• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Not bad. Could use a bit more professional detail, but that could be the picture not showing it as well as it could. Is this an official one or fan-made?
It's fan-made.

I felt it gave a decent idea of what Lego Sonic characters could look like though.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
This theory is so good, 10/10.

I can just imagine a Zelda game where the gods no longer need the hero anymore. That would be sick.
I like the idea too. It's making me wonder : what would be Ganon role? I personally would like to see him trying to fight the gods on it's own only to unintentionally help Link, thought I guess it's kinda out of character.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
What I meant to say is that Star Fox and Star Fox 2 are not part of the Star Fox 64 timeline. Whereas, the Star Fox 64 timeline is not part of Star Fox Zero's timeline. In other words...

Timeline 1: Star Fox -> Star Fox 2
Timeline 2: Star Fox 64 -> Star Fox Adventures -> Star Fox Assault -> Star Fox Command
Timeline 3: Star Fox Zero
At Zero's launch I actually posted a similar rundown of those three exact same timelines in the "Did you like or not like Star Fox Zero" thread here.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
People talk about Zelda's 30th, as a Zelda fan I am definitely looking forward to what's coming (even if its a year later)...

But as a Metroid fan on the other hand...I'll be greatly disappointed if Federation Force is all Nintendo will bother doing for Metroid's 30th...whether or not it'll be a good game is moot considering its a minor spin-off title that we're getting after waiting 6 years for a new metroid game, 9 years for a new metroid game that doesn't suck, and 13 years for a Metroidvania metroid title...
The last point is one that does upset me especially after playing Super, ZM, and Fusion recently...I really want another 2D Metroid game; whether its a Metroid II remake or a Metroid 5...

Of course I do still want a Prime 4...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I like the idea too. It's making me wonder : what would be Ganon role? I personally would like to see him trying to fight the gods on it's own only to unintentionally help Link, thought I guess it's kinda out of character.
It actually could work.

I didn't actually finish Wind Waker myself yet. But didn't it have a scene that hinted that Ganondorf may not be as evil as we are led to believe?

Ganondorf being the hammed up madman works well enough, but I liked WW Ganondorf as he seemed to have a bit more depth to his motives. I would like to see that be expanded on.

I also wonder if we may be playing as the Hero of Time.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
the way i see it is that the fact they are doing a spinoff of metroid means they want to bring metroid back
(also i find it hilarious when ever a metroid fan complains about federation force
because compared to f zero fans they have it easy)

_Sheik

Smash Lord
It actually could work.

I didn't actually finish Wind Waker myself yet. But didn't it have a scene that hinted that Ganondorf may not be as evil as we are led to believe?

Ganondorf being the hammed up madman works well enough, but I liked WW Ganondorf as he seemed to have a bit more depth to his motives. I would like to see that be expanded on.

I also wonder if we may be playing as the Hero of Time.
I didn't finish TWW myself but the Game Grumps' playthrough of the game has let me know that indeed, he isn't 100% evil so to speak.

Afterwards I checked out the French localized version of the game, which sucked and failed to convey the eloquence and the drama of Ganondorf's character.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
the way i see it is that the fact they are doing a spinoff of metroid means they want to bring metroid back
(also i find it hilarious when ever a metroid fan complains about federation force
because compared to f zero fans they have it easy)
Reminder that F-Zero doesn't have a big milestone this year...

I can agree that F-Zero isn't better off...but consider the situation...if Federation Force bombs what does that mean for the franchise? Will it be put on another hiatus? This uncertainty is what worries me...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I mean it's pretty obvious that there is a degree of an "empirical" approach to how the Hylians go about things.

Just look at what the royal family did to Impaz and the Sheikah tribe after they didn't need them anymore.

...WAIT

If the Sheikah are supposed to be servants to the royal family and have a connection to the gods...

...would it not be possible that, assuming the gods did get all "lol we don't need a hero anymore" and are going to exterminate some of the population, wouldn't the Sheikah most likely be the first race they would target? The Sheikah represent a connection between the gods and the royal family. Naturally, if the gods or the royal family wanted to sever that connection, the Sheikah would immediately have a target on their heads. That would explain the recurring Sheikah symbol in all of the footage so far. Maybe Link is trying to help out races like the Sheikah and the Gerudo for some reason, as they are unjustly being hunted down?

I'm rambling and it's late so this may just be incomprehensible crap, but damn, there are so many ways it could go.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Isn't it obvious by now that Federation Force WILL bomb?

We do have the Golden Sun, Mother 3 and Pikmin milestones, but we have nothing more than a localization rumor and a "confirmed to be near finition in development" game that Nintendo themselves have said NOTHING about since that news website reported their conversation with Miyamoto regarding P4. Doesn't it feel like an Emily Rogers situation all of a sudden?

Sorry for the rough English

D

Deleted member

I for one don't watch Treehouse streams very much, so I'm skeptical about this Zelda one being the only thing that's going to show up on June 14. Though I may end up watching it a little bit, I don't know. At least we finally get to know more about the game (and hopefully it recieves an actual name, but that's quite minor anyway).

I will probably end up treating the whole E3 week as just another week. We're still getting the NX reveal event later in the year, so that's something to look forward to.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Man you guys are in for a laugh of a lifetime

So you post a picture of Me Gusta, right?

And then the police are supposed to come in, go "Put your hands up!" and all that?

...How the **** do you outlaw memes? I mean, they happen, like, every day. They're created, like, every day. I really don't get it.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Another important thing to note....

F-Zero only needs to be brought out of dormancy...give us a good solid racing title (possibly for 2020 which is f-zero's 30th)...and you have happy fans...

Metroid needs more than just a new title to be released, it needs an opportunity to redeem itself...I want to be optimistic when it comes to FF...but this is the main reason why a lot of fans are pissed off by this game's announcement...this isn't what the franchise needs right now and it doesn't help that the face of the series isn't even playable in the game...

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
What even......?

Like this is worse then the fine bros trying to trademark the word react.
Tonight at eleven. Smashboards ©react to Mexican woman wanting to ban memes.

That said all the rumors about NX from credible people does have me convinced the system will at least have some sort of handheld component.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517

I mean ignoring the fact that SEGA is more than just Sonic, Boom was literally one game and it was outsourced.
Oh, sorry, sorry. I meant some of their more recent games. I actually really liked some of their games like NiGHTS: Into Dreams and SaSASR:T.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
People talk about Zelda's 30th, as a Zelda fan I am definitely looking forward to what's coming (even if its a year later)...

But as a Metroid fan on the other hand...I'll be greatly disappointed if Federation Force is all Nintendo will bother doing for Metroid's 30th...whether or not it'll be a good game is moot considering its a minor spin-off title that we're getting after waiting 6 years for a new metroid game, 9 years for a new metroid game that doesn't suck, and 13 years for a Metroidvania metroid title...
The last point is one that does upset me especially after playing Super, ZM, and Fusion recently...I really want another 2D Metroid game; whether its a Metroid II remake or a Metroid 5...

Of course I do still want a Prime 4...
I'm willing to bet that Prime 4 will be revealed in the NX Direct later this year. Not necessarily an NX launch title but at least a year or 2 after the NX's launch.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh, sorry, sorry. I meant some of their more recent games. I actually really liked some of their games like NiGHTS: Into Dreams and SaSASR:T.
Out of curiosity, what ones do you mean?

Sonic-wise, the only truly bad ones in recent times have been Rise of Lyric and Runners. Lost World is divisive and by no means perfect, but it's far from "****ty" by any stretch of the imagination.

I don't play much of their other current stuff, but from what I hear, games like ROME and Total War spearhead their genre and all that.

Then you have stuff like the Hatsune Miku games which everyone seems to love.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
I'm willing to bet that Prime 4 will be revealed in the NX Direct later this year. Not necessarily an NX launch title but at least a year or 2 after the NX's launch.
I have zero faith in Nintendo revealing the NX during a Direct. I cannot shake myself off the belief that they will hold a dedicated conference at TGS 2016.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
This is one of my favorite episodes. The ending's perfect to because of this:
This episode just kept toping itself : bad animation, twist ending, muscular watchdogs, scooby doo falls (basically telling it's a good show, which it is) and Hater making self-aware jokes about animoter. 11/10, best episode.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Well SaSASR:T isn't THAT old, I mean it came out recently enough to be a Wii U and 3DS title.

And even with the meltdowns Lost World and Boom caused, Generations still hasn't quite fully collected dust IMO, especially since that had a 3DS version as well.

If it's not coming out at launch, especially if it's coming out that much later, then IMO I doubt we'll see it in a Direct this year.

I'm not counting out Prime 4 being in the works, I just don't think they'd announce it right away even if it was unless it was a launch title. Seems like something more suited to E3 2017 or some general Summer 2017 announcement if they don't arrange E3.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Ladies and Gentlemen, I am officially a naughty boy.
20160505_185333.jpg

ChikoLad ChikoLad If you still have that Cosmic Rosalina you made, and you would still be interested in making an English Cloud mod, I'd love you forever. :V

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The funny thing about SEGA doing this, is that they absolutely don't have to.

Nintendo taking down videos without warning is bad because a lot of the videos they take down are fan works or gameplay videos. This isn't OK because those videos are iterative works. They derive from Nintendo's content, but because they are iterative, some of the content belongs to the YouTuber. With an LP, for example, you are showing off YOUR experience with the game, which is different to someone else's content, and showing off just the game itself is not necessarily the main purpose.

However, the Sonic Boom episodes are just flat out TV episodes. People uploading them really are stealing content and money from SEGA by uploading them to YouTube, as the work isn't iterative (commentaries don't count for TV Shows because the TV episode plays out the exact same way no matter who is commentating on it). So SEGA would honestly be perfectly entitled to just claim the videos without warning.

But they aren't doing that and are actually giving people warning. Meanwhile, Nintendo are still basically the YouTube Gaming Yakuza.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Well SaSASR:T isn't THAT old, I mean it came out recently enough to be a Wii U and 3DS title.

And even with the meltdowns Lost World and Boom caused, Generations still hasn't quite fully collected dust IMO, especially since that had a 3DS version as well.
Well, I didn't mean ONLY their old games. I said "some of their recent ones". Not all of them. Either way, I did have a good time with SaSASR:T. Kinda wish they'd do more games for their other franchises, though... A Billy Hatcher game would certainly be nice, I always wanted to try it.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
... I'm seriously impressed. Between this and them letting people upload rom hacks to Steam, I don't I've seen a company so open about copyright. All of my respect.

:231:
SEGA did say they wanted to get fans' trust back.
They've been doing a pretty good job so far.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Well, I didn't mean ONLY their old games. I said "some of their recent ones". Not all of them. Either way, I did have a good time with SaSASR:T. Kinda wish they'd do more games for their other franchises, though... A Billy Hatcher game would certainly be nice, I always wanted to try it.
I just want to be able to buy a digital port of Skies of Arcadia without ordering some old video game system and tracking down a physical copy.

You weren't the only one that played SaSASR:T, and there's something about this nice. . . "anime" guy with a see-through eye patch that piques my curiosity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom