• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
And what's a bad show without a forced meme joke that's gross and unfunny?

The fact these Pac-Worlders find a massive inflated child with zits funny show they have low standards.
...That looked gross...and it sounded stupid, dear God, why? I'm really glad that my little nephew doesn't watch that.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Last time I checked there haven't been any new episodes since 2015, actually...

Is the Pac not coming back?

Because I think it'd be the best for all of us.

_Silver_

I don't even know anymore.
NNID
coffeeman65
3DS FC
1349-8695-1576
And what's a bad show without a forced meme joke that's gross and unfunny?

The fact these Pac-Worlders find a massive inflated child with zits funny show they have low standards.
Thanks for letting me use something for my signature

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
New thread topic! Mention a guilty pleasure! Mine is the Ghost Rider movie. The first one just amazing me as a kid, I couldn't help but want more! Then puberty kicked in when the sequel came out and I realized "This is ****"
No worries, I feel your pain. You have nothing to contribute to the Pac-Man topic. I'll level with ya.

My guilty pleasure's probably old Spongebob. I know I shouldn't really be watching kid's shows, but a lot of it's pretty amazing. Plus I ADORED the Spongebob games, namely Creature From the Krusty Krab. I loved that game, still do today.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
New thread topic! Mention a guilty pleasure! Mine is the Ghost Rider movie. The first one just amazing me as a kid, I couldn't help but want more! Then puberty kicked in when the sequel came out and I realized "This is ****"
Shadow the Hedgehog.
Game was fun and I enjoyed the MP. Keyword being "was"
I like how auto correct tried to correct MP to NO.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Funny how I see this post just as I'm watching one of my old videos which is apparently a guilty pleasure for many people.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
The live-action Dr. Seuss movies.
More so The Cat in the Hat, that is a TERRIBLE movie, but I love it because of that.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
A guilty pleasure? The early Spiderman film trilogy. I liked the first two films a lot as a kid despite not being too true to the comics, but the third had some enjoyability despite being too bad. Venom actually would have been more threatening if he wasn't too skinny while Sandman's side of the story had some heart.

Last time I checked there haven't been any new episodes since 2015, actually...

Is the Pac not coming back?

Because I think it'd be the best for all of us.
Chances are that it got cancelled due to low views and not enough sales from the toys. In that case, thank to Helix Fossil again.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Legally Blonde is my guilty pleasure.

Yes, I'm a horrible person for liking these films.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

So I got myself an Elgato~. Looking forward to starting to record stuff.

If any of you guys want to see a particular mod in action, I can try and record stuff for it.

_Silver_

NNID
coffeeman65
3DS FC
1349-8695-1576
EDIT: whoops, wrong thing
Planet Robobot tho.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I actually like '98 Godzilla....

it is the truth...

_Silver_

NNID
coffeeman65
3DS FC
1349-8695-1576
Okay, THIS is the video I wanted to show.

Planet Robobot has some nice remixes to old Kirby tunes.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
but the third had some enjoyability despite being too bad. Venom actually would have been more threatening if he wasn't too skinny while Sandman's side of the story had some heart.
Honestly I feel the hate for Spidey 3 is overblown.
Sandman I liked outside of him being a second accomplice which could have been better done.
I liked what they did with Harry.
My main issue is the shoehorned Venom.
That's it. Keep the Symbiote but relegate it to post-credits to tease a fourth entry.
Sure some acting could have been better too but I would never say the film is bad. It's good, not great and had a tough act to follow on from Spidey 2.
The issue is Avi Arad forcing in Venom and a bit of acting being flat.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The live-action Dr. Seuss movies.
More so The Cat in the Hat, that is a TERRIBLE movie, but I love it because of that.
I loved Cat in the Hat as a kid.

I used to replay the cooking scene all of the time. Dunno why I found it so funny.

As for guilty pleasures, I don't really have any I can think of. Not any I can mention here without an infraction. I generally don't feel guilt over enjoying something.

I guess Heaven's Lost Property could be one. I started watching it thinking it was an action-comedy, and it turned out to be an ecchi anime as well as those things. Don't usually enjoy those, but I liked this one because the main girls were actually fun characters that went through some actual character development. It also had some story, and some really heartwarming/heartbreaking moments. Also, Ikaros is literally one of the most adorable things in the history of anything ever.

The main character is also a huge pervert, but his pervy antics are SO ridiculously over the top, it's drop dead hilarious. One episode has him work for months building an entire network of pipes that go to every girls gathering place in town from his bedroom, and he installs mirrors in them, so he can peep on girls 24/7 from his room. The show often renders him in a chibi style compared to the other characters because of how silly he can be, which adds to the charm.

Also I guess this counts:

D

Deleted member

• I still enjoy Crash 1 to an extent even though it hasn't aged very well, not to mention that 2 & 3 were always superior games.
  • Mega Man X6 used to be this, though not so much the last time I played it.
  • Castlevania II: Simon's Quest - Objectively a poor attempt at a non-linear Castlevania game, but I ended up enjoying this failed experiment nonetheless.
  • The Phantom Menace was one of the weakest Star Wars movies, but the podrace and the final lightsaber duel were both entertaining.

Last edited by a moderator:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Not gonna like if Raku doesn't pick by time the manga ends I'll be so annoyed >_>
And no harem ending please
Another weekly series bites the dust. This will be interesting, especially the final decision on the best girl.

Just as long as Samon the Summoner stays on Weekly Shonen Jump, I'm alright with this.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
5 movies in particular:

• Wild Wild West
  • Batman Forever
  • The first Bayformers movie
  • Super Mario Bros: the Movie
  • Street Fighter the Movie

And one game:

Sonic Unleashed

Burruni

Smash Hero
Can I have context about it?
Fairly low-budget reverse harem-y show staring a reverse trap who gets forcibly enrolled into a club in a priveledged school which basically is summed by "rich girls with too much time on their hands spend money to be flirted at by attractive guys."

Edit: Also has one of the worst dubs I've ever seen

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yo, they added Koichi's Echoes to the opening, neat!
Also, the PWAA anime, I can't believe they cut the best parts of each case, Wright doesn't get punched, no flashback of the studio accident in Case 3 qnd more importantly: the Bellboy didn't swear the affidavit
The Naruto Storm fighting games
The anime became **** but it's incredible how I can still like these games even with 5 versions of the same character

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
1. Iggy's Reckin' Balls
2. Killer Klowns from Outer Space
3. Any MTV Liquid Television/Oddities toons.
4. The Silver Surfer F4 movie. SS deserves his own movie.

Burruni

Smash Hero
1. Iggy's Reckin' Balls
2. Killer Klowns from Outer Space
3. Any MTV Liquid Television Toon
4. The Silver Surfer F4 movie. SS deserves his own movie.
Screw a movie!
Silver Surfer deserves his own ga---
Edit: image was bigger than i thought

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Funny how two manga that debuted between 2012-2013 will end on Weekly Shonen Jump this year (with the last one being Assassination Classroom). It will be a matter of time until Bleach and Gintama follows that suite.

Screw a movie!
Silver Surfer deserves his own ga---
Edit: image was bigger than i thought
Got to love how Silver Surfer facepalmed in his own game.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I mean, FOX proved they can't use the IP for **** and they might just give up now, meaning Marvel will get them back, so it's a possibility
I will remain hopeful. There is little cooler than surfing through the cosmos. That premise can practically write itself.

D

Deleted member

This video is way too fitting for amiibo:

It's like the creators predicted the future or something.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
PSA: Smash Wii U doesn't like it when you try to mod in Shovel Knight music.

Like, it really doesn't like it.
Naw. That's Nu-PPG

Give TTGo some credit, it has its own audience and when it isn't being up its own ***, it's a decent show
I wish I could agree, man.

I've watched more episodes of TTG than I should have, and it was very hard to find some good qualities.

I'll give it the fact that's it's attracted a large audience, but I'll never understand why.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I actually enjoyed Chicken Little, otherwise known as Disney's failed attempt at emulating Dreamworks. I recognize it has a metric ***ton of faults and it became incredibly dated really fast (the scene where the PE teacher leaves and all the students immediately pull out flip phones and call their friends became outdated in less than five years), but I still kinda liked it.

That and Fish Out of Water was a great character and I love him.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Attack on Titan is more or less my guilty pleasure.

While it's not awful, there are some problems with pacing/character development that keeps it from being great and not just "good".

But recently the chapters have been really, really good...!

Wanting Viridi for smash

Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts is a really fun game with lot's of fun references to the old series that are always fun to see.

Too bad there was no Threeie to go with it

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
The Malaysian dub of DBZ is one of my guilty pleasures.

There was no reason for Malaysia to dub DBZ in English, but the end result is so hilariously awful that I can't help but love it. Shame it's only for the movies, though.

I guess I'll say the old Godzilla fighting games, too. They've definitely aged, but I still get a kick out of playing as Godzilla and destroying everything.

Last edited:

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace

So how has this previous day been?

Also I saw Captain America Civil War. Enjoyed it more than Batman VS Superman, honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom