• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lily's Slave

Smash Rookie
True MSG, but I find it interesting it calls attention to the leg thing in the description is all. When you have little to go on, sometimes an insignificant detail can be a great clue, regardless if it's leaks or in this case, official media.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
The mention of oils in Litten's description has me wondering if it could become a Fire/Poison type. That's be good against Fairies, that's for sure.

D

Deleted member

Looking to their appearences, I expect the legendaries to be Fairy/Fire for Sun's and Fairy/Dark for Moon's.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'd like to say that Game Freak would step away from that but... wouldn't surprise me if it happened. Although, giving the Water type and Ice secondary would make the Grass/ Flying owl weak to it. Seems like a jerk move.
It definitely isn't the first time. Kyogre outmatches Groudon under normal conditions, and Xerneas pretty much crushes Yveltal.

Of course, one of the biggest jerk moves ever made is not allowing Keldeo to learn Ice Beam. Its special movepool is so pitiful for a Pokemon who excels better with special attacks.

Similarly, I would've thought that Mega Sceptile would be more physical oriented, and yet it gets Lightningrod as an ability, instead of something more useful, such as Limber.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It definitely isn't the first time. Kyogre outmatches Groudon under normal conditions, and Xerneas pretty much crushes Yveltal.

Of course, one of the biggest jerk moves ever made is not allowing Keldeo to learn Ice Beam. Its special movepool is so pitiful for a Pokemon who excels better with special attacks.

Similarly, I would've thought that Mega Sceptile would be more physical oriented, and yet it gets Lightningrod as an ability, instead of something more useful, such as Limber.
Lightningrod is actually pretty useful, especially for Mixed Mega Sceptile, it also destroys Rotom Wash, a pokemon known for being a nuisance in competitive

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
The mention of oils in Litten's description has me wondering if it could become a Fire/Poison type. That's be good against Fairies, that's for sure.
Most likely Fire/Dark but I could see it being poison but it'll have a x4 weakness to ground like how Rowlet will get destroyed by Ice attacks.

I hope the Popplio final evolution is Water/Fighting to attach to the fighting starters. Or hopefully not Water/Ice.

Although it would be fun to see if the new starters will have a second type where it'll have a unique set up like:

Grass/Flying -> Water/Ice -> Fire/Figh.... Oh damn it that pattern will never work with that last typing

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
New Pokemon thoughts

Rowlet-Cool, Grass type Owl, the second ever starter to start with two types...

Litten-Yes, this little guy without a doubt will evolve into a tiger...my favourite so far...

Popplio-..........this will take some getting used to...I could do without the clownlike references, but I guess it's meant to signify circus sea lions?, definitely my least favourite of the three but we'll see the final forms before I jump onto any bandwagons...

now we'll just wait for all the fan-art showing us a million different final forms for these guys...

Solgaleo-yooooo, sick looking Sun Lion
Lunaala-...........it's some kind of night/moon bat.....and it's body has a night sky look....

I WANT THESE GAMES NOW!!!!

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Anyone know if Ayumi's game is on the E-Shop right now? I know Takamaru has his game released overseas but IDK about Ayumi.
Famicom Detective Club was never released internationally given the text heavy nature of it. They would have to translate everything for it to be on the eShop.

Which is such a shame since the games are that good, I loved playing The Girl in Back (the second FDC game) on my PC years ago.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
So, a summary of my thoughts!
Rowlet's very cute, but it's not exactly my cup of tea, very curious how it's going to end up
Litten's cool, yet cute at the same time! It's potential typings are stuff I highly hope, those being Dark and Poison
Popplio's kinda eh, I never liked clowns, but we'll see. Hoping it's a fairy personally

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Lightningrod is actually pretty useful, especially for Mixed Mega Sceptile, it also destroys Rotom Wash, a pokemon known for being a nuisance in competitive
Considering that Mega Sceptile is a Grass/Dragon-type, it has a double resistance against Electric-type attacks; it wouldn't take much damage from the attacks to begin with. And it should be noted that Sceptile's special movepool is quite shallow, since at best, it can only really utilize Energy Ball, Dragon Pulse, Focus Blast, and Hidden Power for its special attack choices.

Sure, Leaf Storm is powerful, but that's more for the mixed Sceptile sets, considering that it heavily hurts Sceptiles's special attack stat.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I feel significantly better about these starters than I did when the starters for the past two generations were revealed, it's already looking promising. The second they revealed an owl starter I was sold, just further goes to prove that grass type is the master type.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Considering that Mega Sceptile is a Grass/Dragon-type, it has a double resistance against Electric-type attacks; it wouldn't take much damage from the attacks to begin with. And it should be noted that Sceptile's special movepool is quite shallow, since at best, it can only really utilize Energy Ball, Dragon Pulse, Focus Blast, and Hidden Power for its special attack choices.
Doesn't mean Lightningrod can't be used well. It can't be paralyzed by anything other than Force Palm iirc and an outright immunity, I personally think that this is the best choice, as again, you can go mixed

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
I think we all know what Litten's evolution is going to look like.
Also, in the Japanese trailer there is an overworld Meowth, so It seems that Pokemon from previous gens will be obtainable..
It's also worth noting it would be the first time since Johto Meowth would be obtainable in a Regional dex.
Well it's about time.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Who dare disturbs my slumber! Oh...

Popplio is so adorable in a dorky way. I really want to have it on my team. DX

At least Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan has a legit sea lion Pokemon other than Sealeo.
Cute. But I'd rather get Rowlett the O RY? owl instead. I'd rather not get the same starter as you.

And Famicom Detective Club is a good game that sadly never made it here. The game was probably not localized for being too text heavy, dark, violent (there are some instances of blood and stabbings), and too Japanese. Coming from someone that played Famicom Detectivd Club 2: The Girl in Back, this is like the precursor of Ace Attorney games without the cheesiness and focus more on chilling atmosphere. There's a reason why me and @Denoxkun go out of our way to promote it.

Why do I miss every Ayumi related discussion here?

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Moon legendary, comin' straight outta Mario & Luigi (yo yo yo~)

I mean, I can't be the only one who got an Antasma vibe while seeing it for the first time, right?

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Hard to say what Solgaleo's final typing will be Obviously fire but what else? Unless it'll be a pure fire type which works I guess...but then again it's could be something completely out of left field like ow Palkia's also a water type even though it's design doesn't indicate it whatsoever...

Lunaala I'm going to guess will be Dark/Fairy....please let it be Dark/Fairy!!!

Rowlet's final form will be pretty sick I feel

But Litten...We are getting our fire tiger!!! Fire/Dark please (poison would be neat I guess but Dark is awesome)

Popplio, I have a feeling it'll be water/fighting...dunno why sea lions aren't exactly known for kicking someone's teeth in...once again though I hope it's final form looks more promising because I'm not digging the circus clown look...

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Let's be honest, Famicom Detective Club would have been censored from Hell and back if it came here.

Nintendo of America is the 4Kids TV of gaming after all.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Doesn't mean Lightningrod can't be used well. It can't be paralyzed by anything other than Force Palm iirc and an outright immunity, I personally think that this is the best choice, as again, you can go mixed
I guess when I thought about Mega Sceptile, it would have the Limber ability, which would fully protect it against the Static ability, and it can never be paralyzed by any attacks that have a paralysis secondary effect.

Also, the reason why I wanted Mega Sceptile to be more physical oriented is because Sceptile has a much larger physical movepool to work with.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Let's be honest, Famicom Detective Club would have been censored from Hell and back if it came here.

Nintendo of America is the 4Kids TV of gaming after all.
True. It would have happened either way since even early NES games were censored.

Funny, even Nintendo anime like F-Zero and Kirby were censored on 4Kids TV's channel. :troll:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, it looks like it very well might be a fire tiger, and I'm hoping it's cool looking in it's final stage.

Also hoping it's not pure fire type. I find pure types boring.

I'm not too impressed with it's first form, but whatever. It's a first form.

The water starter I have no faith in it being good.

The grass starter is interesting being 2 types from the very beginning, but this is not a first for them. Bulbasaur being poison type

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You never know things can change for this Gen
Maybe but it wouldn't make much sense with him being more flying based from appearance. I think it would cancel out the usefulness of special grass moves.

And this is the sine greatest moment in pokemon:

Screenshot (111).png

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Also, I didn't notice the trainer's before but I'm not really impressed with either of their designs

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Also, the only get pattern in a Nintendo game ever

Do the Chinese Zodiac thing is legit right?

Can't wait for the Fire Snake

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Also, the only get pattern in a Nintendo game ever

Do the Chinese Zodiac thing is legit right?

Can't wait for the Fire Snake
I think the grass "Pattern" is debunked.

But the extremely vague water "Pattern" seems to be intact

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
The professor looks like some Somoan warrior...I like it...

Is his name going to be the blatantly obvious Professor Palm?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Well my expectations were. . .completely wrong.

After giving it some time to sink in, I think I kind of like Litten.

I. . .might be switching my game choice to Sun. Sogaleo looks floofy.

I'm kind of impressed at everyone, though. This is the first time the thread has actually been unanimously positive about a Nintendo announcement that I've ever seen.

Hey. . .did anyone else notice, though? The trainers now have normal proportions in the overworld instead of being chibi. That's interesting.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Damn it, I wanted a Spear Owl
Hope Rowlet gets some kick-ass wings to slap people with.

Never interested in Fire, especially since it barfs its own hair.

Hope the Water Starter doesn't do a Samurott where it changes into some weird thing with too many unnessecary protusions.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think this is going to be the second water type starter I'm not impressed with

The first being Samurott. Although Samurott was more useful than Gen 5 Serperior.

I don't know what to think about the owl. He's probably going to be the second best if the Tiger turns out awesome

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
At Serebii, the users seem to think the cat's going to be fire/dark.

It looks it at least with it's red and black coloring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom