• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I honestly forgot Problem Solverz exist. I was glad when it got cancelled for being the ugly mess it was. And to believe Adult Swim rejected it for being too cute.

But now that you reminded me of that show, I have a reason to rage at its existence.

Professor Utonium had it with Cartoon Network's **** for ruining the Powerpuff Girls this year.

Let's add Ruby to the party since rage is her middle name.

D

Deleted member

Ha! Says the guy who plays JRPGs 10x more weeby than any game I've ever played in my lifetime! :chuckle:

Oh, and Fire Emblem Fates, one of the biggest examples of a series inserting as many otaku-pandering elements as possible for cheap sales regardless of whether they fit the series' thematic as a whole or not.

The hypocrisy is real. Hahahahaha! :demon:

(I pity those who take this too seriously. Remember: we all play Japanese games, being Nintendo fans and all. One may argue we are in no position to call others weebs, though said one may definitely not be myself.)

And now, fun time is over and being serious, I still dislike being called a weeb (and always will). Call me a fan of Japanese culture, an anime fan and all that. I won't mind. Just don't call me a weeb or an otaku, due to implications those terms carry. (Yes, I'm picky with words.)

True, I have an appreciation for Japanese pop culture and history, and especially in regards to the latter, I enjoy history as a subject itself, not just in regards to Japan. It's one reason I don't have a lot of faith in humanity, as we as a species seem bound to repeat the same mistakes over centuries, in spite of many progresses in many different subjects (or perhaps because of them?).

Anyway, without going on philosophical tangents (why yes, I also have a great appreciation for philosophy and studying it in high school really made an impact in my life and how I think and partake in arguments), I'm not the kind of clown who thinks everything Japanese is superior. As a matter of fact, I do not believe in the concept of a culture being superior to another. It's quite the repulsive view... One that directly ties to the point I make in the above paragraph. (It may not be so obvious, but I always encourage people to think by never going into all of the details...)

Let it be known that, in spite of having watched so many anime series, I do not have my room full of figures and all that sort of merchandise. Some people right here, on this very forum, have invested a lot more than I ever did in such stuff in my lifetime. You see, I'm a little bit against materialism (so prevalent in modern day society...) and I'd rather spend money on things I know for sure they're a good investment.

I won't lie: I sometimes look at that Ganondorf amiibo sitting in the store shelf and almost kinda want to pick it up, but I prefer to stay true to my ideals, putting my beliefs over emotions.

Ah... And to think this is like a snowball that ran out of control, insanely growing in size as it rolls down the mountain with no end in sight... One pushed by the mere mention of the Japanese term "kawaii".

Amusing, I've often used foreign terms of other origins, namely Latin, yet no one batted an eye. Yet, it seems the exoticism of the Japanese language, coming all the way from the ever-so-distant archipelago seems to raise eyebrows and catch the attention of the anime avatar-donning (seemingly) anti-weeb brigade. What a spectacular show of contradiction!

Then again, I do not like calling myself a gamer, yet I like video games a lot. (Seeing a similar pattern here?)

With all this said, I shall be off.

(I will also pity those who think I'm overly mad over a trivial matter like this. In fact, I was quite inspired to write all this in such a calm and collected tone, though I'd say it's kind of obvious given the snark, metaphors and rhetorical questions...)
Tl;dr?
Anyways, you used kawaii, that's enough for me to call you and "individual who is a weeb by definition but prefers the term japan-fanatic"
:^)
I will say Uncle Grandpa has some great qualities.

It's nice and tries to teach kids morals.

It actually cares and for that I consider it a great show.

Teen Titans Go does exactly the opposite. It teachers BAD lessons...
Hahaha
Yeah, no, they definitely don't care
I didn't know that we had a gym leader in the thread

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Yo.
People who know the comicverse better than I.
Why would MvC4 be unable to have X-Men and Fantastic 4 characters again?
Marvel don't own the rights to distribution.

Up until recently the same was true of Spider-man which is why there weren't any extra Spider-Man characters in MvC3.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Marvel don't own the rights to distribution.

Up until recently the same was true of Spider-man which is why there weren't any extra Spider-Man characters in MvC3.
It boggles me how certain companies don't have full rights to their own characters.
But it is what it is.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I would like to remind you one episode of Sanjay and Craig completely revolved around Sanjay being pregnant with a fart.

Nick quality.
Oh, that's another reason why I hate Nick.

Right next to the garbage known as Breadwinners. What type of cartoon has a stock image as a side character and think it is funny?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hahaha
Yeah, no, they definitely don't care
If they work at putting morals in as frequently as they do, they definitely care.

The humor is lol random, but the content of it isn't.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Steven Universe is one of those shows that I judged from it's previews.

I saw some of them. And I hated the show's imaginary guys instantly. It looked incredibly stupid to me. Later on I decided to give it another shot, and it's a show on my backlog that I'm slowly catching up with. I've come to like it quite a bit.

Actually, there are like three other cartoons I judged from previews that ended up becoming some of my favorites. :laugh:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I will say Uncle Grandpa has some great qualities.

It's nice and tries to teach kids morals.

It actually cares and for that I consider it a great show.

Teen Titans Go does exactly the opposite. It teachers BAD lessons...
Hey they had that one episode where this happened:

They taught a lesson no one else would.

And I actually really like Gumball.

Why does it get **** on so much?

It's really clever and usually pretty funny. Arguable one of the best shows on CN imo.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Don't forget pickle & peanut.
(even if that is Disney)

So Wander over Yonder can't have a third season while this **** stays on the air? Might as well question Disney's priorities at this point.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Gumball is something that was actually good. Case and point, the Dutch dub was good. This is the equivalent of 4kids dubbing Mirai Nikki and keeping everything intact without censorship

Speaking of didney wurl I should check out Gravity Falls some day

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Oh, that's another reason why I hate Nick.

Right next to the garbage known as Breadwinners. What type of cartoon has a stock image as a side character and think it is funny?
I don't mind using stock images for a quick gag or two. But Breadwinners uses it far too much.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

So Wander over Yonder can't have a third season while this **** stays on the air? Might as well question Disney's priorities at this point.
Seriously though, what gives Disney?
Gumball is something that was actually good. Case and point, the Dutch dub was good. This is the equivalent of 4kids dubbing Mirai Nikki and keeping everything intact without censorship

Speaking of didney wurl I should check out Gravity Falls some day
Gumball is great, as is Gravity Falls!

Definitely worth watching!

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I've seen about 15 episodes of Gumball, I did really like what I saw. Love the contrasting art styles of the characters.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
For a time I watched Gumball, but episodes of that show were typically a hit or miss for me. I stopped watching it sometime in it's second season.

I haven't watched CN much at all in the past several months. I'm way behind on Adventure Time and Steven Universe.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I don't really watch anything on Cartoon Network anymore. I've never really been a fan of Breadwinners/Gumball/TeenT/Bears/etc.
I watched Regular Show and AdvTime for a while but they both lost the spark that made them fun to watch. I think the only thing I ever watch on CN nowadays is reruns of King of the Hill.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Teen Titans Go is like Bubsy 3D.

I don't know why it happened, it just did.
And the creators of that show (alongside the ones of the new Memepuff Girls) probably said:

"What could possibly go wrong?"

when it was pretty obvious that:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I stopped watching CN when the DC stuff like Young Justice and Green Lantern got cancelled in tandem with them losing Star Wars to Disney.

From the short glimpses I've had when I have dinner and switch to Futurama on Sky from whatever my youngest brother was watching I've missed nothing worthwhile.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I don't really watch anything on Cartoon Network anymore. I've never really been a fan of Breadwinners/Gumball/TeenT/Bears/etc.
I watched Regular Show and AdvTime for a while but they both lost the spark that made them fun to watch. I think the only thing I ever watch on CN nowadays is reruns of King of the Hill.
I can't believe you're watching anime on Cartoon Network

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Speak of the devil, the shoo-in finally got the roster slot he deserves.

Now no one can beat his Kremwood Forest record unless they fight him irl

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
And for those who still don't believe that Ghostly Adventures is bad, enjoy this wonderfully cringey intro song.

And now I'm off to marathon Sayonara Zetsubou-Sensei.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
And for those who still don't believe that Ghostly Adventures is bad, enjoy this wonderfully cringey intro song.

*cringes intensifies*

I'll be the first to say I'm glad Sakurai made the right choice of sticking with classic Pac-Man in Smash. Namco was insane in the first place for even making this show. Just to sell toys and make him relevant with children.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

OK, that was horrible. ._. And that singing voice...no.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517

WOOOOOOAH

THE PAC

HE'S BACK

DID YOU KNOW

HE'S BACK

THE PAC

I DON'T THINK YOU KNEW ALREADY

HE'S BACK

WHAT'S THAT? WHO'S BACK?

THE PAC

(Holy ****, he's not back anymore, he's really just... there. A back in his own Pac. Poor guy.)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also, people are still upset about PPG spamming memes, right? Wait about 20 years for the Gravity Falls reboot with an entire episode being focused on HERE COME DAT BOI''
Alex Hirsch would never let this atrocity happen!

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So...

Is the Playstation NEO actually worth anything?
If you like a scam of a console than its a maybe. I just hate it because it ****s over early adapters hard and considering its forcing devs to develop for it instead of being optional in sense and it's pissing them off, I believe this will kinda hurt Sony in a long run
People are super stupid and I pointed this out for a while.

Even then Naughty Dog hasn't been the same ND for YEARS especially considering they won't touch a series like Jak & Daxter because it's too kiddy and Jak 4 concept looks awful
The Last of Us.

Depending on who you ask it's either Naughty Dog's greatest gift to video games or "Oscar Bait: The Game".
Why not both?
Even then th game is still good but I got my issues with it and I just never cared because I saw one look (Surivival Horror with Zombies) and said no.
Teen Titans Go is like Bubsy 3D.

I don't know why it happened, it just did.
Naw. That's Nu-PPG

Give TTGo some credit, it has its own audience and when it isn't being up its own ass, it's a decent show

Man that show is...really a mess. And those eyes are scary man

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I bought a capture card about a year ago that I never got working, and I just started looking into it again.

I'm starting to think I made a mistake though. At the very least, I don't think I can use it on my laptop at all (even though I pass all of the checks in the diagnostic software) and will have to wait until I get my own PC rig.

I still have my old Elgato which is fine I guess but it can't do 1080p 60FPS. And it's bit rate is only 30mbps.

Not that I don't know how to push it's quality for YouTube, as I definitely can as I know my way around YouTube's awful compression.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
And what's a bad show without a forced meme joke that's gross and unfunny?

The fact these Pac-Worlders find a massive inflated child with zits funny show they have low standards.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
And what's a bad show without a forced meme joke that's gross and unfunny?

The fact these Pac-Worlders find a massive inflated child with zits funny show they have low standards.
This episode, this ****ing episode.

I literally dropped the show easily after seeing it. I can take things like Ren & Stimpy or The Grim Adventures of Billy & Many, but did they seriously have to show pus flying out of Pac's face when the zits popped at the end?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom