• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517

YOOOOO GUESS WHAT OVERWATCH PEOPLE

DRAGONS AND **** TOMORROW

HYYYYYYYYPE

(edit: It has now come to my attention all of you may have heard about this already. Sorry, continue with what you're doing...)

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So looking at Gen VI, there's still some stuff not available/confirmed despite the fact Gen VII is near:

Zygarde forms
Ash-Greninja
Eternal Flower Floette
Volcanion (outside of Japan)

Come on! Step it up! :sonic:

Soul.

Whether or not Vita outsold Wii U doesn't mean much; it still sold like ****. And since Sony doesn't plan on making a successor, chances are that more Japanese developers work for NX handheld.

The only Vita game I've been seeing on Japanese sales charts is Minecraft. Only recently it just hit over a million copies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Question for you all:

If you wanted to see a 3D Sonic level, what kind of environment would you want it to be, and would you want it to be more adventure game based (open ended exploration with collectibles and secrets and challenges to find), or more typical action stages (more linear and fast paced, focused on speedrunning)?

Also keep in mind the following:

-Grinding is not possible.
-Elemental Shields and some Wisps are possible, as well as other typical Sonic item box powers.
-Sonic has access to the Boost, the Spin Dash and rolling, the Homing Attack, the Jump Dash, the Light Dash, the Stomp, the Quick Step, a "Quick Turn" (like the drift, but not the exact same), and can also hang from bars which can be locked on to. He can also push objects.
-Classic Sonic-esque physics in 3D are possible.
-Water and it's physics are possible.
-Super and Hyper Sonic are possible.
-Something like a more cartoony, comic book style, with cel shading and black outlines, MAY be possible.
-Sonic 3 & Knuckles style special stages are possible.
-All of the typical Sonic stage elements (except for grind rails), like loops, springs, dash pads, dash rings, etc, are possible.
-The level can be quite massive in size.

Chrono.

So, who here supports the idea of Rowlet going Grass/Ground and Popplio Water/Fighting, while Litten stays pure-typed?

D

Deleted member

Lunatic was being easy but suddenly, Chapter 13
Conquest Chapter 7:
Hard: Enough tries to piss me off
Lunatic: First try
Conquest Chapter 8:
Hard: About 3 attempts
Lunatic: First try
Conquest Chapter 10
Hard: One death
Lunatic: No deaths
Conquest Chapter 12:
Hard: "You thought 10 was hard enough" number of attempts
Lunatic: First try, no deaths
Conquest Chapter 13:
Hard: About 3 attempts
Lunatic: "Aight, I got this!" *X gets oneshotted* "****, let's try this again" *enemy unit crits* "****" *Beast Killer outta nowhere* "FFFFFFFF"
"Alright, NOW I got this!" *acidentally aggros Scarlet and 3 Wyvern Riders* *triggers Wyvern Riders reinforcements* *Reina and co. ready to **** **** up too*
Repeat process
So, who here supports the idea of Rowlet going Grass/Ground and Popplio Water/Fighting, while Litten stays pure-typed?
Why would Rowlet lose the Flying type???

Chrono.

Why would Rowlet change its type?
Well, ever since people found those icons on the website there's been speculation on Rowlet's evolutions being based on a burrowing owl.

Giving it Flying typing only to remove it later makes as much sense to you as it does it to me, but eh.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I mean Torterra's a beast and I'd like to see more Grass/Ground types...Rowlet already has a 4x weakness to Ice so, I'm fine with that if it happens...A Burrowing Owl makes for an interesting pokemon concept...

Popplio as a Water/Fighting...meh...Poliwrath so far is the only other Water/Fighting type if I'm not mistaken to...cool? I guess?

Litten as a pure fire type...well at least it's not Fire/Fighting or Fire/Ground which I really don't want to see, but sad it's not Dark or Poison...I'm fine with it overall though...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Question for you all:

If you wanted to see a 3D Sonic level, what kind of environment would you want it to be, and would you want it to be more adventure game based (open ended exploration with collectibles and secrets and challenges to find), or more typical action stages (more linear and fast paced, focused on speedrunning)?

-Elemental Shields and some Wisps are possible, as well as other typical Sonic item box powers.
-Sonic has access to the Boost, the Spin Dash and rolling, the Homing Attack, the Jump Dash, the Light Dash, the Stomp, the Quick Step, a "Quick Turn" (like the drift, but not the exact same), and can also hang from bars which can be locked on to. He can also push objects.
-Something like a more cartoony, comic book style, with cel shading and black outlines, MAY be possible.
-All of the typical Sonic stage elements (except for grind rails), like loops, springs, dash pads, dash rings, etc, are possible.
Cybernetic setting mixed with a factory theme being an action stage, I can see a set piece like a portal in which when you run through it, the stage goes haywire and glitches up while sicking firewalls and antiviruses on you

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Well, ever since people found those icons on the website there's been speculation on Rowlet's evolutions being based on a burrowing owl.

Giving it Flying typing only to remove it later makes as much sense to you as it does it to me, but eh.
I personally don't think those icons are for the 1st/2nd stage of the starters.

They usually don't reveal the starters' evolutions until later in the cycle.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Cybernetic setting mixed with a factory theme being an action stage, I can see a set piece like a portal in which when you run through it, the stage goes haywire and glitches up while sicking firewalls and antiviruses on you
So basically something like the Digital Highway stage from Shadow the Hedgehog except in a better game?

I could probably do that.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

If anything, those icons would indicate Litten being Ground type. Which makes sense as it's sulphur symbol is likely a reference to the volcanos in Hawaii, when it's fur is on end, it kinda resembles a volcano too

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Question for you all:

I'd like to see something a bit more explorative and open ended, something that feels like a giant playground for Sonic to run around, but still have a clear point A to point B progression. Something like the beta Windy Valley from Sonic Adventure.
In terms of environment, can't go wrong with a mountain setting.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
So basically something like the Digital Highway stage from Shadow the Hedgehog except in a better game?

I could probably do that.
I was also thinking of those digital cube effects from Laser being used a lot, and as it's simultaneously a factory setting, it has machinery out to hunt you. When the stage ends, you see it crumbling apart in the results screen

Chrono.

If anything, those icons would indicate Litten being Ground type. Which makes sense as it's sulphur symbol is likely a reference to the volcanos in Hawaii, when it's fur is on end, it kinda resembles a volcano too
See, apparently that wouldn't be the case.

The Ground icon comes BEFORE the Fire one, while the Fighting icon comes after Water, implying it's a secondary typing. So either Rowlet gains the Ground type or these are for completely unrelated Pokemon.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
See, apparently that wouldn't be the case.

The Ground icon comes BEFORE the Fire one, while the Fighting icon comes after Water, implying it's a secondary typing. So either Rowlet gains the Ground type or these are for completely unrelated Pokemon.
Hoping separate mons then. I thought it COULD be Solgaleo and Lunaala types butnone of them make sense for Lunaala

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I kinda hope Rowlet changes type, because frankly, Grass/Ice sucks quite badly. That said, I really hope it isn't Grass/Ground, because that isn't much better, and because we already have Torterra.

Pure Fire-type for Litten? That's pretty boring, honestly. Sure, it's better than Fire/Fighting, but I'd love to see Fire/Dark. I'd be more okay with it if Litten's final evolution had a Mega Evolution which turned it from pure Fire to Fire/Dark.

Now, Water/Fighting for Popplio? No, don't like that at all. I can't even imagine how a sea lion can end up being part Fighting-type. Plus, Pokemon has had a part Fighting-type starter since Gen 3. Blaziken, Infernape, Emboar, Chesnaught, and not future Popplio? Come on, let's see something else for once!

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Wow. The comments on the latest Pokemon Twitter post do a pretty good job of showing how horrible the Pokemon fandom is.

Just because someone likes a Pokemon you don't personally prefer doesn't mean they're an idiot.

Or that anyone who doesn't like the most Undertale level overhyped popular choice needs to be forcibly brainwashed into doing so.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Wow. The comments on the latest Pokemon Twitter post do a pretty good job of showing how horrible the Pokemon fandom is.

Just because someone likes a Pokemon you don't personally prefer doesn't mean they're an idiot.

Or that anyone who doesn't like the most Undertale level overhyped popular choice needs to be forcibly brainwashed into doing so.
You wouldn't happen to be talking about the Sun and Moon starter preference tweets, would you?

Because who needs an opinion, am I right?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I like rowlett, he's just not my favorite.

He's second best

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
i come back and people are arguing between the wiiu and the vita on which is better....

i thought we beat dead horses not argued which one was most attractive

(seriously i love my wiiu but i know that ****s dead)

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Well I mean, don't get me wrong, I'd love to hug him tight, he's a little ball of feathers and grass and I love him, but Litten's ok, too. And Ploppio, kinda, sorta... Still not a big fan of him. But still.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Well I mean, don't get me wrong, I'd love to hug him tight, he's a little ball of feathers and grass and I love him, but Litten's ok, too. And Ploppio, kinda, sorta... Still not a big fan of him. But still.
I like rowlett, he's just not my favorite.

He's second best
I'm choosing Litten without a doubt, Rowlet isn't my favourite either, though if I could hug one, I'd probably hug it to death

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Well I mean, Rowlet IS my favorite (probably favorite overall, now, don't even know its evos), but I'm not degrading anybody who prefers a different Pokemon.

(Even though I'd probably defend my Hoodini with my heart and soul)

(Literally wish you could decorate Pokemon with accessories, I'd give him a little top hat and everything)

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You wouldn't happen to be talking about the Sun and Moon starter preference tweets, would you?

Because who needs an opinion, am I right?
"wow i didnt know 21% of trainers had bad taste"

"STAY LOSING TEAM POPPLIO"

"more like 21% of trainers are either blind or purposely ignoring the #facts"

"When Popplio fanboys can't accept the truth Popplio Got only 21% vote compared to 41% Rowlet I feel like"

"HAHA SUCK IT CLOWN"

"21% of people are dumb lel"
Maybe someone does, but I could do without a few.

PLEASE MAKE THIS MEAN A DAMN FINE ADAPTATION OF THE METROID MANGA
INB4 it's terrible like R&C allegedly is. </3

EDIT
approximate time frame

Last edited:

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Maybe someone does, but I could do without a few.
Well, I mean **** them.

Twitter's a cancerous place, sometimes.

But not as cancerous as other places, such as Youtube, Steam, Tumblr, etc.

When you think about it, everything's pretty toxic on the internet, though.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Well I mean, Rowlet IS my favorite (probably favorite overall, now, don't even know its evos), but I'm not degrading anybody who prefers a different Pokemon.

(Even though I'd probably defend my Hoodini with my heart and soul)

(Literally wish you could decorate Pokemon with accessories, I'd give him a little top hat and everything)
Maybe he will get one once he evolves (and a wood monocle?)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Kinda surprising to only see a Smash Wii U review now from a moderately big YouTuber who's known for Nintendo coverage.

I like how he went through pretty much every mode in the game, though I personally disagree with a lot of what he says. For the most part, it's just the expected "SMASH WII U IS AN AMAZING GAME" response, so other than covering things in great detail, the review isn't awfully different.

Last edited:

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Maybe he will get one once he evolves (and a wood monocle?)
That's honestly my ever-living dream. I want myself a little posh owl friend and be with him as he dive-bombs into everything like a warplane.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Why would Rowlet lose the Flying type???
My best guess may have to do with the fact that some evolutions have been known to change a Pokemon's secondary typing. Nincada is one example, where its Bug/Ground-typing changes to Bug/Flying when it evolves into Ninjask. Similarly, Scyther changes from Bug/Flying to Bug/Steel when it evolves into Scizor.

Of course, I don't see Rowlet's evolutions ever losing the Grass/Flying-type.

D

Deleted member

My best guess may have to do with the fact that some evolutions have been known to change a Pokemon's secondary typing. Nincada is one example, where its Bug/Ground-typing changes to Bug/Flying when it evolves into Ninjask. Similarly, Scyther changes from Bug/Flying to Bug/Steel when it evolves into Scizor.

Of course, I don't see Rowlet's evolutions ever losing the Grass/Flying-type.
I'm pretty sure they wouldn't give a starter a secondary type if its evolutions wouldn't keep it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom