• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
S-sorry. I tend to be pretty dense. It took me a minute to register what you were getting at. :urg::cry:

Please don't me frustrated with me, I'm sorry. :urg::cry:
Oh, no, it's really fine. It was really my bad for not just putting up a link in the first place.

No worries. :)
Everyone loves Toothless

The only huggable dragon in media
Well I mean there's always Dragon tales...

I'd imagine they're pretty huggable: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Tales

(I BET YOU NOBODY REMEMBERS THIS SHOW, SERIOUSLY)

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Oh, no, it's really fine. It was really my bad for not just putting up a link in the first place.

*Whew* Thank you. . .

Also I remember that. Don't remember what happened in it, but without looking I can tell you there was these two kids with a magical rainbow stone that took them to the dragon world and there was a blue dragon guy, an old yellow dragon, and this green and purple two headed dragon.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Everyone loves Toothless

The only huggable dragon in media
I mean Falkor looks pretty frikking fluffy tbh...

But Toothless is awesome...I love his cat-like design as well, simple enough but yet very clever at the same time...

One thing I can say about HTTYD is that the title does not do the movie justice, I neglected watching the film for a while because the title gave me the wrong idea about what it was about...after watching it, I loved it...

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I mean Falkor looks pretty frikking fluffy tbh...

But Toothless is awesome...I love his cat-like design as well, simple enough but yet very clever at the same time...

One thing I can say about HTTYD is that the title does not do the movie justice, I neglected watching the film for a while because the title gave me the wrong idea about what it was about...after watching it, I loved it...
Funny thing, kinda like Kung Fu Panda and this, I thought those movies were gonna suck hard.

And yet they both surprised me. Although I still believe their sequels are weaker but it's less that the first films were borderline perfect

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Funny thing, kinda like Kung Fu Panda and this, I thought those movies were gonna suck hard.

And yet they both surprised me. Although I still believe their sequels are weaker but it's less that the first films were borderline perfect
Same situation with The Incredibles actually...thought it was going to be pretty lame but it ended up being my favourite Pixar film...which says a lot considering all the great films made by Pixar...

Incredibles 2 is on the way as well which is awesome...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Considering it's made for preschooler's, and I was 13 when it was out...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Oh man, I remember that show. Really the only thing I remember is what the characters looked like, the fact they used a scale to travel to the dragon place (forget if it was Dragon World or Dragonland), and Ord's name, since it's so dumb.

Ord.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

You kidding? Dragon Tales and Blue's Clues were the grandparents of my childhood. They were my two favorite shows when I was little.

I remember Zak and Wheezie the best. Mostly because of Wheezie's catchphrase. "LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT!".

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I just saw Civil War...here are my thoughts:

Overall, I enjoyed the movie. It had some good cinematography, and the acting was great. Black Panther was a surprise hit with me, I really enjoyed his story. I liked some of the meta humor the film had, and it had good pacing overall.

The one thing that really bothers me is that too much of the movie's conflict relies on pure coincidence. Zemo knew exactly how to cause to the divide between Rogers/Stark. He orchestrated the events too perfectly. He also knew about Stark's parents before Stark knew, which is kind of reaching as Tony has always been portrayed as an obsessive data-driven guy.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Speaking of Civil War, I was messing around in Photoshop tonight for practice. This is what I came up with.

Thought this Runbow image could potentially make for a cool Civil War mock-up poster, so I had a little fun modifying it.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Civil War lived up to the hype.

Spider Man was amazing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wow. I was just randomly browsing gamestop's website and I notice Vita doesn't even have a main button now, it's hidden away.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Wow. I was just randomly browsing gamestop's website and I notice Vita doesn't even have a main button now, it's hidden away.

Reminds me of the last time I went to buy some games (got Hyrule Warriors Legends).

Every platform had a dedicated shelf, but Vita stuff was nowhere to be seen.

And they say the Wii U is a flop. Vita is in an even worse position.

Of course, when it's Nintendo, they're doomed, even though the 3DS has been doing quite well. Contradictions...

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'll give Civil War this: It was certainly the best case scenario for an adaptation of a comic arc widely debated on being one of the stupidest things to have come out of Marvel. At least Iron Man is tolerable in the movie version.

I'm still waiting for my Squirrel Girl movie though. When is that coming out Marvel?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Reminds me of the last time I went to buy some games (got Hyrule Warriors Legends).

Every platform had a dedicated shelf, but Vita stuff was nowhere to be seen.

And they say the Wii U is a flop. Vita is in an even worse position.

Of course, when it's Nintendo, they're doomed, even though the 3DS has been doing quite well. Contradictions...
Vita actually has quite a bit more sales than the Wii U.

It flopped in the West but Japan loves it. Unlike the Wii U, which flopped everywhere.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
"pokken outsells street fighter 5 in the west"
and no one is surprized....and if you were you must not be familiar with pokemon

and before you go "oh but street fighter is one of the biggest names in fighting games" your right it is....but that equates to **** all
when in comparison to pokemon

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
I still have yet to see Civil War.

My sister did see it yesterday, though.

Considering how the rest of my family's so savvy for Marvel, I should at least be able to see it soon enough... I hope...

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Here's a question, what is your favourite movie/video game that had a sequel you hated/thought was terrible?

for movies...It would be between Alien or Jaws...Alien 3 and Jaws 3 & 4 were pretty horrible...
for video games...Super Metroid....guess which sequel....
While I really can't say much about game sequels that I've hated, I do know that while I did play Dillon's Rolling Western, I never did bother with its sequel title. Similarly, I only played the first Paper Mario, and never even cared about it sequels very much.

As for movies, while I did watch Ice Age: The Meltdown once, I did kind of feel that the first Ice Age was enough, and making sequels felt rather unnecessary.

And then there's the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, where the ones in the most recent live-action movie looked very ugly for my tastes. You don't even have to see the movie to know that the turtles looked way off when compared to their past movies.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
"pokken outsells street fighter 5 in the west"
and no one is surprized....and if you were you must not be familiar with pokemon

and before you go "oh but street fighter is one of the biggest names in fighting games" your right it is....but that equates to **** all
when in comparison to pokemon
It didn't take digital and PC sales into account iirc, so it might have sold a little bit more...

Just a bit.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Abysmal Sequels?

After DS, Dawn, and Dusk were bringing some good quality back into Digimon as a Gaming IP.... this.
This just hit all the damn wrong marks and despite putting probably 250 hours between the last 3 games combined, I didn't even purchase this one after the trailer.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This is the lowest user and guest count I've ever seen in this thread.

Thought it was the Rosalina Social for a minute.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
This is the lowest user and guest count I've ever seen in this thread.

Thought it was the Rosalina Social for a minute.
Dude there's so many dead threads on this section of the forum

This is one of the only salvations

We here are all blessed with the gift of just talking to random strangers about stuff

We must salvage this gift all that we can.

D

Deleted member

Here's a question, what is your favourite movie/video game that had a sequel you hated/thought was terrible?

for movies...It would be between Alien or Jaws...Alien 3 and Jaws 3 & 4 were pretty horrible...
for video games...Super Metroid....guess which sequel....
I'm a little late to this but...
We talked about perfect games some days ago, didn't we? Well, let's talk about that game's sequel

This game is the prime example of terrible sequels
Two things: you don't take all the lore the first game built and throw it in the trash; second: you don't take all the things that made the first game great and throw it in the trash
Ugh, just, ugh, I can't even begin to express how much I hate this thing

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
Games:
Anything involving Rabbids.
I'll admit, Rabbids Go Home was the last great one for me (in fact, looking back it and the first Rabbids were the best ones). Boy was Go Home fun, especially since the gameplay is easy to beat yet hard to master, and the smart decision to drop the Rayman association entirely, since he had less prominence with every new installment. I never really bothered with any version of Travel in Time, and Rabbids Land completely killed any interest I had left.

Also have a fresh batch of rips, made at 7:30 in the morning;
Bonus Stage - Wrecking Crew
Knuckles' Theme (Unused Vocal Mix) - Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Green Hill Zone (Alternate Mix) - Sonic the Hedgehog
Stage 1 Theme - Polybius (headphones warning, prolonged exposure to song may cause headaches and other side-effects)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'll admit, Rabbids Go Home was the last great one for me (in fact, looking back it and the first Rabbids were the best ones). Boy was Go Home fun, especially since the gameplay is easy to beat yet hard to master, and the smart decision to drop the Rayman association entirely, since he had less prominence with every new installment. I never really bothered with any version of Travel in Time, and Rabbids Land completely killed any interest I had left.

Also have a fresh batch of rips, made at 7:30 in the morning;
Bonus Stage - Wrecking Crew
Knuckles' Theme (Unused Vocal Mix) - Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Green Hill Zone (Alternate Mix) - Sonic the Hedgehog
Stage 1 Theme - Polybius (headphones warning, prolonged exposure to song may cause headaches and other side-effects)
Looking at this and your warning...my god, did he actually rip Polybius? :laugh: That's hilarious, especially given its status as the sort of grandfather of gaming conspiracy theories and creepypastas. :p

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I'll admit, Rabbids Go Home was the last great one for me (in fact, looking back it and the first Rabbids were the best ones).
I remember my cousins having that game, it seemed fun, but I honestly always asked them to let me play that part where the Rabbid is inside the Wiimote and you can shake it violently out of rage, it was great stress reliever (specially since it was the time where Rayman was still somewhat dead as a franchise because of them).

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Vita actually has quite a bit more sales than the Wii U.

It flopped in the West but Japan loves it. Unlike the Wii U, which flopped everywhere.
You have a point there, but I wasn't talking about Japan.

Also, Japan is a rather small market compared to the behemoth that is the NA and EU markets together.

Yes, Vita sells a lot there (over a million unit sold, in fact), which hardly comes as a surprise given their preference for handheld gaming, but the little to no impact in the West basically overshadows that.

Xbox One is still doing good despite the nonexistent sales in Japan.

Of course, it would be interesting to analyse the sales of Wii U and PS Vita side-by-side, but Sony hasn't published any sales figures since 2014...

Either way, both are the the worst selling consoles in their respective markets. :p Ironic, considering the same companies lead the other markets (i.e. Nintendo dominates handhelds with the 3DS and Sony dominates the home consoles with the PS4).

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Japan is a massively different market than here.

Handheld gaming is king over there and PS4 is only selling due to being the only decent option for console gaming for them and even then it isn't as strong as NA or EU.

Plus Vita is still considered a flop because the only ones who gives a damn about it are indie devs which I commend and nothing but garbage animu fanservice RPGs that aren't special and the big games we got over here were already released before like Digimon Cyber Sleuth.

And this is coming from a Vita owner. That thing is a bigger flop than the Wii U since Sony hasn't released any game from their studios since Freedom Wars which was a massive disappointment

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The differences between the markets or anything like that are completely irrelevant to my point.

People mock the Vita for being less successful than the Wii U, when it should be the other way around if you wanna play the mocking game.

It doesn't matter if Wii U does better over here (and I'm not even sure if it does), the point is that overall, Vita is a more successful console than the Wii U. Which should really drive home how much of a flop the Wii U is.

The difference between Vita and Wii U, is that the former managed to achieve what is considered "success" in one region. The latter achieved success in none. Both of these claims come from the companies that made the respective systems.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Comparing a console to a handheld is really stupid, especially since Japan ADORES handhelds. 3DS has absolutely decimated Vita both in terms of sales and library, that is no debate.

Wii U is a flop in terms of sales but has a really strong library. Vita is a flop in both.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm a little late to this but...
We talked about perfect games some days ago, didn't we? Well, let's talk about that game's sequel

This game is the prime example of terrible sequels
Two things: you don't take all the lore the first game built and throw it in the trash; second: you don't take all the things that made the first game great and throw it in the trash
Ugh, just, ugh, I can't even begin to express how much I hate this thing
I really didn't think Chrono Cross lived up to the original at all, but if you take away the "Chrono" part of the name, I don't think the game was that bad. The only thing bad about it is it didn't live up to the original

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I heard that the Tokyo Mirage Sessions concert was a huge hit with fans of the game and every extra goodie they had sold out (starting with the shirts and hoodies). This large image should give you all a hint of the Sun Plaza's size and how packed both shows in Japan were.

Not bad for an incredibly niche Wii U IP with W101 level sales.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Here's why I'd say Vita flopped harder. Sony just left it there, hoping it'd be able to sell itself, giving no reason for people to get it. Nintendo kept making games for the Wii U, and although it isn't successful either, Nintendo's still pushing it, giving people a reason to get it. Tell me, why should I get a Vita? The Wii U gave people Smash, Zelda, Mario, Wonderful 101, Bayonetta, blablabla. Vita has zero selling points, as the only games worth a damn on it are on PS4 aswell

Bananija

Count of Trickery
9/10 minimum. It's a great movie : the characters all have good motivation for their team (except maybe Ant-Man), the action is top notch, Black Panther and Spooderman were awesome Martin Freeman made an appearance and the ending is twisted. I loved that Vision's cooking scene and the fact it turned out Bucky didn't killed the dad with thought he killed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom