• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So...what about that private event at Nintendo NYC? Should be over now. Did anything come out of it?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So...what about that private event at Nintendo NYC? Should be over now. Did anything come out of it?
If
Anything happened at it, we wouldn’t find out today. Maybe in the next few days, but not today.

Now a Side Note:

Why is it mother’s day week on Badge Arcade, yet no mother badges? I’m slightly disappointed Nintendo…

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Also, a little unrelated but can I just say how the two maps where Takumi is the boss are the best in the game?
Chapter 10 is just pure perfection and 23 invoked the feeling of charging a fortress I always wanted
I agree about Chapters 10 and 23. I remember Chapter 10 taking me multiple tries to get right, thus making me angry over it in the process, but when I look back at it now, I thought it was a fun chapter overall. It really requires you to play your cards right if you want to complete this map without losing a single unit. The music that plays also fits perfectly, probably my favorite moment "Dark Wastes" plays.

Chapter 23 was also a fun one. I dropped the difficulty at that point (lowered it to Normal at Chapter 12 because I had too much trouble at Macareth on Hard, and I just wanted to proceed more into the game at the point), but it was still a fun challenge. Dealing with the first batch of Snipers, Basaras, and Spear Masters on the ground was a tense moment, and knowing when to go up the wall was fun too.

------

On a different note, I finally finished Fire Emblem Fates Conquest this morning (technically I finished it last night, but I put my 3DS to sleep mode right when I was going to land the killing blow on the final boss to sleep for the night because I know long the following events afterward take, and it was getting really late for me).

Damn, Chapter 27 was challenging. It took me three tries. The first attempt involved a Sniper successfully landing a crit and killing Selena, and the second attempt had me foolishly putting Charlotte with a Tomahawk thinking it was the only way she could deal with those Lancers with Counter+Magic Counter and that Merchant. The successful attempt was largely thanks to luck. Two of those final four enemy units were taken out thanks to critical hits. The other two involved chipping away at their damage with distance weapons to avoid Counter and Magic Counter (seriously, that's just crazy those Lancers have to have both abilities).

Xander did much of the attacking on Garon, and I had to use Rally Defense just to make sure he'd better tank, as well as Rally Speed for the additional damage. I had myself and Xander perform an Attack Stance and weaken Garon to just 1 HP. I hilariously had Selena finish the killing blow with her forged "Tsundoom Axe."

And I still can't believe I managed to beat the Endgame on my first try considering I heard many horror stories about how brutal it is. Keaton, Velouria, Xander, Siegbert, and Effie largely carried this map for me. I'm glad I read about the "death wave" the Possessed Takumi releases every three turns in advance. The only time I got affected by it was when I accidentally put Xander over the tile where it would be created on the turn Takumi started charging, and Xander was the only one that got hit by it, receiving 22 damage. Thank god the Faceless across from him went straight for Arthur instead.

When I finally reached Takumi, the order I used to weaken him was as follows: Weaken him with Keaton, then do some more damage with Xander, throw in Effie to cancel the Dual Guard when he was in KO range, then use Siegbert to land the final blow (decided to use him over myself just because he had a 100% chance of landing a hit).

It was fun though, and I didn't lose a single unit.
I guess the ending felt somewhat satisfying on the Nohrian part, but Hinoka apparently wasn't ready to be queen because she banked too much on Ryoma becoming the next king of Hoshido (if I was younger sibling in the time before Ryoma's death, I would've been trying to prepare for the scenario I became the next ruler just in case). They didn't seem to emphasize that with Leo in Birthright. In that route, Leo surprisingly looked pretty content with becoming king compared to Hinoka here, but fan art of King Leo suggest otherwise (and for good reason).

The ending cutscene was pretty nice too, particularly hearing Xander's speech. My only complaint is that once again they had to make Camilla's moment total fanservice just like her cutscene in Birthright by having you accidentally bump into her boobs. Was that really necessary?

Overall, Conquest was an enjoyable game. The maps and the gameplay were definitely a lot more enjoyable than Birthright. Then again, it was old-school Fire Emblem they were going for here, and getting to experience it first hand since Awakening was my first game in the series, it was quite fun.

The story though? Now that I've finished the game, I have to admit that I liked Birthright's story a lot more. When I played through Birthright, I felt satisfied with the way the story developed. When I played through Conquest, I ended up feeling really conflicted about its story.

The primary issues that I can think off the top of my head are:
  • Chapter 13: I noticed an inconsistency where the villagers in Cheve that you visit during the battle apparently don't support the rebellion. They end up saying, "Oh, Scarlet? Yeah, she's coo-coo," and that was odd for me considering that in Birthright, all of Cheve is supposed to be against Nohr (all the villagers there say, "Hell yeah we're done with Garon's reign. We're with you guys!" Heck, you are even told in Conquest all of Cheve wants a rebellion. Not only thought, but Corrin should have expected Hans would go on a killing spree after what he did to him in Chapter 3 and Xander telling him, "I don't trust Hans."
  • Chapter 14: How the heck does Corrin not figure out that the mysterious dancer is Azura? If I saw someone with long blue hair with similar dance moves that I've seen over the course of five chapters, I would've figured it was Azura easily.
  • Chapter 15: As cool as it was to find out Gunter was alive and playing through a fun map, I don't think visiting Valla was really necessary, let alone bringing back Gunter. That felt more like a reveal that should be saved just for Revelation. If I had to rewrite this chapter so that it flows better with the story, this is what I would do: We try to find Azura since she's missing, but on the way, we run into an army of invisible soldiers. We take them out, and afterwards, we find Azura, who wants to see me alone. She shows me what she found: a crystal ball. Speaking of which...
  • The Crystal Ball: Yep, I can agree that this is where Conquest's story took a downright plunge. She uses it show us Garon's true form. The crystal breaks, and then she tells us how to expose Garon to take him out: by successfully conquering Hoshido so that Garon can sit on the throne that is meant to show a person's "truth." MANY problems here.
    • The crystal just suddenly breaks for no reason whatsoever? Why? I don't think a crystal like that would be that easy to break. She could have easily brought it over to the Nohrian siblings to show them it. Leo apparently succeeding in bringing over a "dark crystal" from the Bottomless Canyon in Birthright, at least to the point his retainers knew about it because it was gone by then.
    • I understand "invading Hoshido" is exactly this route is called "Conquest" for a reason, but Corrin just agrees with it without thinking there is another way. He doesn't realize that invasion is going to require killing people, something that completely contradicts his philosophy about "not wanting anyone dead as I complete the mission." He doesn't even realize that by invading Hoshido, Garon, Iago, and Hanz, will join along, and we know how they are when it comes to killing people.
    • Couldn't they just tell that Nohrian royal siblings after learning the truth about Garon? I still don't think the crystal would've been destroyed that easily. I would've talked to my siblings afterward and tell them something's wrong with Garon and show them the truth. Perhaps then we could try to find a way to take out Garon without resorting to mass bloodshed, but nope, we need to do an invasion. "But the siblings might not believe you," you might reply. We'll address that later.
  • Chapter 18: Why did we need to have a banquet with the Hoshidan royal family right in the smack-dab middle of the war? That doesn't flow with the story at all; even if it was funny, it was so random. I get it that this chapter was meant to highlight how the Nohrian siblings are not like Garon or Zola in that they don't want to kill people, but I feel like they could've had Zola do something other than capture the Hoshidan royal siblings if they really wanted to give him spotlight.
  • Chapter 21: So Iago wants you dead by summoning a mass army of Faceless against you as you climb the Eternal Stairway. Does he not realize that by summoning a massive army of Faceless, he also wants the Nohrian royal siblings dead, as well as anyone else with them? That's hindering the invasion if you ask me.
  • Chapter 26: If Corrin engages with Iago during battle, Iago reveals, "[It was] I who told the enemy about your journey to Macarath." So let me get this straight, Iago. You told the Hoshidan forces that I was heading to Macareth to fetch the medicine needed to save Elise's life, and that they need to prevent me from getting it? You basically wanted Elise dead! Sure, you wanted me to suffer out of grief over her loss, but you do realize that you are committing an act of treason by communicating with the enemy like that? Again, I feel like Iago wants to make me suffer with plans that are counter-productive to Nohr's position in the war.
  • Your family's reaction when they learn about True Garon: Aside from Xander's reaction, I'm still shocked everyone was all like, "No way, this can't be father. We can't attack him since he's still the man we all know and love." They knew something wrong was with father! I remember in Leo and Elise's supports, Leo knows the current King Garon isn't the same as he was in the past. He would probably join Xander right away with, "This monster is not our father at all. No wonder something was wrong all these years." And thanks to Leo, Elise should be aware about that too. Remember how I said we could've talked to all the siblings about Garon's true form before the invasion even began? I'm sure they'd all believe me. Xander realized Garon wanted me dead going into the battle in Chapter 7, so I'm sure Xander would hear me too.
Birthright's story was more straightfoward IMO. Yes, it didn't have the perfect plot either, since it was your good ol "Stop the enemy forces from invading" FE plot, but at least it wasn't too complex to the point they started getting into way too many inconsistencies. I ended up having so many qualms with Conquest's story compared to Birthright's that I didn't feel too compelled with proceeding into its story. For me, the primary reason I kept playing it was to experience the gameplay and see what exciting new map awaited me.

Conquest's story also felt too dependent on Revelation's reveals. Birthright also had those unanswered questions left to be answered for the third route, but those questions felt more subtle compared to Conquest's.

As for the characters? I can understand why Conquest's characters are more enjoyable, though I don't have too many that are my favorite. The ones that I really liked were Laslow (he's easily my favorite of the three Awakening children; I was never into Odin and Selena that much), Niles, Arthur, and Charlotte. Peri was pretty enjoyable, probably one of the few yanderes that I actually liked. Keaton was cool, but I didn't seem to enjoy him that much as a character compared to Kaden. As a fighting unit, though, Keaton is a blast to use because of he's such a good hard-hitting tank (and was one of my MVPs in this play through). Children wise, my favorite Nohrian child unit probably has to be Ophelia. Not only does she make a broken mage, but I feel like her character was more enjoyable than Odin's. She has the same theatrical attitude, but her playful personality and voice like her grandmother made her feel more enjoyable for me, like it was the right mix. Nina is also up there, as I find her "daydreaming" personality rather amusing. Siegbert was an enjoyable character too since I'm a huge Xander fan. Velouria was similar to Keaton: made a great unit fighting unit, but character wasn't something I remember the most for. I like Selkie just a tad bit more when it comes to the Beastkin children. Overall, it's hard for me to pick which overall cast of characters were better between the two versions. I think both have their fair share of enjoyable and enjoyable characters.

Now onto the royal siblings: again, I can understand why Nohrian siblings are generally more preferred than the Hoshidan ones, but I guess I'm one of the few that likes most of the Hoshidan siblings more.
  • Xander: Definitely my favorite of all the Nohrian siblings. He has a great personality and a lot of memorable dialogue, and I like how he interacts with Corrin, not to mention Xander saved me in so many chapters with his signature sword combined with his really good Strength and Defense stats. I'd say Xander is either a bit higher or tied with Ryoma for my favorite oldest sibling.
  • Camilla: I guess her backstory was fairly interesting (and she knows how to be cold and brutal at the right times), but I found it hard for her to take her seriously thanks to how they emphasize "fan-service" out of her. Her cutscene in Birthright wasn't some epic introduction with her flying from her dragon as she points her axe at you or uses a tome. It was just her doing a sexy walk zooming in on parts of her body, then switching into a POV perspective as she grabs your head. Then there's the final cutscene in Conquest where you bump into her boobs and fall to the ground while you were being dragged by Elise. Again, why was this necessary? Not to mention she has some... favoritism issues toward Corrin. I know she cares about her siblings, but I found her attachment to Corrin a little... cringeworthy at times (heck, in Arthur and Camilla's supports, Camilla tells Arthur to tell Corrin how much she loves him). I found Hinoka's devotion to Corrin more appealing to be honest, as well as having a more enjoyable character.
  • Leo: He's cool and has a cool design, but I feel like Takumi's character was way more interesting, not to mention Takumi was more relatable and was more reliable in my Birthright playthrough then Leo was in my Conquest play through.
  • Elise: It's cute how she loves Corrin, but she felt a little... too energetic for my tastes. There were moments in Conquest that didn't give me particularly fond opinion of her, particularly Chapter 8 when she's the reason you end up having to fight the Ice Tribe in the first place (how can anyone make such a big mistake like that) and when she rudely snapped out at Sakura in Chapter 18. I was glad to see she underwent character development and learned to bond with Sakura in the end though. Elise was also my best magic-user too. In all, I like Elise, but I prefer Sakura more due to personality.
In the end, even though Conquest had its issues, it was still a fun experience. Gameplay and characters were fun, but the story could've been written a lot better.

And with that, I'll finally be able to start Revelation just in time for summer vacation (at least very close to it; I only have one more day until my break begins). Glad to have Takumi and Kaden joining my side again!

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
No E3 Direct huh? I'm not even surprised.

Just hope that there's at least a few more games announced for the Wii U. Because right now all we have is Tokyo Mirage Sessions and Color Splash, and, well... yeah.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I just want to see the 3DS lineup for the rest of this year and 2017 revealed in a Direct. We pretty much know everything there is to know about the Wii U now.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well we all did complain to Ninendo about how we wanted Zelda news.

You can't say they aren't delivering
:troll:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Everyone is overacting.

They never said that they're be no direct. They just plan on starting with Zelda.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Everyone is overacting.

They never said that they're be no direct. They just plan on starting with Zelda.
In their briefing with the press they didn't mention anything. This press briefing is where they announce the Digital Event every year. It isn't there this year. It isn't happening.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
An interesting video by Alax.
Swap out Robin with Isaac and it's a pretty good minimal roster.

Pazzo. Pazzo. I believe they announced that their entire E3 presentation is dedicated solely to Zelda. If theirs any hope for a general Direct outside of E3, it would have to be in May or a couple of weeks before/after E3 in June.

Methinks this is a bad sign that what Nintendo already revealed is all they have for the remainder of the year and Zelda being the only thing focused means they don't have anything outside of that. Would really like to be wrong here.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Ok this symbol has me even more curious about Zelda U...

An obvious correlation to Link's arrows and yhe book/stone slab as well as the beamos enemy...but in addition to the sheikah's tearing eye the designs on this symbol remind me very much of some facets of the Twilight realm...perhaps another indication to the connection to Twilight Princess as well as a possible link between the Sheikah and the Twili...

As much as it sucks that Nintendo news will be limited to one game I'm pretty dam excited to see what will be revealed about Zelda U finally...

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Here's their announcement:

And here's their E3 site:
http://e3.nintendo.com/#section-zelda
Nintendo said:
Nintendo's E3 show kicks off at 17:00 BST on Tuesday...
That should speak for itself. The main focus is Zelda, so they're starting with it.

In fact, it looks like the entire first day will be Zelda. But I doubt that Nintendo will have nothing else to show, especially with a new Rhythm Heaven game, new Pokémon game, new Monster Hunter, etc.

D

Deleted member

Damn, Chapter 27 was challenging. It took me three tries. The first attempt involved a Sniper successfully landing a crit and killing Selena, and the second attempt had me foolishly putting Charlotte with a Tomahawk thinking it was the only way she could deal with those Lancers with Counter+Magic Counter and that Merchant. The successful attempt was largely thanks to luck. Two of those final four enemy units were taken out thanks to critical hits. The other two involved chipping away at their damage with distance weapons to avoid Counter and Magic Counter (seriously, that's just crazy those Lancers have to have both abilities).

Xander did much of the attacking on Garon, and I had to use Rally Defense just to make sure he'd better tank, as well as Rally Speed for the additional damage. I had myself and Xander perform an Attack Stance and weaken Garon to just 1 HP. I hilariously had Selena finish the killing blow with her forged "Tsundoom Axe."

And I still can't believe I managed to beat the Endgame on my first try considering I heard many horror stories about how brutal it is. Keaton, Velouria, Xander, Siegbert, and Effie largely carried this map for me. I'm glad I read about the "death wave" the Possessed Takumi releases every three turns in advance. The only time I got affected by it was when I accidentally put Xander over the tile where it would be created on the turn Takumi started charging, and Xander was the only one that got hit by it, receiving 22 damage. Thank god the Faceless across from him went straight for Arthur instead.

When I finally reached Takumi, the order I used to weaken him was as follows: Weaken him with Keaton, then do some more damage with Xander, throw in Effie to cancel the Dual Guard when he was in KO range, then use Siegbert to land the final blow (decided to use him over myself just because he had a 100% chance of landing a hit).

It was fun though, and I didn't lose a single unit.
The Lancers are not really hard to take care of if you abuse the stairs
In Normal mode, I always had Xander+Charlotte and Keaton+Felicia in the southern rooms to kill the Ninja and the Mage and wait for the other enemies to reach me(the Lancers and Merchant would just go back to their starting point) and use the stairs to get everyone up there and attack with ranged physical units first then finishing off them and surrounding the Merchant
Maybe I have the formula to that chapter because of how many times I had to do it, I dunno, I still find it a fun chapter with having to fight all the S-Rank weapon users separetely, and on Hard, you can't deploy units in any rooms besides the two north ones(which both get a Spear Fighter and Swordmaster pair up) and the other rooms have Shrine Maidens with a 200 accuracy 1-use Entrap staff ao you can't choose who goes against who(but enemies won't attack your units on the turn they're warped)

Endgame is hard because of how it's designed, in Normal, it'll usually be your fault but it's still a pain to reset 27 because of a 3% crit
On Hard though, there are too many paired units with high Mov and the Faceless get a skill that makes them explode if their HP gets down to below half. And. It. Never. Ends.
I guess the ending felt somewhat satisfying on the Nohrian part, but Hinoka apparently wasn't ready to be queen because she banked too much on Ryoma becoming the next king of Hoshido (if I was younger sibling in the time before Ryoma's death, I would've been trying to prepare for the scenario I became the next ruler just in case). They didn't seem to emphasize that with Leo in Birthright. In that route, Leo surprisingly looked pretty content with becoming king compared to Hinoka here, but fan art of King Leo suggest otherwise (and for good reason).

The ending cutscene was pretty nice too, particularly hearing Xander's speech. My only complaint is that once again they had to make Camilla's moment total fanservice just like her cutscene in Birthright by having you accidentally bump into her boobs. Was that really necessary?

Overall, Conquest was an enjoyable game. The maps and the gameplay were definitely a lot more enjoyable than Birthright. Then again, it was old-school Fire Emblem they were going for here, and getting to experience it first hand since Awakening was my first game in the series, it was quite fun.

The story though? Now that I've finished the game, I have to admit that I liked Birthright's story a lot more. When I played through Birthright, I felt satisfied with the way the story developed. When I played through Conquest, I ended up feeling really conflicted about its story.

The primary issues that I can think off the top of my head are:
  • Chapter 13: I noticed an inconsistency where the villagers in Cheve that you visit during the battle apparently don't support the rebellion. They end up saying, "Oh, Scarlet? Yeah, she's coo-coo," and that was odd for me considering that in Birthright, all of Cheve is supposed to be against Nohr (all the villagers there say, "Hell yeah we're done with Garon's reign. We're with you guys!" Heck, you are even told in Conquest all of Cheve wants a rebellion. Not only thought, but Corrin should have expected Hans would go on a killing spree after what he did to him in Chapter 3 and Xander telling him, "I don't trust Hans."
  • Chapter 14: How the heck does Corrin not figure out that the mysterious dancer is Azura? If I saw someone with long blue hair with similar dance moves that I've seen over the course of five chapters, I would've figured it was Azura easily.
  • Chapter 15: As cool as it was to find out Gunter was alive and playing through a fun map, I don't think visiting Valla was really necessary, let alone bringing back Gunter. That felt more like a reveal that should be saved just for Revelation. If I had to rewrite this chapter so that it flows better with the story, this is what I would do: We try to find Azura since she's missing, but on the way, we run into an army of invisible soldiers. We take them out, and afterwards, we find Azura, who wants to see me alone. She shows me what she found: a crystal ball. Speaking of which...
  • The Crystal Ball: Yep, I can agree that this is where Conquest's story took a downright plunge. She uses it show us Garon's true form. The crystal breaks, and then she tells us how to expose Garon to take him out: by successfully conquering Hoshido so that Garon can sit on the throne that is meant to show a person's "truth." MANY problems here.
    • The crystal just suddenly breaks for no reason whatsoever? Why? I don't think a crystal like that would be that easy to break. She could have easily brought it over to the Nohrian siblings to show them it. Leo apparently succeeding in bringing over a "dark crystal" from the Bottomless Canyon in Birthright, at least to the point his retainers knew about it because it was gone by then.
    • I understand "invading Hoshido" is exactly this route is called "Conquest" for a reason, but Corrin just agrees with it without thinking there is another way. He doesn't realize that invasion is going to require killing people, something that completely contradicts his philosophy about "not wanting anyone dead as I complete the mission." He doesn't even realize that by invading Hoshido, Garon, Iago, and Hanz, will join along, and we know how they are when it comes to killing people.
    • Couldn't they just tell that Nohrian royal siblings after learning the truth about Garon? I still don't think the crystal would've been destroyed that easily. I would've talked to my siblings afterward and tell them something's wrong with Garon and show them the truth. Perhaps then we could try to find a way to take out Garon without resorting to mass bloodshed, but nope, we need to do an invasion. "But the siblings might not believe you," you might reply. We'll address that later.
  • Chapter 18: Why did we need to have a banquet with the Hoshidan royal family right in the smack-dab middle of the war? That doesn't flow with the story at all; even if it was funny, it was so random. I get it that this chapter was meant to highlight how the Nohrian siblings are not like Garon or Zola in that they don't want to kill people, but I feel like they could've had Zola do something other than capture the Hoshidan royal siblings if they really wanted to give him spotlight.
  • Chapter 21: So Iago wants you dead by summoning a mass army of Faceless against you as you climb the Eternal Stairway. Does he not realize that by summoning a massive army of Faceless, he also wants the Nohrian royal siblings dead, as well as anyone else with them? That's hindering the invasion if you ask me.
  • Chapter 26: If Corrin engages with Iago during battle, Iago reveals, "[It was] I who told the enemy about your journey to Macarath." So let me get this straight, Iago. You told the Hoshidan forces that I was heading to Macareth to fetch the medicine needed to save Elise's life, and that they need to prevent me from getting it? You basically wanted Elise dead! Sure, you wanted me to suffer out of grief over her loss, but you do realize that you are committing an act of treason by communicating with the enemy like that? Again, I feel like Iago wants to make me suffer with plans that are counter-productive to Nohr's position in the war.
  • Your family's reaction when they learn about True Garon: Aside from Xander's reaction, I'm still shocked everyone was all like, "No way, this can't be father. We can't attack him since he's still the man we all know and love." They knew something wrong was with father! I remember in Leo and Elise's supports, Leo knows the current King Garon isn't the same as he was in the past. He would probably join Xander right away with, "This monster is not our father at all. No wonder something was wrong all these years." And thanks to Leo, Elise should be aware about that too. Remember how I said we could've talked to all the siblings about Garon's true form before the invasion even began? I'm sure they'd all believe me. Xander realized Garon wanted me dead going into the battle in Chapter 7, so I'm sure Xander would hear me too.
Birthright's story was more straightfoward IMO. Yes, it didn't have the perfect plot either, since it was your good ol "Stop the enemy forces from invading" FE plot, but at least it wasn't too complex to the point they started getting into way too many inconsistencies. I ended up having so many qualms with Conquest's story compared to Birthright's that I didn't feel too compelled with proceeding into its story. For me, the primary reason I kept playing it was to experience the gameplay and see what exciting new map awaited me.

Conquest's story also felt too dependent on Revelation's reveals. Birthright also had those unanswered questions left to be answered for the third route, but those questions felt more subtle compared to Conquest's.

As for the characters? I can understand why Conquest's characters are more enjoyable, though I don't have too many that are my favorite. The ones that I really liked were Laslow (he's easily my favorite of the three Awakening children; I was never into Odin and Selena that much), Niles, Arthur, and Charlotte. Peri was pretty enjoyable, probably one of the few yanderes that I actually liked. Keaton was cool, but I didn't seem to enjoy him that much as a character compared to Kaden. As a fighting unit, though, Keaton is a blast to use because of he's such a good hard-hitting tank (and was one of my MVPs in this play through). Children wise, my favorite Nohrian child unit probably has to be Ophelia. Not only does she make a broken mage, but I feel like her character was more enjoyable than Odin's. She has the same theatrical attitude, but her playful personality and voice like her grandmother made her feel more enjoyable for me, like it was the right mix. Nina is also up there, as I find her "daydreaming" personality rather amusing. Siegbert was an enjoyable character too since I'm a huge Xander fan. Velouria was similar to Keaton: made a great unit fighting unit, but character wasn't something I remember the most for. I like Selkie just a tad bit more when it comes to the Beastkin children. Overall, it's hard for me to pick which overall cast of characters were better between the two versions. I think both have their fair share of enjoyable and enjoyable characters.

Now onto the royal siblings: again, I can understand why Nohrian siblings are generally more preferred than the Hoshidan ones, but I guess I'm one of the few that likes most of the Hoshidan siblings more.
  • Xander: Definitely my favorite of all the Nohrian siblings. He has a great personality and a lot of memorable dialogue, and I like how he interacts with Corrin, not to mention Xander saved me in so many chapters with his signature sword combined with his really good Strength and Defense stats. I'd say Xander is either a bit higher or tied with Xander for my favorite oldest sibling.
  • Camilla: I guess her backstory was fairly interesting (and she knows how to be cold and brutal at the right times), but I found it hard for her to take her seriously thanks to how they emphasize "fan-service" out of her. Her cutscene in Birthright wasn't some epic introduction with her flying from her horse pointing her axe at you or using a tome. It was just her doing a sexy walk zooming in on parts of her body, then switching into a POV perspective as she grabs your head. Then there's the final cutscene in Conquest where you bump into her boobs and fall to the ground while you were being dragged by Elise. Again, why was this necessary? Not to mention she has some... favoritism issues toward Corrin. I know she cares about her siblings, but I found her attachment to Corrin a little... cringeworthy at times (heck, in Arthur and Camilla's supports, Camilla tells Arthur to tell Corrin how much she loves him). I found Hinoka's devotion to Corrin more appealing to be honest, as well as having a more enjoyable character.
  • Leo: He's cool and has a cool design, but I feel like Takumi's character was way more interesting, not to mention Takumi was more relatable and was more reliable in my Birthright playthrough then Leo was in my Conquest play through.
  • Elise: It's cute how she loves Corrin, but she felt a little... too energetic for my tastes. There were moments in Conquest that didn't give me particularly fond opinion of her, particularly Chapter 8 when she's the reason you end up having to fight the Ice Tribe in the first place (how can anyone make such a big mistake like that) and when she rudely snapped out at Sakura in Chapter 18. I was glad to see she underwent character development and learned to bond with Sakura in the end though. Elise was also my best magic-user too. In all, I like Elise, but I prefer Sakura more due to personality.
In the end, even though Conquest had its issues, it was still a fun experience. Gameplay and characters were fun, but the story could've been written a lot better.

And with that, I'll finally be able to start Revelation just in time for summer vacation (at least very close to it; I only have one more day until my break begins). Glad to have Takumi and Kaden joining my side again!
Chapter 13-Some are against the rebellion but I clearly remember some villagers saying they know it's pointless to rebel against Garon and that the war would end faster if they just followed his orders

Chapter 14 and 15-"Hey Azura, did you see the mysterious blue-haired singer with magic water powers with the same voice as yours?"
"No... but I did find this extremely dumb plot device"
Also, Gunter in Conquest is completely pointless, he is useless gameplay wise and contributes nothing to the story
I can relate to how Jakob feels
FB_IMG_1462407882329-1.jpg

Also,
him having supports in Conquest but not in Rev makes the "plot twist" very obvious

Chapter 18-I did like the idea of having both families being able to bond together but it was just done properly
-Instead of discussing war and politics... they argued who loves Corrin more
-Zola was the real hero, he would have ended the war without needles bloodshed. And they even had to kill all those Nohrian soldiers who were just doing their job. Normally, if this game had any politics involved, Xander, as the CROWN PRINCE, could have just said for Zola to **** off and release the royal family instead of having to fight their own forces
-Zola deserved better, he did nothing wrong ;_;

Iago. Just, Iago-*sigh* exactly how can the king's advisor accuse the ROYAL FAMILY of treason? At least he's dumb so the siblings had an excuse to finally kill him
I get that Gooron doesn't care about them but he actively tries to get you killed

The siblings' reaction-yeah, that was dumb, but at least Xander was great on that scene

I think that Conquest's plot could have been solved if they gave Hoshido someone that is evil so we have a justification for conquering it
Make it so that this person was related to Anankos somehow or something

As for the siblings, overall, I like the Nohr ones better
Leo is one of the few who even so as slightly criticizes Corrin and being cool book bro
I always liked Camilla and her supports with Niles which explained why she acts like that made me like her even more
Elise is just adorable and I'd never be able to break her heart by choosing Hoshido. The first time she shows up, she jumps and hugs you and I got diabbetes on that moment
And Xander... man, I just love Xander, in a totally brotherly way, I love whenever he calls Corrin Little Prince/Princess, I could never bring myself to kill him
I guess I'll never be able to play Birthright then

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
That should speak for itself. The main focus is Zelda, so they're starting with it.

In fact, it looks like the entire first day will be Zelda. But I doubt that Nintendo will have nothing else to show, especially with a new Rhythm Heaven game, new Pokémon game, new Monster Hunter, etc.
I'm pretty sure they outright said that Zelda is the only game they're showing off. They wouldn't have worded it that way if there was going to be other games being shown off.

All we can do is hope for a Direct soon.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I actually am gobsmacked he beat Mario, Pokémon, Zelda, etc.

Godspeed, blue blur. Godspeed. :4sonic:

EDIT: Zelda actually got in too, not that I'm complaining.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

I actually am gobsmacked he beat Mario, Pokémon, Zelda, etc.

Godspeed, blue blur. Godspeed. :4sonic:

EDIT: Zelda actually got in too, not that I'm complaining.
And they say Sonic is dead.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
(Zelda theory time)

THIS MAKES SO MUCH SENSE

IF THIS TURNS OUT TO BE THE CASE I AM SO PUMPED FOR THIS GAME

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
An interesting video by Alax.
Decided to have my own take on it.
30 Character Roster Roster.png

Took a few different factors into making it. I didn't want any one series going over three characters (one tenth of the roster) besides Mario, as he's the golden boy. He gets four. :p I didn't add any third parties because I feel 30 characters, at this stage of the game, is too limiting to reserve space for guests. The only non-third party veteran series left out were Game and Watch, Ice Climber, Mother, F-Zero, and Wii Fit. For the former two, it's due to lack of space for too many retros, and R.O.B. and Duck Hunt had an arguably bigger impact. For Mother and F-Zero, it was lack of modern relevance while also not being retro, an awkward place to be in during a hypothetical reboot. Wii Fit was the hardest cut, but she came close. In the end it came down between Shulk or Wii Fit Trainer, and I chose Shulk since I thought it'd upset the lesser amount of people.

Only two newcomers here: Inkling and Isabelle. I picked them due to their extreme relevance and notoriety among Nintendo's All-Stars, as they're arguably some of the only all-stars left not on the roster. As well, the Mii is reworked since the other two types can't be present due to roster limitations. Here, the Mii, while still customizable, focuses more on stuff from the actual Mii games.

Also did away with the Original 12 rule solely due to Jigglypuff wasting Pokemon space when only three spots were available, but Falcon and Ness ended up being cut due to this, as I couldn't in good faith keep them on a limited roster with Jigglypuff gone.

All in all, I think it'd be a solid roster for a 30-person reboot.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517

Well played.
Yeah...

Doesn't he die, like, all the time, though? What makes this death different, though? Because considering how getting ripped by sawblades, getting hit by a giant wrecking ball, and falling into lava only causes him to drop his wallet and backflip away, you'd think he'd be able to survive a stab in the back.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yeah...

Doesn't he die, like, all the time, though? What makes this death different, though? Because considering how getting ripped by sawblades, getting hit by a giant wrecking ball, and falling into lava only causes him to drop his wallet and backflip away, you'd think he'd be able to survive a stab in the back.
The light was so shiny he dropped his wallet. That's why he was looking at the ground. Mephiles only wanted to steal 20 bucks but didn't notice Sonic dropped his wallet

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yeah...

If you want to be technical:

They do actually explain that Mephiles ripped Sonic's soul from his body, and it couldn't re-enter on it's own.

His soul communicates with Elise to let her know he's still there and wants to get back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom