• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

My take on the 30 limit character roster. Made sure to include as many Nintendo series as possible because that IMO should be the purpose of Smash Bros. That means other than Mario and Zelda which are the big series of Nintendo, no other series gets more than 2 reps barring PKMN so I can keep the original 12 as well as the DK series which is sort of connected to Mario.

The Mii option is a customization Mii as opposed to preset ones that would encompass all the "Wii" games Nintendo has produced so that would eliminate the need of WFT.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
So I'm late but on thebE3 thing...

I totally had a feeling Nintendo would be quiet at E3, only to have a Direct in Septemper-ish which absolutely kills. NX with an actual launch line up of games.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
How many other series use unreleased titles as "canon"?

Edit: LOL, is "Mario's Wacky World" canon?
Nobody said it's canon.

Had the game been released though, it would have taken place directly after the original game.

Hence, I put it on my timeline.

I mean I've played the game myself so I figured I might as well. Not like it effects the main timeline (SF64 to Command) anyway.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
If there's no Direct at E3, it'll just be in line with Nintendo choosing to do their own thing...

Like always...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
If there's no Direct at E3, it'll just be in line with Nintendo choosing to do their own thing...

Like always...
How is it like always though? They always had an E3 presence where they showed off multiple games whether it was a conference or a Digital Event.

Them saying nope sorry just Zelda this year is something they've never done before and it's only natural that people won't like that.

Also makes me worried that we're not going to hear about 3DS titles coming in 2017 which i'm keen to know. Also keen on knowing what Codename N-Stars is so i'd like to see that revealed in a Direct soon.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You ask that as if people care about Mario canon.
Most Super Mario titles are just Bowser kidnapping Peach, and Mario must save her. There really isn't much of a story to that, and frankly, Super Mario has more been about gameplay than actual stories anyway.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Figures. That's something I would expect you would do since it's basically your life purpose.
Nice. You edit this in to make a jab at me for hating your precious husbando. Veeeeeeery hypocritical. When you make a 9/11 joke "GAIZ CHIL U PC ****S IT'S A LIGHTHEARTED JOKE" yet when someone even mentions Roy in a negative manner, you do this. Even when it's fair criticism. Besides, everyone here knows my life purpose is growing breasts so Zoroarking can stop calling me flat

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Nice. You edit this in to make a jab at me for hating your precious husbando. Veeeeeeery hypocritical. When you make a 9/11 joke "GAIZ CHIL U PC ****S IT'S A LIGHTHEARTED JOKE" yet when someone even mentions Roy in a negative manner, you do this. Even when it's fair criticism. Besides, everyone here knows my life purpose is growing breasts so Zoroarking can stop calling me flat
...So if I call you flat, it's okay, but if Zoroarking does, it's not? >.>

But I overall agree with you that making jabs at other people is uncalled for. :/

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I've said it once, I guess I need to say again but SMB has no canon because it's all a show.

Mario 3 even shows that. Why do think Kart races, Parties and sporting events exist?

:4mario::4luigi: aren't just plumbers, they're actors in plays (Mario 3/World), characters in books (Paper Mario and SMG) or even movie actors

:4bowser: isn't even a bad guy and just does it to support his family :4bowserjr:

:4peach: probably isn't stupid and just acts that way for the camera.

:4dk::4wario::4yoshi::4diddy: probably all do their own things and lives

And :rosalina: isn't even a goddess. She's probably a Teacher/Librarian for those cute Lumas.

Mario canon is just all a fake and a sham

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I've said it once, I guess I need to say again but SMB has no canon because it's all a show.

Mario 3 even shows that. Why do think Kart races, Parties and sporting events exist?

:4mario::4luigi: aren't just plumbers, they're actors in plays (Mario 3/World), characters in books (Paper Mario and SMG) or even movie actors

:4bowser: isn't even a bad guy and just does it to support his family :4bowserjr:

:4peach: probably isn't stupid and just acts that way for the camera.

:4dk::4wario::4yoshi::4diddy: probably all do their own things and lives

And :rosalina: isn't even a goddess. She's probably a Teacher/Librarian for those cute Lumas.

Mario canon is just all a fake and a sham
Wait, if it's all a play...Does that mean me sucking at Mario 3 is why I'll never be able to start an acting career as minimal as youtube vids? Q.Q

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Wait, if it's all a play...Does that mean me sucking at Mario 3 is why I'll never be able to start an acting career as minimal as youtube vids? Q.Q
Yep.

All a show. Like Professional Wrestling and Professional Basketball

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
RIP my dream for making a Jojo Abridged. Imma go to my room Q.Q
*loud CRAWLING IN MY SKIN plays in the distance*
Antfish got you beaten on that one.

Hel already did a JoJo Abridged series.

The only reason he stopped is due to being a more prominent voice actor

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Antfish got you beaten on that one.

Hel already did a JoJo Abridged series.

The only reason he stopped is due to being a more prominent voice actor
First of all, he did 2, second, if anything, that just gives me more to look at for the sake of not accidentally plagiarizing. I also had a running gag for Battle Tendency in mind

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
No I was saying that because of your unhealthy obsession with hating a fictional character as admitted by yourself. Wasn't offended in the slightest because all I did was point out your pitful hatred of a fictional character when you were up in arms about a joke that had no implications on the intricacies of said event in which you promptly lost your mind over. Huge difference right there but seeing as you want to twist the situation to suit your favor that's all on you. Got infraction points for the ordeal yesterday so i'm not wasting my time with you on this again.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I know it's because the image is cropped, but it looks like Rosalina's a bit chubby. Explains her weight in Mario Kart
She's bigger up there anyway. :troll:

Yeah, I still found it kind of weird how Mario Kart Wii set the weights. Seemed to be based more on height than actually looking at the character alone. Rosalina could potentially be any of the main 3 sizes, due to gravity being something she works with.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Don't remind me of those weight discussions that I've been involved with in the past.

I love this picture

First of all, he did 2, second, if anything, that just gives me more to look at for the sake of not accidentally plagiarizing. I also had a running gag for Battle Tendency in mind
Alright but you better have your stuff down and have a great actor to play Ceasar because if not I'm coming for you

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

I love this picture

Alright but you better have your stuff down and have a great actor to play Ceasar because if not I'm coming for you
I have no clue who the **** could work. Thought my running gag was Ceaser saying stuff that include the word 'mother' to Jojo. like "Jojo you mother ******, Jojo, you kiss your mother with that mouth?" if he smacktalks Lisa Lisa

And holy ****, the pokemon anime. Ash made a champion visibly sweat in a 1v1. I should watch the XY stuff

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
She's bigger up there anyway. :troll:

Yeah, I still found it kind of weird how Mario Kart Wii set the weights. Seemed to be based more on height than actually looking at the character alone. Rosalina could potentially be any of the main 3 sizes, due to gravity being something she works with.
She's not using her powers in Mario Kart so she's heavy weight.

Mario Kart doesn't really base it on size. People only say that because of King Boo, but he's like one instance.

Peach is way bigger than Mario yet has been classed as a lightweight many times. Same with Daisy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom