• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burruni

Smash Hero
You do have a point there.

Anyway, I'm still wondering why people are assuming that Litten's final evolution will be based on a tiger. Maybe it'll more reference a panther.
Because Zodiac.
Because Byakko.
Because Tiger is like the animal species most tied into fire that isn't mythical in origin for fantasy?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I will say that I think the zodiac is real, but it is not the main factor in designing fire type starters.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Rowlett is going to be my starter, no doubt. That Typing is perfect for me. He'll work perfect alongside my Swampert and Torterra from the previous selection of starters. And he's an Owl with a spinning head ^,^

Someone heard about being replaced in the Sun & Moon anime.
I do hope they keep Serena around for the Anime (Like they did with Brock for a bit) Because she is probably Ash's best companion to date. (<--See what I did there:awesome:)
Also, the only get pattern in a Nintendo game ever

Do the Chinese Zodiac thing is legit right?

Can't wait for the Fire Snake
Flaming Rabbits FTW.

I know this was mentioned briefly before, but the Japanese trailer is so nice man.

As someone who made his first and best friend through Pokémon, this tugs at my strings.

Why the **** didn't we get this trailer.
I made a good friend when I was younger and this was partially helped by Pokémon Emerald as he had Ruby at the time.
Used to battle and trade Pokémon with him all the time.
Unfortunately I lost contact with him and don't think we regain contact, so this Advert hit me right in the nostalgia.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
You do have a point there.

Anyway, I'm still wondering why people are assuming that Litten's final evolution will be based on a tiger. Maybe it'll more reference a panther.
Red and black colouring is similar to tiger's orange and black colouring...has stripes...the pattern on Litten's forehead is also reminiscent of tiger's stripes on their foreheads...

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I really hope the theory that the Rowlet line is ringmaster themed is true.
That would make some seriously great evolutions.

Well, apparently in the Sun and Moon video, the warning sign at the gamestore says this:

http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/26242473/unattended-children-will-be-sold-as-slaves

It looks like Unattended Children will be sold as Slaves.

I don't think that's quite it, but it also looks like it....

Thoughts?

EDIT:

Nope it definitely says that....

What the actual ****
It's a joke sign. I've seen it at many stores in my life.

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Red and black colouring is similar to tiger's orange and black colouring...has stripes...the pattern on Litten's forehead is also reminiscent of tiger's stripes on their foreheads...
The primary color of a tiger is orange though. Litten is primarily colored black, much like a panther, but I guess the orange stripes on its legs can make you think otherwise.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
He's a mix actually:
Arcanine is based on the Ryukyuan シーサー shisa, or 狛犬 komainu, mythical creatures inspired by lions, tigers, and dogs. Statues of them in pairs are used as guardians that invite good spirits and repel evil ones. It could also be based on the Haetae, a mythical fire-eating dog with similarities to lions and tigers.
Komasan confirmed as the long lost pup of Arcanine. :troll:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I really hope the theory that the Rowlet line is ringmaster themed.
That would make some seriously great evolutions.

It's a joke sign. I've seen it at many stores in my life.
Even so, that's a bit much....

As for ringmaster.

It be cool, but I also think the aforementioned knife throwing idea makes sense as well.

Either way, a circus theme like how kalos were Class themed, could be pretty cool.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Someone heard about being replaced in the Sun & Moon anime.
For all we know, if the next Pokemon season takes place at Alola, while Clemont and Bonnie may stay back at Kalos, Serena might continue to follow Ash on his journey. What would be pretty interesting though, is if Cilan returns to join Ash again.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Imagine if the three starters are circus based...

Ringmaster/Magician/Clown, perhaps?

Chrono.

I'm the resident cat guy so I'm definitely picking up Litten.

...Provided it's evolutions don't suck.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
The primary color of a tiger is orange though. Litten is primarily colored black, much like a panther, but I guess the orange stripes on its legs can make you think otherwise.
Zebstrika is primarily black while Zebras are (usually seen as) primarily white...nothing wrong with some little creative liberties...a black tiger with red stripes just sounds like it'll look awseome...

Also there's the circus theme that people have been pointing out and tigers are more associated with circuses than panthers...

But I think the patterns on its forehead are a dead giveaway that it'll become a tiger...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
While we do know that Rowlet is a Grass/Flying-type, I have been wondering if Litten will become a Fire/Dark-type, while Popplio will become a Water/Psychic-type.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
This is the first time in a long time I cant choose which starter I'm gonna go with, they're all too great.

BUT FIRE CAT THOUGH

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Sun and Moon hype!

Definitely getting Moon. Lunala is regal as ****.

And dammit I want both Rowlet and Popplio. I'll probably just trade with someone and use both. :p With them plus the woodpecker, well...half my team's planned. :laugh: Maybe two thirds if Normal-Ghost Opossum become a thing.

Not feeling Litten at all though. Definitely my least favorite of the bunch.

The region itself is gorgeous though! And Hala's got a cool design.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
>Mfw Popplio's final evolution has 2 huge, elaborate flower-like patterns on it's chest that it shoots water out of.
Please let this happen game freak.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Just one would be fine as well. I chose 2 to make a blastoise parallel.
Two thing protruding from it's chest squirting out liquid seems kind of risqué to me

---

Just looked up a video on the new starters. Apparently the owl has a "new move" called Leafage? It's basically razor leaf so it makes me wonder if it's just razor leaf mistranslated

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Two thing protruding from it's chest squirting out liquid seems kind of risqué to me

---

Just looked up a video on the new starters. Apparently the owl has a "new move" called Leafage? It's basically razor leaf so it makes me wonder if it's just razor leaf mistranslated
... Maybe just one is a better idea.

I'm guessing Leafage is a less powerful version of razor leaf, kind of like Bubble vs Bubblebeam.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There IS a darker skin tone in Sun and Moon. Kind of weird the darkest in X/Y was still pretty light

I hope you can change their clothes and hair though. Because they look pretty lame

What the heck is the girl wearing on her head?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ironically Rowlet is the first bird starter that is a flying type...
Maybe because it's the first bird starter that is based off something that can actually fly
... Maybe just one is a better idea.

I'm guessing Leafage is a less powerful version of razor leaf, kind of like Bubble vs Bubblebeam.
It wouldn't make much sense for it to learn Vine Whip which is what Grass starters usually start with

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Was leaning towards Litten but now I can't help but fall in love with Rowlet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom