to keep my mouth shut next time.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
*has been transormed into his haloween town clothing*

*is staring straight at a sign that reads "Halloween town"*

Sora: "Is this Halloween town?"

:facepalm:

This is why Riku became a master before you you dumb ***
Actually, it's "Hey, this is Halloween Town, right?"

Sora seemed a lot more naive in Dream Drop Distance, although that might've been intentional, since he also became younger while in the dream worlds.

----

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
I just realized!

I MISSED LAST WEEK'S STEVEN UNIVERSE!

My tv is set to record the series! How did this happen!?
There was another one today, actually. Which I also missed **************

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There are people in the US that want it to be Guilty until proven innocent, in the least for certain crimes

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
It's gone out of hand how people are jumping down James Rolfe's throat for not seeing the New Ghostbusters movie.

They are even attacking his wife, man. He didn't even do anything to get this amount of vitriol. All because he is considered sexist for not wanting to waste his money and time on a movie he knows he won't like and said it in a polite manner that never mentioned at all that his reasoning was the cast of all female Ghostbusters.

It's a great sight seeing so many big names and all of his fans coming to his help and he doesn't even care about it or even mentioned it

Chrono.

Watched Civil War today. Great movie, Tom Holland killed it as Spidey and I probably should've watched Ant-Man.

Can't wait for Homecoming.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
2 hours and 20 minutes 'til the weekend. I am so pumped for a whole weekend doing nothing.
For me, the weekend just means I have to work longer hours and from an earlier time

Weekend = less sleep and more work

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You absolutely should have watched Ant-Man, it's fantastic.
It's actually fANTastic
Actually, it's "Hey, this is Halloween Town, right?"

Sora seemed a lot more naive in Dream Drop Distance, although that might've been intentional, since he also became younger while in the dream worlds.

----
Don't forget Chain of Memories *is given a card* "Is this a card?"

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's gone out of hand how people are jumping down James Rolfe's throat for not seeing the New Ghostbusters movie.

They are even attacking his wife, man. He didn't even do anything to get this amount of vitriol. All because he is considered sexist for not wanting to waste his money and time on a movie he knows he won't like and said it in a polite manner that never mentioned at all that his reasoning was the cast of all female Ghostbusters.

It's a great sight seeing so many big names and all of his fans coming to his help and he doesn't even care about it or even mentioned it
It's terrible how they're treating him, but he shouldn't have put out a video about this at all. It was going to cause controversy, and that's exactly what he got. He shouldn't have expected nothing to happen. That said, I want this to blow over already. It's ridiculous how they all are acting. If he doesn't intend to see the movie, unless somebody asks him to do a review, he has no reason to mention it whatsoever. We shouldn't care anymore about his opinion of the movie if he isn't going to even see it. That's the problem in itself. People are caring because he put out a large video when it wasn't a good idea to do so.

All he has to do is disable comments on the video, and temporarily make his twitter private. Any idiotic threads can be reported for harassment/etc. Nothing justifies the hate he's getting, but he still made a foolish move regardless. Bleh.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's terrible how they're treating him, but he shouldn't have put out a video about this at all. It was going to cause controversy, and that's exactly what he got. He shouldn't have expected nothing to happen. That said, I want this to blow over already. It's ridiculous how they all are acting. If he doesn't intend to see the movie, unless somebody asks him to do a review, he has no reason to mention it whatsoever. We shouldn't care anymore about his opinion of the movie if he isn't going to even see it. That's the problem in itself. People are caring because he put out a large video when it wasn't a good idea to do so.

All he has to do is disable comments on the video, and temporarily make his twitter private. Any idiotic threads can be reported for harassment/etc. Nothing justifies the hate he's getting, but he still made a foolish move regardless. Bleh.
I don't see anything wrong with him making the video.

Nothing he said in it gave any reason for people to attack him

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

He was in the right. I don't think he even cared about the reaction or social media and cutting off likes and comments will make it seem worst in most eyes.

It's better to let him speak his mind and others as well. It wasn't that foolish but I do believe he should have waited until the movie was out

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't see anything wrong with him making the video.

Nothing he said in it gave any reason for people to attack him
Where did I say they were justified in attacking him?

It was a bad idea to make a video on a controversial subject if you refuse to even watch the movie, thus, not knowing how the movie accurately will be. Problems will happen. He made a mistake. The people attacking him are not justified in all, which I said in my previous post. Please read it more carefully next time.

He was in the right. I don't think he even cared about the reaction or social media and cutting off likes and comments will make it seem worst in most eyes.

It's better to let him speak his mind and others as well. It wasn't that foolish but I do believe he should have waited until the movie was out
He wasn't in the right in any way. It was a poor video to make and accomplished nothing but stirring up trouble. There's nothing to speak of. The movie isn't out. One trailer was out at the time. Trailers are vastly inaccurate to the final movie. Nobody cared till he spoke up, then people got mad that he declared it like it was some important thing. He's clearly doing this for ad revenue. Otherwise, he would've just tweeted it instead. Best thing would've been avoiding it and nothing more.

Those attacking him are entirely in the wrong too. There's nothing to defend on either side, really. You made a dumb opinion, people call you out on it. Plus, how can you judge a movie without seeing it? You really can't.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

I think it's a strength of the thread that we can talk about serious topics like that politely.

:231:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Disabling comments and ratings is the easiest way for people to take you less seriously

It's done by people that know they are in the wrong and don't want any opposing arguments presented

When no one can oppose them, people assume they are right.

It's a manipulative tactic, and I don't really care what those kind of people have to say

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Where did I say they were justified in attacking him?

It was a bad idea to make a video on a controversial subject if you refuse to even watch the movie, thus, not knowing how the movie accurately will be. Problems will happen. He made a mistake. The people attacking him are not justified in all, which I said in my previous post. Please read it more carefully next time.

He wasn't in the right in any way. It was a poor video to make and accomplished nothing but stirring up trouble. There's nothing to speak of. The movie isn't out. One trailer was out at the time. Trailers are vastly inaccurate to the final movie. Nobody cared till he spoke up, then people got mad that he declared it like it was some important thing. He's clearly doing this for ad revenue. Otherwise, he would've just tweeted it instead. Best thing would've been avoiding it and nothing more.

Those attacking him are entirely in the wrong too. There's nothing to defend on either side, really. You made a dumb opinion, people call you out on it. Plus, how can you judge a movie without seeing it? You really can't.
If really wanted to stir up controversy he would the cast as the main crux of his argument. It's at his fault of nostalgia and nothing more which you can't blame a person for having and you can EASILY judge a movie from the trailers.

Hell, look at Pixels and Michael Bay Ninja Turtles movies, those alone you can tell those weren't gonna be good.

I mean for God sakes, Batman vs Superman spoiled it's whole damn 3rd act by one of its trailers with a Doomsday appearance and Wonderwoman in the mix and you could easily tell what the movie was so it seem predictable.

The whole movie trailer for Nu-Ghostbusters had bad jokes and below average CGI. Especially considering you had a funny cast and none of them seem funny at all but what do I know

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
It's his right to make a video. People are overreacting to his video. He is choosing not to buy something (a ticket to the movie) because he doesn't see any value in it. Are people really upset that something they are most likely not financially involved with is going to get less sales?

It's been overblown by both sides, but the people attacking him are 100% in the wrong. It's the studios failure to entice people to buy a ticket. If he doesn't want to see it for whatever reason it's his right. You can disagree with him but his opinion doesn't give people an excuse to be a ****.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If really wanted to stir up controversy he would the cast as the main crux of his argument. It's at his fault of nostalgia and nothing more which you can't blame a person for having and you can EASILY judge a movie from the trailers.

Hell, look at Pixels and Michael Bay Ninja Turtles movies, those alone you can tell those weren't gonna be good.

I mean for God sakes, Batman vs Superman spoiled it's whole damn 3rd act by one of its trailers with a Doomsday appearance and Wonderwoman in the mix and you could easily tell what the movie was so it seem predictable.

The whole movie trailer for Nu-Ghostbusters had bad jokes and below average CGI. Especially considering you had a funny cast and none of them seem funny at all but what do I know
I loved Pixels and the Ninja Turtles movies. The trailers did nothing to deter me from watching them.

I never trust a trailer, and anybody basing everything on it should not be taken seriously whatsoever. If he doesn't want to review it, that's fine. There is no reason we should care, though.

And yes, he wanted to stir up controversy entirely. That's how his video got so much ad revenue. There's literally no reason to post the video otherwise. The more controversy, the more views. It's extremely simple in that regard. Problem is, it came with downsides, namely the threats, which are always unjustified.

You can't judge jack from a trailer. They're worthless for anything but making it so people know of the movie's existence. The only thing that matters is the final version, period. Rest does nothing at all. Reviews are useful, but are sometimes full of bias and even states a lot of incorrect things. I only trust one thing, my actual judgment. People need to trust that more than bad reviews and inaccurate trailers. I was vastly surprised that the Goosebumps movie didn't end anywhere near what the trailers suggested. I got a pretty different feel from Pixels after I saw the trailers. Hotel Transylvania 2's trailers were very misleading, especially about Dracula's dad and his purpose in the story. I learned quite quickly how useless trailers are for anything but hype/interest in the existence of the movie. That's pretty much all they're legitimately good for, after all.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
I loved Pixels and the Ninja Turtles movies. The trailers did nothing to deter me from watching them.

I never trust a trailer, and anybody basing everything on it should not be taken seriously whatsoever. If he doesn't want to review it, that's fine. There is no reason we should care, though.

And yes, he wanted to stir up controversy entirely. That's how his video got so much ad revenue. There's literally no reason to post the video otherwise. The more controversy, the more views. It's extremely simple in that regard. Problem is, it came with downsides, namely the threats, which are always unjustified.

You can't judge jack from a trailer. They're worthless for anything but making it so people know of the movie's existence. The only thing that matters is the final version, period. Rest does nothing at all. Reviews are useful, but are sometimes full of bias and even states a lot of incorrect things. I only trust one thing, my actual judgment. People need to trust that more than bad reviews and inaccurate trailers. I was vastly surprised that the Goosebumps movie didn't end anywhere near what the trailers suggested. I got a pretty different feel from Pixels after I saw the trailers. Hotel Transylvania 2's trailers were very misleading, especially about Dracula's dad and his purpose in the story. I learned quite quickly how useless trailers are for anything but hype/interest in the existence of the movie. That's pretty much all they're legitimately good for, after all.
....you do know the whole point of a trailer is to get you to want to see the movie right?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
The issue is that if you can't judge movie from a trailer/ review then how can you judge if the price of admission is worth it? How can you know your time will be well spent? If you already know you won't enjoy something, then you probably won't. Not everyone has expendable income and time so selling a product via a trailer/ movie hype is a requirement. Especially when a single ticket costs nearly 20 USD.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
....you do know the whole point of a trailer is to get you to want to see the movie right?
And they're still always inaccurate in some way. Anybody expecting nothing to be cut/changed is setting themselves up for disappointment. They will never be useful for properly judging a movie. They get you interested, yes, but they don't tell you the exact and proper details of how it'll really go. Trailers aren't ultimately super useful and won't ever be. They can't be. They aren't the actual real movie in itself.

Never trust a trailer. See it for yourself. If you don't want to, then your opinion of the final version of the movie is invalid because you never actually saw it.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
And they're still always inaccurate in some way. Anybody expecting nothing to be cut/changed is setting themselves up for disappointment. They will never be useful for properly judging a movie. They get you interested, yes, but they don't tell you the exact and proper details of how it'll really go. Trailers aren't ultimately super useful and won't ever be. They can't be. They aren't the actual real movie in itself.

Never trust a trailer. See it for yourself. If you don't want to, then your opinion of the final version of the movie is invalid because you never actually saw it.
and yet if you watched the batman vs superman trailers you knew every major plot point of the movie

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Well, the script is already leaked

We know the whole plot of the movie

There isn't going to be any surprises.

At most we can see if the actor's can save a bad script

But some people don't care to see that

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The issue is that if you can't judge movie from a trailer/ review then how can you judge if the price of admission is worth it? How can you know your time will be well spent? If you already know you won't enjoy something, then you probably won't. Not everyone has expendable income and time so selling a product via a trailer/ movie hype is a requirement. Especially when a single ticket costs nearly 20 USD.
That is entirely irrelevant to my point.

It's your opinion of the movie that's invalid, not your preference to avoid it. There's still no reason to make a controversial video on something you know very little about. He still had no good reason to make a video besides gathering revenue off of the controversy.

Please don't misunderstand the argument I'm making. Whether he sees it or not is not an issue. It's how he's getting money from his videos off of this whole thing that's severely tacky. Of course, anybody outright attacking him for this, not simply just avoiding the video and ignoring his thoughts on it instead are causing problems too. There's really nothing to acknowledge on either side of this. He doesn't have much of anything useful to say about the actual movie, and anybody attacking him being beyond ridiculous and should be reported.

and yet if you watched the batman vs superman trailers you knew every major plot point of the movie
And I wouldn't care about what the trailer said because until I see the damn movie, it's worthless to me. Still vastly irrelevant to my point whatsoever. It has nothing to do with money in itself(bar the ad revenue point I made earlier), it's about reviewing a movie you've never seen. Why are you talking a review in the first place, if you aren't going to even see it? Nobody cares or should care. And yet they do, because it's easy controversy to make. ...And clearly that gave his little video all the ad revenue he needed(plus money too, yay). If people really think he didn't do this for ad revenue, then be realistic already. That's the only reason to put out a video over a tweet. Period.

You cannot properly judge a movie from a trailer. You don't need to go see the movie, but you should always never review or talk about what the movie is really like until you do see it. You don't know enough about the movie to properly talk about it at that point. You want to avoid it? Sure. But that just means you also lack knowledge of it and can't properly discuss it as a consequence. And that's fine.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

If you actually know the AVGN and Cinemassacre, you would know he's been a MASSIVE Ghostbusters fan since his childhood, from having all the toys and merchandise to his review on the video games, his background of film cinematography and his love for his childhood series can have that right.

I'm a Sonic fan but I avoided buying any bad game they made because I didn't want to waste my hard earn money on them. Same with my love for Mortal Kombat and any other media related series. I will pay for a good product but not a garbage one and you can always tell from trailers especially all those promotional info on Sonic Boom where the game look dull and uninteresting

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
That is entirely irrelevant to my point.

It's your opinion of the movie that's invalid, not your preference to avoid it. There's still no reason to make a controversial video on something you know very little about. He still had no good reason to make a video besides gathering revenue off of the controversy.

Please don't misunderstand the argument I'm making. Whether he sees it or not is not an issue. It's how he's getting money from his videos off of this whole thing that's severely tacky. Of course, anybody outright attacking him for this, not simply just avoiding the video and ignoring his thoughts on it instead are causing problems too. There's really nothing to acknowledge on either side of this. He doesn't have much of anything useful to say about the actual movie, and anybody attacking him being beyond ridiculous and should be reported.

And I wouldn't care about what the trailer said because until I see the damn movie, it's worthless to me. Still vastly irrelevant to my point whatsoever. It has nothing to do with money in itself(bar the ad revenue point I made earlier), it's about reviewing a movie you've never seen. Why are you talking a review in the first place, if you aren't going to even see it? Nobody cares or should care. And yet they do, because it's easy controversy to make. ...And clearly that gave his little video all the ad revenue he needed(plus money too, yay). If people really think he didn't do this for ad revenue, then be realistic already. That's the only reason to put out a video over a tweet. Period.

You cannot properly judge a movie from a trailer. You don't need to go see the movie, but you should always never review or talk about what the movie is really like until you do see it. You don't know enough about the movie to properly talk about it at that point. You want to avoid it? Sure. But that just means you also lack knowledge of it and can't properly discuss it as a consequence. And that's fine.
all im saying is you dont walk into a burning building because you cant know if its on fire until you see the flames despite the fact fire fighters have it surrounded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom