• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Because they need that type of relationship in movies but those two have to be together because these reasons

• Tony has Pepper
  • Thor has that chick who'se been in his movies
  • Cap is too pure for any woman (until a certain a scene in Civil War I didn't like)
  • Hawkeye apparently has a family despite the small amount of ship tease in first film and that Natasha and Hawkeye have been a couple for years in comics (which will still be my OTP)
It's stupid
You got to admit the scene was cool because the nods of approval of Bucky and Sam :denzel:

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
You got to admit the scene was cool because the nods of approval of Bucky and Sam :denzel:
Yeah it was

Still kissing your love interest's niece from the future is weird as hell but oh well

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
mummy im scared make the scary dumb person go away

btw, this person said Game Freak lied to us about Pokemon Z, and is known for being a ****ing moron

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Since we're on the topic of Romantic Plot Tumors, I guess I'll bring up what happens when people try to combine it with cutting corners.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HumanFocusedAdaptation

I've been wondering whether a Smash Bros fan work of some kind messing with the concept would be funny. Like, these guys are usually. . .weirdly calm about whatever is going on around them, so instead you'd have this guy that acts twitchy and horrified about the weirder stuff.

And then there's the whole Refugee from TV Land stuff of, "oh, since these characters aren't from the 'REAL' world, they have no idea how to function in it" and "oh, these characters aren't from the 'REAL' world, so we need to send them back where they came from ASAP." So. . .what happens if many of them can and do know how to function in reality? What happens when there's no actual way to send them back? What then?

The sheer lazy writing of this kind of stuff leaves a fair bit of room to explore what would happen under different circumstances.

. . .

*refreshes page*

mummy im scared make the scary dumb person go away

btw, this person said Game Freak lied to us about Pokemon Z, and is known for being a ****ing moron
What?

What does. . .

What does Nickelodeon have to do with backwards compatibility?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Since we're on the topic of Romantic Plot Tumors, I guess I'll bring up what happens when people try to combine it with cutting corners.

I've been wondering whether a Smash Bros fan work of some kind messing with the concept would be funny. Like, these guys are usually. . .weirdly calm about whatever is going on around them, so instead you'd have this guy that acts twitchy and horrified about the weirder stuff.

And then there's the whole Refugee from TV Land stuff of, "oh, since these characters aren't from the 'REAL' world, they have no idea how to function in it" and "oh, these characters aren't from the 'REAL' world, so we need to send them back where they came from ASAP." So. . .what happens if many of them can and do know how to function in reality? What happens when there's no actual way to send them back? What then?

The sheer lazy writing of this kind of stuff leaves a fair bit of room to explore what would happen under different circumstances.

. . .

*refreshes page*

What?

What does. . .

TMNT 2012 is pretty backwards compatible with TMNT 1987

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

. . .

*refreshes page*

What?

What does. . .

Meta is known for dumb ****. His most infamous case was yelling his lungs out about how the balloon ending ij Chrono Trigger is the most mean spirited thing ever and how it makes him forget all the fun he had with the game. No warningeither

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
If Ayumi's issue is in regards to her skirt, they can always do like what they did with Peach, Rosalina and some of the trophies. Either that, or let her wear tights I suppose....

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
So I'm playing through Yokai Watch again, with the aim to 'catch 'em all*'. I forgot how fun this game is, despite a few balance issues.

*Yokai Watch has no affiliations with The Pokemon Company'.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I...

How?
It's mean spirited and dumb because we're supposed to think the idea of Chrono and that chick flying to the moon and suffocating to death is funny. You should honestly see the video for yourself to believe it, it was his Killjoy video, so bad that he put a warning on the video for poor quality after a week. And it's his usual quality in videos too!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's mean spirited and dumb because we're supposed to think the idea of Chrono and that chick flying to the moon and suffocating to death is funny. You should honestly see the video for yourself to believe it, it was his Killjoy video, so bad that he put a warning on the video for poor quality after a week. And it's his usual quality in videos too!
I'm not mad.

Just confused....

This doesn't make any sense... Just... What?

D

Deleted member

You're telling me we could have had an anime schoolgirl in Smash but the supposed reason she's not in is because we'd be able to see under her skirt? That's... counterproductive. Just put a ****ing void like it is under Peach's dress. Why is it so hard to just have a single character in Smash that wears a skirt?
Either that, or let her wear tights I suppose....
Or this, I approve of this
Yeah, it's a better idea than the "void", tights...

D

Deleted member

u w0t? Exdeath is a better choice than any anime grill you know of
I was talking about what to put under her
Unless we'll get tights as a separate character...
You know what, let's just put Exdeath under Ayumi's skirt
And he may be better than anime girls, but is he better than anime guys?
Because you can't be better than perfection himself

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I was talking about what to put under her
Unless we'll get tights as a separate character...
You know what, let's just put Exdeath under Ayumi's skirt
And he may be better than anime girls, but is he better than anime guys?
Because you can't be better than perfection himself
Just you wait till you see something Josuke's involved with that's wood related, like Exdeath

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
You're telling me we could have had an anime schoolgirl in Smash but the supposed reason she's not in is because we'd be able to see under her skirt? That's... counterproductive. Just put a ****ing void like it is under Peach's dress. Why is it so hard to just have a single character in Smash that wears a skirt?

Or this, I approve of this
Yeah, it's a better idea than the "void", tights...
Well, I mean, it at least works.

If it's not broken, don't fix it, you know?
But either way, the void under Rosalina's dress was actually a very creative way of censorship, and when you think about it kinda fitting. But I do admit that this other void under Peach's (and I'm pretty sure Zelda's?) Dress are kinda awkward ways of censorship. I dunno what they'd do about a character with a skirt, other than make it longer and put a void in it. While it's awkward, it does at least provide a little censorship.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Well, I mean, it at least works.

If it's not broken, don't fix it, you know?
But either way, the void under Rosalina's dress was actually a very creative way of censorship, and when you think about it kinda fitting. But I do admit that this other void under Peach's (and I'm pretty sure Zelda's?) Dress are kinda awkward ways of censorship. I dunno what they'd do about a character with a skirt, other than make it longer and put a void in it. While it's awkward, it does at least provide a little censorship.
Oh lawdy, Exdeath is hiding in everyone's skirts and dresses then...Also, Wonder Pink has a skirt, her trophy has Exdeath

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Not really, but didn't she marry Bruce Banner?

Also she's red she hulk I think

Marvel has so many universes I'm not really sure what's canon 100% of the time
I don't remember much but her father was Red Hulk though but the movies kinda written her off as like the woman who only saw the monster I guess.

Plus any relationship regarding the Hulk is usually a Beauty and the Beast analogy how "he's a monster on the outside but a sweet soft guy on the inside"

Even that's tiring and AoU did that
Well they go actually bring him in through Civil War:

In the comics Ros becomes red hulk and tries to destroy the avengers. Considering he was a main point in the movie, we may see him become Red Hulk at one point. It would make sense as he would undo the accords in Civil War because the government couldn't make them after that as their main man, proves the point of why the avengers need free room to operate if he tries to kill them all.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Oh lawdy, Exdeath is hiding in everyone's skirts and dresses then...Also, Wonder Pink has a skirt, her trophy has Exdeath
...Huh. So yeah, I don't see a problem with a character with a skirt being made longer and just having a smaller black hole than dresses just inserted under there. I mean, looking at the promotional art and the trophy itself, there was really nothing stopping them.

D

Deleted member

They should make Exdeath Peach's Final Smash, it sucks everything into the void
Wonder Pink has visible underwear though
At least that's what it looks like
I wonder in which other skirts Exdeath hides into...

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Here's something to keep you waiting.

Looking sharp, much like the original Ocarina of Time even after all these years.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Bettter question, WHERE is the Pokemon announcment happening? On twitch, on Youtube? Where?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom