• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Tell your brother (in private will most likely be necessary) that the best course of action when anyone gives him **** for being LGBT is to shove that **** back down their throats.
Will do ma'am, will do.

This would be something he would love to do, especially when the last thing he did was rob his ex's house after being attacked by him in public after he heard of what his parents wanted him to do. It's very confusing, but I guess some people are just that crazy when they get rejected.

Now that you know, I must deal with you!
:p

Just look at what zebei said! He knows the truth
:p

Hi there! Welcome to the N Zone!

These are awesome! I want all of them! They are so cute!
Bring it on

Also, wish I could remember who said what... Names and profile pictures just don't seem to be enough for me, apparently...
You get used to it sooer or later. I couldn't tell who anyone is other than from their avatar for months. People switching avis threw me for a loop:psycho:
Plus holy **** this thread's moving at the speed of sound atm.
Welcome to Nintenzone :laugh:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Will do ma'am, will do.

This would be something he would love to do, especially when the last thing he did was rob his ex's house after being attacked by him in public after he heard of what his parents wanted him to do. It's very confusing, but I guess some people are just that crazy when they get rejected.
I mean, your parents are the kind of people I'd strap stuck to a chair and have a stripper of the same gender perform for them for 3 hours with their eyes forced open. ****, most people who are stupidly vocal against it are in the closet

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
in what kind of world are fighting games only worth a new retail price if you're going to go to top level with them

You can just enjoy the novelty of Iron Man beating up Ryu or real-time Pokemon fighting without going to tournaments, wtf

also speaking of which I held a small event with some friends where we had some games set up. I had street fighter and it got a lot more activity than I thought. everyone who played it thought it was really fun and they'd never touched a traditional fighter before.

one of the people who runs the venue, who is a middle-aged woman, thought the game was awesome despite not really knowing what to do

she also requested that the players refrain from playing the female characters due to their promiscuity because there were little kids

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Will do ma'am, will do.

All I have to say is that your brother is a rebel and I like that. Anyone who does that out of heartbreak deserves to their their ex's gifts bought for them taken back from him/her by force.

Also, thank you so much dear.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Sometimes, a coming out party can be a personal celebration between family and friends of an individual who "opens up" before them or anyone else they love. Essentially, breaking out of that closet instead of being in that heterosexual coat for far too long. It's not commonly a ceremony among the LGBT community, but it does occur for a small amount.
Well, I personally know little about sexuality, but glad you could express your true feelings and have a supporting family for it.

(A party, though...? Isn't that just overdoing it a little bit...?)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
in what kind of world are fighting games only worth a new retail price if you're going to go to top level with them

You can just enjoy the novelty of Iron Man beating up Ryu or real-time Pokemon fighting without going to tournaments, wtf
In a world where said fighting games also have enough content to justify said retail price.

Pokkén and launch SFV are not part of that world.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I mean, your parents are the kind of people I'd strap stuck to a chair and have a stripper of the same gender perform for them for 3 hours with their eyes forced open. ****, most people who are stupidly vocal against it are in the closet
Possibly, that could be true. My dad used to be soft as **** as a kid and didn't toughen up until high school. While my mother on the other hand loves to fight girls on the streets when she walked. I can sooooo tell they have some things up their brains.

And the description of your torture was too funny. :laugh:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Well, I personally know little about sexuality, but glad you could express your true feelings and have a supporting family for it.

(A party, though...? Isn't that just overdoing it a little bit...?)
Look at it this way. Why do people have birthday parties? To celebrate the fact they're growing. This party is to celebrate Aussie 'growing' by discovering herself and not being afraid about it. Therefore, a party is needed! And yes, I'm gonna harass my mother to get me a cake until she caves. Or gets annoyed to the point she needs alone time

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
In a world where said fighting games also have enough content to justify said retail price.

Pokkén and launch SFV are not part of that world.
i'm not really sure what content has to do with what I said

people will drop a lot of money just because they like playing the game itself with friends every so often. casual players don't only care about content, they like games for their gameplay too

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Possibly, that could be true. My dad used to be soft as **** as a kid and didn't toughen up until high school. While my mother on the other hand loves to fight girls on the streets when she walked. I can sooooo tell they have some things up their brains.

And the description of your torture was too funny. :laugh:
If there is a god, the only good thing they did to me is give me this razor-sharp tongue
"Haha, you oppose (x), so you must secretly be (x)"

----
That's not even it. There were studies on it, Hell, I went through a 'masculine' phase out of fear people would find out about me being trans

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm fine with Pokkén even with it's small roster. It's a good start for a first time.

Killer Instinct was given some similar criticism at launch but thankfully I picked up the game once Season 3 was only a week away.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
And Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei that hunger games was hilarious!

And pokken beating street fighter is somewhat surprising but not by much.

Oh and Pokken had 3 years of development time it would appear.
http://www.shacknews.com/article/80743/pokken-fighters-trademarked-by-the-pokemon-company

So I wouldn't say it was rushed.

What about SV5 though?
Anyone know when that started.
SFV was revealed late 2014, so development probably started earlier in the year or the last half of 2013.

Just a guess, though.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
i'm not really sure what content has to do with what I said but ok
Judging by the remark of "why can't people get their full retail price worth out of the novelty of seeing X character punch Y character", I'm assuming you saw the earlier discussion on how Pokkén and SFV don't feel like they're worth retail price, and judging by how you said "you don't need to go pro to get full retail price worth of your money", you misinterpreted what I meant in that discussion when I said "Pokkén isn't worth the money unless you want to go pro".

I don't think fighting games in general "aren't worth the money unless you go pro". I just mean games like Pokkén where, there is literally nothing to do in the game other than bog standard fights and a single-player mode that's just bog standard fights against a super dumb A.I. As such, I don't feel it is worth 60 quid unless you really intend to go pro, especially considering how unorthodox the mechanics are. Especially since the local multiplayer is bad unless you can use LAN. That was a criticism I aimed specifically at Pokkén, not at the genre.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Look at it this way. Why do people have birthday parties? To celebrate the fact they're growing. This party is to celebrate Aussie 'growing' by discovering herself and not being afraid about it. Therefore, a party is needed! And yes, I'm gonna harass my mother to get me a cake until she caves. Or gets annoyed to the point she needs alone time
That is true and it's the biggest reason why a party.

And I do hope you get that cake though. It's very sweet and moist when baked perfectly at your local wholesale store.

D

Deleted member

Aussie came out as bisexual. And she gets a cake. Alongside a party. I want a cake dammit
All I got was pointless psychology sessions and unnecessary drama smh I want a party too :/
If there is a god, the only good thing they did to me is give me this razor-sharp tongue

That's not even it. There were studies on it, Hell, I went through a 'masculine' phase out of fear people would find out about me being trans
I still remember that when I was a kid I was always afraid that people would think I was a girl because of my long hair :p

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
That is true and it's the biggest reason why a party.

And I do hope you get that cake though. It's very sweet and moist when baked perfectly at your local wholesale store.
Topped delicately with the ripest strawberries, layered perfectly with rich, rich buttercream frosting, can't forget the amazingly luscious chocolate filling inside!

And to top it all off, there's even a little smiley face on the plate when you're finished bingeeatinglikethepigyouare with this amazing cake that lets you know to come back and order a bigger cake!

Just call us over at (999)BBBBBB and order now!

(seriously though, i'm all caked out myself. ****'s good, though)

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
This came to mind recently and I really got to wonder what makes Teen Titans Go so popular.

Do kids love mindless slapstick, bright colors, and personalities that aren't like the original characters? I know like hell that I don't like that show as much as I hate Uncle Grandpa.

But that's basic network supply and demand for you.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Topped delicately with the ripest strawberries, layered perfectly with rich, rich buttercream frosting, can't forget the amazingly luscious chocolate filling inside!

And to top it all off, there's even a little smiley face on the plate when you're finished bingeeatinglikethepigyouare with this amazing cake that lets you know to come back and order a bigger cake!

Just call us over at (999)GOF-**U-RSLF and order now!

(seriously though, i'm all caked out myself. ****'s good, though)
Don't misspell swear words on purpose btw. Not allowed on this site. I suggest editting it out before the mod squad Ganonbans you or something

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Its been awhile since I played Pokken actually...

Thing is...compared to SFV, Pokken's the first of its series and it introduced a different concept for fighting games with phase shifting which is likely something that took a while for devs to get a good grasp on while making the game...which likely contributes to the lack of content and subpar story...there really is no excuse for the voice acting but at least you had the option to turn it off completely...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Remember how you got angry when I called you a weeb? Yeah, I'm sorry but I was right :p
Ha! Says the guy who plays JRPGs 10x more weeby than any game I've ever played in my lifetime! :chuckle:

Oh, and Fire Emblem Fates, one of the biggest examples of a series inserting as many otaku-pandering elements as possible for cheap sales regardless of whether they fit the series' thematic as a whole or not.

The hypocrisy is real. Hahahahaha! :demon:

(I pity those who take this too seriously. Remember: we all play Japanese games, being Nintendo fans and all. One may argue we are in no position to call others weebs, though said one may definitely not be myself.)

And now, fun time is over and being serious, I still dislike being called a weeb (and always will). Call me a fan of Japanese culture, an anime fan and all that. I won't mind. Just don't call me a weeb or an otaku, due to implications those terms carry. (Yes, I'm picky with words.)

True, I have an appreciation for Japanese pop culture and history, and especially in regards to the latter, I enjoy history as a subject itself, not just in regards to Japan. It's one reason I don't have a lot of faith in humanity, as we as a species seem bound to repeat the same mistakes over centuries, in spite of many progresses in many different subjects (or perhaps because of them?).

Anyway, without going on philosophical tangents (why yes, I also have a great appreciation for philosophy and studying it in high school really made an impact in my life and how I think and partake in arguments), I'm not the kind of clown who thinks everything Japanese is superior. As a matter of fact, I do not believe in the concept of a culture being superior to another. It's quite the repulsive view... One that directly ties to the point I make in the above paragraph. (It may not be so obvious, but I always encourage people to think by never going into all of the details...)

Let it be known that, in spite of having watched so many anime series, I do not have my room full of figures and all that sort of merchandise. Some people right here, on this very forum, have invested a lot more than I ever did in such stuff in my lifetime. You see, I'm a little bit against materialism (so prevalent in modern day society...) and I'd rather spend money on things I know for sure they're a good investment.

I won't lie: I sometimes look at that Ganondorf amiibo sitting in the store shelf and almost kinda want to pick it up, but I prefer to stay true to my ideals, putting my beliefs over emotions.

Ah... And to think this is like a snowball that ran out of control, insanely growing in size as it rolls down the mountain with no end in sight... One pushed by the mere mention of the Japanese term "kawaii".

Amusing, I've often used foreign terms of other origins, namely Latin, yet no one batted an eye. Yet, it seems the exoticism of the Japanese language, coming all the way from the ever-so-distant archipelago seems to raise eyebrows and catch the attention of the anime avatar-donning (seemingly) anti-weeb brigade. What a spectacular show of contradiction!

Then again, I do not like calling myself a gamer, yet I like video games a lot. (Seeing a similar pattern here?)

With all this said, I shall be off.

(I will also pity those who think I'm overly mad over a trivial matter like this. In fact, I was quite inspired to write all this in such a calm and collected tone, though I'd say it's kind of obvious given the snark, metaphors and rhetorical questions...)

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
This came to mind recently and I really got to wonder what makes Teen Titans Go so popular.

Do kids love mindless slapstick, bright colors, and personalities that aren't like the original characters? I know like hell that I don't like that show as much as I hate Uncle Grandpa.

I think it's the whole "Slice of Life" thing that attracts people to it.

Then again, they did an entire episode where the only word they said was waffles, so maybe it's just kids like flashy things.

It does make me wonder how UG got cancelled in the first place, though... (I mean, it is cancelled, right? That's what I heard.)

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

You basically described kids cartoons and animated reboots in a nutshell.

But I agree both UG and Toddler Titans are ****. Same goes for Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures because every character is that annoying.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Don't misspell swear words on purpose btw. Not allowed on this site. I suggest editting it out before the mod squad Ganonbans you or something
good call, thanks. But do you mind changing the reply to cover up tracks...? I just don't want any problems whatsoever.

*and as I say this memories of the dead horse are flashing through my head at the speed of light*

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Uncle Grandpa.
I will say Uncle Grandpa has some great qualities.

It's nice and tries to teach kids morals.

It actually cares and for that I consider it a great show.

Teen Titans Go does exactly the opposite. It teachers BAD lessons...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I think it's the whole "Slice of Life" thing that attracts people to it.

Then again, they did an entire episode where the only word they said was waffles, so maybe it's just kids like flashy things.

It does make me wonder how UG got cancelled in the first place, though... (I mean, it is cancelled, right? That's what I heard.)
That may be true, the slice of life aspects are it that attractive to children. That waffles episode is what truly made me realize how mindless and annoying the Titans are in the show. Beast Boy, Robin, and Cyborg got hit the hardest with their new annoying character. Starfire is more ditsy, but not as annoying. Then Raven is more OoC in more ways than one.

They cut all future episodes beyond the upcoming fourth and five season, so Uncle Grandpa is definitely cancelled. Thank the Helix Fossil.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I will say Uncle Grandpa has some great qualities.

It's nice and tries to teach kids morals.

It actually cares and for that I consider it a great show.

Teen Titans Go does exactly the opposite. It teachers BAD lessons...
Wait...Teen Titans Go...Is absolutely outclassed by Rick and Morty when it comes to morals? Damn
AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27 is having a "coming-out" party? I didn't even know those things existed. Congrats! :grin:

I wish I could say mine went the same way, but it turned out the complete opposite. :urg:

As for cartoons, I can't say much. I don't have cable. :chuckle:
*hug* Feel my warm, cuddly arms as a consolation

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
That may be true, the slice of life aspects are it that attractive to children. That waffles episode is what truly made me realize how mindless and annoying the Titans are in the show. Beast Boy, Robin, and Cyborg got hit the hardest with their new annoying character. Starfire is more ditsy, but not as annoying. Then Raven is more OoC in more ways than one.

They cut all future episodes beyond the upcoming fourth and five season, so Uncle Grandpa is definitely cancelled. Thank the Helix Fossil.
I think they tried to do some sort of a plot like with the guy broadcasting their show and stuff and how he wanted it cancelled or whatever, but I don't think it worked out. I love how they literally just kicked themselves down by saying the original was much better than Go!, though. While Uncle Grandpa was bad, I think the worst show to air on CN was probably the Problem Solverz. (SMFA is also a high contender, but I actually liked that show a little bit.) It was ugly as all hell, wayyyyy too flashy, seizure-inducing, plus it only ran for about 3 episodes before it was cancelled. I mean seriously.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I've only seen one scene of Uncle Grandpa and it was a parody of the Kid's Show Awards, where UG got every single award. Honestly, I thought that one was kind of funny, but probably because I relate it to Nickelodeon and Spongebob.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27 is having a "coming-out" party? I didn't even know those things existed. Congrats! :grin:

I wish I could say mine went the same way, but it turned out the complete opposite. :urg:

As for cartoons, I can't say much. I don't have cable. :chuckle:
Awww, thanks Xenora.

I wished things could have turned out better for you. I even feared I would get that reaction before mustering the strength to tell them. But I guess it's much more negative for those in families that are all about God.

Praise the Rainbow Serpent!

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I think they tried to do some sort of a plot like with the guy broadcasting their show and stuff and how he wanted it cancelled or whatever, but I don't think it worked out. I love how they literally just kicked themselves down by saying the original was much better than Go!, though. While Uncle Grandpa was bad, I think the worst show to air on CN was probably the Problem Solverz. (SMFA is also a high contender, but I actually liked that show a little bit.) It was ugly as all hell, wayyyyy too flashy, seizure-inducing, plus it only ran for about 3 episodes before it was cancelled. I mean seriously.
I honestly forgot Problem Solverz exist. I was glad when it got cancelled for being the ugly mess it was. And to believe Adult Swim rejected it for being too cute.

But now that you reminded me of that show, I have a reason to rage at its existence.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm not fan of some of the recent stuff of CN (still wish they play much more Regular Show & Steven Universe rather than those **** loads of Gumball & Teen Titans they do everyday) but still more bearable than what Nick has recently.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
I'm not fan of some of the recent stuff of CN (still wish they play much more Regular Show & Steven Universe rather than those **** loads of Gumball & Teen Titans they do everyday) but still more bearable than what Nick has recently.
I would like to remind you one episode of Sanjay and Craig completely revolved around Sanjay being pregnant with a fart.

Nick quality.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Speaking of which I haven't watched Gumball in a long time (or Regular Show/AT)

Are they still any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom