• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Robin Hood may be a given. I think the last male character may have him.

It's the women that I can't figure out.
Two new characters were shown off in the trailer, a girl with an iron mask, and the tech girl with night vision/mask/thing.

What characters would fit them?
I think the former will have something tied to the "spectral" motorcycle seen in the trialer. No names come to mind.

The latter? I think we're gonna see something of the spy nature such as Mata Hari.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh yeah, the new president said something about pushing merchandise. Wonder what good **** that'll get us. inb4 official cosplay material
You know, I could actually see this. It be a pretty smart venture for them, and they'd probably make profits back on what it would cost.

Also everyone is forgetting, that we have whatever N stars is. Isn't that suppose to be a wii u title? Then the 3ds has sun and moon, which is all it needs really, with the support of the other titles on it.

And I think Cloud is definitely a sign of things to come.

And in other news:

Badge Arcade launched 4 new badges today in NA.

They feature different poses of Badge Bunny and are called thank you badges.

How do you get them?

Buy $1 of play for the first one.

For the second badge, buy $2 of play.

The 3rd is $3 dollars worth of plays.

And the 4th is buy $4 worth of plays.

If they are doing this, they definitely are making money off badge arcade.

At this point, I'd honestly be shocked if Badge Bunny does not end up in Smash if there is an NX title.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
well i know navigator girls persona will be alibaba (its her chat name in one of the cutscenes)
musketter girl strikes me as having robin hood
biker girl is a mystery considering she has a bike(al capone maybe)

and ya i was slightly intrested in ff15 and was worried that ps5 would be out in the summer keeping me from TMS
but nope i get both atlus rpgs

Overwatch Open Open Beta is live btw. Anyone who wants to play on PC/One/PS4 can now. Not just people who got access codes from NeoGAF threads :p

FF15 and 7r are 20 times more hype for me than Zelda so I really hope that it's happens.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You know, I could actually see this. It be a pretty smart venture for them, and they'd probably make profits back on what it would cost.

Also everyone is forgetting, that we have whatever N stars is. Isn't that suppose to be a wii u title? Then the 3ds has sun and moon, which is all it needs really, with the support of the other titles on it.

And I think Cloud is definitely a sign of things to come.

And in other news:

Badge Arcade launched 4 new badges today in NA.

They feature different poses of Badge Bunny and are called thank you badges.

How do you get them?

Buy $1 of play for the first one.

For the second badge, buy $2 of play.

The 3rd is $3 dollars worth of plays.

And the 4th is buy $4 worth of plays.

If they are doing this, they definitely are making money off badge arcade.

At this point, I'd honestly be shocked if Badge Bunny does not end up in Smash if there is an NX title.
N-Stars is a 3DS title.

However, the common theory is that it's an amiibo focused game. If it is, it'll probably be a dual release on Wii U and 3DS, like Mini-Mario & Friends: amiibo Challenge.

I'm interested, but as far as we know, N-Stars will not be at E3 at this rate. We also don't know for sure what it is, and even the bit about it being amiibo focused is speculation.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
There's two ways Badge Bunny could work as a character. Either as a grab bag of Nintendo stuff that didn't warrant it's own character or with a style based around building up some kind of resource to use (akin to winning wood badges to earn chances to shoot for real ones.)

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Nintendo directs get almost as much traffic as their E3 presentations, at least when they do big reveals. Them waiting to actually show off more games is a smart move because otherwise people are going to be ultra disappointed.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

ALL MY FEARS FOR THIS MOVIE HAS GONE DOWN THE DRAIN. (well atleast 50% of it)

I love those suits. Straight up Robocop+Iron Man. The helmets are impressive

But I miss the Spandex, it made it look less bulky
I REALLY don't care for the movie as Power Rangers was never my thing, but I remember when I saw you yapping about Rita's design in my new feed once. Now where's my goddamn English Kamen Rider the First adaptation dammit?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
No Direct for E3? Well that's a bit disappointing as I'm not a Zelda fan.

Would guess we'll get a Direct by the end of this month as we're bound to get Sun/Moon news within the next week or two with Corocoro, plus we're past the general two month wait. That said, there's nothing left beyond a few select eShop titles I'm interested in on modern systems.

I guess it's a good time to have discovered how to bid/buy things on Yahoo Japan Auctions. My Famicom/Disk System collection will be booming by the end of the summer. :chuckle:

D

Deleted member

Does anyone knows when the new Fates DLC is supposed to release today?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Nintendo directs get almost as much traffic as their E3 presentations, at least when they do big reveals. Them waiting to actually show off more games is a smart move because otherwise people are going to be ultra disappointed.
From what I've seen during the past few years, the Directs have also been known to give SmashBoards connection issues.

Chrono.

This is why I think it'll be a smart move to leave the NX reveal for Fall.

Why try to force a competition with the "PS4K" or whatever when they can just reveal it on their own terms and generate more hype that way?

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Sooo... is it safe to assume Nintendo Space World 2016 (or some comparable live event/stage presentation) will be a thing? Surely they won't just release a glorified Direct right?

and when will they have it? My money is on September.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's not so much not revealing the NX I have a problem with anymore (though I still think they should reveal the system itself and save the game showcasing for their own event).

It's just having absolutely nothing else other than Zelda to show at E3.

I mean, Paper Mario: Colour Splash is slated for 2016. So is Federation Force. Regardless of kneejerk reception to those games, they should have them at E3 too. Zelda doesn't come out until 2017.

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Sooo... is it safe to assume Nintendo Space World 2016 (or some comparable live event/stage presentation) will be a thing? Surely they won't just release a glorified Direct right?

and when will they have it? My money is on September.
They won't have a Direct. It'll just be Treehouse streaming Zelda.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Just watched two episodes of that Teen Titans Go show everyone seems to hate. I watched the entire original series when I was younger.

I really don't think this show is as much of a sin as people say. I thought it was one of the funnier shows on the network lately honestly.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Just watched two episodes of that Teen Titans Go show everyone seems to hate. I watched the entire original series when I was younger.

I really don't think this show is as much of a sin as people say. I thought it was one of the funnier shows on the network lately honestly.
It's what's done later that everyone's disgusted by. They hyped up Slade appearing, which both fans AND haters of the reboot were curious about. Slade isn't seen at all, taken out offscreen and the rest of the episode is about Cyborg and Beast Boy whining that stuff they liked back in the day changed, AKA, "**** you, people who don't like this new TT show"

Soul.

They don't need to show NX at E3 only to make up for the "barebones" presentation they will have. If they make a special event about NX they're still going to get a lot of views.

E3 isn't the only gaming event of the year. And sure, while it's not dying it's becoming less revelant. Otherwise we would have a bunch of companies going all in instead of doing their own streams and presentations.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Yup, PlayStation Meeting 2013 in February 2013 was when Sony revealed the PS4, and look how successful that console is. I think most people are over the "NX No Show" and just annoyed that it's all but a "Nintendo No Show."

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
N-Stars is a 3DS title.

However, the common theory is that it's an amiibo focused game. If it is, it'll probably be a dual release on Wii U and 3DS, like Mini-Mario & Friends: amiibo Challenge.

I'm interested, but as far as we know, N-Stars will not be at E3 at this rate. We also don't know for sure what it is, and even the bit about it being amiibo focused is speculation.
Ah I see. If it is amiibo focused, I can't see it being released only on 3ds as they lose sales that way.
Does anyone knows when the new Fates DLC is supposed to release today?
It should have been out by now, but I'd give till 5pm EST.

I agree. I actually like TTG as someone who was a huge fan of the original. It's meant to be less serious, not a continuation like many saw. It's usually pretty funny and has clever topics for episodes.

Chrono.

It's not so much not revealing the NX I have a problem with anymore (though I still think they should reveal the system itself and save the game showcasing for their own event).

It's just having absolutely nothing else other than Zelda to show at E3.

I mean, Paper Mario: Colour Splash is slated for 2016. So is Federation Force. Regardless of kneejerk reception to those games, they should have them at E3 too. Zelda doesn't come out until 2017.
They can make up for that in other events.

There's Gamescon, PAX, GDC, TGS, etc etc

_Silver_

I don't even know anymore.
NNID
coffeeman65
3DS FC
1349-8695-1576

still a better show than PPG 2016

Strofirko

Smash Master
E3 is dying people,face it,and this time nintendo while is acting stupid,the hype for the top contenders last year was:
-The last delay
-Begging for money on stage
-Todd Howard eletric bogaloo

E3 nowadays is like friday party nights followed by an entire week of regret.

Saying that I am looking foward to Phil Spencer trying to make up from the crap on March .

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Well on the plus side everyone's E3 predictions are going to be a lot more accurate then it's ever been before.

Here's hoping for a Direct in either May, early-June, or late-June. If I recall correctly E3 2012 was pretty barebones in terms of content and then it had a Direct a few weeks later that revealed s bunch of new/pre-existing titles. Personally I really want to see a Direct in May that reveals a bunch of new titles along with more Sun and Moon information.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
E3 is dying people,face it,and this time nintendo while is acting stupid,the hype for the top contenders last year was:
-The last delay
-Begging for money on stage
-Todd Howard eletric bogaloo

E3 nowadays is like friday party nights followed by an entire week of regret.

Saying that I am looking foward to Phil Spencer trying to make up from the crap on March .
I have no regrets having Anime Night with dumb nerds on Fridays
still a better show than PPG 2016
That's like saying "At least you're not dead" to a paraplegic person

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Did you think Mario advertising Mercedes Benz was weird?

Wait until you get a load of this.

D

Deleted member

I have no regrets having Anime Night with dumb nerds on Fridays

That's like saying "At least you're not dead" to a paraplegic person
Well, AT LEAST they aren't dead
Depending on some cases, it would be a lucky thing to happen

D

Deleted member

By that I meant saying it could be worse doesn't matter. It could be worse, yes, but it could always be better too
Saying it could be better is being pessimitic
Saying it could be worse is being optimistic
You should try to see things from a better perspective

D

Deleted member

I'm usually optimistic, but I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE that argument. Because I'm right, it could be better too
Of course it could
But what are you going to say to the paraplegic person? That they could be dead or that they could be walking?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

I've never really understood Teen Titans Go! and its supply of rubbish. Sure it's one man's opinion, but Teen Titans often felt a lot better to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom