• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Found it, it's the prototype version of Andrew Oikonny

Which means he's in the picture twice instead of Panther

Last edited:

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
It's not that Sonic overall has **** stories, Sonic '06 was just particularly bad.
Well... The whole Werehog story was kind of off. And the Sonic Storybook Series made little sense... comprising of about 2 games. What even happened to that, anyway? I'm really sad they decided to drop it, those games were fun. But still, it was like, "SONIC'S IN A BOOK, HE'S GOTTA SAVE IT, OOOOooooOOO!" both times. Honestly, both plots were pretty recycled.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I mean, yeah, but the more I look at it, the worse it gets. I mean, Sonic could have stopped after World 1 in Colours and boom! Eggman's plot still fails! And Lost World...Ugh
He could have... if he even knew about everything there which he didn't.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well... The whole Werehog story was kind of off. And the Sonic Storybook Series made little sense... comprising of about 2 games. What even happened to that, anyway? I'm really sad they decided to drop it, those games were fun.
There wasn't much of anything wrong with any of those three games, story wise.

They're frankly three of the best in that regard (and Unleashed is just one of the best Sonic games period).

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Well... The whole Werehog story was kind of off. And the Sonic Storybook Series made little sense... comprising of about 2 games. What even happened to that, anyway? I'm really sad they decided to drop it, those games were fun.
Secret Rings has been remembered as having the worst control scheme in Sonic history and idiots fans only went 'WAHWAH MY ARM HURTS' for Black Knight

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Last edited:

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Secret Rings has been remembered as having the worst control scheme in Sonic history and idiots fans only went 'WAHWAH MY ARM HURTS' for Black Knight
Welp, that pretty much sums it up, then. But still, you know how early Wii games work, having you shake the remote for EVERY. LITTLE. THING.

There's a reason I always get extremely tired after a few races of Donkey Kong: Barrel Blast.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Who's the guy to the left of Leon and Pigma?
It's Argy. Contrary to popular belief it is NOT the prototype of Andrew. Andrew replaced him in SF64.

He's as much a unique character from Andrew is as Fay and Miyu are from Katt Monroe and Bill Grey.

Found it, it's the prototype version of Andrew Oikonny

Which means he's in the picture twice instead of Panther
It's not Andrew.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm guessing that it originated from the cancelled Star Fox 2 game then.
That was my original guess, I put that down but edited it out because I didn't remember Starfox 1 very well and couldn't get confirmation whether it was Starfox 2 or not

It's Argy. Contrary to popular belief it is NOT the prototype of Andrew. Andrew replaced him in SF64.

He's as much a unique character from Andrew is as Fay and Miyu are from Katt Monroe and Bill Grey.

It's not Andrew.
Well, it's definitely the prototype for him. In an unreleased game

Does he actually HAVE a name?

Edit: Argy? I dunno, Starfox 2 kind of isn't really canon. I'm pretty sure from a technical perspectice "Argy" is nothing more than a prototype for Andrew.

Looking on Starfox wiki there is no page for "Argy"

This is fanon stuff, right?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That was my original guess, I put that down but edited it out because I didn't remember Starfox 1 very well and couldn't get confirmation whether it was Starfox 2 or not

Edit: Argy? I dunno, Starfox 2 kind of isn't really canon. I'm pretty sure from a technical perspectice "Argy" is nothing more than a prototype for Andrew.

His literal name in the game in his chat box is "Argy".

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
At least the Sonic games' plots aren't as bad as Conquest's :^)
If I were to pinpoint a game with an absolutely terrible plot without going into shovelware or licensed game, it'd have to be the later Mega Man games. They kind of just kept recycling the same plot over and over and over again, with no variety. And I highly bet the same'll happen to Mighty No. 9.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
If I were to pinpoint a game with an absolutely terrible plot without going into shovelware or licensed game, it'd have to be the later Mega Man games. They kind of just kept recycling the same plot over and over and over again, with no variety. And I highly bet the same'll happen to Mighty No. 9.
I'd argue the later MM games are better as they show more character. Such as Wily not being completely evil.

I'm in the mood to trashtalk Spongebob suddenly. Halp

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

His name is Argy. While Andrew replaced him, he's a different species and has a different name. So to me, he's absolutely a separate character.

He's no different than Fay or Miyu.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'd argue the later MM games are better as they show more character. Such as Wily not being completely evil.

You say it like you literally have "Trash Talk Tourettes" or something. :V

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
His name is Argy. While Andrew replaced him, he's a different species and has a different name. So to me, he's absolutely a separate character.

He's no different than Fay or Miyu.
In the end, Star Fox and Star Fox 2 pretty much took place at a different timeline.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517

Now see, if we're talking bad plot in terms of LICENSED games...

Spongebob's Your Uncle.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Going back to the E3 topic. If there isn't any Directs that happen in between now and the Fall of this year then the so called NX Direct that's going to happen towards the end of this year has to be huge and blow all our expectations out the water.

Won't be happy to have another dry period like we did from June-November last year though. I want to see a Direct this month that would have been the usual Digital Event at E3 and another Direct in August to bridge the gap to the NX Direct that would most likely happen in September, October, or November.
...It explains why I end up mumbling '**** Roy' when thinking to myself
Figures. That's something I would expect you would do since it's basically your life purpose.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
In the end, Star Fox and Star Fox 2 pretty much took place at a different timeline.
No, Star Fox 2 was intended to be a direct sequel to the original Star Fox.

Guess this is as good a time as any to post my timeline that r/starfox seems to like.

Zero's placement is completely tentative, I made this not long after it was announced, so ignore that. Zero is a flat out reboot and a new timeline altogether with nothing coming before it.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
What I meant to say is that Star Fox and Star Fox 2 are not part of the Star Fox 64 timeline. Whereas, the Star Fox 64 timeline is not part of Star Fox Zero's timeline. In other words...

Timeline 1: Star Fox -> Star Fox 2
Timeline 2: Star Fox 64 -> Star Fox Adventures -> Star Fox Assault -> Star Fox Command
Timeline 3: Star Fox Zero

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
All this SF timeline business is reminding me of Zelda lol. We're going to have to make a Child, Adult, and Downfall timeline for SF now.

D

Deleted member

I still can't get the new Fates DLC but Map Pack 2 starts today
The first map of Recollection of Bubbles is only 50 cents, the whole pack is $7,50
There's also Another Gift from Anna which is free and gives you two items:
A pair of boots and a Paragon seal which teachs the Paragon skill to any unit
In case you don't know, the Paragon skill doubles the amount of experience received, making it easier to train the unit with it

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
All this SF timeline business is reminding me of Zelda lol. We're going to have to make a Child, Adult, and Downfall timeline for SF now.
Can't wait for Nintendo to just make a Star Fox that takes place if James was still alive. And every new game they make just ****s with the timeline more and more.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Don't forget the like dozen endings for Command.
Star Fox Command was pretty much the end of the second timeline with its multiple endings, and they're not even canon either. It's because of that game that a brick wall hit Star Fox until the third timeline was born in the form of Star Fox Zero.

Chrono.

Guess this is as good a time as any to post my timeline that r/starfox seems to like.

Zero's placement is completely tentative, I made this not long after it was announced, so ignore that. Zero is a flat out reboot and a new timeline altogether with nothing coming before it.

lol Out of this Dimension.

I'm kinda sad Zero didn't include some sort of call back to it.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Can't wait for Nintendo to just make a Star Fox that takes place if James was still alive. And every new game they make just ****s with the timeline more and more.
That would actually be pretty intriguing lol.
Don't forget the like dozen endings for Command.
Then we get a spinoff of every single ending of SFC.

That means we'll get a spinoff game of the ending where Fox and Falco become F-Zero racers meaning new F-Zero game confirmed!

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
In the year 20XX, Nintendo is planning a literal full-body cockpit for only one Star Fox game. And it literally flips you upside down every time you do a barrel roll. It also ejects you out of the seat when you die. Some say Mr. Miyamoto went insane. Some say he slit his neck with a knife, uttering these few words before he did..."do a barrel roll..." Nintendo is renamed to Star Fox Corp. under the rule of constant Star Fox games. Mario Fox, Kirby Fox, Zelda Fox. The new president even got a furry suit to look like Fox. And every time someone comes into his office, he grunts loudly and inconsistently, saying, "MISHUN COMPREE" whenever a meeting is finished. Nintendo shortly went out of business thereafter.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Not sure why an unreleased game is even included in any timeline.

If unreleased ideas were included in timelines Zelda would be really strange

Such as Link traveling between the far future and past, and having space zelda

Chrono.

Not sure why an unreleased game is even included in any timeline.

If unreleased ideas were included in timelines Zelda would be really strange

Such as Link traveling between the far future and past, and having space zelda
Star Fox 2 was more than just an idea.

It's one of the few unreleased games to be basically 99% finished, and it's out there in the wild too.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Star Fox 2 was more than just an idea.

It's one of the few unreleased games to be basically 99% finished, and it's out there in the wild too.
How many other series use unreleased titles as "canon"?

Edit: LOL, is "Mario's Wacky World" canon?

Last edited:

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
You're clearly forgetting about a powerhouse title.
To be honest I'll probably get this, but yeah there's more potential for Mario & Sonic crossover games than just using the Olympics again and again

Also this is what happens when Soundclown absorbs the six souls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom