• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
When it goes up post the link so we can all get in on it

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
So...

The new starters look uh...

Interesting.

I kinda like the owl I guess. The seal will probably grow on me. The cat is evil looking - Fire/Dark?

Don't like the legendaries, but I never do.

And it's Hawaii after all.

Hmm. I'll need to see more.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
POKE Hawaii confirmed! Grass owl, fire cat and a Third water Seal Pokemon! Sun Lion and Moon Bat!

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
The cat Pokemon looks alright, but Meowth will always remain my favorite. :052:
Also finally a Flying type base starter Pokemon, Flying was honestly one of the last types i'd imagine a base starter getting.

Last edited:

Tom13

Smash Apprentice
Sun and Moon's Legendaries look cool, so far, the Moon Legendary is my favorite, so team Moon for me, guys!

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
So...

The new starters look uh...

Interesting.

I kinda like the owl I guess. The seal will probably grow on me. The cat is evil looking - Fire/Dark?

Don't like the legendaries, but I never do.

And it's Hawaii after all.

Hmm. I'll need to see more.
Basically my impression point-for-point. None of the starters grab me like the gen-VI ones, but I imagine at least one of them will grow on me. Dual-type flying on a first-stage starter is pretty cool, at any rate.

Also, the remix of the Hoenn opening theme is cool.

Last edited:

Lily's Slave

Smash Rookie
Hawaii huh?

I look forward to the IGN review score now. I also like the Moon Bat. Great trailer honestly.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that's the first time a starter has been dual type since Gen one's obsession with it's Grass/Poison Ship.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that's the first time a starter has been dual type since Gen one's obsession with it's Grass/Poison Ship.
Considering all starters are like that so you can't help it

Tom13

Smash Apprentice
All three Starters are cool, out of all of them, I really like Popplio the most, it looks so cute, it shall be my starting Pokemon of both Sun and Moon, which I will be playing the latter first.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
So the 3DS has received a new system update, along with some new footage from Pokemon Sun & Moon.

And in case anyone is wondering about the new system update (11.0.0-33), it renders some additional Homebrew exploits useless, which means that the old 3DS system can't use ANY of the current Homebrew Launcher exploits anymore.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Region, animations, and characters look absolutely amazing.

Not too excited about Rowlet being Grass/Flying, not am I too excited about his design. However, I've learned not to judge a book by its cover/a Pokemon by its first evolution. I was really hoping for another Grass/Steel type, because Grass overall is so weak.

Litten looks a bit odd, but I'm predicting him to become a huge Fire/Dark tiger. Fire is probably going to win again in the popular/cool catagory.

Popplio looks silly, but its mostly because of his nose. Probably won't have a second typing, but it would be just about anything if he did.

The Sun legendary looks absolutely beast. One of my favorite designs I've seen in Pokemon as a whole. I'd say I can't wait to catch it, but I'm getting Moon version.

The Moon legendary reminds me of the Assist Trophy Nightmare from Kirby. Really like the guillotine-esque blades on the wings. A great visual mix of elegant and intimidating.

November 18th can't get here soon enough!

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Also, in the Japanese trailer there is an overworld Meowth, so It seems that Pokemon from previous gens will be obtainable.

It kinda looks like the map is a tiny island, which either means a lot of surfing, or the return of the aeroplane travel mode.

I'm sure I'll like the Hawaii-ness of it all once I play it. It seems to look less chibi than XY and ORAS.

Also, the new professor is the best professor. Dat shirt.

Soul.

Holy ****, is the grid-based movement gone? The games' overworlds look just like X/Y and ORAS' cutscenes. Beautiful.

Also, apparently you can still change your skin tone so customization is most likely in

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Region is the Alola region, definitely based on Hawaii.

Owlett gets a new leafet move.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I can see Popplio gaining a Psychic secondary typing to be honest.

Unless it goes with a clown/circus Fairy secondary.

Nothing wrong with single typing starters though.

D

Deleted member

Well, I don't regret having chosen Moon since the beginning.

I think it will also the first time ever in a new generation I will not pick the Water starter.
Not because I don't like Popplio, but because I find the other two more interesting. :p

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
From the official site

Rowlet is a Grass Quill Pokemon.

Rowlet can attack without making a sound! It flies silently through the skies, drawing near to its opponent without being noticed, and then lashing out with powerful kicks. It can also attack from a distance using the razor-sharp leaves that form part of its feathers.

Its visual abilities are impressive. The darkness of night is no obstacle to Rowlet! It can twist its neck nearly 180° from front to back so it can see directly behind itself. It has a habit of turning its head in battle to face its Trainer and receive instructions.

The move Leafage attacks an opponent by striking it with leaves. Rowlet knows this move from the moment it becomes your partner!

Litten is the Fire Cat Pokemon.

Logical but also passionate, Litten always remains coolheaded and doesn't show its emotions on the surface.

Litten can attack with flaming hairballs! Its fur is rich in oils and immensely flammable. Litten grooms itself by licking its fur, and then uses the collected fur as fuel for fireball attacks!

When the time comes for Litten to shed its old fur, it all burns up in a glorious blaze.

The move Ember attacks an opponent by firing a small flame at it. Litten knows this move from the moment it becomes your partner!

Popplio is the Sea Lion Pokemon.

Popplio's swimming speed is known to exceed 25 mph. It's better at moving in the water than on land. Still, when it's on land, it takes advantage of the elasticity of its balloons to perform acrobatic stunts and jumps.

Popplio can snort out balloons made of water! Watch it spin water balloons into a playful battle strategy!

Both frivolous and hard-working, Popplio can easily get carried away—unleashing enough power in battle to make quite a spectacle! But Popplio’s determined spirit means it can usually be found practicing hard on its balloon skills.

The Water Gun move attacks an opponent by firing a jet of water. Popplio knows this move from the moment it becomes your partner!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Considering that Popplio is based on a seal, it evolutions could end up getting the Water/Ice-type treatment. Litten looks quite awkward though.

Lily's Slave

Smash Rookie
Hmm. Rowlet makes mention of using powerful kicks. A potential Grass type Blaziken final evo?

After seeing the concept art, Rowlet is winning the starting wars for me.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Considering that Popplio is based on a seal, it evolutions could end up getting the Water/Ice-type treatment. Litten looks quite awkward though.
I'd like to say that Game Freak would step away from that but... wouldn't surprise me if it happened. Although, giving the Water type and Ice secondary would make the Grass/ Flying owl weak to it. Seems like a jerk move.

I can't wait to see what their final evolutions are.

I am also hoping that this gen gives us more that 70 new Pokemon.

Pretty excited now! November is only seven months away!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Hmm. Rowlet makes mention of using powerful kicks. A potential Grass type Blaziken final evo?

After seeing the concept art, Rowlet is winning the starting wars for me.
If Staraptor has told us anything, knowing Fighting-type attacks doesn't necessarily equal a Fighting-type Pokemon. Likewise, Blaziken gets Brave Bird, despite not being part Flying-type.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Popplio is so adorable in a dorky way. I really want to have it on my team. DX

At least @Azure Warrior has a legit sea lion Pokemon other than Sealeo.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Welp there's now an additional skin choice color

#BlackTrainersMatter
I'm actually happy that they didn't make it like Gen 6 where it looks like Light Skin black dudes.

Atleast I don't have to accuse GF for liking light skin bruddas over the dark skin bruddas (it's not what you think)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom