• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Ohohoho, this is too accurate. Got to love the Steven Universe fandom (ignoring the terrible Tumblr side).

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
I mean, all of the Animes I saw were mostly ones my sister watched. She had this HUGE anime phase when she was younger, wouldn't stop raving about Italy and him going "pastaaaaaaaaaa~" or whatever. She also watched Fruits Basket and Sgt. Frog (The later of which is the only anime I like. Wish they'd make more episodes, honestly, I miss it.) But yeah, been meaning to watch One Punch Man and all that, and I already tacked down DBZ and KLK on my "To watch" list. Maybe I'll find another anime that I find above average, one of these days...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
This Jojo talk reminds me of pulling a Joseph at work yesterday. I mocked a colleague at lunch and if he can't think of a comeback, he likes to look smug, grab his knife to cut plastic wrappings to fake-threaten me and say "Watch it". When he reached for the knife I said "You're going to say 'Watch it', aren't you?" He looked terrified with how I read his mind, and a different colleague who also watches Jojo asked if I was secretly called Joseph

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
"Insert obligatory Mettaton joke here"
YOU KNOW ****ING WHAT

I WAS THINKING LITERALLY THE EXACT SAME THING

BUT THAT ONE LINE'S (you know what i'm talking about) JUST... so overused... prime example for why I hate the fanbase, honestly.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I mean if you're looking for anime to watch, I'd recommend Durarara!! since it's fresh on my mind.

I think it's pretty accessible to a Western audience.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
She has those cloak-arm hybrid things. Arms are overrated anyways.
Losing them's just a flesh wound.

Just try to ignore the shippers or mentioning any ships. It can get ugly pretty fast when either of that happen.
Clearly you haven't seen the RWBY fandom.
The sinking of Arkos was chaos
Night's Watch > Every other ship. Night's Watch is the correct name on the grounds the name is a Game of Thrones reference.

It'll be white with no tree and you'll like it
RUINED!

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Three words: read the manga
Last time I checked there's not a manga. Do you mind linking to what you're talking about?
EDIT: Oh wait **** **** I thought you meant an UT manga

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
  • Terrible Plot
  • Excruciatingly lazy and awful single player.
  • Some of the worst voice acting I have ever heard
  • Their rage quitting punishment might as well not exist.
  • What the **** do I do with all this money? It's practically worthless. They're no point to it.
Thought you were talking about SFV for a second there

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Losing them's just a flesh wound.

Clearly you haven't seen the RWBY fandom.
The sinking of Arkos was chaos
Night's Watch > Every other ship. Night's Watch is the correct name on the grounds the name is a Game of Thrones reference.

RUINED!
Yo I've still jumped ship on RWBY because of Volume 3 leaving a terrible taste in my mouth.
Fights that just end because of one strike dominating it, near-nothing for character development, one particular INCREDIBLY uncerimonious death, and just the general mood whiplash combined... V4's going to have to work damn wonders for me to poke my head in again. (And Chibi's lost me after Ep1).

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I managed to make an alliance with @Kenith . . .well ain't that sweet?

Ok but Z25 Z25 is making him choose who to kill

. . .I think the real mastermind of hell is looking us in the face
Now that you know, I must deal with you!
:p
Damn never knew Z25 Z25 had it in him lol.
Just look at what zebei said! He knows the truth
:p

Oh hey there... Mind if I join?
so akward holy ****
Hi there! Welcome to the N Zone!

These are awesome! I want all of them! They are so cute!

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
It's about time I'm going to get my cake. I would smile like a giddy schoolgirl if it's going to have pink, purple, and blue given my orientation. But I love those colors the most next to brown, blue, and white.

This was truly a memorable experience for me and I loved the work my family put into it. Didn't really expect this "coming out party" to be just as big as my birthday. It's that special brand of love you can expect from your parents.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
It's about time I'm going to get my cake. I would smile like a giddy schoolgirl if it's going to have pink, purple, and blue given my orientation. But I love those colors the most next to brown, blue, and white.

This was truly a memorable experience for me and I loved the work my family put into it. Didn't really expect this "coming out party" to be just as big as my birthday. It's that special brand of love you can expect from your parents.
Wait, is it your birthday, a general celebration, or Mario 'cake'?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Thought you were talking about SFV for a second there
Yeah I know. It's why I'm annoyed when one gets the pass and the other doesn't.

All the complaints are there except money.

Street Fighter V has a good money system.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
I thinking he quote the wrong part of your post and he meaned it for JoJo.
I just noticed myself, actually. But still, dunno how'd I react to an UT manga.

Nobody likes Oddish. It's a fact. People only like Nuptup

Either way, you're wrong. The best pokemon with no hands is obviously Dunsparce. Your uncultured mind just can't handle its beauty.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Wait, is it your birthday, a general celebration, or Mario 'cake'?
Just a "coming out" party my parents wanted to throw while inviting the whole damn family just to see me. My birthday was about two or three weeks ago.

4 letters.

R W B Y

Trust me, these people are dedicated. They have a shipping spreadsheet and everything:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JpinKp5XW6htsPAri0kRMGKrxQwi458YU6HY734wuwE/edit

Oh dear. I guess I was wrong about Hetalia's shipping issues.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I just noticed myself, actually. But still, dunno how'd I react to an UT manga.

Either way, you're wrong. The best pokemon with no hands is obviously Dunsparce. Your uncultured mind just can't handle its beauty.
I'm not wrong. I only said Nuptup was superior to Oddish
Just a "coming out" party my parents wanted to throw while inviting the whole damn family just to see me. My birthday was about two or three weeks ago.

...I'm demanding a cake that's been due for nearly 3 years since I came out as bi.
Demanding a cake when I get my hormones too

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm surprised people are going on about shipping and fandoms and haven't mentioned Homestuck.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Funny thing actually, despite all the names there, on the sub reddit (arguably the biggest place that outputs the most shipping related content) there are only about eight that are really popular (White Rose, Bumblebee, Lancaster, Arkos, Night's Watch and the occasional Nuts and Dolts, Renora and Eclipse posts).

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Funny thing actually, despite all the names there, on the sub reddit (arguably the biggest place that outputs the most shipping related content) there are only about seven that are really popular (White Rose, Bumblebee, Lancaster, Arkos, Night's Watch and the occasional Renora and Nuts and Dolts post).
This means Animal Abuse is dead, Good!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If there's one thing I can say, it's because your parents love you and want to support anything you are AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27 . Opportunities like this rarely happen for anyone given the Christian rule in America along with LGBT rights being seen as a "meme" in the eyes of the anti-liberals. I can tell you that my brother never had that opportunity because his parents are against it in many ways. While after his recent break-up, he's at the point where he accepts that love isn't meant to happen to him.

But with you, you are a more special case. Always having conflicted feelings towards anything or anyone around you since childhood until now. You know you loved girls as much as you loved guys, but couldn't feel to be open with it because of societal norms among other darkest fears. That's why they felt they need to throw this party, because they are celebrating your breakout of that closet and being who you really are. Just don't take your loving boyfriend's word for it, but take it from your family as well.

Sorry for the sappiness guys.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
If there's one thing I can say, it's because your parents love you and want to support anything you are AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27 . Opportunities like this rarely happen for anyone given the Christian rule in America along with LGBT rights being seen as a "meme" in the eyes of the anti-liberals. I can tell you that my brother never had that opportunity because his parents are against it in many ways. While after his recent break-up, he's at the point where he accepts that love isn't meant to happen to him.

But with you, you are a more special case. Always having conflicted feelings towards anything or anyone around you since childhood until now. You know you loved girls as much as you loved guys, but couldn't feel to be open with it because of societal norms among other darkest fears. That's why they felt they need to throw this party, because they are celebrating your breakout of that closet and being who you really are. Just don't take your loving boyfriend's word for it, but take it from your family as well.

Normally I'd cringe at sappiness like this...

But this made my day, and it wasn't even directed at me :p :)

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

I finally got the hang of how Smash Wii U modding more or less works. I just went ahead and modified the character select screen as you can see. Now on to some texture and maybe vertex modding.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Tell your brother (in private will most likely be necessary) that the best course of action when anyone gives him **** for being LGBT is to shove that **** back down their throats.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Hope you don't mind me asking, but what's a "coming out" party...?

Also, wish I could remember who said what... Names and profile pictures just don't seem to be enough for me, apparently...

Plus holy **** this thread's moving at the speed of sound atm. No wonder I can't keep up.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Also, wish I could remember who said what... Names and profile pictures just don't seem to be enough for me, apparently...

Plus holy **** this thread's moving at the speed of sound atm. No wonder I can't keep up.
Aussie came out as bisexual. And she gets a cake. Alongside a party. I want a cake dammit

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Sometimes, a coming out party can be a personal celebration between family and friends of an individual who "opens up" before them or anyone else they love. Essentially, breaking out of that closet instead of being in that heterosexual coat for far too long. It's not commonly a ceremony among the LGBT community, but it does occur for a small amount.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
...just how many characters are in homestuck...?
A lot.

And the shipping isn't just as simple as "they love each other".

There's the whole "quadrant" system derived from the troll character's culture.

Basically, Matespritship (the heart/"flushed" quadrant) is essentially just human romantic love, as typical as it gets.

Moiralleigance (the diamond/"pale" quadrant) is essentially a guardian relationship. Characters in this position can still possibly become flushed, but the general gist of their relationship dynamic is that they exist to keep each other grounded.

Kismesistude (the spade/"caliginous" quadrant) is essentially "passionate hate". You essentially would love nothing more than to see this person dead, but you also feel a strong and passionate sexual attraction to them.

Auspisticism (the club/"ashen" quadrant) is a three way relationship, where two people hate each other, but a third person exists as a "mediator", making sure the other two have their hatred controlled, essentially making sure they don't go into a full kismesis and that they don't get to kill each other.

So as well as the **** ton of characters in Homestuck, they are all sorted into these quadrants, and can exist in more than one even with the same character.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom