• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I saw people mention FF. No ****ing way that won't bomb. All they had to do was say 'We are working on a traditional Metroid game but can't show anything' and AAAAAAALL the backlash would have disappeared
What is the definition of "A traditional Metroid game" these days?

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
lol serebii accidentally may have announced the release date for sun and moon
but at any rate news in 4 days

EDIT:
oh i see he used the uk version of time telling and thought the 5 was the day and not the month

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Exploring the unknown in a hostile environment with a traditional Metroidvania style of progress and looking for powerups, etc. Aka, every Metroid game other than Other M and arguably Metroid II
Prime seems to me like a different type of game than the super metroid, fusion, etc.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Prime seems to me like a different type of game than the super metroid, fusion, etc.
Prime games take a different approach mainly because it's in first person and the world is 3 dimensional but for the most part they still function very much like the other Metroid titles...

A lot of people compare the Primes to games like Halo, which is both unfair and silly because although the Primes are technically still shooters, they are still mainly platformers much like the 2D Metroid games...running around killing enemies is definitely an important part of the game but it's not where the meat is...

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't really agree with that. The way you move around, the way the maps are structured are completely different.

The gameplay is different enough that I can't enjoy the prime games, in the least

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I don't really agree with that. The way you move around, the way the maps are structured are completely different.

The gameplay is different enough that I can't enjoy the prime games, in the least
Different strokes for different folkes, it's perfectly fair for these opinions. As long as you don't say Other M is a better quality game, otherwise I won't stop the pitchfork wielding guys

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The gameplay notwithstanding, the Primes still did a pretty good job at capturing the atmosphere of the franchise. They lacked on suit upgrades, though.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Got through Chapter 25 on Lunatic, it got a lot harder then I expected due to the addition of Inevitable End, which is a skill that allows stat reductions to stack. Even with my preparations (namely, Selena and Niles getting Shurikenbreaker), I still had to play carefully unless one of my best units was crippled for the rest of the map.

Now onto Chapter 26, it shouldn't be that bad right?
*sees Iago got a Hexing Rod and gave Staff Savant to the maids*
Well this is going to be fun...

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/sun_moon/?a001=msign

In unexpected news. New Pokemon and Sun moon info May 10th finally.
Hm, the 10th eh? That's actually a bit risky since Corocoro will likely leak around that time (since it comes out on the 14th this month, we could reasonably get it on or around the 10th), so we could get spoiled before they even announce anything.

Nonetheless, it'll be nice to finally have some concrete info to talk about since they've been so quiet about the games.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Got through Chapter 25 on Lunatic, it got a lot harder then I expected due to the addition of Inevitable End, which is a skill that allows stat reductions to stack. Even with my preparations (namely, Selena and Niles getting Shurikenbreaker), I still had to play carefully unless one of my best units was crippled for the rest of the map.

Now onto Chapter 26, it shouldn't be that bad right?
*sees Iago got a Hexing Rod and gave Staff Savant to the maids*
Well this is going to be fun...

Hm, the 10th eh? That's actually a bit risky since Corocoro will likely leak around that time (since it comes out on the 14th this month, we could reasonably get it on or around the 10th), so we could get spoiled before they even announce anything.

Nonetheless, it'll be nice to finally have some concrete info to talk about since they've been so quiet about the games.
I could see them revealing images of the pokemon and coro coro giving more in depth detail about them

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, I'm sure Prime are good games. I at least enjoyed watching a "Let's Play" of it

I'd just enjoy a 2D metroid more

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Get ready lads

The next Splatfest is Miitomo themed with Fancy Party vs Costume Party. Turns out this Splatfest is also global so everyones gonna jump into the fray for this Splatfest

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Get ready lads

The next Splatfest is Miitomo themed with Fancy Party vs Costume Party. Turns out this Splatfest is also global so everyones gonna jump into the fray for this Splatfest
I'd probably have to go with costume party, as I've never been to a "fancy party" before.

It seems like it'd be stuck up

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Nintendo series I was never able to get in to...

- Metroid
- Animal Crossing
- Pikmin
- Splatoon

Think that's about it. Those 4 in particular I just never was able to get in to. Played Zero Mission not too long ago and I sorta just lost interest in the game around Kraid.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You know, I just realized ( *EDIT* well, again, I think I've thought of this before and it just brought the thought back, now that I think about it. . .), thinking on how SaSASR:T came up earlier. . .

No matter how unpredictable the Smash roster may have gotten, no matter how much you think a character "doesn't fit," I think we should all take a step back to remember:

None of our characters have been anywhere near as weird as having Wreck-It-Ralph and Danica Patrick playable.

And you know what? That game was amazing despite the weird choices for third party racers, so even if we got something totally out of left field in a future Smash, it still wouldn't ruin the game.

I think it's refreshing to look at how that roster turned out and realize that maybe odd stuff isn't as much the end of the world as it seems when we only have Smash as a reference point.

. . .

Also that series really needs a third game. Seriously, that was awesome.

Maybe now that Smash has shown you can tone down Bayonetta, they'll put her in next time.

. . .Then again, judging by what they did with NiGHTS and Reala, they'd probably have her turn her hair into a car with all that entails, so I guess that wouldn't fly after all. It'd be pretty hilarious to watch, though.

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Saw Civil War tonight. Phenominal movie. Loved every second of it.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
So I've been listening to AA:DD's ost and I just realized something...

Simon Blackquill - Capcom character who is a Samurai w/ pet hawk.

Nakoruru - SNK character who owns a pet hawk, originates from Samurai Showdown.

Its the most perfect rivalry for CVS3 (if we ever get it) I tell you :p

Last edited:

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/sun_moon/?a001=msign

In unexpected news. New Pokemon and Sun moon info May 10th finally.
Not really that unexpected, because Gamefreak/The Pokemon Company always announces their main games, seperatly from other Nintendo events and they used May before to announce most of their other main games(HGSS, Platinum and ORAS come to mind)

CoroCoro also hinted last month, they would get "exclusive news", so you can bet that this months issue, will be a recap of things Gamefreak will show on the 10th
The only question is if Gamefreak/The Pokemon Company will get :4greninja:'d by the CoroCoro leakers, because like others said, CoroCoro leaks always start to happen arround the 10th day of a Month

I also could see them doing a Sun & Moon Direct, because thats what they also did for XY :)

D

Deleted member

I've been slowly realizing the world of Phoenix Wright is biased against defense lawyers
"Your honor, the witness has been constantly lying"
"So?"
"How can she be trusted then?"
"...Mr. Wright, I think you should focus on the facts before presenting them"
"But your honor! How can this trial go on if the only evidence against my client is a lying witness?"
"I think I'll have to penalize you for this"
"Wha--"
*loses last !*
"Alright, I declare the defendant... guilty!"
"WHAT THE HELL"
Another great episode! Honestly the whole show is really good, but as you stated, there are many great developments for this, and set up for a pretty nice finale to the story.

Now Side Note:

I have been learning advance map, to make a pokemon fan game. Learning the basics, and today I mapped the 1st town out:

Thoughts? I wanted something different, so it will start in a rocky alley area. As for the exist? Well I plan to add in a cave, but this is the basic layout. I'll need to touch up the grass around the houses, but I think it's nice otherwise.

The lab is also smaller for reasons that would be explained within the game. Might make it normal size though.
I like it, but as others said, it might be too early for a cave
Or you could still make a cave except with the Rattatas and Pidgeys and the like instead of the Geodudes and Zubats
Just don't make it too long
Get ready lads

Fancy Party, of course
You just get tired of wearing a costume in a Costume Party and don't even look good
And the first is more organized

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Get ready lads

I feel like this heavily depends on the kind of costume you'd wear to a costume party. Of course the hot dog would chafe a lot, but you could also go as someone in casual clothing. More comfortable and better looking than wearing a hot dog in my opinion.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I've been slowly realizing the world of Phoenix Wright is biased against defense lawyers
That's because it's a parody of the real-world Japanese legal system, where the conviction rate is over 99% - that Phoenix always faces such an uphill battle is just taking the difficulties real-world Japanese defence lawyers face, like prosecutors 100% convinced they'll win, and struggling to pay the month's rent, and taking them to comical extremes.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
"Your honor, the witness has been constantly lying"
"So?"
"How can she be trusted then?"
"...Mr. Wright, I think you should focus on the facts before presenting them"
"But your honor! How can this trial go on if the only evidence against my client is a lying witness?"
"I think I'll have to penalize you for this"
"Wha--"
*loses last !*
"Alright, I declare the defendant... guilty!"
"WHAT THE HELL"
I think it's social commentary on the sate of the Japanese Legal System. What really gets me is whenever the prosecution plays the "motive" card when they almost never have a proper motive in the first place.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Truth be told, a lot of things in Japanese media (and that includes games or anime) are better understood with a grasp on Japanese culture and/or society.

Well, that goes for any kind of fictional work. Cultural influences are often inevitable. Human imagination is always limited to each individual's own experiences and knowledge.

Also, random Japan only direct incoming lol :p

It's not even a general Nintendo Direct. Seems to be about a new Culdcept game.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Get ready lads

That blue Inkling is ****ing adorable. Can we get some formal clothing as gear please Nintendo? D:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Zelda being the only game at E3 and no sign of a Digital Presentation makes it seem like Nintendo is all but abandoning E3.

Which is fine, I guess. But I quite like E3, so...rip me. D:

I just hope this focus on Zelda doesn't cause me to get burnt out on the game before it even comes out (like Smash 4).

D

Deleted member

I think it's social commentary on the sate of the Japanese Legal System. What really gets me is whenever the prosecution plays the "motive" card when they almost never have a proper motive in the first place.
And in case 5, she has NO MOTIVE
What the hell
And I want to present a contradiction with the first witness's testimony but the game won't let me
I bet Edgeworth will do it for me... for the third time
Truth be told, a lot of things in Japanese media (and that includes games or anime) are better understood with a grasp on Japanese culture and/or society.

Well, that goes for any kind of fictional work. Cultural influences are often inevitable. Human imagination is always limited to each individual's own experiences and knowledge.

It's not even a general Nintendo Direct. Seems to be about a new Culdcept game.
I guess you're right, maybe that's why they changed some things on the AA localization, my mind wouldn't handle what is known as Ramen in Japan
I mean, what is Ramen? Is it some sort of burger? Who was the mysterious singer in Chapter 14? Does the plot of KH make any sense? Who is that Sheik guy? Can anime not have fanservice? Can Roy be viable? Can Sigurd not be broken? Who is the girl living next door in the haunted mansion? What is Mario's last name? Will Mighty No.9 ever truly be released? Will E3 suck? What the **** is a Sonic? Such are the mysteries of life...

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Culdcept Revolt was announced in the Japanese 3/3 Direct and is scheduled for a July 1st release date.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Don't know if this was posted, but here's some more evidence that Crash might be coming back:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1215369

Cortex's VA mentions resurrecting some characters, including a doctor.
Interesting.

For what it's worth Golden Sun might have a promising future given the possibility of Isaac doing fairly well in the Smash Ballot...if Nintendo actually takes this as an indication that fans want more Golden Sun
I hope so. I completely doubt it, though.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
As long as they don't pull the "multiple points of no return" like they did in Dark Dawn, it won't be an issue. The rest of DD was pretty good otherwise. Sure, it was too easy, but that's fine cause it was pretty fun overall. It was just too easy to miss stuff, a severe Guide Dang It problem.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so from where im standing takamaru, isabel and ashley are the three most likely assist trophies in smash 4 to get the playable treatment ala little mac

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Isabelle? The hyper pacifist who only loves to help people, not be violent? I can't see it. The characters who could technically be peaceful(like Villager, R.O.B., and Mr. Game & Watch) have no canon personality and can be made to fight. It works. Everybody else has fighting tactics or battles against something in general.

D

Deleted member

Isabelle? The hyper pacifist who only loves to help people, not be violent? I can't see it. The characters who could technically be peaceful(like Villager, R.O.B., and Mr. Game & Watch) have no canon personality and can be made to fight. It works. Everybody else has fighting tactics or battles against something in general.
Arbitrary Fan Rule #18410

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom